collapse

Author Topic: Do Citizens of Earth Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?  (Read 58786 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Do Citizens of Earth Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »
Someone needs to "define" radiation, otherwise, my vote is no.

HELL with the definition :P

My vote is NO

I LIKE my Microwave Oven  A Citizen  made over 30 years ago and working fine (I guess that is why they went out of business)

No radiation means;

NO cell phones
NO TV
NO radio

NO Radiation means - NO Xrays to see where your broken

NO Radiation means - NO Sunlight which means NO Life on Earth

I am sure I missed many more :P

But one important one

NO Radiation means NO FREE ENERGY

How do you think Tesla was going to send you that stuff without wires?

On second thought, Yeah better define it... and keep that cell phone away from your head... it really does kill brain cells on long exposure

[youtube]http://saintleoinkblot.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/light-bulb.jpg[/youtube]

Maybe THAT is why people are dumbing down these days  ;D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »
I would have thought that with this forum having so many scientific minded individuals, they would have seen through my answer and replied.

Some of those have been distracted playing Kindergarten Cop

Offline Mikado

• Gold 2
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:56 pm »
Some of those have been distracted playing Kindergarten Cop

Sorry....AHNOLD.  <g>

But you are correct and I should have known you would have caught it.

Mikado

Fruitbat

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 05:03:28 pm »
The citizens of earth were originally provided with a largely radiation free environment to begin with.

All the radionuclides were safely buried usually far away  from peope in deserts until some clever idiots dug em up and refined them to make rods of pure hatred. Hatred, indeed for when you put those rods close to each other and frig about with the local radiological environment they get real angry. So angry in fact theat they spread their nastyness in teh form of radiation to anything that gets near.

Then the clever idiots invented "fast breeders" in order to make bountiful supply of foul substances like plutonium and polonium, for teh most ungodly of purposes, and electricity to power the TV sets, of course.   

We could stop this process at any time, but no one does.

SO IMHO We gave up our right to a radiation-free environment.

The only thing I've been able to do about it is reduce my electricity consumption to around 2-300 watts (for two of us) to show that we maybe COULD get by without nuclear energy, by being careful and frugal.

And yes I'll admit, that 2-300 watts means I have a very small fridge, no freezer, tumble dryer or air conditioning, but for most of recorded history, neither did anyone else!

Yer takes yer choices, mankind...

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »
Way to go fruitybat!
Le:)
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Mikado

• Gold 2
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 05:36:52 pm »
The citizens of earth were originally provided with a largely radiation free environment to begin with.

All the radionuclides were safely buried usually far away  from peope in deserts until some clever idiots dug em up and refined them to make rods of pure hatred. Hatred, indeed for when you put those rods close to each other and frig about with the local radiological environment they get real angry. So angry in fact theat they spread their nastyness in teh form of radiation to anything that gets near.

Then the clever idiots invented "fast breeders" in order to make bountiful supply of foul substances like plutonium and polonium, for teh most ungodly of purposes, and electricity to power the TV sets, of course.   

We could stop this process at any time, but no one does.

SO IMHO We gave up our right to a radiation-free environment.

The only thing I've been able to do about it is reduce my electricity consumption to around 2-300 watts (for two of us) to show that we maybe COULD get by without nuclear energy, by being careful and frugal.

And yes I'll admit, that 2-300 watts means I have a very small fridge, no freezer, tumble dryer or air conditioning, but for most of recorded history, neither did anyone else!

Yer takes yer choices, mankind...

The word "radiation" is like the word "air", very general.

The word needs to be defined as to what type of radiation otherwise, anyone voting is not casting an informed vote and it is a vote of assumption.

Mikado

deuem

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 04:51:04 am »
In respect for the OP, the title, if sitting all by itself, with nothing else, this title would be very questionable and of course the answer is "No". Without the Suns radiation we would all be dead. But! Thorfourwinds wrote an extensive article to go with that title, that more than supports it. By pulling a title out of context is an unfair thing to do to writers. Look at every headline, in every paper. With out the article most of them are silly.

