collapse

Author Topic: T.A.P., You're It  (Read 49461 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: T.A.P., You're It
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 02:12:53 am »
Ah the nostalgia.... I feel the need to recruit again :D  Any takers?

*Grits teeth, then makes an attempt to smile politely*

Thanks, but no thanks. ;)
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2012, 03:10:45 am »
but, i certainly don't try to turn it into my (nor others) reality of life!

Isn't that the same goal as Christian missionaries? Everyone becomes a blind sheep in the care of a flock?

::)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012, 03:18:24 am »
-- Aleister Crowley

Aleister Crowley is to Rosicrucians what Satan is to Christians :P

That's okay... I am pretty sure you wouldn't 'cut the mustard' as it were :)

But until you try it, don't knock it. There is nothing like having loyal Vassals hunt and kill the Beast and present it for your approval before the feast begins :D

This is something that money cannot buy

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 03:33:46 am »
That's okay... I am pretty sure you wouldn't 'cut the mustard' as it were :)

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist saying that.

This is something that money cannot buy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg913f8Tjqc[/youtube]
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 03:41:57 am »
Nice video :D Proof TAP won't work :P

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 04:12:00 am »

lol, not my cup of tea or coffee either.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:25 am »

Well lets see.... offer them free food and booze... make sure I have dancing girls in the camp and from time to time give them a piece of paper of recognition for deeds well done..

Um... They can have free food and booze without Your offer.  Hardly a lure.  And what will You offer the women to get Them to choose to dance?  I'm not seeing these as being successful army-building options in TAP.

That ought to cover it... well at least that worked for me :D

Sure, in a scarcity paradigm.  Not so much in The Abundance Paradigm.

It is surprisingly easy to raise a Loyal Army.  All you need to be aware of is the Law of Vassalage.  When you find out what a person's price is to be your Loyal Vassal, you need only meet that price and you will have followers

Yes, in scarcity that works awesomely.  In abundance, the price can only be of a social nature since food, drink, shelter, and all other material things are available without becoming a vassal.

What your program doesn't allow for is that there are MANY people like Bjarki that live for the battle... and most of them are big and mean looking (Bjarki is a pussy cat unless you cross him ;)

MOCK battle. I bet He would at least hesitate if You had a battle where People are maiming and killing One anOther.  And MOCK battles may turn out to be quite common.  Sure, playacting will retain its popularity.   So...  Sure TAP allows for that.

Though they have said that the pen is mightier than the sword, I think your Tweets would not fare to well against my Claymore

How many have You actually killed, z?  If any, how do You feel about it?

I have seen grown men cry when receiving a Knighthood after a good battle... you have NO IDEA the power of this until you have experienced it first hand. If you could, you would understand how easy it is to get an army together.

And all that will continue - as long as it is all MOCK.  Geez.  You act as if You believe the playacting is REAL.

It has been this way throughout history... I do not see it changing anytime soon.  Our medieval groups number in the TENS of THOUSANDS world wide. The SCA alone has 35,000 plus members.

And They are actually killing One anOther?  No.  They are PLAYACTING.  And, again. Throughout history We have lived in a scarcity paradigm.  The abundance paradigm is TERRA INCOGNITA.

And these are the honorable ones... :D I won't even get into those survivalist armies everywhere

I don't see the survivalist "armies" out killing People.  They might in a survivalist scenario, I agree - but TAP is NOT a survivalist scenario, is it?
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:34 am »
Dream on! It is not in the heart of earthly man to live like robots, nor to be 25/7 cared for by robots. This is a made-up approach to life, and is as "fictional" as fiction can get. I personally like some fiction, but, i certainly don't try to turn it into my (nor others) reality of life!!

Man, Your view of TAP is skewed.  Humans following Their bliss are NOT "liv[ing] like robots," nor does anyOne HAVE to live with robots.  One is welcome to live like any from any age past.  Live in caves and gather food and firewood like cavemen.  Live in a yert on the Mongolian steppes.  Live in a log cabin One built with One's own hands.  One can live in a house One designed and robots (and any Humans whose bliss it is to build houses) built.  One is FREE to live as One wishes within the three Laws.  Are You saying Humans should NOT be free?

A couple of thoughts where some form of this would be in vogue - - long-term space voyages. I would envision those to be all-things-provided societies, which could continue even after landing, if somewhat permanent. But that thought is presently pretty much fiction too. And even then, man will still be man, with all of his weaknesses and shortcomings.

No One HAS to live with any tech whatsoever.  The whole point of TAP is to offer FREEDOM to choose what makes One happiest, do what One wishes, live as One wishes.  All TAP does is make it unnecessary to AFFORD what One wishes to pursue.  SO many now have dreams They die with unfulfilled - because They were not lucky enough to scrape together the MONEY needed to do what They envision.  They spend Their lives for meager pay pumping Their energy into the system, hoping for the "big break."

