collapse

Author Topic: The electricity inside your body  (Read 2549 times)

sky otter

The electricity inside your body
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:22:46 pm »

Body shock: The electricity inside your body

Perplexing and – as yet – unexplained electrical effects found in mammals could offer clues to diseases that kill millions of people every year.

There could be something shocking going on in our bodies.  Well, perplexing at least. A team of mechanical engineers has found that the tough, flexible tissue that makes up blood vessels has surprising electrical properties – at least in pigs.

What this could possibly mean for us, I will come to later. But the reason this result is surprising is that the property in question – what scientists call ferroelectricity – is usually found in artificial crystals and synthetic materials  used for TVs, displays, computer memory and sensors.

Ferroelectricity is rather like an electrical equivalent of magnetism. In a ferroelectric substance, one side of the material has a positive electrical charge and the other a negative charge, created through an uneven distribution of electrical charges in its constituent atoms or molecules. Just as a magnetic field can make a compass needle change direction, so an electric field can pull all the little electrical charges into a different alignment, switching the charge in the opposite direction.

entire artcle here and wroth reading

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120302-body-shock-the-energy-inside

8)

sky otter

Re: The electricity inside your body
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:58:00 am »
 :(

well i was hoping for a comment from anyone on this..sigh

i think they (with this article and other studies) are just proving why energy healing works...
amoung other things
can't you being yourself to an awareness of what's around you and affecting you?
most have closed off their REAL senses  and are numb to what is all around us

but just because you have dummed down your ability to feel and read these things
doesn't mean they don't affect you..

sigh

not giving up..but sadly walking away

:-\
 :(

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:08:00 am »
 ;D

I'm of the belief now that it does not have anything to do with Energy.  Kinda why I have come to the Belief that some practices interface with Geometry and others don't. 

I found this cool book tonight which cannot be found unless one finds big bucks mate ;)

The Selected Chinese Historic Records of Somatic Science: Volume I (Chinese Edition) 

http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Chinese-Historic-Records-Somatic/dp/1583482636/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331139946&sr=1-1

The Selected Chinese Historic Records of Somatic Science: Volume II (Chinese Edition)

http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Chinese-Historic-Records-Somatic/dp/1583482806/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331139946&sr=1-2

Read This Description  8)

All historic literatures are total records of the practice of whole human society in past time. Among them, there are many records of obvious or latent scientific activity. In this book, the author gave plentiful application of Ancient Experiment Science (AES) in present time, such as in radio astronomy, seismology and natural disasters, geohydrology, climatology & phenology, metallurgy & casting, and especially in somatic science. He found that: almost every sort of Psi functions which are described in modern reports, you can find out their analogical cases in Chinese historic records during past 4500 years.

:D

sky otter

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:15 am »
 He found that: almost every sort of Psi functions which are described in modern reports, you can find out their analogical cases in Chinese historic records during past 4500 years.

Analogy (from Greek ???????? – analogia, "proportion") is a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target),
and a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process.
 In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from one particular to another particular, as opposed to deduction, induction, and abduction, where at least one of the premises or the conclusion is general. The word analogy can also refer to the relation between the source and the target themselves, which is often, though not necessarily, a similarity, as in the biological notion of analogy.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:12:48 am by sky otter »

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:04 am »
Yeah something like that I guess :D    :o ;D

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:26:27 am »
Could the OP please define...ELECTRICITY.
hobbit

sky otter

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 11:37:51 am »
sorry Hobbit..i thought the article did..but if you couldn't get it i copied it here
hope this helps as they are speaking of two types
-> what scientists call ferroelectricity
-> Bone, for example, is piezoelectric

i guess what i was trying to express is that with recognition of our abilities these electrical properties can be used to benefit our communication with things not on the physical vision range
such as healing 'energy' and knowing of 'stuff' (poor term..sorry) from the rocks and trees and other living organisms
i see to be having a prob with clarity in my written word..so if i am still blurry..please comment

There could be something shocking going on in our bodies.  Well, perplexing at least. A team of mechanical engineers has found that the tough, flexible tissue that makes up blood vessels has surprising electrical properties – at least in pigs.

What this could possibly mean for us, I will come to later. But the reason this result is surprising is that the property in question – what scientists call ferroelectricity – is usually found in artificial crystals and synthetic materials  used for TVs, displays, computer memory and sensors.

