collapse

Author Topic: those achie joints  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Re: those achie joints
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 07:40:47 am »
As a native of So. Cal., avocado is a MUST in My diet.  And I adore tomatoes.  I hear onion has healthy aspects, too.

Good to know that sourdough is cool.
great advice, WW and I see you are a true healthy guy!
It's florida avocado for me today, on toasted rye with garlic aioli.
Avocados rule! An onion a day, and more garlic than that!
And carpacchio, or tartar, is the only way I eat beef, raw and wonderful!!!
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

sky otter

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 07:46:10 am »

;)
well no offense but i hope you know where your raw beef is from and what it ate before you ate it

Offline lillyphant

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 4
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 03:30:07 pm »
Thanks for all the ideas,  at this time I am not having problems,  but I have had in the past.

At one time I couldn't raise my arm up to brush my hair without my shoulder giving me great pain,  then years later I had an injury that caused alot of knee pain.

It was the glucosimine (lol,  can't spell it and neither can spellcheck!) from GNC that "cured" me both times,  It can take about a month,  but the results are spectacular.

I will try the Castor Oil, Vitamin C and fish oil next time!

sky otter

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 03:43:58 pm »
 ;)
Hi Luci

glad to hear you are in good shape..
your comment on the shoulder made me think of something that might help someone else
hubby was thinking he had rotor cup problems
but what he was doing was sleeping with his are above his head and under his head..
changing this sleeping posture  cured him

there are a lot of things we do to ourselves without realizing ..so that often observation of our own habits its good..all kinds of thing we can fix on our own
 8)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »
;)
well no offense but i hope you know where your raw beef is from and what it ate before you ate it
Thanks for your concern, Sky, and yes I do know where my food comes from, especially the raw meat.
I have actually picked my cow for slaughter, before, and had a big party once with all of the fixins, trying to use all of the animal. After dinner the leather guy took the hide away for tanning, and I have a beautiful belt and shoes now in honor of my beefy buddy!LOL!
There is a free range, wild grass fed, private cattle farm by us, near Arcadia, and they sell me what I call Green Beef, and that's fed with no hormones, or antibiotics, and  some of it's sold to Publix for their Greenwise markets. I get it twice weekly, and have it vacuum packed when it's butchered to seal bad stuff out. Then I airdry it for an hour, slice it so thinly you can see through it, then marinate it quickly, and voila, tartar!
You are right about raw being chancy, but if the right precautions are taken, there's nothing like a tartar of freshly butchered ribeye for real beef flavor.
I eat 4 oz at a time, and no more than one pound a week, mixed with my predominantly organic diet, and heavy on the veg!
Funny, to be talking like this, as you may or may not know, I became enlightened in December, and used to eat the crappiest diet, with NOTHING healthy(except beer)
Now, I have no desire for any of the old food, and dont know what to make of that.
I guess it's for the better, seeing how Ive lost forty pounds since then!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 04:22:59 pm »
Thanks for your concern, Sky, and yes I do know where my food comes from, especially the raw meat.
I have actually picked my cow for slaughter, before, and had a big party once with all of the fixins, trying to use all of the animal. After dinner the leather guy took the hide away for tanning, and I have a beautiful belt and shoes now in honor of my beefy buddy!LOL!
There is a free range, wild grass fed, private cattle farm by us, near Arcadia, and they sell me what I call Green Beef, and that's fed with no hormones, or antibiotics, and  some of it's sold to Publix for their Greenwise markets. I get it twice weekly, and have it vacuum packed when it's butchered to seal bad stuff out. Then I airdry it for an hour, slice it so thinly you can see through it, then marinate it quickly, and voila, tartar!
You are right about raw being chancy, but if the right precautions are taken, there's nothing like a tartar of freshly butchered ribeye for real beef flavor.
I eat 4 oz at a time, and no more than one pound a week, mixed with my predominantly organic diet, and heavy on the veg!
Funny, to be talking like this, as you may or may not know, I became enlightened in December, and used to eat the crappiest diet, with NOTHING healthy(except beer)
Now, I have no desire for any of the old food, and dont know what to make of that.
I guess it's for the better, seeing how Ive lost forty pounds since then!
Cheers!
Littleenki

I am vegetarian mainly because I can't get beef like that.  So...  When are You going to invite Me for dinner?  [grin]

(I eat venison on the rare occasion I have the opportunity - it is freshly killed, lived out its life eating what nature intended, and "slaughtered" cleanly...)
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »
I am vegetarian mainly because I can't get beef like that.  So...  When are You going to invite Me for dinner?  [grin]

