collapse

Author Topic: Ferrets  (Read 70967 times)

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
Re: Ferrets
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 06:58:30 pm »
Well zorgon, you can put me down for a "pending order" for two ferrets, two white and grey females, with a little mustard color around the ears, and for sure "two pink eyes"!

Oh yes, the order shall remain in "pending status", until "hell freezes over". At such time, you may inquire by return message for "shipping instructions". I will plan to have the two ferrets, with the pink eyes shipped direct to the "undo party". However, at this time, I do not have that address firmed up for you!!

I have enjoyed shopping with "Zorgon's Ferret Ranch" very much! Everyone has been extremely cordial, and even helpful. And I do believe that $2,500 each for the ferrets is a really good price. I am confident the undo party will be thrilled with this purchase!

I will look forward to shopping with you again!

rdunk

P.S. -- If the pink eyes turn out to be a challenge with the ferrets, then one pink eye and one blue eye for each of the two ferrets would work just as well.

P.S. 2 - - I will  buy a "male ferret for "stud", as soon as you have a fine determination on whether the male ferret uses his teeth, while "servicing"!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:12:28 pm by rdunk »

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 07:00:13 pm »
haha....you have to love them to put up with all of the work that being a " breeder" involves. What makes me smile is when I see someone get overly impressed with the price I might get on one very fancy little girl Yorkshire Terrier ( everybody wants the fancy little girls)... but they have no idea how much time I spend every day. 24/7. Being interested about ten years ago I bothered to figure out my hours against the total income for that particular year....  Finally figured I was making about seventy-five cents an hour. And here is the difference!.... I thought that was great! Where else can you be paid for loving something and having it love you back?.... meeting such nice extended families too! You should see all of the Christmas cards George and I get each year!

But I don't know nothing about birthin no ferrets. I knew that at one time they were illegal to keep in California.... ( what were they afraid of the great ferret escape and uprising?????) And ferret supplies are everywhere.... and I got to give it to you they are cute in kind of a toothy scarey way!!!!

So are they legal in California now or what Zorgon? I could always send customers your way if so.... keep your Empire growing!   Linda

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »
P.S. -- If the pink eyes turn out to be a challenge with the ferrets, then one pink eye and one blue eye for each of the two ferrets would work just as well.

The pink eyes only come with the albinos and those are not very durable stock... they have all sorts of issues.

As to the delivery, they will just parachute in to the location when determined

Ferretrooper

Ferretrooper prints available here

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Prints/PrintPages/Ferretrooper.html

8)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 07:30:23 pm »
So are they legal in California now or what Zorgon? I could always send customers your way if so.... keep your Empire growing!   Linda

Well currently they are illegal to own in California and Hawaii... seems farmers think that they will escape and become feral and attack their chickens... But in reality they have been so domesticated they would barely survive on their own in the big city.

We did have one that just showed up in out garage. My daughter stepped on the laundry pile in the garage and it squeaked. She thought it was one of the Doggy toys but then the little head popped out.

We have no idea where he came from, but he was healthy and found himself a new home. He has since passed away  :'(

My wife breeds our Pembroke Corgi's occasionally... ours are from a line that have papers back to Queen Elizabeth 1's brood. Works out great for our Medieval persona's as our timeline is Wales (on Caldey Island) during Henry V11's reign :D

Our newest Ferret likes to jump up on the male Corgi's back and go Bronco riding... I need to catch that on video :D  Ferret is having a blast, all claws dug in. Doggy not so happy with that game :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:36:41 pm by zorgon »

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »
My compliments, handsome dog!   

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 07:39:00 pm »
That little dog sure is a cutie too. He/she just has a happy look on its face!

deuem

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 01:25:44 am »
Deuem wants 2 if they are desented!  I have had ferrets before, we also found the first one at our home and then got a mate. They can be a lot of fun and also stink at certain times. We had racoons that stole their food every night. The ferrets would push the bowl up to the fence and the racoons would reach in and take one nugget at a time. I don't know if the ferrets did that just to feed the Racoons or pushed the bowl out of the way but they did it all the time until I tied it. Then they ate the string and pushed it again. I really think they were training the racoons. Maybe planning the great ferret escape. They also used to feed my dog. They would ferret up ground hogs and then the dog would have a free meal.