Ferroelectricity is rather like an electrical equivalent of magnetism. In a ferroelectric substance, one side of the material has a positive electrical charge and the other a negative charge, created through an uneven distribution of electrical charges in its constituent atoms or molecules. Just as a magnetic field can make a compass needle change direction, so an electric field can pull all the little electrical charges into a different alignment, switching the charge in the opposite direction.

This “switchability” is what makes these ferroelectric crystals highly sought after for the likes of liquid-crystal displays. The researchers who discovered this strange effect - Yuanming Liu and colleagues at the University of Washington, Seattle and the University of Boston - usually work on synthetic materials like these to build energy harvesting and storage devices.  But Liu knew that other unexpected electrical phenomena had been found in bone and other biological substances. And ferroelectricity was reported last year in the hard mineral coating of seashell. Li wondered whether soft biological tissues like blood vessels might show the effect too.

Shot to the heart

He and his colleagues took a thin slice of the main artery transporting blood from the heart, called the aorta, and placed it in a special microscope containing a sensitive needle tip. The tip detected the tell-tale signal associated with ferroelectricity, and what is more, they found that they could switch this polarization with an electric field.

Why on earth should any animal tissue be ferroelectric? Well, as I mentioned, the living world does make use of some unexpected material properties. Bone, for example, is piezoelectric, which as it happens is another useful kind of behaviour we rely on for everyday technologies. It is exploited, for instance, in pressure and vibration sensors like those in your computer keyboard, because piezoelectric materials produce an electrical charge when pressure is applied to it. It seems that bony creatures use this principle too: the electrical response to squeezing of bone helps tissues gauge the forces they experience. In seashells, meanwhile, piezoelectricity helps prevent cracks and fractures by dissipating the energy of a shock impact as electricity.

OK – but ferroelectricity? Who needs that? Engineers Bin Chen and Huajian Gao have speculated that the property might provide another way for the tissue to register forces, and perhaps monitor blood pressure. Or perhaps the property could sense blood temperature (because ferroelectricity is temperature-sensitive), or, as in seashells, disperse mechanical energy and prevent damage. Or maybe it could even act as a sort of “tissue memory” in conjunction with nerves. Liu, meanwhile, speculates that ferroelectricity switching might alter the way cholesterol, sugars or fats stick to and harden blood vessels.

Notice, though, how these researchers have no sooner identified a new characteristic of a living organism than they start to wonder what it is for. The assumption is that there must be some purpose: that evolution has selected the property because it confers some survival benefit. In other words, the property is assumed to be adaptive. This is a good position to start from, because most material properties of tissues are indeed adaptive, from the flexibility of skin to the transparency of the eye’s cornea. But it is possible that ferroelectricity could be just a side-effect of some other adaptive function of the tissue – a result of the way the molecules just happen to be arranged, which, if it does not interfere with other functions, will go unnoticed by evolution. Not every aspect of biology has a “purpose”.

All the same, tissue ferroelectricity could be handy. If Liu is right to suspect that ferroelectricity can influence the way blood vessels take up fats, sugars or lipids, then switching it with an applied electric field might help to combat cardiovascular conditions that result from build-up, such as thrombosis and atherosclerosis. If true, then what seems like an esoteric phenomenon could help tackle conditions that kill millions of people worldwide every year.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:41:47 am by sky otter »

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:14 am »
Join the club who have difficulty verbalising something that is presently not recognised.
I am a past master of this.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/daily-tpod/
Thats a carved stone ,that imho shows the serpents that are what this thread is all about.
The one depicted is a God of the rods...so am I
A little hobbit.
Electricity is the omni present creative force of universe.
A neutral carrier surrounded by opposite spin serpents...or charge.

YOU are those serpents in 4D.
Your body is in 3D
Your body is a mere vehicle.
hobbit

sky otter

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:23:41 pm »
ah Hobbit
does our club have a name ;) ;D

what you call serpent i prefer to call dragon..it feels more authentic to me
and
if we would only take a deep breath and recognize our own knowledge and power
it would be so much better..imo

i am very fortunate in having a hubby with a backhoe..and woods and creeks to move things from
if a large stone speaks to me..via touch...i ask it to come live in the vicinity of my dwelling
some have..some have other objectives...
the world is sooooooooooooooooooo much more
but
my meat suit is the only anchor in 3D...
 ;D

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]