collapse

Author Topic: undo's healthy research  (Read 11230 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: undo's healthy research
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 07:14:54 am »
Undo..if you feel this is taking the wrong turn from your stuff.. maybe you could split it and remove it from here..

well petz r 4 us.. you went to those things for the very reason i didn't..
i could always trip out so easily without aids that i was afraid if i ever did use em i might
 never get back, kinda still feel that way...although the fear of it is mostly gone

I've had one bad acid trip.  I don't think it's necessarily the case, but at the time, I was afraid of never coming back, as well.  The trick with LSD is to take a low dose, and to never, ever mix it with anything.  My bad trip was caused by taking a blotter of LSD, and then two joints of marijuana immediately prior to peaking.  You can feel entropic currents when you're on it though, just like being in sea water. 

My third trip was nice.  I sat in bed and watched Zeitgeist: Moving Forward, while eating M&Ms.  That was a blotter with some very gentle stuff, as the guy who sold it to me told me, and it didn't do anything nasty to me at all.  In that case, the entropic currents I mentioned were just pressing around my stomach a little.  It reminded me of when I was wading in the ocean as a 5 year old or so, with the water up to my waist.

You want to be very calm on acid.  I like just lying down and watching the colours.  It's not a good idea to walk around, or operate heavy machinery etc; but it can still be nice.  If you're scared of it though, but are still maybe curious, I would ask someone you trust to find you some gentle marijuana, (which can still be psychedelic, but is much, MUCH milder) in order to get your feet wet.  If you're comfortable with that, eventually you can move up to a small piece of mushroom.  The mushroom spirit is very kind, and if you approach him the right way, will be very careful not to alarm you at all; although he actually got mildly angry with me, because I was quite fear based at the time.  He really doesn't like fear.  It wasn't a big deal; I was just told that I was being nurtured in every way possible, so I really needed to start to loosen up, because my attitude wasn't consistent with what was actually going on.

1. have no fear

Fear is your worst enemy on acid, as well.  Fear is literally the only thing that will hurt you.  The drug itself won't; but it amplifies how you feel.  If you're scared, that is what will lead you to a psychotic break.

2. have no expectations  of outcome

Yep.  Uncle Al warned people against having lust for result.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Back

• Gold 95
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 11:39:30 am »
I dont know.

Fear is your worst enemy on acid, as well.  Fear is literally the only thing that will hurt you.  The drug itself won't; but it amplifies how you feel.  If you're scared, that is what will lead you to a psychotic break.

I tried it several times 30 some years ago and it hurt my back so bad that I couldnt move for days.
Back

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »
I tried it several times 30 some years ago and it hurt my back so bad that I couldnt move for days.
Back

Yep.  That can happen.  I got these bizarre, massive lumps all over my forehead after my first trip.  No idea what they were.  I applied some hemp oil and they went down in a few days; but they were weird.  Then again, I saw a video from one woman on YouTube who experienced healing of her jaw during a trip.

I think acid more or less completely pulls us apart and puts us back together again; and if you're not careful, sometimes the way you get put back together, will be not quite right.  Other times, it can leave you feeling better than ever.  It's difficult to tell which result you're going to get.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »
WOW Look what the cat dragged in :P Where the hell you been? On Venus? You better have pictures

:D.. Yeah Zorgon.. i know... But I found myself trapped in a time consuming ocean of work lately.

Things will back to normal, eventually. Trying to catch up all the good reading I missed here.

And by the way, You know you should be asking for the Mars pictures man :P

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
i'm currently researching natural remedies for smoking addiction.  if i understand this information correctly, what causes the addiction is nicotine (the addictive chemical in cigarettes) connects to dopamine receptors, a precursor to serotonin production (both of those are neurochemicals) and creates euphoria.   

anyway, after reading several articles and compiling what seems to be a general concensus list of useful remedies, the following sounds to be useful if you are a smoker and wish to quit and need a little help:

-oranges and orange juice (or any citrus fruit like lemons, limes, etc)

-oats

-cayenne pepper

-peppermint (in a tea, as a soap ingredient, as a lotion ingredient or as an aromatic)

-ginseng

-st. john's wort (this one requires you take it for 2 to 3 weeks before trying to stop smoking)

