collapse

Author Topic: kindness counts  (Read 14450 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: kindness counts
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 06:48:35 pm »
Last year, about this time, one member of this forum, knowing that I was having money problems, had the kindness to help me and my family in the way he could at the time.

That help gave us a better Christmas (although, unfortunately, it came a little late for Christmas day, mostly because of bureaucracies) and a better start for 2015, but that wasn't the only (or maybe even the most important) thing, as it made me think that I haven't been helping people as much as I could, and so, although limited at the time to my family, I started giving more of my time to other people, even if it was only on little things like helping in the kitchen (I learned how to cook simple things like rice and spaghetti) or washing the dishes.

I noticed some time ago that now I see the act of helping other people as more natural than I did one year ago.

So, yes, kindness counts, more than it may look at first, and mostly in an indirect way, but it sure counts.

My thanks to that Pegasus member. You made me a better person and made my family's life better.

PS: No names mentioned to protect the "guilty". :)

space otter

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 06:51:06 am »

ArMaP
thanks for sharing that..how nice to know we have kindness here...I knew it  ;D  ;D
and even though you had help.. it was YOU who made the changes in your life ..YOU  made a choice to play the kindness forward
hugs

and gold of course  ;)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2015, 10:41:24 am »
and even though you had help.. it was YOU who made the changes in your life ..YOU  made a choice to play the kindness forward
Yes, but without that first "push", would I do it?

I think that we all have the possibility for good and bad, we only need a push in the right direction. Unfortunately, a push in the wrong direction has the same result but for the bad.

space otter

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 12:06:02 pm »

oh ArMaP

would you or wouldn't you...that still means YOU had to make a choice..
you could have done nothing.. you choose to play it forward

good or bad push we still decide if we go with it or not

you have heard about free will, haven't you .?  ;)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 12:34:03 pm »
Yes, free will plays a part, obviously, but what I mean is that the easiest thing is to do nothing and let things as they are.

Changing is possible (for those that have the will to do it), but most people need that push. Maybe one day I get to the point where I can give that push to someone else. :)

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 12:34:51 pm »
I believe the truly wonderful acts are never known they are always done in secret or asked to keep them secret. Many that you see online are fake and sometimes the help is not given to people who are truly in need but ones that will garner attention.

Just like anything else you need to keep your eyes open to being conned for u-tube hits or donations which may and have been known to be handed as kick backs secretly to the persons starting the campaign.

Personally I think careful choice is necessary. Example, I saw a young woman in a beat up car with bald tires but was very clean, get her kids out and go into the grocery store. Each of the three children was clean and neat even though the clothing was old and passed down. She bought bags of rice, huge bag of potatoes, beans and milk and other staples.

This young woman was a winner in my eyes. If I could afford it I would just have someone put new tires on her car or give her a better one, most any used care would have been an improvement! At that time I had zero cash.

Now in the same parking lot the week before I had given money to a Man with a sign who looked very needy. This week he was still there and I realized had camped the parking lot and now he had a dog and was smoking so he had extra to feed an animal and smoke. Anyway I didn't stop and give him anything and he flipped me off!! Bad choice there!
When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool of the loser.
Socrates

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 06:34:05 pm »
[youtube]OjYXpZBzQYQ[/youtube]

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 02:13:08 pm »
[youtube]OjYXpZBzQYQ[/youtube]

I would be willing to bet these actions and responses were prearranged. I love being kind and going the extra mile for people, but don't expect to always get this response in return. Often people respond with anger or jesters or frowns.

i once offered to carry an elderlies bags and got and angry no in response, the no I understand the anger??? :-\

One guy we stopped for in a wheel char trying to get a cross a street at a crosswalk but no light. We stopped as you should and this caused everyone else to finally stop. The guy gave us the middle finger and did not cross :-( This is not a one time kind of thing people have all kinds of chips on their shoulders.

You have to just smile and move on.
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

space otter

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 02:24:48 pm »

I would be willing to bet these actions and responses were prearranged.

Dyna
of course they were.. it was only a promo to show that kindness is played forward and you never know what one little gesture will end up later
the title to the u tube is Kindness is Contagious, Spread some

it sounds like you have been very unlucky in those you thought to aid...tha'ts sad but like you said you just smile and move on
glad you haven't stopped trying though. ;D

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 09:42:37 pm »

ArMaP, that was a splendid reflection of the Love shared here among the Pegasus Family.

Thank you for sharing.

That's the Pegasus family that I love.

Be Blessed, everyone, for I feel that we will all be tested shortly.

Be vigilant, locked and loaded.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:44:43 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »
ArMaP, that was a splendid reflection of the Love shared here among the Pegasus Family.

