collapse

Author Topic: VINDICATION!!!  (Read 36909 times)

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
Re: VINDICATION!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:28 pm »
I must admit, I keep my interest in all of this completely off the record in my professional life.  Some people don't like it and think I'm not standing up for the cause.  However, aside from in the workplace, if a political opponent got hold of this, it could get awkward.  :o

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 05:04:13 pm »
well either, really... :-\
Then you are not paying attention. :)

I have started a database for each mission that has images on the Planetary Data System, and my only two missions (at the time) are Clementine (that is a closed mission, with no expected updates) and LROC, with many updates still to come.

The Clementine database has 1,900,483 photos (no, zorgon, that's not a mistake), most at something like 100 metres per pixel, the LROC database  has 503,207 images, most at 60 cm per pixel.

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 05:17:22 pm »
The Clementine database has 1,900,483 photos (no, zorgon, that's not a mistake), most at something like 100 metres per pixel, the LROC database  has 503,207 images, most at 60 cm per pixel.
:o
That's a lot of data!  How much server space do you need for the clementine images?

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 05:42:31 pm »
:o
That's a lot of data!  How much server space do you need for the clementine images?

At 1-2 Gigs each, anywhere between 1900 Terabytes and 3800 Terabytes.  :o
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

sky otter

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
 :P

Then you are not paying attention

ok guys don't kick me off while i go off topic to reply to this..pleaseeeeeeeeeee

ArMap
first off i do not have sufficient computer  tech-i-ness to  save / move  / capture / enlarge or otherwise  play with any of these shots from space......i am totally limited to viewing whatever in the hell someone else posts..be it nasa or you guys..
i have not been to the other so-called conspiracy forums but came here thur biggs and  a few conversations with Z at a more peaceful place
that is just a clarification fyi

i am not worried about proving this stuff.. because basically..what the f is the point  ?
we know the gov(s)  are a lying bunch of slaves to others so what else could you expect
but in your face teasing of what is
i am also not interested in any ego fights..i know who i am and so far am not interested in any other opinion of me..but i will clarify my point or opinion as nicely as possible just so you know who i am too... ;)

i do a enjoy a good search and that is where i mostly stay..in the searching...i really am good at research even without a computer system.. :D
what i have found here (this forum) is a bunch of intellegent folk with a self appointed task of diggin up  as much as they can...and sharing it
so far they have allowed me to play in their sand box..i thank them and i hope to find some crumbs now and again just for the joy of it and hopefully also a contribution

so just to sum up..don't let the little old lady tag fool you...it's only the current meat suit
hahahahahahahah

8)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »
At 1-2 Gigs each, anywhere between 1900 Terabytes and 3800 Terabytes.  :o
That's the size of the CUB mosaics made with the raw photos (the 1,900,483 photos), Clementine photos (from the Ultraviolet/Visible camera) were only 288 × 384 pixels.

All those photos are compiled into 88 CDs, available here.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:17 pm »
ArMap
first off i do not have sufficient computer  tech-i-ness to  save / move  / capture / enlarge or otherwise  play with any of these shots from space......i am totally limited to viewing whatever in the hell someone else posts..be it nasa or you guys..
There's no need for any special tech-i-ness, you just have to follow what NASA (or the ASU, in this case) says, they have been publishing the images and the data about the images ever since they started getting them.

so just to sum up..don't let the little old lady tag fool you...it's only the current meat suit
hahahahahahahah

8)
What "little old lady tag"?
(I have to make some smileys to use here :))

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »
That's the size of the CUB mosaics made with the raw photos (the 1,900,483 photos), Clementine photos (from the Ultraviolet/Visible camera) were only 288 × 384 pixels.

All those photos are compiled into 88 CDs, available here.
It's a mind boggling amount of information/data.

It brings home how important it is to make sure you know what you want to look at and why.  I just caught myself browsing around just then after following your link.  I could spend the rest of my life looking at pictures without any real sense of purpose.  Back to trying to follow the clues... 

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 03:44:51 am »
ONLY 88 cd's?   :o   LOL

So what we need is a free copy for the archives :D

My server tells me we have unlimited space but I thing 1800 terabytes would be pushing it :P

Well I need sleep  but I will leave this one as food for thought. Will post it in Mars anomalies tomorrow :D

FULL SIZE

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 11:00:58 am »

So what we need is a free copy for the archives :D

My server tells me we have unlimited space but I thing 1800 terabytes would be pushing it :P
Great minds think alike LOL.

I was thinking almost exactly the same.  When is unlimited not unlimited?  I have a feeling that might be pushing it though....

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 05:06:21 pm »
From those I have already downloaded 36, but I forgot about it for a long time. :D

That would be almost 2 petabytes, so I guess you would need something like the Petabox. :)

I remember that photo.

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:55 am »
I think ArMap should go through every LROC and Clementine image for us and post just the ones with anomalies.

