collapse

Author Topic: Speed of Light...Infinite or Finite?  (Read 11497 times)

Offline 1967sander

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 51
    • 1967sander
Re: Speed of Light...Infinite or Finite?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 03:50:04 pm »
Light is nothing but electromagnetic energy. Electric magnetic energy is electromagnetic waves and these waves are frequencies. Frequencies can be bend by force fields like gravity. Light that travels through space is subject to the gravity of stars, galaxies, planets, moons and asteroids. Basically every object with mass has its own gravitational force. Light is therefore never at a constant speed. In fact  gravity pulls at electromagnetic and this cause the waves to stretch. By doing so the frequency of the waves or wavelength stretches and the frequency becomes lower and the waves travel slower as the path is longer.
Light speed only is constant when light is not affected by gravity. In our universe this is never the case.
Today's reality is more strange than fiction and what is fiction today could be tomorrow's reality.

Offline The Matrix Traveller

• Gold 253
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 04:01:44 pm »
Yes everything is made of LIGHT, but Light has yet to be understood on Earth !

It is by "Script" that all appears and is experienced.

Some of the Ancients referred to this Script as "The Word" whereby all things are made manifest !
(Nothing at all to do with any religion !)

Which all came from a "Geometric Algorithm" INZ

I refer to this "Algorithm" as INZ because the 1st Concept was "To & Fro"
(in the form of a Conceptual  Linear Oscillation)

The "N" was formed from "To & Fro" synchronised in both the x and y axis.

And the "Z" is a Rotation of the "N" ... The 2nd Concept was Rotation, hence the Algorithm INZ   :)

There are ONLY 2 basic building blocks ... (form)

a.    Straight,
and
b.    Curved.

All is presented through these 2

I challenge anyone to reveal any other "shape", which is neither curved, straight or made up of these 2 !
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:08:29 pm by The Matrix Traveller »

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 04:34:28 pm »
the singularity?
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 05:53:06 pm »
Only had a quick browse at this thread...Not got around to reading the thread in detail as yet..

This may have some connection or association to a TV program that I was on a week or two ago that I caught part of it...

About the theory that Speed of Light being variable...

VSL  or Variable Speed of Light....

Some Scientist came up with a theory but as yet has to try to prove it...

But it may be as good as many other similar theories that come around..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_speed_of_light

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 07:14:39 pm »
im not a math physicist but the argument is that einsteins equations are all based on absolute vacuum.if this is true then there is a high posibility of ftl.i heard this explaination a year ago on that vid that was posted somewhere on peggy.that explains why his equations are good in real life but not perfect to the nth degree.its this minor perturbation of there always being something in a vacuum.this is why i dont believe deep space has nothing in it.if a vacuum of the strongest type cant seperate a particle into electrons protons and neutrons then why should we expect it so in deep space.
deep space is hydrogen in a vacuum,giant gas molecules.with almost no motion.a grid of such.

Dumbledore

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47:04 pm »
Light is nothing but electromagnetic energy. Electric magnetic energy is electromagnetic waves and these waves are frequencies. Frequencies can be bend by force fields like gravity. Light that travels through space is subject to the gravity of stars, galaxies, planets, moons and asteroids. Basically every object with mass has its own gravitational force. Light is therefore never at a constant speed. In fact  gravity pulls at electromagnetic and this cause the waves to stretch. By doing so the frequency of the waves or wavelength stretches and the frequency becomes lower and the waves travel slower as the path is longer.
Light speed only is constant when light is not affected by gravity. In our universe this is never the case.

I agree Sander. Our observations of the universe from Hubble give corroboration to your statements.

Light being bent by gravity is what astronomers notice as gravity lensing.

It often causes multiple distorted images of the same galaxy to appear to us.

I posted several examples of this in a thread called gravity lensing here -

link to thread

I read up on this because it turns out that at times UFO's produce their own gravity lensing.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 08:40:45 pm »
i believe the tech you talk of is the same tech that can make invisibility.

Dumbledore

Offline The Matrix Traveller

• Gold 253
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 08:41:17 pm »
The "Answers" can't be found by studying the end result ! (Environment or Universe)

The Answers can only be found in the "System" which produces the "Illusion" (Experience i.e. your body
and Environment) out of "Nothing" in the 1st place.

One may well ask; HOW can something be made from "Nothing" ?

This involves "Communication", much like the case involving "1st Person Gaming Software"
but a little more sophisticated than any human design.   :)

More through the human species still needs to discovered, about "Conceptual Processing Systems",
and HOW to make practical use of them.   :)

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »
i believe the tech you talk of is the same tech that can make invisibility.

