collapse

Author Topic: undo's healthy research  (Read 11235 times)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
undo's healthy research
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:02:11 am »
so i was in college to be a doctor of natural medicine.  first i needed to get my general pracitioner's degree ( MEDICAL DOCTOR= MD).  i had 3 years under my belt, and was on the dean's list and the president's list.  i was invited to join orgs/orders for very smart people and received invitations to various high end universities.  then things went awry in a big way.  i became seriously ill.

to explain the events in full, would take pages, so to simplify:  i was diagnosed with breast cancer.  this lead to a full radical masectomy.  and things were fine, that is, till i went for the obligatory chemotherapy.  the chemo lead to loss of my 20-20 vision, the sudden onset of diabetes type 2 with all its side issues, and early menopause.  what a fiasco.

well, since i was already a proponent of natural medicine, i should've known better and done a bit more research, but i dutifully followed the doctor's instructions.  whether the chemo saved my life from further cancers is an unknown.  i am happy to announce that so far, no further cancers have arisen (to my knowledge), so it may indeed have done it's job.  all that aside, it certainly didn't do me any favors otherwise.  i had to figure out how to solve all the related problems.   so here's my list of whatcha can do to feel better and younger, even if you've had a run-in with outrageous toxins like chemotherapy.

this information will contain low key stuff, for people who are bed ridden or not exactly active, due to poor health or computer addiction or both.  it will also contain information on how to feel better and, how to look better.  any new stuff i find on the subject that i think is good, i will share here, add it to this list as well, and mark new entries as NEW (in red letters). 

disclaimer:  i never finished college.  i am not a doctor. these things are subject to your own limitations and potential allergies. it's just stuff i've found and used, compiled here for your perusal.  by all means, look this stuff up and do your own research first.

age spots/unslightly freckles:  cut a lemon, squeeze some juice, put on spots, leave on 15 minutes, rinse.  do this for 6 weeks.

bad breath: chlorophyll. this stuff will instantly sweeten your breath, all the way down to your gut. 

blood sugar balance (don't take while taking insulin.):  chromium picolinate, cinnamon.

dental health:  zinc picolinate.  coconut oil (the edible kind and preferably organic).

detoxification:  to detoxify, you want to use/ingest foods/tablets containing anti-oxidants, such as grapeseed extract and alpha lipoic acid.  eating foods high in anti-oxidants is good as well.  the liver is one of the key players here, since it's your body's toxin filtration system, so milk thistle will help to keep it strong.  read up on natural remedies for a strong liver function.  select one that you know you can handle. i mean some of these liver cleanses are rough, such as a coffee enema.  shudder.  i would not suggest a coffee enema. 

diabetic neuropathy:  methyl b-12 (this stuff is a life saver), alpha lipoic acid.

diet:    good foods generally are:  apples and apple cider vinegar, oatmeal, avocadoes, oranges, bananas, broccoli, beans (like lentils), coconuts, red grapes, peppers, green tea, dark unsweetened chocolate, plain yogurt, local organic honey, green barley. 

exercise: before doing any strenuous exercise, you might want to consider taking some alka seltzer about 30 minutes prior, to keep the production of pain inducing lactic acid from building up in your muscles. 

fever: induce sweating by eating a bowl of hot, thick oatmeal. the thicker and the hotter it is (safely, don't want to burn your tongue or mouth), the better it will work to lower fever.  it does this by increasing your body's internal temperature, causing the body's  temperature gauge to lower the body temp via sweating as a response.

flabby muscles/large stomach:   all these exercises can be done from a chair/bed and if done in moderation, will not induce pain/sore muscles:

for the arms, shoulders, and chest, put two (1 pound or more)  cans of soup by your computer, bed or work station and use them as light weights to use in repetition exercises.  it's amazing how much you can tone up over time, by just using small weights, in various repetition exercises and you don't even have to stand up to do the exercises.  just whenever you think about it, grab the cans, do a few reps, put the cans back down, and repeat later, either the next day, or a few hours, etc.   notice if you hold the cans in front of you, different muscle groups are involved than if you hold them straight out to your sides, or above shoulder level, or if your hands are flipped over, or if you curl the cans towards you, etc. 

