collapse

Author Topic: Of Spooks and Leaks - Discussion Thread  (Read 17626 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Of Spooks and Leaks - Discussion Thread
« on: June 30, 2013, 03:29:40 pm »
Of Spooks and Leaks - Must see thread

Discussion Thread

Thread is Here

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
Re: Of Spooks and Leaks - Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:37:33 pm »
Wayne Madsen had to leave the US. They had a hit out on him.

So, now, were beginning to see why those transatlantic deep sea data cables were chopped.

It's beginning to look a lot like the house a secret cards are crumbling.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:41:29 pm »
Gigas,

Where do you source that from?

What is another unusual tidbit, the original story is still
on Privacy Surgeon for the moment, with the orginal
author Simon Davies.

But stragely they are pointing to the new article
that is in The Gaurdian, and The Observer, and it
is NOT the same. Curious and curiouser.

Following a rather turbulent sequence of events in the reporting of this blog by the Observer and Guardian newspapers, coverage can now be found in the Guardian story here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/30/nsa-spying-europe-claims-us-eu-trade
http://www.privacysurgeon.org/blog/incision/former-nsa-contractor-warns-of-murky-interception-arrangements/

Here, Forbes has an interesting take on the entire story.

It looks like The Guardian/Observer*has managed to get itself mightily stung over a revelation about PRISM and the NSA. Which is all very amusing given the paper’s part in the Glenn Greenwald/Edward Snowden revelations. But what turns it into an absolute joy is that, while the news originally came from someone with, hmm, rather “out there” views, the actual information itself seems to be roughly true. And yet they’ve still taken the piece down.

The story starts here, at a site called The Privacy Surgeon. The site does an interview with an ex-NSA guy called Wayne Madsen. In which he claims that there are various European and other countries that cooperate with the NSA in the collection and then dissemination of information picked up from the monitoring of communications.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/30/the-absolute-joy-of-the-guardians-sting-over-prism-and-the-nsa/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:46:05 pm by burntheships »
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

sky otter

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »
from the huff post link you sited

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/army-blocks-the-guardian_n_3515374.html

UPDATE: US News and World Report's Steven Nelson wrote Friday that the Army's ban on NSA stories was a much broader one than initially thought:

"According to [Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Damien] Pickart, news websites that re-report information first published by The Guardian or other primary sources are also affected.

"If that particular website runs an article that our filters determine has classified information... the particular content on that website will remain inaccessible," he said.

Pickart said the blackout affects "millions" of computers on "all Department of Defense networks and systems."

Read the full report here
 http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/06/28/blackout-defense-department-blocks-all-articles-about-nsa-leaks-from-millions-of-computers

Washington Whispers
Blackout: Defense Department Blocks All Articles About NSA Leaks From 'Millions' of Computers
By Steven Nelson

June 28, 2013 RSS Feed Print
Washington Whispers
Blackout: Defense Department Blocks All Articles About NSA Leaks From 'Millions' of Computers
By Steven Nelson

June 28, 2013 RSS Feed Print  Comment (
) inShare.6   
The Defense Department's news blackout affects millions of computers around the world.
The Department of Defense is blocking online access to news reports about classified National Security Agency documents made public by Edward Snowden. The blackout affects all of the department's computers and is part of a department-wide directive.

"Any website that runs information that the Department of Defense still considers classified" is affected, Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Damien Pickart told U.S. News in a phone interview.

According to Pickart, news websites that re-report information first published by The Guardian or other primary sources are also affected.

[BROWSE: Editorial Cartoons About the NSA Surveillance Scandal]

"If that particular website runs an article that our filters determine has classified information... the particular content on that website will remain inaccessible," he said.

Pickart said the blackout affects "millions" of computers on "all Department of Defense networks and systems."

The spokesman told U.S. News that original reports about the leaks may be specifically targeted for the blackout. He admitted that "automated filters are never perfect," and some reports may slip through the cyber blockade.

well Z..watch out....guess we ought to do some savin of our own, huh? ;)

http://www.privacysurgeon.org/blog/incision/former-nsa-contractor-warns-of-murky-interception-arrangements/

before

http://www.intrepidreport.com/archives/9956

The National Security Agency: A global superpower
By Wayne Madsen
Posted on June 19, 2013
by Wayne Madsen
Recent revelations that the U.S. National Security Agency is conducting massive meta-data vacuuming of the phone calls and Internet transactions of tens of millions of Americans and, perhaps, billions of people around the world, with little or no effective oversight by President Obama, the U.S. Congress, or the federal court system means that the intelligence agency has become, in its own right, a global superpower.

NSA acts like a virtual “state within a state.” The director of NSA, a four-star flag officer, also wears the hat of Commander of the U.S. Cyber Command, the chief cyber-warfare echelon within the Department of Defense. Just as any nation-state, NSA also has alliances with similar signals intelligence and cyber-warfare agencies around the world, including Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), Australia’s Defense Signals Directorate (DSD), Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC), and the Government Communications Security Board (GCSB) of New Zealand. These English-speaking partners are known as the “Five Eyes” countries and the signals intelligence alliance began after World War II and grew in scope during the Cold War.

