collapse

Author Topic: Posting Info From Questionable Websites  (Read 5107 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Posting Info From Questionable Websites
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:30:55 pm »
Posting Info From Questionable Websites

Many of us here are veterans of many forums and have already made decisions on certain sources. But for new members IO feel it necessary to post some info on these sites.

Disclaimer: Many tabloids exist in all forms of media and it is ultimately up to the viewer to decide what they will believe. Since we live in a society that upholds the freedom to publish, one can write anything one wants.. but that doesn't make it true."Freedom of Speech and Press" is a two edged sword. Many feel because they are anonymous they can say or write what they want, but it comes with a price. Hate speech, racism and slander are three areas that come with legal ramifications. You may speak it, but you better be prepared to deal with the consequences. Other topics like discussing illegal activities also have consequences.

Now in the field of Conspiracy, UFO's and Aliens there is naturally a lot of speculation. Speculation is fine and may or may not lead to proof, but it stimulates the mind.

However some sites are deliberately spreading out right lies and disinfo, which do nothing but add to the problem, and the confusion. Now skeptics will say anything that doesn't fit their view is either a hoax or disinfo, or stupid. But believers... those that believe anything anyone says without taking time to study the source, are just as bad. It is these people that feed such disinfo sites, because if they didn't have an audience, they wouldn't exist.

So below is a list on a few sites that are 'questionable' to put it nicely. Two of them have been tagged at Abovetopsecret.com and posts from those are simply NOT ACCEPTED. We hope that here people will use better discretion and not link topics from them.

My general rule of thumbs is this:

IF a story is checked on the internet and all you can find is clones (usually hundreds as every ufo site copies them) then it is 99.9% sure the story is false...

IF a story leads to main stream news snippits, government websites, or actual documents, even if the story is 'embellished', then you can be sure that there is SOMETHING worth looking into.

continued..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:00:15 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Welcome messages forum stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:43:36 pm »
All News Web - Mike Cohen

I have yet to see ONE story coming from this source that has the slightest bit of truth in it. I have personally seen them promote advertised CGI as real UFO's. No need to detail this as its already been done before... if you want to know more please read these threads at ATS (Just because they are the competion, doen't mean there isn't good info posted by good people that is worth looking at :P )

Are allnewsweb.com hurting the credibility of ufology?

A.N.W continues to make Ufology look stupid

A few relevant comments...

Meanwhile, Cohen is now spamming the Facebook walls of various people I know. Others have already blocked him for his shameless spamming. Is there no end to ANW's self-promotion and chicanery?  - Flightsuit

Should we take -- with a grain of salt like we do with pravda.ru etc? - Chadwickus

All News Web is not a problem but a symptom. The real danger to UFO research is not All News Web but the UFO believers. All News Web would not survive if it did not have an audience eager to regurgitate its nonsense. - WingedBull

A fair point.
If no one subscribed to his BS then he wouldn't keep on doing what he's doing.
Anyway, those that care know what my opinions on M. Cohen are.  - Chadwickus

The problem is with ANW, is that MC is not posting topics to debate unlike here at ATS. But writes what he feels actually is fact, giving no way to debate. I've kept tabs on that site for years, and the stuff he posts is laughable, claiming that obviously CG is real footage.  - dsm1664

We will not be actively deleting any posts made using this as source however we ask users to use good judgement and do some research. Don't be surprised if said post is not taken seriously... you have been educated :D  Additionally any such posts will only be allowed in the 'General Topics' area
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:10:25 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Posting Info From Questionable Websites
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:01:24 pm »
What Does it all Mean? - Sorcha Faal

Who is Sorcha Faal? One disclaimer on another site sums it up.

Note:. There is no such person as “Sorcha Faal, Russian academic” “Sorcha Faal” is actually David Booth, an American computer programmer “Sorcha” is alleged to be a Russian academic but there is absolutely no record of anyone with such a name in Russian academia. These periodic eruptions have absolutely no basis in any kind of fact or reality and are typical of the nonsense bespangling the internet. These reports, however, have a good deal of entertainment value. This idiocy is almost as funny as the Scientology cult babblings. Ed.