for the stomach, lean back so that your back is not supported by the chair and so that you are like laying down on your back in thin air (not to far or you will fall off your chair), while still sitting in the chair. hold that position to the count of 30 seconds (counting it like this: one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, etc).  do that once a day, every day.  you'll develop nice abs, although it will take awhile and they won't be six pack abs, they will be nice and firm.

for the chin:  stick out your tongue and try to touch your nose with it. hold that position for three seconds.  repeat 10 times.   next day, do it again.

for your eyes:  roll your eyes to the left and hold to the count of 3. now repeat that to the right. now up, now down.   next day, do it again.

for your neck:  raise your lower jaw up, while still looking straight ahead, till you can feel the muscles and tendons in your neck stretching. hold that postion to count of 5. repeat 5 times. next day, do it again.

hay fever/seasonal allergies:  pulsatilla 6x (it's pollen from a windflower in tiny amounts in a sugar pill.  a homeopathic remedy.  it acts similar to an allergy shot.  don't confuse hay fever or allergies with sinus infections or the common cold.  determine which it is first before attempting to treat it with pulsatilla).  a not so natural alternative that works well is benadryl.

NEW high cholesterol:  increase your HDL *high density lipoproteins, and decrease your LDL *low density lipoproteins.  one way to do this is by eating foods high in HDL, such as fish (sardines, salmon, halibut.  some shellfish also but i don't suggest it because they eat garbage off the bottom of bodies of water).  might want to get the fish from a fish lake farm company, rather than sea farming company because of fukushima ), olives, olive oil, avocados, avocado oil, cod liver oil, flaxseed, tofu, omega-3 fatty acids suplements.

high blood pressure (don't take this if you're already on high blood pressure meds):  hawthorne berry

kidneys:  coq10 (coenyzme q10). plenty of good water.  bananas.

liver problems: milk thistle

low energy:  coq10 (coenyzme q-10).  white siberian ginseng.

mucus membrane inflammation, particularly of the digestive tract and sinuses: goldenseal

pain relief/inflammation:  cayenne pepper, topically in a lotion or internally in a tea.  spicy v-8 juice.

rashes of the skin (other than yeast infection): zinc oxide cream.

respiratory infections:  garlic, echinacea (do not use this if you have any kind of auto immune disorder such as aids, HIV, Lupus, chronic arthritis, and any others i've neglected to mention. also don't take if you're allergic to daisies or plants in the daisy family).

if you have chest congestion, taking robitussin dm to help expectorate phlegm is a solution, also within 30 minutes of taking the robitussin, try taking a bed sheet into the bathroom (don't take it into the shower with you, just have it handy for when you finish showering), take a hot shower (not a bath, but a shower),  then immediately get out and wrap in the sheet, DON'T DRY OFF FIRST, then get in bed and pull the sheet over your head. the idea is for the steam and heat on your body, to be trapped inside the sheet with you, causing the effectiveness of the moisture/steam from the shower to be concentrated in that small space inside the sheet. make sure you're covered from head to toe and the heat/steam is not escaping from the sides of the sheet.  if it gets too warm/claustrophobic, you can slip the sheet back and let some fresh air in.  stay like this for 15 minutes or for as long as you can stand it.  also review the information on reducing pain and inflammation. 

skin treatment:  coconut oil, particularly from organically grown coconuts.  ideally, best if it's an ingredient in a soap such as dr. bronner's soap since the oil by itself may cause people with extra oily skin to have even shinier skin.   
http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/OLCT1G/CitrusLiquidSoap.htm

slow digestion/constipation:  bran flakes. oatmeal (long cooking kind).