NSA also has “third party” intelligence sharing agreements with a number
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:52:39 pm by sky otter »

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 06:33:19 pm »
This "spooks and leaks" simply gives us more insight into just how really bad things have become and are becoming for this country.

Isn't it quite apparent that the U.S. government, and the governments of the world, are performing as if they were playing a video game, with an almost "Bud Abbott and Lou Costello" approach to trying to manage their responsibilities? That would be a "dummer esel" approach (German)!

It is just one stupid thing after another that keeps "rising to the top", and stupid is as stupid does. When world leaders present themselves as being stupid and unqualified for the task, then it just becomes a matter of what leader/country will be the first to "step-up" and initiate actions to seize control of the moment - ie Hitler for example.

Russia and China both seem to be moving in that direction - and with that thought, they might could bring themselves to join together, to take over completely. Right now, only the little countries with their "hands out" will even give the U.S. the "time-of-day. Our friendly countries are becoming fewer and fewer, so, when push come to shove, the U.S. may be left out in the cold (assuming that global warming stops!) :)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 07:21:51 pm »
The blackout in the military: Divide and Conquer, baby.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »
I really don't see what the big deal is. So they try to block classified data on DoD computers? So what else is new? Do you think that all this commotion about the NSA and spying and data mining of other countries is new? I wouldn't put it pass them to orchestrate this whole mess just so they can generate more info and money for the intel community through 'reform'!

Btw. On my DOE computer I can't access YouTube, Facebook, GLP or any conspiracy sites! But I can still access Pegasus! I guess they like the site cause cyber security hasn't  blocked me. Yet! Whoo Hoo!
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »
Gigas,

Where do you source that from

That comes straight from Wayne Madden himself. He left the country from death threats.

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »
That comes straight from Wayne Madden himself.

Dont doubt it at all. Look at Michael Hastings, dead in a suspicious
one car accident at 4:00 am, his car exploded and his body burnt beyond
recognition.

Here is Edward Snowdens Twitter, let me say there is
confirmation on there of many things, he also says
that the Gaurdian removed Madsens story out of fear.

https://twitter.com/EJosephSnowden

"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
Wayne Madsen has inside sources and he was a Washington insider till they told him they were going to get him

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 12:16:27 am »
Somethings not quite right - but I don't know what it is.

I've just been to Snowdens Twitter page - sure has lots of time to tweet it seems, and now he's a boinafide conspiracy theorist too - not to mention quoting HP lovecraft..

I wanna see him in flesh. I just requested an update on his travel plans - because oddly, he's not tweeted about his own personal circumstances just yet.

I feel like much of this has been blown up on a public stage - I'm sure our handlers are cooking something far more sinister behind closed doors.
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 02:23:13 am »
I really don't see what the big deal is.

Well the 'big deal' is this.. we have been showing their spying operations on "We the Peeps.." for years  but no one ever cared... then suddenly one guy comes along and POW  Its instantly viral

So seems to me that it is a planned operation ;)

So they try to block classified data on DoD computers? So what else is new? Do you think that all this commotion about the NSA and spying and data mining of other countries is new?

No its old news... just read Pegasus pages by Jack Arneson... who BTW kinda gave up because no one cared ;)

I wouldn't put it pass them to orchestrate this whole mess just so they can generate more info and money for the intel community through 'reform'!

SHHHHH don't give away the secret....

Btw. On my DOE computer...

Hmmm thought you were retired :P Why do you still have a DoD computer?  :o  ::)

I can't access YouTube, Facebook, GLP or any conspiracy sites! But I can still access Pegasus! I guess they like the site cause cyber security hasn't  blocked me. Yet! Whoo Hoo!

Well if they blocked us their advertisements wouldn't be seen, now would they?

8)

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 02:45:56 am »
Not DoD, I said DoE!... Retired? I wish!
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 03:25:11 am »
Ah; hence the reason why there was no response to my duplicate thread.  My apologies, Zorgon.

On topic, however, it is becoming increasingly clear that a means of implementing some form of restraint in certain official quarters, urgently needs to be found.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:34:49 am by petrus4 »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 05:24:40 am »
Here is the Alex Jones interview with Wayne Madsen & Alex explaining about the Google cache disappearing
along with the Guardian article that started the back peddling.
And as for Madsen having "out there views" there not too far off the mark,example 911 inside job
most of us except that may be the case and Obama maybe being Gay,well there may be some truth to that too we saw how the 2 homosexuals were killed that were linked to the same church Obama attended & there is more. I don't think its so "out There"
[youtube]4q9B6j3owcM#[/youtube]

Also BTS Madsen says what Gigas states about the transatlantic cable being cut in Cornwall that used to hoover up all the data so there is ya info pal.
WELL WORTH VIEWING.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:31:00 am by stealthyaroura »
Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter