collapse

Author Topic: Attacking the Messenger  (Read 20550 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Tickling the Messenger
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 02:51:10 pm »
Get out of the cities, Amy.  I see videos on YouTube about abandoned towns in America, all the time.  There are empty houses, and there is wood and other materials free for the taking.  The very earth itself contains numerous materials that you can build things with.

The woods are calling.

The problem with that is that the people who most have need of abandoned property are just too LAZY to do the work required to fix it up.

The laws in MOST states are such that if a property is abandoned for a length of time you can sqaut on it and after a certain amount of time you can file a claim of possession

If say you a rentor... leaves your car or trailer abandoned on my property after 90 days I can go to the DMV file an affidavit and get a legal title to the car for $45.00

In Florida a man squatted in a million dollar abandoned house. He used the law... he won despite the neighbors pissed off at him for getting a free house.. Courts ruled in his favor...  Now he did keep up and repair the place and he does now need to pay the taxes but it is his free and clear

But the people that live at the bottom of the food chain do not have the wherewithal to get up and fix things  so they let their kids swim in the trash they toss into their own drinking water  and then complain how the government is doing nothing 

Look at the shanty towns around the world... Total filth... There is no need for this  The Pioneers had nothing when they moved west. They cut trees and built cabins for FREE with only there sweat as payment (and having to fight of bandits and Natives. They had dirt floors but they kept them CLEAN

There are abandoned castles all over the world... You could form a group and move in... Romania has LOTS of them  and the government will even help you settle in

But the freeloaders and useless eaters do not have the will TO DO work TO MAKE IT HAPPEN  and that is why there are so many abandoned places
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:35:22 am by Amaterasu »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 02:58:02 pm »
Even though, at 60, and spending My life in pain, working 30+ YEARS like that, that now I am DISABLED, with thumbs shot, hunting/pecking on My computer with My fingers, I am being told there is something wrong with Me for not flipping burgers!

Well there are many here who are in constant pain and have disabilities.  If you are that disabled why have you not applied for Disability at Social Services?  A friend of mine on Facebook slipped and fell on icy stairs in Kansas City and lost the use of her arm... She just got her SS Disability at 900.00 a month plus a retroactive check dated to last January when the accident happened

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:35:45 am by Amaterasu »

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 04:32:46 pm »
I have chronic back pain and shoulder pain.  I'm not a quadriplegic and wheelchair bound, so I still work.

Shasta
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:36:05 am by Amaterasu »
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 02:22:18 am »
The problem with that is that the people who most have need of abandoned property are just too LAZY to do the work required to fix it up.

I probably wouldn't fix many of the ones I've seen up, in terms of making them look the way they did originally.  I could see myself ripping out the walls between the frame beams, and then literally just tying tarps between them, depending on which part of the house it is.  For the outer walls I'd put in something stronger obviously, but not for internal partitions.

You might call that lazy, but I say that plaster actually isn't as strong, and is also harder to replace when it inevitably starts to get wrecked.  If I tie a tarp up and make it taut, then if it gets ripped I can simply untie it and tie a new one in.  If I know it doesn't need to be waterproof, then I can also use other fabrics.  If they get dirty, untie, put in another while washing, then put the original one back when it's clean.

Building a decent shelter doesn't have to be difficult, though.

I'm not that great physically, but I could do this.  I'd just work slowly, perhaps; but I could get it done.  One of the main things that stopped me from trying anything for too long was the fact that I am slow, and most of the people I've known have had the attitude that if you can't do everything in 30 seconds, then you are supposedly useless and just should not try at all.

Ironically I became more productive in Nimbin than I've ever been in my life before that, because I learned how to pace myself.  Work for a few hours, stop, maybe eat, smoke a few cones, then work a few hours etc.

The laws in MOST states are such that if a property is abandoned for a length of time you can sqaut on it and after a certain amount of time you can file a claim of possession

I don't think Australian squatting law is that good, unfortunately.  We have lots of Chinese people apparently buying property here and then leaving it empty while they stay in the old country.  I don't really understand why they would do that, since they don't seem to have anyone renting either, in many cases.