You'd better get moving with this project mate - it should take you 192.6 years (I've given you a generous 10 minutes per image assuming you work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week without holidays.)

Alternatively it would take a team of 193 ArMaps less than 1 year?  What do you say ArMap?  Have you started yet?

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 05:41:36 pm »
I think ArMap should go through every LROC and Clementine image for us and post just the ones with anomalies.
First you need to tell me what do you consider an anomaly. If it's a strange rock then I guess I can post them all. :)

You'd better get moving with this project mate - it should take you 192.6 years (I've given you a generous 10 minutes per image assuming you work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week without holidays.)
You forgot that LROC images are still being produced, so we cannot know how many they will be.

Alternatively it would take a team of 193 ArMaps less than 1 year?  What do you say ArMap?  Have you started yet?
No, I let the other 192 ArMaPs (it's a capital 'P') do the work, I'm just organising things. :D

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 07:31:38 pm »
First you need to tell me what do you consider an anomaly. If it's a strange rock then I guess I can post them all. :)
Anything that is aberrant, aberrated, abnormal, exceptional, atypical, extraordinary, freaky, odd, peculiar, phenomenal, preternatural, unique or unusual.  I think you are going to need a team and there needs to be 2 people agree on it being anomalous to pass the Pegasus test.

You forgot that LROC images are still being produced, so we cannot know how many they will be.
Good point.  This could be an expensive project.  You're going to need well over 300 staff to do this and you don't even know how long you'll need them.  We need to siphon some of the NASA budget.  Do you think the big bosses will agree this is a sensible use of resources and in line with government policy?

No, I let the other 192 ArMaPs (it's a capital 'P') do the work, I'm just organising things. :D
I think I should help you out....  I'll manage the financial side of the project.  Just as a special favour to you, of course.  I've never managed a budget as big as that one would be.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 04:34:16 am »

Anything YOU consider an anomaly would be a WHOPPER :D

Ah yes and we must not forget that we can request an area to be photographed... as long as we have a good reason to look :D

Now in regards to this thread, seeing as the LRROC guy told us no, that they decided to let SETI do it, don't you all think we should make an effort to contact SETI and see if we can get in on it with them?  We have a couple really good images to send them to show we are serious.

Seems to me this would be the way to continue.

SETI already has a program....

Towards Lunar Archaeology
Dr. Alexey V. Arkhipov
Institute of Radio Astronomy, Nat. Acad. Sci. of Ukraine

Excerpt

Our Moon is a potential indicator of a possible alien presence near the Earth at some time during the past 4 billion years. To ascertain the presence of alien artifacts, a survey for ruinlike formations on the Moon has been carried out as a precursor to lunar archaeology.

Computer algorithms for semi-automatic, archaeological photo-reconnaissance are discussed. About 80,000 Clementine lunar orbital images have been processed, and a number of quasirectangular patterns found. Morphological analysis of these patterns leads to possible reconstructions of their evolution in terms of erosion. Two scenarios are considered: 1) the collapse of subsurface quasi-rectangular systems of caverns, and 2) the erosion of hills with quasi-rectangular lattices of lineaments. We also note the presence of embankment-like,
quadrangular, hollow hills with rectangular depressions nearby.. Tectonic (geologic) interpretations of these features are considered. The similarity of these patterns to terrestrial archaeological sites and proposed lunar base concepts suggest the need for further study and future in situ exploration.

"There are times when a scientist must not be afraid to make a fool of himself"
 - Arthur C. Clarke

Today, the idea of exploring the Moon for non-human artifacts is not a popular one among selenologists. Unfortunately, the detection of ET artifacts on the Moon is outside the interest of most selenologists due to their orientation towards natural formations and processes. It is also not of interest to mainstream archaeologists, as archaeology tends to adhere to a pre-Copernican geocentric point-of-view.

SOURCE: The Society for Planetary SETI Research (SPSR)

SOURCE: New Frontiers in Science, Vol. 1 No. 2, Winter 2002 PDF

SETI
On Lunar Archeology

In 1992, the Search for Alien Artifacts on the Moon (SAAM) — the first privately-organized archaeological reconnaissance of the Moon — was initiated. The justifications of lunar SETI, the wording of specific principles of lunar archaeology, and the search for promising areas on the Moon were the first stage of the project (1992-95). Preliminary results of lunar exploration6 show that the search for alien artifacts on the Moon is a promising SETI strategy, especially in the context of lunar colonization plans.

Additional reading:

Arkhipov, A.V. “Earth-Moon System as a Collector of Alien Artefacts”, J. Brit. Interplanet. Soc., 1998, 51,181-184.
Arkhipov, A.V., and Graham, F.G. “Lunar SETI: A Justification”, in The Search for Extraterrestrial
Intelligence (SETI) in the Optical Spectrum II, ed. S.A. Kingsley ? G.A. Lemarchand, SPIE Proceedings, Vol.2704, SPIE, Washington, 150-154, 1996.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]