Thank you for sharing.
Usually, I don't like to talk about myself, but I thought that in this case I should, as it wasn't really about myself. :)

Be vigilant, locked and loaded.
I think some people may be "loaded" in a different way. ;)

space otter

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 04:01:26 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/pennsylvania-wrestler-forfeits-match-in-ultimate-act-of-sportsmanship/ar-CCrDjh?li=BBnb7Kz
USA Today Sports
Ed Gotwals
4 hrs ago

Pennsylvania wrestler forfeits match in ultimate act of sportsmanship

The Chambersburg wrestling team won every match it faced Saturday at the Wilson Duals Tournament and came home carrying the team championship trophy.

But the Trojans also won a lot of respect for a bout they didn’t even wrestle.

In its last dual meet of the day, Chambersburg took on Conestoga Valley. One of the Buckskins’ top wrestlers, Lucas Ortiz, came out on the mat for the first bout of the meet at 152 pounds, and was awarded a forfeit victory.

It was the 100th victory of his high school career, and it will also be his last.

Ortiz had 99 career wins by the end of the season last February. It seemed like it would be simply a matter of a short time until he opened his senior year with the milestone victory.

Except that Ortiz, who will wrestle at Lock Haven next year, tore an ACL and damaged the meniscus in his knee in October and can’t wrestle this year.

Trojan coach Matt Mentzer said, “Lucas has been on some freestyle teams in the offseason with some of our kids, so we know him, and he’s a good kid. We had heard about him being stuck on 99 wins, and I had talked to him earlier this year (at the Carlisle tournament) and knew he was frustrated about it.

“I remembered that we were going to face them in the Wilson tournament. So when that match came up, I spelled out the situation with our kids and told them to go talk about it and see what they wanted to do.”

The Trojans came back with an answer: Senior Matt Strunk agreed to forfeit his match at 152 to Ortiz, which would be the magic win No. 100.

Strunk said, “Some of our guys know Lucas pretty well and said he’s a really good guy, so we wanted to do something for him. I told the guys that Colin (Runshaw) should go up to 160 and I’ll give up the forfeit at 152. It wasn’t a hard decision for me – he’s a senior and was stuck on 99 wins and it was the right thing to do.”

Ortiz said, “That meant a lot to me. Not so much because it put me at 100 wins, but it just shows that they are great guys.”

space otter

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 08:34:31 pm »

follow up on  James Robertson

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-who-walked-miles-to-work-settles-into-new-life/ar-BBpfF9c?li=BBnbfcL
Associated Press
4 days ago

Man who walked miles to work settles into new life

© REUTERS/Rebecca Cook Detroit resident James Robertson waves to the crowd after being surprised with the free gift of a 2015 red Ford Taurus sedan, at the Suburban Ford dealership in Sterling Heights, Michigan, February 6, 2015 
TROY, Mich. — A Detroit-area man who had said he walked 21 miles a day to and from work is finding life is much easier about a year after receiving a new car and a windfall of donations, but the downside to that generosity is that he has put on weight.

The Detroit Free Press reported last year about James Robertson's daily trek to the factory where he worked in Rochester Hills. Shortly thereafter, donors gave Robertson the car and roughly $360,000. He moved from Detroit to suburban Troy.

"People ask me why I still work. I don't change that for no one," he told the newspaper (http://on.freep.com/1PgpFxO ).

Now it takes the 57-year-old about 12 minutes to drive to work. The newspaper reported Sunday that the new situation hasn't rid 57-year-old Robinson of all of life's problems. He still needs to find new friends and fit into a new neighborhood, and he wants to lose weight because he is not getting as much exercise as before his good fortune.

Robertson said he isn't likely to retire anytime soon, in part because he prizes his friendships at work.

Each weekday, and lately on many Saturdays, Robertson makes the trip to his job at Schain Mold & Engineering, where he operates an injection-molding machine. But instead of needing five hours of walking and bus riding to get there, he can get to work by car swiftly.

"His attendance has never faltered, not one day," plant manager Todd Wilson said recently. "That money, none of it changed him one bit. James is still one of the most loving, caring people I know."

___

Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »
For otter
From a glass half full person like me people I can love.

http://s20.postimg.org/7a2nkyw6j/good_world_1.jpg
http://s20.postimg.org/l2h2glmy3/good_world.jpg
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:54:46 pm by ArMaP »
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

space otter

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2016, 06:08:08 pm »

oh Dyna..huge hugs...you made me tear up...it's been happenin a lot lately when  kindness and love jump out of the doom and gloom stuff
so THANK YOU

and the glass half full half empty thing.. just a matter of prospective...
it's always at half..just depends if you are looking down or up

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]