Then again, my attitude has always been that the law is only as binding as the ability to practically enforce it.  If I want to squat and the cops don't catch me, then I don't need to care what they think.  Keep my computer portable, stay mobile; maybe have a tent but take advantage of an old basement if I find it, etc.  I don't know how many abandoned places there are in Australia, but it looks as though there are some.  I know there are some old mining towns in Victoria at least, but getting to them could be tricky.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:36:22 am by Amaterasu »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 07:32:45 am »
People work tirelessly on robots?  LOL!  PLENTY of People would LOVE to do that.  And robots will work on robots.  It's not as if some People will be slaves to create robots so the rest can live comfortably.  Wow.  Just wow.  We ALL will live comfortably, able to do what We love to do.  But I guess it's better Now, with huge swaths of People living in abject poverty, working jobs They HATE, making the Few at the top VERY rich.  With the bulk of OUR planet's wealth flowing to Them.  Yeah.  FAR better Now than what We CAN create.  Children dying of starvation is a good thing.  I guess.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:36:40 am by Amaterasu »
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:27 am »
But I guess it's better Now, with huge swaths of People living in abject poverty, working jobs They HATE, making the Few at the top VERY rich.
What we have now it's not better than your dream, but it's real, while you dream it's just that, a dream.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:37:02 am by Amaterasu »

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2017, 09:23:00 am »
Yes a very small box with a huge ego crammed inside

8)

One other thing I will mention, is that we all have our own ways of obtaining narcissistic supply and a sense of power over others, Zorgon.  Yours is to pretend to be a king.  Mine and Amy's are something else.  I am not making value judgements about either one here, either; because most people would probably find both abhorrent, while of course neglecting to mention what their control drama of choice is.

It is what it is.  Attacking each other for egotism is pointless and almost always hypocritical, since in this day and age, none of us are immune.  We are all narcissists.  We all want to see ourselves as the stars or heroes or saviours of our own personal universes.  I want it, you want it, Amy wants it.

Your fantasy, as I said, is monarchy.  Mine while I was playing World of Warcraft, was (and to a certain extent still is) to be an archetypical cross between Thomas Jefferson and the Nepalese Gurkhas, yet if you saw me in real life, you'd know what a bad joke that idea is.  I play that character here, though, and you've all seen me doing it.  Mirshalak is my Batman.

The person behind my Orcish mask is someone who most of you would view with contempt.  Terrified, vulnerable, and routinely sees himself as helpless and powerless.  He would be willing to do nothing other than sit in front of a computer, night after night until 5 in the morning, in a bedroom at his mother's house, continually gaining weight until he died, alone.  With my mask on, however, I am a libertarian, survivalist, and shaman of Kali Ma; and I've even had some offline bleed through while in Nimbin, where the results, although positive, have at times been a little scary.

Amy's fantasy is similar to Jacque Fresco's; to get a group of people together and create a Utopian society, and to be remembered historically as the saviour of the planet.  It's a beautiful dream, and I can't hold it against her, because the consequences would genuinely be glorious if it was to occur.

I think one challenge that Amy possibly does have, however, is to realise that to a certain extent, these fantasies need to remain exactly that.  At the end of the day, Zorgon isn't really a king, and I am a very, very long way from physically being a nine foot Orc who fights people with a bow and dual wielding kukris.  I suspect that sadly, Amy isn't going to end up being the herald of the Abundance Paradigm, either.

Yet as some of us know, the quantum barrier can be a porous thing; and there can be bleedthrough into offline reality.  I can counsel, feed people, and heal, and Zorgon can roleplay with the group of people who have consented to that.  While accepting that it isn't going to be completely real, Amy can continue to find ways to subtlely inspire people, in terms of what is possible.

And who knows?  Maybe in our next births, Zorgon will be a medieval King, Amy will reincarnate as Izzy, and I will find myself on Draenor.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:37:16 am by Amaterasu »
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 11:54:33 am »

Greetings petrus4:

Thank you for that eloquent presentation.

I always find your way of writing from the heart inspiring.   8)

With great respect
thorfourwinds/rabunopsec
Peace Love Light
Hec'el oinipikte (that we may live)
Mni Wiconi, Water Is Life
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:37:35 am by Amaterasu »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 06:19:41 am »
What we have now it's not better than your dream, but it's real, while you dream it's just that, a dream.

No, it is not a dream, ArMaP.  It is a challenge.  When enough of Us are consenting to doing it better, We WILL create better here.

EDIT to add:  Let Me ask You...  Do You think We should just throw up Our hands and accept what is Now, or work towards co-creating better?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:37:54 am by Amaterasu »
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 06:34:55 am »
One other thing I will mention, is that we all have our own ways of obtaining narcissistic supply and a sense of power over others, Zorgon.  Yours is to pretend to be a king.  Mine and Amy's are something else.  I am not making value judgements about either one here, either; because most people would probably find both abhorrent, while of course neglecting to mention what their control drama of choice is.