Deuem

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 05:12:54 am »
Zorgon, now I know you are one cool dude!
I have loved ferrets since the first time I ever saw one.

It's a funny story, where i was in the back yard and as I passed one of the sheds, I saw a little hole going beneath it. I went over to check it out, thinking we had possums or rats holeing up under there, and when I got close, this thing came slinking out from undrneath the shed, and laid across my two bare feet.

Needless to say, I jumped, and ran back thinking it was a possum, as I ran to the back door to tell my wife what had happened.
I told her "this skinny possum came out and laid on my feet, and I though he was going to latch on and chomp my toes!

Just then I looked out the storm door(glass) and there he was stretching to look in the window at us!

My wife said "you dumb arse, thats a ferret!"

She opened the door and we welcomed one of the most beautiful creatures ever into our lives, but werent able to keep him long as my dogs didnt appreciate the little fellow as much as we did.

We named him "Slinky" in honor of his cool moves, and he went to live with a very good friend of ours for almost six more years! He eventually passed away naturally.

The gal we gave him to, had just lost another ferret, and was enamored with Slinky, enjoying many funny and warm moments with him.

So, Otters aside(hi sky:)), ferrets are one of the cutest and most amazing little creatures that Ive ever had the pleasure of knowing.

This photo of Slinky(before digital) has been on my daily bulletin board for ten years now, and its when he first found the xmas tree!
Priceless!
Great thread Z!
Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Fight for truth, fight against suppression of information!
  • Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 05:22:02 am »
  Nasty creatures those ferrets! My friend had one and he always bit my feet under the sofa, when I least expected. Then he ran and I could swear he was laughing when he bounced away sideways with a hunched back  ;D

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 05:40:46 am »
Hey Jarno! those guys can bite and they dont let go!!!

I knew a mean ferret and the buddy who had him tried to give it away to everyone who visited, but the ferret wasnt too keen on impressing those visitors with his charm...just his teeth!LOL!

Cheers!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 07:20:59 am »
haha....you have to love them to put up with all of the work that being a " breeder" involves. What makes me smile is when I see someone get overly impressed with the price I might get on one very fancy little girl Yorkshire Terrier (everybody wants the fancy little girls)... but they have no idea how much time I spend every day. 24/7.

Being interested about ten years ago I bothered to figure out my hours against the total income for that particular year....  Finally figured I was making about seventy-five cents an hour. And here is the difference!.... I thought that was great!

Where else can you be paid for loving something and having it love you back?.... meeting such nice extended families too! You should see all of the Christmas cards George and I get each year!

But I don't know nothing about birthin no ferrets. I knew that at one time they were illegal to keep in California.... ( what were they afraid of the great ferret escape and uprising?????) And ferret supplies are everywhere.... and I got to give it to you they are cute in kind of a toothy scarey way!!!!

Greetings:

Did someone mention Yorkies?

(Ravell Call / Deseret News)

Modern family: A yorkshire terrier named Bridget tends to kittens at the Humane Society of Utah on April 27.
A mother's love: Yorkie adopts five kittens - Animal Tracks

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 07:38:40 am »
we had a ferret we found back in utah.  we named him yasser ferret.   (after yasser arafat).

he was a meanie little guy though.

then we got 2 ferrets in florida and named them spaz and taz. they were great.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 08:07:17 am »
Greetings:

Did someone mention Yorkies?

(Ravell Call / Deseret News)

Modern family: A yorkshire terrier named Bridget tends to kittens at the Humane Society of Utah on April 27.
A mother's love: Yorkie adopts five kittens - Animal Tracks

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

omy, that's a cute dog and those kittens are adorable too.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:28 am »
Zorgon, got to love your ferret thread.  :)

Does anyone remember poor old Richard Whitely?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xHEj3Gk4Q[/youtube]

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »
we had a ferret we found back in utah.  we named him yasser ferret.   (after yasser arafat).
he was a meanie little guy though.

I would be mean too if ya named me that :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56