IMHO: I do believe that Thor drove home his thread title with the attached article.

I do remember on old saying; Don't judge a book by its cover. So I read the article.

In the article it is clear TFW is talking about nuclear radiation from power plants. My answer to that would be "Yes". The greed of money was the failure point in the Japan reactors. If a nuclear plant is designed, maintained, run and dismantled right there are no problems like the Japan incidence.

The best way to get rid of them is for this generation to develop a new method to make electricity. A cheaper, safer way! Then they will simply no longer be needed and go away. Deuem

deuem

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 05:03:07 am »
@ Fruitbat

Is that 2-300 per day or month? Do you live in a cold climate? The AC in my office alone is 7,000 watts/hour. And even that has a hard time keeping up. I will have to check but I think even my computers power supply is larger than 300 watts, maybe 400 or so. I would have to move to a colder place to dump the AC. It is almost 40C outside and with no AC it gets up in the 50ties inside very quickly. So no AC, what do you do in the cold?

I also agree about the "history and neither did anyone else" but they also died at 30 years old and got married at 12. Is not there a better way to do this?  Deuem

Offline Mikado

• Gold 2
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 06:42:36 am »
Deuem,

7,000 KW? We're not talking a window unit here are we? We are talking something with tonnage like a roof top unit?

If your line is 120V, which I am sure you are not due to your location, the current draw would be around 58+ Amps. That is some serious draw.

And even if the line is 220, we are still looking at 24+ Amps. Still a good draw.

Just curious mind you.

Mikado

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 07:03:22 am »
Hey, Dueum, try to stay cool in that shop, amigo, and dont worry about the math, it seems some wish to be the guru of something with every post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a044Tx7aJYM[/youtube]

We all knew what you meant...well almost all of us.

Cheers!
LE
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Mikado

• Gold 2
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:33 am »
Hey, Dueum, try to stay cool in that shop, amigo, and dont worry about the math, it seems some wish to be the guru of something with every post.

We all knew what you meant...well almost all of us.

Cheers!
LE

It was a serious and honest question and for someone who claimed they wouldn't answer me anymore - put the flotsam in the trash - you sure can't resist.

We all see that you really didn't mean it either.

Mikado

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 07:14:55 am »
Mikado

Your responses are interesting'

When you said

"It was a serious and honest question and for someone who claimed they wouldn't answer me anymore - put the flotsam in the trash - you sure can't resist

When Littleenki made the remark that he was putting flotsam in the trash..... there was no mention of your name..... why do you assume that he was talking about you?

And why do you assume that ANYONE would be inclined to believe a word that you say or pay attention to any of your directives. Its just a question .

Linda

Offline Mikado

• Gold 2
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 07:18:58 am »
Mikado

Your responses are interesting'

When you said

"It was a serious and honest question and for someone who claimed they wouldn't answer me anymore - put the flotsam in the trash - you sure can't resist

When Littleenki made the remark that he was putting flotsam in the trash..... there was no mention of your name..... why do you assume that he was talking about you?

Because he was...and oh so curious that you can specifically remember that comment when you seem to forget so many others.

And why do you assume that ANYONE would be inclined to believe a word that you say or pay attention to any of your directives. Its just a question .

Linda

Directives? You need to explain that before I can answer.

Mikado
[/quote]

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:50 am »
There is one right there

"Directives? You need to explain that before I can answer.

Mikado
I don't NEED to do anything you direct Mikado.

Linda

Offline Mikado

• Gold 2
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 07:40:12 am »
There is one right there

"Directives? You need to explain that before I can answer.

Mikado
I don't NEED to do anything you direct Mikado.

Linda

Quote from: quote

Then I can't answer your question since you won't explain what you mean by "directives".

And remember you DID ask a question and you are now making it so I can't answer. Be sure you remember that you created the situation, as you always do and then complain.

Mikado

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]