Hmmmm.  Interesting that You should suggest this of Me, petrus...  "Narcissistic?"  Power over Others?  Frankly, I have NO desire to have power over Others.  I only wish for enough of Us who want to co-create better here on Our planet.  What I really want is to live comfortably, doing things I love to do, with the ability to travel.  I am driven to do what I can such that EVERYONE has that freedom.  Do I LIKE what I do to bring about the efforts of Many towards the creation of a better place for all of Us?  No.  But if I let it go, there would be little point to My life, and My daughter will grow up in a police state, controlled, enslaved world.  In truth, I want most that My daughter have freedom.

As for "narcissism..."  I have said many times before, and will say again:  if anyOne wants to take My work and put Their name to it, sharing it and working towards the goals, I don't care!  In fact, if the efforts are made and the betterment built, and MY name vanishes from the minds of All, I will be THRILLED!  I want this for Humanity and mostly for My daughter, irrespective of ME.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:38:08 am by Amaterasu »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 07:51:34 am »
No, it is not a dream, ArMaP.  It is a challenge.
It's a dream because it's based on things we do not have.

When enough of Us are consenting to doing it better, We WILL create better here.
Consent is irrelevant, actions is what counts.

Let Me ask You...  Do You think We should just throw up Our hands and accept what is Now, or work towards co-creating better?
Typical. Do you think that your option is the only one, so it's either that or nothing?

No, I don't think we should accept things as they are, as I just don't see talking about things we cannot do today as a solution. Also, even if it was based on things we have, one thing is having an idea, the other thing is having a plan, and you only have an idea.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:38:24 am by Amaterasu »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 08:07:02 am »
It's a dream because it's based on things we do not have.

Like what?  Robots?  The interweb?  Or free energy?  We do have all three - some of Us have free energy, but keep it well hidden and suppressed.  So...  What don't We have?

Consent is irrelevant, actions is what counts.

Wrong, in that consent is EVERYTHING, which then leads to actions.  When We smile at the state bullies Most call "police," and do NOT create controversy by refusing Their offer to make Us subject to Them, but make the counter offer to be happy to be subject IF They prove We are subject (having withdrawn consent, there is NO proof), in enough numbers, They will have no power.  Yes, the brave Ones who initially do this are likely to be bullied anyway.  But again...  When enough of Us are doing this, They will have no power.

Typical. Do you think that your option is the only one, so it's either that or nothing?

LOL!  No...  Not the only one - just the BEST one in the end.  Anything that retains money or top-down controlmind WILL promote psychopaths to power.  That is the nature of such tools.  "Typical..."  Pffft.

No, I don't think we should accept things as they are, as I just don't see talking about things we cannot do today as a solution. Also, even if it was based on things we have, one thing is having an idea, the other thing is having a plan, and you only have an idea.

Given that I developed a better system, I cannot call THAT "just talking."  Given that I have withdrawn My consent, I cannot call that "just talking."  Given that I cannot do it by Myself alone, and must offer the ideas to Others to consider, what tool do YOU suggest I use to share awareness so that Others can choose whether or not to help co-create, other than "just talking?"

And the plan is to share awareness to the tipping point such that We all are aware of the options I offer, and can choose based on them.  When enough of Us are aware that We CAN create better on Our planet, We WILL.  What other plan might You suggest?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:38:39 am by Amaterasu »

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 08:36:17 am »
Hmmmm.  Interesting that You should suggest this of Me, petrus...

I accused everyone of it, Amy.  Including me, including you.  No one is immune; at least no one living in our society, in the current time.  Some of us have better control of it than others, and some of us try and channel it towards objectives that are genuinely noble or beautiful, as I noted; but that doesn't mean, in any case, that it isn't there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:38:54 am by Amaterasu »
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:39:10 am by Amaterasu »
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 10:39:39 am »
I accused everyone of it, Amy.  Including me, including you.  No one is immune; at least no one living in our society, in the current time.  Some of us have better control of it than others, and some of us try and channel it towards objectives that are genuinely noble or beautiful, as I noted; but that doesn't mean, in any case, that it isn't there.

I guess.  [shrug]  I have never noticed a desire to either hold power over anOther - in fact I delight in allowing Others the freedom to make Their own choices within the confines of Ethics only - or be "famous."  I really would be quite happy being unknown if this world were functioning well for most everyOne.  I look forward to the day I can go off and do My own thing without having to worry about how I will sustain My survival, and hope to be left alone.  Fame does not attract Me.  As I said, if I did not feel so strongly that I must, knowing what I know, do My very best to create better here, I would not put forth the effort.  It hurts to type.  It hurts to sit.  It hurts to mouse.  But it would hurt My heart to give up, and THAT I cannot stand.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:39:26 am by Amaterasu »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]