NEWsmoking:  i'm currently researching natural remedies for smoking addiction.  if i understand this information correctly, what causes the addiction is nicotine (the addictive chemical in cigarettes) connects to dopamine receptors, a precursor to serotonin production (both of those are neurochemicals) and creates euphoria and therefore addiction.   

anyway, after reading several articles and compiling what seems to be a general concensus list of useful remedies, the following sounds to be useful if you are a smoker and wish to quit and need a little help:

-oranges and orange juice (or any citrus fruit like lemons, limes, etc)

-oats

-cayenne pepper

-peppermint (in a tea or as a soap ingredient, as a lotion ingredient or as an aromatic)

-ginseng

-st. john's wort (this one requires you take it for 2 to 3 weeks before trying to stop smoking)

-Lobelia (this one is nearly identical chemically, to nicotine.  however, it binds to the nicotine receptor site, relieving some of the withdrawal cravings.  the issue with this stuff, however, is it may have unpleasant side effects like vomiting and nausea, so my thought is, if you're gonna use it, use it in teeny tiny amounts, well below the suggested dosage on the packaging.  which means it will not be a total solution, but simply ease some of the discomfort related to withdrawal.  last thing you want while trying to avoid nervous lashback from nicotine withdrawal, is to be sick to your stomach from a remedy)

-ginger (this relieves nausea, so i would take it in conjunction with Lobelia, if you're even gonna take Lobelia in the first place)

-anti-oxidants such as grapeseed extract, alpha lipoic acid,
coenyzme Q-10 for lung tissue repair

and last but not least,

-vitamin E to repair cell damage.

i would also add methyl B-12 to repair nerve damage.

tanning:  early morning sunshine, from 7am - 10 am, is generally safe.  also, late afternoon sunshine, from 5pm - till sunset, is generally safe.  sunshine is good for you but mid day sun will damage your skin and mutate the cells, potentially causing skin cancers later.  so if you have to be out in the middle of the day, use precautions like a hat and sunglasses.  try to use a healthy alternative sunscreen, cause some of the ingredients in normal sunscreen are pretty iffy.

upset stomach: lactobacillus acidophilus

yeast infection: lactobacillus acidophilus.  PLAIN yogurt with active yogurt cultures. particularly helpful is to apply such yogurt to yeast infections of the skin in the groin area.  do not use vaginally.

if you're especially sick or have generally poor health, do these things gradually, with as little shock to your system as possible. for example, if you have extremely sensitive skin, don't use full strength lemon juice on the spots. dilute it heavily.  it will take more time to see results, but that's okay cause you don't want to make matters worse or create new problems while trying to fix old ones.  if you have a sluggish, slow moving body system, you should not shock it by sudden, dramatic changes.  be gentle. 

this is what i use for my diabetes and related symptoms ( i don't take insulin)

chromium picolinate and alpha lipoic acid for blood sugar balance. 
methyl b-12 for diabetic neuropathy.
co q-10 (coenyzme q-10) for kidneys.

warning:  if the person with the diabetes has advanced diabetic  neuropathy, there's a good chance their bones, tendons, and muscles will be mangled in their feet, for example.  regenerating nerves in those areas by taking methyl b-12, would result in excruiating pain.  as a result, i wouldn't suggest such a person take methyl b-12, because it will regenerate the dead nerves to those areas and that could be very bad if their bones are misplaced and etc.  always good to make sure the feet would otherwise work fine if the nerves were healed, before healing the nerves.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:27:33 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
Re: undo's healthy research
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:05 am »
Hey Undo could you expand on this bit ?

exercise: before doing any strenuous exercise, you might want to consider taking some alka seltzer about 30 minutes prior, to keep the production of pain inducing lactic acid from building up in your muscles.

I would like know what that is as it sounds performance enhancing, but at the same time without looking it up it sounds like some product!

I'm on a mission of late to regain my fitness back to the time when I could blast out a 31:52 for a 8km run and come 8th in a race amongst 800 peeps. its been a few  ERRR years since I ran that time, but with knowing much more about diet now then what I did then I think diet can overcome age ;)

Yeah so lactic Acid removal ?  How me do ?   ;D

All the best Beth!

