collapse

Author Topic: are we doomed?  (Read 9211 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: are we doomed?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 07:02:11 am »
Really ArMaP?
Yes, the really poor.

Here in Brazil, for example, almost 100% of the people have televisions as you can see in this study made by the IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics):

I can see that they also have freezers, something those I see as the really poor do not have.

Dont you think people enjoy having sex?
I do, obviously, but that's not the same as having sex for entertainment.

Offline Norval

• Gold 161
  • hmmmm what should go here? Ahh, a question!
    • Crater Chains Research
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 08:16:51 am »
Are we Doomed?

There are many that think that soon over 2/3rds of surface dwellers will soon die.

First world countries may have only a tenth left remaining alive.

But, that is just what some thin and believe.  ???
It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
 What will you know tomorrow? Have a question?
Send me an email at craterchains@yahoo.com

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:38 am »
Yes, the really poor.

No.. you wrong!

Most of those you calling really poor have a TV (+-70%) . Of course, some of them, dont! But not everyone that are really rich, have ferraris. (not comparing, just saying...)

I can see that they also have freezers, something those I see as the really poor do not have.

And even tho.. they have a TV. More than freezers. Is not that kinda of funny?

Do you think a TV have the same importance of freezers?  As i said before, people may dont have what to eat, but they will have that box in some corner where they live.

It's a matter of indoctrination promoted by a culture of almost all countries that use this artifice to create a caricature of society. This same caricature that helps them maintain power and, in a way, the order.

I do, obviously, but that's not the same as having sex for entertainment.

Well, let me quote your talk with Amaterasu:

Depends where You are, ArMaP.  And without TV...sex is all that's left for entertainment.

That may be true, but I don't know anyone that considers (publicly) having sex as entertainment, although I have known several people that considered sex as a duty while married, by religious or cultural reasons.

Well im not one of those really really poor, but i do sex for entertainment (even having lots of options for it). And guess what... its amazing entertaining. Most of people i know do sex for pleasure (Its really a relief they dont do it just for duty or (ugh) religious or cultural), they enjoy it. Its ENTERTAINING. Way better than watch TV.

So there it is.. Now you know at least one person that, publicly, considers have sex as a very entetaining activity. I also feel that reading thought provoking books, do sports and talk with my wife for example,  very entertaining.

But hey... you know that some kinds of populist governments, love that poor people make lots and lots of more poor people. As long as they watch TV (especially at election times) and accept some food in exchange of a vote. (Im being minimalist here)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:27:59 am by RUSSO »
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 12:08:31 pm »
It shouldn't.

Here in the US, One can buy old TV's for next to nothing in places like the Salvation Army.  TV's are ubiquitous.  Sure, the poor in Africa likely have no TV.  But here in the US, most DO have one.

That may be true, but I don't know anyone that considers (publicly) having sex as entertainment, although I have known several people that considered sex as a duty while married, by religious or cultural reasons.

I did not say anything about PUBLIC sex.  I said sex as entertainment.  As something to do when bored because One cannot afford to go do what One REALLY wants to do.

PS: there's still the doubt about poor people feeling the need for entertainment, as that may be not really in their minds.

ALL People seek something to entertain (occupy) Themselves with when bored.  When what They want to do is out of reach.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:23 pm »
Considering the strike out history of apocalyptic prophecy, count me in on the "not doomed" crew.

That being said, I have a fully stocked pantry, 1 weeks worth fresh water, and ammo.  Cuz,  you know.  "Ship happens."
Time is the fire in which we burn.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 02:03:55 pm »
Are we Doomed?

There are many that think that soon over 2/3rds of surface dwellers will soon die.

First world countries may have only a tenth left remaining alive.

But, that is just what some thin and believe.  ???

Indeed, there are always those among us stating the end is near; in my recent scope of things I have survived the cold war, Y2K, and 2012...

but I can see the itch on you, Norval, so do lay it out for us if you please, kind sir...

@Wartoad: a well stocked pantry, deep rock well, generator, along with sufficient defensive accessories are always to hand; things do happen, 'tis better to have it and not need it...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 02:19:34 pm »
No.. you wrong!
It's possible, it has happened before. :D

But I think it's more a question of definitions (again) of some words, like "poor" and "entertainment".

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 02:20:58 pm »
I did not say anything about PUBLIC sex.  I said sex as entertainment.
Neither did I.

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 05:29:53 pm »
bumped

..for reading over breakfast 8)

sounds fascinating, thanx Sky, you're a dear (sorry, an otter)
LOL sorry keyboard dying, too many typo's...........
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:32:06 pm by PlaysWithMachines »

deuem

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 05:46:45 pm »
Sex from being bored. For me, almost never. Being cold, yes. Sweating to death, No! No electricity or lights, Yes. That seems to be a number one thing here. No heat and no lights puts people to bed early. Once in touch with each other things happen. With no electricity , no TV and they make their own fun and many babies.

Once electricity is put in a home the first thing after a light bulb is a TV. I see this first hand all the time. I also see the very poor people gathered around stores that have a TV outside. They flock to it, to see what is going on in the world. Many families gather funds to buy one. Even an entire village would get together at first and put one in a meeting place. I know see so many TV dishes on top of homes in the poor villages it is hard to count.

So after sex in the dark comes the TV and a quick smoke for entertainment. I would say that TV might even cut into the sex in poor areas as being more entertaining and lest costly in the long run. [feeding babies] If you put a TV in front of a Dolphin they will watch it. Flipper used to watch all of his own shows and know when he was on screen. So for a least a 1/2 hour sex is in second place.

So when the big Doom comes and the electricity is gone, our spouces will take the role of entertainment once again. Mankind must have entertainment or he/she goes crazy.

Deuem

ps, honey I forgot to pay the electric bill and it is going to be real cold and dark tonight.

Offline Norval

• Gold 161
  • hmmmm what should go here? Ahh, a question!
    • Crater Chains Research
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 08:46:48 pm »
Nope, not itching to tell what I have learned at all. Uh uhhhh, nope, so quit askin, not tellen, nope, talk to da hand, yah talkin to me, did I say that out loud?

There are many that stock up to a years emergency supply of food. They are called Mormons. Well, mostly. Maybe a few other uhmmm, names, titles.

Most in the world today agree and feel that we are indeed in very trying and difficult times, , quite possibly on the slippery slope of Armageddon it's self. So some think. Yet it is true that most in the world today think we are on the brink of destruction so to speak.

Personally? Me? Yeppers I do think the poop is gonna hit the fan any day now. , , , , and I have been watching it get nearer and nearer the fan for a few decades.

Gold to Deum for the cold night, , , , LOL
(I think the circuit breaker blew on the heater again sweety, , , , , , , ,)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:48:24 pm by Norval »
It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
 What will you know tomorrow? Have a question?
Send me an email at craterchains@yahoo.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]