So why does David Booth/Sorcha Faal perpetrate this fraud? Apparently it is an excellent way to solicit money, and to promote his/her/its books... {list}

And he should be dead now:
  • As agreed upon by the congregation this final message to humanity would be released only upon the death of David Booth, the last in the line of the ‘messengers’ for the family.
    And as our Dear Brother David Booth lies tonight before that doorway of death we release to the world tonight this Final Message from him.
    http://www.greatdreams.com/booth/booth.htm
But he's not... He's still coming up with hoax after hoax... Most likely using the "Sorcha Faal" moniker because his name has been tied to hoax's, plagiarism and other unsavory undertakings. Why feed David Booth's need to yank on the collective internet user's chain? Why do people drink the Kool-aid and hang on to a particular story's veracity? Is it because it reflects their personal world view, or beliefs? I'm not sure... But I am sure that every time I see a Sorcha Faal article referenced the possibility of "Deny Ignorance" has been greatly reduced regarding that particular topic.

I hope this helps some of the members and guests of ATS understand the true nature of the Sorcha Faal/David Booth viral hoax campaign... by Mirthful Me[/size][/color]

Here is a MAJOR information thread on Sorcha Faal/David Booth. I suggest taking a close look at it

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth

Sorcha Faal: Intelligence Briefs or Disinformation? How To Tell the Difference

Sorsha Faal posts generally come from other websites that have not taken the time to research the source. The titles are deliberately sensational and catching. It is pure hoax and misdirection, not even qualified as 'disinfo'

Users use common sense... posts using Sorsha as the main source may be deleted at any mods discretion.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:26:22 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:11:05 pm »
The Tabloids

Tabloids occasionally have good stories mixed with the rubbish. They certainly have entertaining stories and may be fun to speculate on. Stories from such sources should be taken with a few grains of salt. I have occasionally found some good leads on Pravda that I was able to verify on more credible sources. So they do have some use, because the stroies on the tabloids tend to stick around more, whereas main stream news sources tend to file old stories away quickly.

Because of this you will find good leads for possible good stories. One Main stream site that is great for back stories is the BBC Online. They never move old articles... which means linking to there stories will ensure no dead links. Same with the tabloids.

The biggest trick to research is knowing WHAT to search for... in this sense tabloids do have value, giving you names and places to use as ketwords

List of sites for adding salt ;)

1) Pravda.ru (Russian)
2) beforeitsnews
3) Activists Post
4) Weekly World news

Will update list as time allows. All mods are free to add to this list
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:43:08 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »
GLP - Godlikeproductions

Something odd is going on at that website/forum.  I was a member years ago because I had to address some issues posted by Henry Deacon under one of his many aliases so I had to sign up.

When John left Open Minds forum he started to post a bit at GLP. So he asked me to come over and help him present some material.

I did... and found my account deleted...

So I registered a new account. I made one post then wanted to read another page...

And I got THIS message..

On that page is an 'upgrade' button... seems they expect you to pay to get reinstated... but that button was inactive..

At the bottom is an 'unban me' request. Filed that out and hit send... but it didn't send

DOH Since they ban your IP Address how do they expect you to send the requests?  :o

So I wrote email to admin... still waiting for a reply. I have no desire to hang out over there :P but wanted to follow this through.

Since then I have had messages from many people who have had the same issue

So NO POSTING LINKS TO GLP as most people will not see them and hit the IP address screen. And as its IP blocking, can't even view a thread. Until this is resolved they are on the Black List

Edit to add... someone sent me this disclaimer from GLP

Disclaimer:
This website exists for entertainment purposes only. The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 5000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis. The content of posts
on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult content and if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone. Users are encouraged to USE DISCERNMENT and do their own follow up research while reading and posting on this website. Godlikeproductions.com reserves the right to make changes to, corrections and/or remove entirely at any time posts made on this website without notice. In addition, Godlikeproductions.com disclaims any and all liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of a post on this website.

This site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this site is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it. In no event shall Godlikeproductions.com be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this site or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this site.

Some events depicted in certain posting and threads on this website may be fictitious and any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. Some other articles may be based on actual events but which in certain cases incidents, characters and timelines have been changed for dramatic purposes. Certain characters may be composites, or entirely fictitious.

We do not discriminate against the mentally ill!

::)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:42:42 pm by zorgon »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56