collapse

Author Topic: Worsening Weather, Earthquakes, Vortices, Volcanoes, CMEs ... What's Up?  (Read 124661 times)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
This site provides predictive products better than most...

www.windy.com

Cheers
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
That's a great site.  Thx

Looking at eye of hurricane it reminds me of a black hole as winds all go to center and that's it.
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
That's a great site.  Thx

Looking at eye of hurricane it reminds me of a black hole as winds all go to center and that's it.

My pleasure, as we see, its all about spin spin spin!
Cheers!
Le

Offline space otter

• Gold 691

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40347552

In pictures: Greenland tsunami aftermath
20 June 2017
 From the section Europe

A rare magnitude-four earthquake hit Greenland's west coast on Sunday, producing a surge of water that swept away homes and led to reports of a number of people missing.
Joint Arctic Command, the group tasked with the search and rescue mission, has since published images of the aftermath of the disaster and told the BBC that it continues to monitor the situation, warning that further incidents could take place.

Homes were submerged and washed away after a tsunami hit the village of Nuugaatsiaq, north-western Greenland.

pics at link are amazing

The surge of water is believed to have swept away 11 homes in the small village.

Meteorologists said it was "not normal" for such an earthquake to hit Greenland and warned of aftershocks.

More on this story

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
One never knows if this type of thing is because of climate change or Haarp or what.

I wouldn't want to be in the midst of that.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:26:38 am by zorgon »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
That is very odd  A magnitude 4.0 shouldn't cause a tsunami big enough to wash away houses
Unless the earthquake caused some big volume of ice to fall into the ocean, creating the tsunami.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Unless the earthquake caused some big volume of ice to fall into the ocean, creating the tsunami.

That would move away from the land not towards

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
That would move away from the land not towards
Away from the falling ice, but if it happened on one side of a bay or on an island that could reach land, like what some people fear could happen with that volcano in the Canary Islands.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691

https://www.rt.com/news/392937-greenland-tsunami-flooding-evacuation/

With a population of some 56,000 people, Greenland, the world’s largest island, has a vast ice sheet which covers around 80 percent of its area and is particularly affected by climate change.

The settlement of Nuugaatsiaq suffered the most, with 11 houses being washed away and the community being left with no electricity. With a registered population of 101, 78 people have been evacuated to the town of Uummannaq, the Greenlandic Broadcasting Corporation (KNR) reported, citing police officials.

vid at link

READ MORE: NASA study links Greenland ice loss to ‘gigantic invisible wave’

https://www.rt.com/viral/389979-nasa-wave-greenland-ice/

lots of graphs

The Rink Glacier typically flows at a speed of a mile or two a year. However, during the period between June and September 2012, the wave moved through the giant ice block at a speed of about 2.5 miles (4km) a month for the first three months, increasing to 7.5 miles (12km) during September.

The same wave pattern was detected in GPS data for 2010 – the second hottest summer on record in Greenland.

Offline biggles

• Gold 47

https://www.rt.com/news/392937-greenland-tsunami-flooding-evacuation/

With a population of some 56,000 people, Greenland, the world’s largest island, has a vast ice sheet which covers around 80 percent of its area and is particularly affected by climate change.

The settlement of Nuugaatsiaq suffered the most, with 11 houses being washed away and the community being left with no electricity. With a registered population of 101, 78 people have been evacuated to the town of Uummannaq, the Greenlandic Broadcasting Corporation (KNR) reported, citing police officials.

vid at link

READ MORE: NASA study links Greenland ice loss to ‘gigantic invisible wave’

https://www.rt.com/viral/389979-nasa-wave-greenland-ice/

lots of graphs

The Rink Glacier typically flows at a speed of a mile or two a year. However, during the period between June and September 2012, the wave moved through the giant ice block at a speed of about 2.5 miles (4km) a month for the first three months, increasing to 7.5 miles (12km) during September.

The same wave pattern was detected in GPS data for 2010 – the second hottest summer on record in Greenland.

Hell in a handbasket, no good that.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT

Monster STORM Update - Gulf Coast & Eastern Seaboard USA

thornews
Published on Jun 19, 2017

We've got severe weather tearing up the East Coast as the Mega 
Nasty Moisture Monster storm begins to bring insane amounts of rain to Florida, Mississippi, Alabama & Louisiana. The Lightning has been off the charts!

The Models have this storm lasting about a week, so be prepared.

God bless everyone, T

Biloxi Ms. Live. Strong WInds pulling Off Shore. - YouTube

bpearthwatch
20 June 2017

Tropical Storm Cindy is a very dangerous rainmaking high cloud 21st Century storm

thornews
Published on Jun 20, 2017
WARNING - YOU NEED TO BE A SMART TOUGH BADASS WITH A HEART & A SENSE OF HUMOR TO WATCH THIS. -- -

We've got a tropical storm severe weather multi-day mutli-event event in progress. The future of weird weather is here right now. How are we going to react to it?

Wake up. Be Alert. Get Prepared, & let us start making good plans.

CREATE GREAT ARCHITECTURE & INFRASTRUCTURE

The Sun hasn't died.
So let's own this and look alive.

We are all God's Children.

We are all family.

Now let's live up to our potential, y'all.

God less everyone, T

I've never seen a Weather System like Tropical Storm Cindy before

thornews
Published on Jun 20, 2017
On top of that, we have a new storm exploding across the USA.

Strange days, indeed. 

God Bless Everyone, T
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT

RedZone Weather LIVE - YouTube

RedZone Weather
21 June 2017

The Weather Channel LIVE Coverage - YouTube
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
Well since I'm first to get hit with all the rain, I thought I'd pass along an update.

This is at 6:13 CST...

This is a closeup of where I live, Belle Chasse, La.

Not too worried about this rain event, been through many a tropical storm...the local pumps are manned and ready (all that FEMA money paid for the upgrade)  ;D

I'm just worried about my daughter and grand daughter who are on a cruise right now and suppose to return on Thursday to New Orleans port.. They might have some rough weather to get home.... ???

Update: 6/22/17 7:20 CST.
Well things are quiet now, the sun is shinning with just a little wind. Most of the rain has moved north and west of us so it's not too bad....
There are some flooding events going on but that's typical of south Louisiana this time of year. People still like the coast so there's always going to be floods.
This is nothing new...been going on for thousands of years, it's only bad for some, cause more people live near the coast.

This wasn't a 'Monster Storm' as some have called it. Just mother nature doing it's thing.
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
This storm was standard fare for early season cyclonic formation, whereas the depression allowed for moisture and energy from farther south to be pulled northward into the body creating a real soaker, with the winds we see in typical thunderstorms making it seem worse than it was.

Call it a hybrid low, a dual source low pressure system, or just a pain in the rear, but monster storm it is not.

Right now there is the tail end of abnormal moisture migration in the GOM, and cyclonic activity will likely become very typical over the next few months, with systems staying within normal parameters, and storms drawing mainly from their own body of low pressure at the center.

Of course, those who get whacked by the tornadic events in this might not see it that way, but thats pretty much how it works.

Heres a good example of a storm which was churning along as a cold front, but became entangled with moisture and heat and warm water in its path..I can guarantee you, those who were affected by the "No Name Storm" will always remember it as way worse than the typical tropical system we experience here in Florida during most folk's lifetimes, not to mention those who got pummelled by it all along the South and Northeast.

http://www.tampabay.com/topics/specials/florida-weather.page

Cheers!
Le

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56