Soma :)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:37:21 am »
well one day i was having a nutrition discussion with a female karate champion for the state of florida. she confided to me that she was able to keep lactic acid burn from being painful, by ingesting alka seltzer about 30 minutes prior to doing her workouts.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58:03 am »
Ahh sweet thanks Undo!

Interesting info in the wiki link.  Right now we have Tour Down Under going on which is a Pro Bike race. What I find interesting in relation to what you mentioned and those guys riding is that they are eating loads of bananas and Coca Cola so I hear.  Getting their carbs in a most unusual way, and one I would not subscribe to but interesting all the same :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alka-Seltzer

So I wonder if the carbonation in coke helps the uptake of the goody's in Banana's ?  :o

sky otter

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05:16 am »

Undo
great info and thanks for sharing..it seems you took the hard way to expand your knowledge natural has been my call for as long as i can remember

i have two questions for ya..if you don't mind

1. would it be alright with you for others to add their natural info of what they have tried?

and

2. do you have any thoughts on the mind being involved  and the psycholology of certain body parts telling a story
i.e. Louise Hay ..
Acne   possible cause:            not accepting the self. dislike of self
           new thought pattern:  I am divine expression of life.   i love and accept myself
                                               where i am right now.

8)

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:34:33 pm »
Hmmm yeah Otter you have a point  :-[

Sorry Undo if i may have seemed to be getting in on this thread mate!

Taught me a LOT in relation to Bubbles and Nutrition though ;)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 03:10:36 pm »

Undo
great info and thanks for sharing..it seems you took the hard way to expand your knowledge natural has been my call for as long as i can remember

i have two questions for ya..if you don't mind

1. would it be alright with you for others to add their natural info of what they have tried?

and

2. do you have any thoughts on the mind being involved  and the psycholology of certain body parts telling a story
i.e. Louise Hay ..
Acne   possible cause:            not accepting the self. dislike of self
           new thought pattern:  I am divine expression of life.   i love and accept myself
                                               where i am right now.

8)

sure. have at it :D
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 11:38:36 am »
This recipe is from my Raw Vegan Research and it makes a bit more than a little sense!

Date-o-Rade  instead of Gatorade!

20 Dates and a Liter of Water (roughly a half gallon of water for all you State side)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0haX05D86s[/youtube]

Did a 23 min 4km run tonight which is my baseline now for getting fit again and losing the beer belly. Quite impressed with my time considering I've smoked like steamer and drank like a sailor for the last 6 odd years with bouts of course of being dedicated to other activities in between.  Still Crap though...

Redbull and Sports drinks are great for Sport, but heck a Datorade sounds Deeelish :D

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:20 pm »
I saw this posted on Urban Survival Yesterday

http://www.worldhealth.net/13/

Goals & Methods:

To demonstrate in an undeniable way, with full scientific documentation, the reversal of human aging.
To reduce the objective, measurable biomarkers of aging in twenty (20) sexagenarian and septuagenarian human subjects (ages 60 to 70 years), by twenty years each, for a minimum of five (5) years. Setting is a controlled inpatient experimental residential facility.
To document the validity and safety of the full range of anti-aging therapeutics – including but not limited to: hormones, pharmaceuticals, cytokine stimulation, nutraceutical supplementation, parental nutrition, chelation therapies, optimum diet, exercise, and physical therapy.

Didn't Lance Armstrong do all that??? 