-Lobelia (this one is nearly identical chemically, to nicotine.  however, it binds to the nicotine receptor site, relieving some of the withdrawal cravings.  the issue with this stuff, however, is it may have unpleasant side effects like vomiting and nausea, so my thought is, if you're gonna use it, use it in teeny tiny amounts, well below the suggested dosage on the packaging.  which means it will not be a total solution, but simply ease some of the discomfort related to withdrawal.  last thing you want while trying to avoid nervous lashback from nicotine withdrawal, is to be sick to your stomach from a remedy)

-ginger (this relieves nausea, so i would take it in conjunction with Lobelia, if you're even gonna take Lobelia in the first place)

-anti-oxidants such as grapeseed extract, alpha lipoic acid,
coenyzme Q-10 for lung tissue repair

and last but not least,

-vitamin E to repair cell damage.

i would also add methyl B-12 to repair nerve damage.

---------

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:26:19 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »
stop smoking idea

i'm not gonna add this to the list, but it has an honorable mention here:

this was mentioned on one of the sites i was researching at, and when i realized what it meant, i was amazed.   the site doesn't tell you why it works, but i know why!   here it is :

put a rubber band around your wrist (not too tight!).  each time you have a withdrawal craving, snap the rubber band.   

can anybody guess why this works?   8)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:16:36 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 02:15:59 pm »
can anybody guess why this works?   8)
Pavlovian conditioning?  :)

sky otter

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 03:07:57 pm »
 ;D ;D

Pavlovian conditioning?  

ArMaP...your sense of humor is showing... ;D

somewhere i heard this method of stopping any addiction and i thought it sounded better than others i had heard..
apologies to whom-so-ever did say it

the idea was to stop and think before smoking, eating that fat food, drugs, etc
and to go out on the porch ( or somewhere to be alone)
and just asking yourself
do i need to do this and if i wait 5 minutes will i still need to do it

the idea is that if we really take the time to think of what we are doing
things will change

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »
I read once, many years ago, about a man that worked on one of those huge cranes in a port. Once, when he got up there to start a day's work, he accidentally dropped the cigarettes, so he had to wait until the next break to try to get them.

Then, the next time, he did it on purpose and had to wait again. He did it enough times to stopping it from being a habit.

There are many stories, but only one thing is needed, will power. :)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 08:13:49 pm »
yeah it's like giving yourself a shock treatment therapy.  you're retraining your brain to associate pain with the dopamine receoptor fix instead of pleasure.  i am just not sure if it works on people who've been smoking for a long time and have extensive lung damage, because every time they inhale it would be painful.  so wouldn't that have the same result?  smoking=pain to advanced smokers.  i've seen people with emphysema still crave cigarettes and smoke them, coughing painfully with every inhale.   

but i think they are onto something with the rubber band idea as it precurses the dopamine fix associated with the nicotine.  but once you've started inhaling it, it's too far into the process to stop till the receptors are satisfied.   

JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 09:08:24 am »
Coming from a Smoker who has been both a Non and an On... I would have to say it's only willpower to change that stop's oneself smoking.  If one likes smoking they will smoke, if they don't they will stop. 

Its much the same as diet really... It's a given that eating fresh fruits and veggies in any form is going to be healthy for one but how many people do that ?  Not many!

Flush your body of Caffeine for a month and then have a nice brewed cup of coffee, it will taste great but you will feel wired like this little fellow >>>  :o

Infact the most amazing person who had control of this urge to smoke was a Chilean guy I worked with years ago.  He loved running and got me into fun runs at the time yet he could switch smoking on and off like it was a light switch.  Thinking of how Hugo got me into that I recall when I could run a top ten in a fun run and later on down the track once i got my feet settled in that training go out for a beer one night smoke a few ciggys and feel no addiction whatsoever.  Still wonder what Hugo is up to these days as he was a brilliant tool maker. 

I think the message is to be rather healthy and skirt around the edge's of cancer rather than the opposed of being un-helathy and skirting around the fringes of health! 

For a personal update and why I been a bit quite is that I've been on a week and a half of 90% 80 10 10 RV... The amount of fruit consumed is amazing and has me looking for bargains for sure!  Energy Levels though are awesome, body heals very quick from running and any other exercise I have partaken in which is something that is always mentioned by those people proclaiming the diet but its the first time I noticed it in practice

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6PrbctPJ4[/youtube]

Aliens made us eat it  :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]