collapse

Author Topic: Help for technical issues on your PC  (Read 114297 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: Help for technical issues on your PC
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »
OK i was wrong. The big download button at the top is not it.

it's a teeny little blue link in the lower left that starts the download -

http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

(you can run it from here using the above link)

Ahhh!  That's better!  We'll get there!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 06:22:04 pm »
is it Just with youtube video on this forum, or other places been about the same???

Any site that uses a Flash element.  I had another site I would go to but when I got the virus, I discovered that My computer would begin to choke when I visited - and not stop the behavior until I rebooted.  Whether I closed the tab or not.  If I visit YT, it does it.  If I watch from here it does it.  Any Flash element.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »
Ok.  Frustration mounts.  Got this error trying to install:

ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 7C809E8A.  READ OF ADDRESS E407551F

[sigh] Now what?

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »
Any site that uses a Flash element.  I had another site I would go to but when I got the virus, I discovered that My computer would begin to choke when I visited - and not stop the behavior until I rebooted.  Whether I closed the tab or not.  If I visit YT, it does it.  If I watch from here it does it.  Any Flash element.

Greetings:

The software we sent you should identify and eliminate any virus without an upgrade.

Your computer:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

76477-OEM-0011903-0011

Tosiba Satellite
Intel(R) Pentium(R)M
Processor 1.86 GH
782 MHZ 0.99 GB of RAM

We suspect that your PC is suffering from lack of horsepower, not a virus.

Although, we question the 0.99 GB RAM.

Please provide more info, like a serial number...

We are here to help.

tfw

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 06:39:08 pm »
you know the name of virus???
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 06:47:18 pm »
Ok.  Frustration mounts.  Got this error trying to install:

ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 7C809E8A.  READ OF ADDRESS E407551F

[sigh] Now what?
for first times, try this http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable perhaps, it'd be helpful.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 07:11:55 pm »
Greetings:

The software we sent you should identify and eliminate any virus without an upgrade.

Your computer:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

76477-OEM-0011903-0011

Tosiba Satellite
Intel(R) Pentium(R)M
Processor 1.86 GH
782 MHZ 0.99 GB of RAM

Although, we question the 0.99 GB RAM.

Please provide more info, like a serial number...

We are here to help.

tfw

If You sent Me something, Thor, I didn't get it.  You had Me DL avinstall.exe - PC Tools Installer for AntiVirus Free.  That is the one that finds something called "Flash" that is a medium risk, but won't let Me remove it without an upgrade.

you know the name of virus???

Says, "Flash" on the AV scanner I got (see answer to Thor).

for first times, try this http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable perhaps, it'd be helpful.

Will that work for Chrome?

Offline taintedsample

• Regular Members
  • Gold 1
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »
Hey!
I use linux mint for my OS. I highly recommend you give it a try. Do you have a spare 2 Gigabyte USB drive? If so then check this out:
www.pendrivelinux.com

You can download and install linux to a USB disk, then boot to that USB operating system. It only borrows your machines hardware and works like a champ and is relatively virus free and includes many built in programs from office to photoshop like tools. This is especially helpful to those that wish to keep their computers on their keychain. Literally.

If you are running windows and having troubles I recommend you download update and run malwarebytes (Malwarebytes.org)
Cheers!

TaintedSample

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:52 pm »
Hey!
I use linux mint for my OS. I highly recommend you give it a try. Do you have a spare 2 Gigabyte USB drive? If so then check this out:
www.pendrivelinux.com

You can download and install linux to a USB disk, then boot to that USB operating system. It only borrows your machines hardware and works like a champ and is relatively virus free and includes many built in programs from office to photoshop like tools. This is especially helpful to those that wish to keep their computers on their keychain. Literally.

If you are running windows and having troubles I recommend you download update and run malwarebytes (Malwarebytes.org)
Cheers!

TaintedSample

Thank You for that.  I will tackle it in the morning.  I'm beat, tonight.  Will be reading and stuff, but just not up to handling any more messing with the problem tonight.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »

Malwarebytes rocks.

I recommend for all.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 08:06:07 pm »
Brilliant!  Thanks to the both of You.  I will take that as a good sign that two of You recommend Malwarebytes!

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:08 am »
If You sent Me something, Thor, I didn't get it.  You had Me DL avinstall.exe - PC Tools Installer for AntiVirus Free.  That is the one that finds something called "Flash" that is a medium risk, but won't let Me remove it without an upgrade.

Says, "Flash" on the AV scanner I got (see answer to Thor).

Will that work for Chrome?
4 chrome browser(?) -- no, but it'd be nice 4 ye ;) it's autonomous firefox, all-inclusive  :)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »
Greetings:

My bad... we did not 'send' you anything - we gave you the link to PC TOOLS.

This is what you installed:

Basic FREE antivirus protection against known viruses and malware.

With PC Tools AntiVirus Free, you are protected against basic cyber threats attempting to gain access to your PC.

If your PC gets infected, viruses may attempt to spread to your friends, family and associates by accessing your email contacts and other PCs within your network. A computer virus may also create a backdoor that allows hackers to access files on your PC, launch attacks against other computers or websites, or send SPAM email.

Downloading PC Tools AntiVirus Free provides basic antivirus and antispyware protection, with Smart Updates to keep your PC safe, File Guard™ to provide real-time protection and Email Guard to protect your computer from viruses and spyware being sent over email. PC Tools AntiVirus Free was created by the makers of award-winning Spyware Doctor, a highly trusted product used by millions worldwide.