The other thought is related to "heaven", is biblical scripture, which is definitely not fiction. But I won't go into any farther detail on that here except to say that heaven will involve the "spiritual man", not the "earthly man", so the "heart" of the heavenly man will certainly be different, as will his every thought and action.   

My vision of "heaven" is a place where I can create without having to worry about food/clothing/shelter/water supply.

There are many many needs of people all over the world that await the someone(s) who can give them help. But a fact of life, is.....usually "MONEY" is needed to address those needs. Right-now problems like that are all over and every where. But, there are so few "champions" who will stand up and be a part of helping address the real needs of the day TODAY - only a few!  :o

Because money engenders greed.  A fear of Others taking from One.  Remove the need to have money to get the basics, and all help will be available without concern.

(Mostly just my opinions)

Based on a misconception, it seems.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2012, 08:03:13 am »
Nice video :D Proof TAP won't work :P

Hardly.  Those goons who did the "master's" bidding - were entrained by the money/power They were allowed by the "master."  What could that "master" offer Them when there is no money and They can have the material things They want and there is no power over Others?

Fruitbat

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 08:03:30 am »
I am actually living a perverse sort of the abundance paradigm as we speak.
let me explain:

If we were to limit the concept of "abundance" to consumer durables, particularly of a mechanical or electronics variety, then because of 99% of my fellow mans inability to understand the basic principles of operations of it, and the operation of the consumer society as it is, I find that I am able to have pretty much anything I want providing I am willing to put in a bit of repairing and cleaning for a price that may as well be nothing.

I find in myself a strange reluctance to then part with my "treasures" even when I no longer have immediate or predicted use for them! The end result is that I end up needing more space to "live" than strictly speaking I need... I own five motorcycles for example. Who in the name of all that is holy NEEDS five motorcycles?

Admittedly, I am not actually fully living in the abundance paradigm, in reality I still have to purchase fuel for my daily drive, and food for my cat and I, and occasional equipement for the engineering efforts, so there is a small need to "make a return on my labour" still, but I would rest easier, knowing that in Amy's abundance paradigm I would put my skills to use for the common good, not just collect artifacts, like I, and so many of my peers seem to do now, the moment that we seem escape from the scarcity paradigm...

FB.

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:41 am »
what's the video got to do with z, petrus?
was that a threat or just an indicator of how rulers tend to be corrupted by their own rulership? (i really don't think you have room to be criticizing others about corruption, considering your current vassal-hood to kali.)
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 08:36:38 am »

This is something that money cannot buy

i know exactly what you're getting at.  we were created to be vassals.  so we have found various ingenious or not so ingenious ways to do that.   we are psychologically predisposed to serve, either ourselves, each other or an ideal, such as a god, goddess, president, king, queen or pharaoh, etc.  it's a human "need" almost, as if there's a part missing if we aren't  actively involved in serving something or someone.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:50:48 am by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 10:03:51 am »
Let's discuss this army.  Describe the approach to these People You might take to convince Them to follow You...
Hypnosis, religion or mind control.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2012, 10:22:27 am »
Hypnosis, religion or mind control.

First, One person will go hypnotizing and/or mind-controlling enough to have an army before someOne else notices...?  As for religion, all is permissible but that which breaks Laws.  No religion has a majority, and if We adhere to these three Laws, any perps breaking them will be overpowered stigmergicly. 

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 11:40:21 am »
First, One person will go hypnotizing and/or mind-controlling enough to have an army before someOne else notices...?
Someone may notice.  So what?

There is mind control going on all around us and some of us have noticed.  Does that mean nobody can be controlled.  No.

I am not trying to put you off improving the world.  But solutions are needed to potential pitfalls.

As for religion, all is permissible but that which breaks Laws.
That does not mean religion cannot be used to control people and make them fight.

No religion has a majority, and if We adhere to these three Laws, any perps breaking them will be overpowered stigmergicly.
You hope.... 

So, if religion is used to create an army, or mind control of another variety (there are so many) how will these three laws stop them?  Will you have an army to match theirs because you might need one.

I'll say it again, the thing we should be working on is what to do now.  We do not have abundance.  Awareness is not abundance.  What you need are workable solutions to the problems of energy and changing the legal and economic system.  I don't see that happening right now.

Alongside trying to make people aware, you need to change things so you can stop lawmakers (and the corporate lobby) from putting a stop to any budding movement.  I don't think you understand how effective CoInTelPrograms have been at stopping social change.

I'd like to be wrong but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:42:17 am by Pimander »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56