(I eat venison on the rare occasion I have the opportunity - it is freshly killed, lived out its life eating what nature intended, and "slaughtered" cleanly...)
Your tartar awaits, sweet Amaterasu, and we'll even have a bit of free range veal, too! (Rosa farms inc. Arcadia, Florida) for meat, and (Worden farms of Punta Gorda for my veg!)
I, too love venison, but the killing part keeps me from enjoying it much.
So if I cant stomach shooting something, I buy it instead!
I have looked high and low for reasonably priced private farm beef, and finally got to go to the source. They have a small store on site that butchers and wraps the meat for pickup, but it's not public. I met the owner last month at a restaurant
nearby and he invited me to visit. Im glad I did!
Keep healthy, Amaterasu, and if youre in the tampa area, get set for some raw fun!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Fight for truth, fight against suppression of information!
  • Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »
As a native of So. Cal., avocado is a MUST in My diet.  And I adore tomatoes.  I hear onion has healthy aspects, too.

Good to know that sourdough is cool.

I like your answer :) And yes, onion has a way to clean blood I hear..

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:32 pm »
   And Im happy for those who has a possibility to get some clean fresh beef from nearside farm :) Darn..I wish I could..

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »
I like your answer :) And yes, onion has a way to clean blood I hear..
http://www.livestrong.com/article/475598-the-effects-of-onions-on-cholesterol-blood-sugar/
Here's a reason for the love of onions, WW, I eat a ton of them, and love them to death!
There is some Ribeye tartar for you, too, when you visit, and we'll make some sushi with the fish we catch, too!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »
Your tartar awaits, sweet Amaterasu, and we'll even have a bit of free range veal, too! (Rosa farms inc. Arcadia, Florida) for meat, and (Worden farms of Punta Gorda for my veg!)
I, too love venison, but the killing part keeps me from enjoying it much.
So if I cant stomach shooting something, I buy it instead!
I have looked high and low for reasonably priced private farm beef, and finally got to go to the source. They have a small store on site that butchers and wraps the meat for pickup, but it's not public. I met the owner last month at a restaurant
nearby and he invited me to visit. Im glad I did!
Keep healthy, Amaterasu, and if youre in the tampa area, get set for some raw fun!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Hmmmm....  Not a fan of Florida.  But should I decide to travel...  (Being jobless, virtually homeless, and literally penniless...not likely in the near future.  [grin])
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:58 pm »
Hmmmm....  Not a fan of Florida.  But should I decide to travel...  (Being jobless, virtually homeless, and literally penniless...not likely in the near future.  [grin])
Florida's not for everyone, and some visit here and see the dark side(pills, criminals, Miami)so I understand that, and there are a few places I wont go!LOL!
Im sorry to hear times are tough for you, and I will send you a special treat for the mind tonight to boost your spirits. Lotsa good karma comin your way!
It pains me to hear of a friend's difficulties in life, and I want to help so bad.

Just look for the dragon, and his band of gold around his neck, and he will show you the way.
I know I'm being metaphoric here, but It's about the only thing I'm good at.LOL!
Im thinking of you, and wishing you a great weekend!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 02:52:38 am »
Florida's not for everyone, and some visit here and see the dark side(pills, criminals, Miami)so I understand that, and there are a few places I wont go!LOL!
Im sorry to hear times are tough for you, and I will send you a special treat for the mind tonight to boost your spirits. Lotsa good karma comin your way!
It pains me to hear of a friend's difficulties in life, and I want to help so bad.

Just look for the dragon, and his band of gold around his neck, and he will show you the way.
I know I'm being metaphoric here, but It's about the only thing I'm good at.LOL!
Im thinking of you, and wishing you a great weekend!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Thank You so much.  I appreciate it greatly!

As for Florida, it's the heat and humidity.  I'm rather a snow spirit (depressed a bit there was virtually no snow this winter)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 03:54:42 am »
Thank You so much.  I appreciate it greatly!

As for Florida, it's the heat and humidity.  I'm rather a snow spirit (depressed a bit there was virtually no snow this winter)
Dont mention heat, argh! I like snow, too, but not if I have to work instead of playing in it!;)
Everything will be fine, Amaterasu, and life will improve dramatically for you from this point on, I promise.
Snow will fall again, and the sun will set, and all will be well.
So, have a wonderful weekend, and watch out for that dragon,with the gold necklace, he's here to help! 8)
Cheers!
Littleenki

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 04:40:45 am »
http://www.livestrong.com/article/475598-the-effects-of-onions-on-cholesterol-blood-sugar/
Here's a reason for the love of onions, WW, I eat a ton of them, and love them to death!
There is some Ribeye tartar for you, too, when you visit, and we'll make some sushi with the fish we catch, too!
Cheers!
Littleenki

Nice, I love tartar! Thank you, sushi is something I have never eaten. But I hear there will open a sushi restaurant near me in month or so..

WW

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]