Well yes if you can bend light around yourself, then you would be invisible in certain directions, but in others you would still be exposed.

See Bob's quote in the lensing thread.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »
Has anyone ever thought about nebulosity, plasma effects and water which is throughout the universe and how it makes an anomaly such as gravitational lensing seem plausible?

A weak force such as gravity bending light to me does not make sense, but then Im no mainstream astrophysicist.

Light occurring in nebulous features and being observed through water which is supended in the plasma of space makes much more sense to me, perhaps I am wrong, but thats what I would look at.

Heres something that might be applicable here....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EckBfKPAGNM[/youtube]

Not to argue or contradict anyone here, just sharing some thoughts.

Cheers
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »
water in  space is ice crystals that would defract and absorb light.any other stasis its in will be on a gravitational  body.even the ice would evaparorate to hydrogen and oxygen due to ionizing radiation.imho.

Dumbledore

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 09:44:14 pm »
if my theory is right about gravity then wouldnt light be effected by magnetic fields,especially if they are out of polarization with the incoming light.

and since it takes a magnetic field to block radiation.if a planet has liguid water on its surface then the planet has a strong magnetic field like earth.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:33:10 pm by robomont »

Dumbledore

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 06:26:29 am »
Thats probably right, Robo as the water might diffract and scatter the light, causing it to be seen as a glow or illumination....oops I just described how the Earth gets its daytime..LOL!

Whats not clicking for me is that some folks have described light as electromagnetic...and while it is cool to think of light as an electromagnetic thingy, Id have to suggest that light is more a result of interacting electromagnetic fields, a visible and non visible product of resistance between colliding or interacting waveforms.

Most physics definitions as light being em seem wrong to me, as they are based on the actions of electrons, and electrons do not exist.

It seems a bit of ambiguity has clouded(pun intended) our understanding of light, and as Matrix says, "I believe mankind and science specifically has a long way to go to understand what light is."

Lets combine our ideas here folks, instead of denying or outright saying one is right or the other..were a team..can we do it?

Cheers!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 09:15:04 am »
i can temporarily say electrons are a wave form and photons are too.but these wave forms hold steady.i prefer solids as theyre easier to understand.
if they are wave forms then smallerfields are trapping them in like swimming pool walls.these walls are inelastic.the water has no resistence as these waves dont end.which means the water would have to be  like hydrogen close to absolute zero.a superfluid.

Dumbledore

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 03:21:54 pm »
Hmm, deep thoughts, and not even on a Sunday ::)

I agree with both Sander and Matrix. Sander my freind great to see you posting again, i see you still have your very own area but i understand you are limited as to what you can post there, no problem, we understand ;)

Robo; here is the crunch, yes light is affected by both gravity & magnets, it can even impart kinetic & thermal energy, so in that sense it has mass. But then it also acts like a wave, as do all particles it seems, hence the double slit experiment (of which, the interpretation is wholly wrong) and the Michelson-Morely experiment.

Einstein believed that gravity, inherent in all mass, warps the 'space-time' around it.

I think that the opposite is true, that the prime mover (zpe, ether field, higgs nonsense) is actually warping the space, or rather any mass that occupies it, for without mass, does gravity even exist?

In the Matrix system, the underlying 'program' determines what will happen, where, and when. This includes all physical phenomena, and my research leads me to a direct link between all the forces, as per Maxwell's original 'quatraines' or series of quadratic formulas, too tired now to go into that, but i know i've posted many times about that.

Also, riddle me this; If duality exists, it must be because at that moment when the 'light wave' is at 'zero potential' I.E. crossing over the line from + to - at that point it has no mass also, and is able to travel as fast as it likes...I once had a theory about 'fast light' and 'slow light' that being the same photon exchanges, but each in another dimension.
Funnily enough, all the other fields would obey the same principle, Uh oh...

T.T. Brown also concluded that 'gravity waves' would have a similar spectrum to 'electro-magnetic waves'     :o
Yes, everything around us is not only based purely on some sub-space vibration, but all the energy in the universe can flow through a single point in space, which has zero dimension....
Food for thought, huh?
 ;D
or rather any mass that occupies it, for without mass, does gravity even exist?
What i mean is, gravity is independent of mass, just as electric charge is, if the latter is proven true (as it was) then the former must be true also. Logical, captain.
Later!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:35:08 pm by PlaysWithMachines »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56