EDIT  and look where that got Him among a landscape of professional sport cheater's, be that cycling or any sport that requires optimal performance  :P

Somehow perception is pretty screwed up in Couch Potato's  :D

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:03:43 pm by Somamech »

sky otter

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:47:55 pm »

hey Soma have you come across this guy before?
just caught the end of his thing on dr. oz (right before the weather)

very interesting
by the name of eric pearl ..but all of the links on google are dead..wierd

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFxKiwKvYA[/youtube]

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »
i'll add this to the list in the op

high cholesterol:  increase your HDL *high density lipoproteins, and decrease your LDL *low density lipoproteins.  one way to do this is by eating foods high in HDL, such as fish (sardines, salmon, halibut.  some shellfish also but i don't suggest it because they eat garbage off the bottom of bodies of water).  might want to get the fish from a fish lake farm company, rather than sea farming company because of fukushima ), olives, olive oil, avocados, avocado oil, cod liver oil, flaxseed, tofu, omega-3 fatty acids supplements.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:20:48 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!

sky otter

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 07:44:04 pm »

i just sat thur the hour and 15 minutes of the you tube posted above...

it's great... i hope you can sit thur it.. the last  few minutes are the best for anyone who has
paid money for any energy healing methods...if you don't laugh..well figure it out

i don't believe in accidents and just grabbed this vid ... .HAH

it's all you'll ever need to know ~ on more levels than healing...just listen

thanks
 ;D

thought i should come back to add that if you are thinking of having the meridians run on your body that they are directional..yin and yang
running opposite of the flow weakens
and there is an order to the 12 main ones
just sayin
 8)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:42:11 pm by sky otter »

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07:28 pm »
Undo,

Really enjoying your thread, just reading it make me feel younger!
 ;)

i'll add this to the list in the op

high cholesterol:  increase your HDL *high density lipoproteins, and decrease your LDL *low density lipoproteins.  one way to do this is by eating foods high in HDL, such as ....olives, olive oil, avocados, avocado oil, cod liver oil, flaxseed, tofu...

Yum yum yum! I use olive oil for most of the cooking, and my HDL level is "desirable" according to my last test.

One word of caution, sometimes the farmed fish is not good, as they
sometimes feed them dog food, and this sometimes is from china with toxic yuk.

Go for salmon that is wild caught, from a company you know and trust.

Oh, and the tofu, make sure its not processed with hexane

http://organaholic.com/2011/04/25/how-to-tell-which-soy-products-contain-neurotoxins/

"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 06:03:36 am »
Acid/base ratio.
Calcium/phosphorous ratio.
Sodium/potassium ratio.
Blood sugar.
Removing pre-existing toxicity; heavy metals and such.

The above are the five main things you need to take care of.

Heal Yourself 101. - Markus Rothkranz' book.  Markus is 50, and looks 35.

The Alchemycal Pages - Information on yin/yang theory and the macrobiotic diet.  The author is a bit dogmatic, but it seems to be very good information.

[youtube]9cMOKTlBlDk[/youtube]

The above movie is The Beautiful Truth; it's a film about the life and philosophy of Max Gerson, a man who cured a large number of different diseases, including cancer, via a number of different strategies, which primarily center around the consumption of apple, carrot, and celery juice.

Also, yes; this works.  All of it does.  I really have no excuse.  I had fish and chips for dinner earlier tonight.  I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing in dietary terms; I just don't want to, because I enjoy junk food too much.  I should be living on green tea, vegetable juice as described above, and solid food only consisting of rice, some vegetables, and seaweed.

Although in my defense, I've cut out fruit juice completely, and Coke is down to 500 ml-one litre a day.  I'm primarily drinking green or herbal tea now.  So step by step, I guess.  I'm also eating primarily vegetables 2-3 days in a row.  I'll get there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:11:35 am by petrus4 »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 04:19:36 pm »
high cholesterol:  increase your HDL *high density lipoproteins, and decrease your LDL *low density lipoproteins.  one way to do this is by eating foods high in HDL, such as fish (sardines, salmon, halibut.
I don't remember if I already told this story here (I guess I'm getting old ;D ), but my father knew a guy that came to Portugal because the doctor told him that the best of getting his health back after being freed from a concentration camp in Germany was to eat raw sardines, and the best ones were from Portugal.

He came to Portugal, started a small business (that later turned into the biggest of its field in Portugal) selling socks and lived until he was more than 80 years old.

Two things we use frequently in our food is olive oil and garlic, that's why some people say that the Mediterranean traditional diet (the Portuguese is a little different) is very healthy.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56