Perhaps the AV scanner is indicating the 'weakest link' in your system through which your computer may be attacked, or you may have a compromised computer.

Regardless, the program should not hold you hostage requiring a tribute to eradicate the scum.

Off with their heads!

Can you send me a screen shot of that warning?

Time to fish or cut bait...

If you find anything, please take a screenshot of the problem before you hit ‘FIX,’ please, and post it here.

Please DOWNLOAD and INSTALL this:

Comodo Cleaning Essentials

and this:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free 1.51

and this:

Norton Power Eraser

and this:

Norman Malware Cleaner 2.1

And finally, this:

AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012

I have the full, paid-for AVG PC version here somewhere - never used - will find it for you.

Peace Love Light
tfw
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 11:14:35 am »
For instance, Amaterasu for one can not watch the youtube videos we often place in our posts for fear the Flash plugin will start, which causes her PC to freeze up.

I believe Amaterasu is using Chrome so not sure on the fix for that one BUT

Firefox being in a battle with the other browsers has been updating almost weekly.  I started having lock up issues on my computer which has 3gigs qaud processing and 3 gigs memory...

I traced the issue to Firefox plugin container that was using 100% of memory when ever it loaded the Adobe flash plug ins

There were also other Java issues that I listed in another thread already

I solved the problem by reloading Firefox 6.02  The last version that worked flawlessly and everything worked since (it just uses the old plugins that were already there)

I also tuned off auto updates in FF and Adobe and have had NO problems since. I am sure there are similar options in the other browsers. I would monitor the task manager to see what program is using that memory that causes the lock up. You can also check windows error logs to see which program cause the lockup

A) Go to one of the various websites that allows you to download youtube videos by entering in the URL of the video you want, and then you can watch them from your own hard drive. (These sites make also invoke flash though, not sure.)

You can locate the URL of a video in a post by clicking QUOTE on that post, and you will see the video code displayed.

Video Download Helper
http://www.downloadhelper.net/

This has a plugin for Firefox and Chrome and can be stand alone.  You get a little Icon to the left of the youtube title. Simply click on it and it will download the video to a default directory at a very fast speed, NOT dependant on your internet speed alone

For playback VLC Viewer can be set to default view ALL formats including flash

VLC media player Official Site

Both these programs are FREE and work flaelessly for me

B) We find and use an FTP site to share videos, again being able to watch them from your hard drive.

We can do that here, but we need to figure out the copyright issues first

I am confident we have enough savvy members here to overcome any obstacle a member may be having.

There is also THIS thread

Computer Health Tips
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=736.0

But hey don't listen to me  What the heck do I know? P

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:19:08 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:37 am »

horse Power can be important BUT a browser and flash plugins should NOT be using 100% of your memory  EVER.

You can use task manager and watch the 'processes' tab and it will show you which program is using that memory. If it is Flash related it will be a plugin container function

JAVA also is a problem with the newer versions. KEYLOGGERS hide in your JAVA internet history and JAVA temp files are NOT automatically cleaned by most cleaners.  I cleared mine manually and turned off "Save temp files" in the JAVA consol

Keyloggers will attach themselves to your logins to sites and make you think the site you are visiting is sending you malware, ads or viruses but in reality it is piggybacking on your browser and recording your logins

HiJack This (not to be used by amateurs is one I recommend you ALL download.  Then you run a scan and post the results  DO NOT push any other buttons on it until you know what to do :P

But a HiJack This log will tell you (and any tech... there are several free HiJack This help forums out there) what is running on your computer and what you should turn off

Here is a sample log I just ran on my PC right now

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 11:29:36 AM, on 5/30/2012
Platform: Windows Vista  (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18904)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HiJackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Advanced SystemCare 5] "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe" /AutoStart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgpp.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\Skype4COM.dll
O23 - Service: Advanced SystemCare Service 5 (AdvancedSystemCareService5) - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCService.exe
O23 - Service: AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avgwd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: IMF Service (IMFservice) - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMFsrv.exe
O23 - Service: lxcz_device -   - C:\Windows\system32\lxczcoms.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Skype Updater (SkypeUpdate) - Skype Technologies - C:\Program Files\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 2494 bytes

If you notice  the04 group  those are the only programs running in my tray  All of them are for protection save skype which runs in background

018 group active link scanning by AVG and Skype waiting for calls

023 are services running in background  Again just protection ones and needed drivers though I did see the last Skype updates added an auto update I will have to turn off :P

O23 - Service: Skype Updater (SkypeUpdate) - Skype Technologies - C:\Program Files\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe

That is all  That is a clean machine report

Under Processes running... 

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HiJackThis.exe

you will see that any REAL program will identify itself ie. Zone Alarm, AVG, IOBIT etc so you can see at a glance it should be there

Windows processes like taskeng and explorer are obvious but what if you don't recognize one like C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

So  take the file name...

unsecapp.exe

and past into google search...  you will find many listings for any file by computer geeks :D

The first one that pops up...

What is unsecapp.exe doing on my computer?
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/unsecapp/25780/

unsecapp.exe is a process found on Microsoft Windows server and workstation suites which offers support towards compatibility issues.

Please see the website below for more information: http://msdn.Microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/iwbemunsecuredapartment_createsinkstub.asp

This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

So there you go  DON'T TOUCH IT :P

Sometimes viruses use same name as a legit process. In that case the geeks will tell you that the phoney one will be in a different location, not the legit location

I will have to add these posts to my Computer Health Thread that you all have read by now :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter