collapse

Author Topic: FUKUSHIMA Unit 4 is SINKING, danger of collapse!  (Read 13397 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: FUKUSHIMA Unit 4 is SINKING, danger of collapse!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 03:52:09 pm »
Ama, I believe Z was making a simple statement, not a dig: we are all bit by the money bug right now;

No it WAS a 'dig' :P Afterall she said she was interested in that 'Dream" i mentioned... and THAT is one big money bite :D

I would like to get a decent survey meter also, but the funds aren't there; I do believe we as a group do need to check levels daily wherever we are; Fukin shima is not going to go away, has been a total disaster since the first rumble of the quake, nothing but lies and deceit fed to everyone...

I was going to get one just before FukU Shima hit literally a week before I was looking at it. Only $90.00 back then. Then suddenly they went through the roof and people paid $350.00 for a $10.00 Iodide pill bottler on Ebay causing a shortage for people who really needed them.

Just shows what human nature will do unleashed.  :D

Now with the continued scare that same meter is $450 to $600  So much for 'help thy fellow man' :P And its not only corporations... every Tom, Dick and Mary Jane doing it on Ebay to make a fast buck

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »
Fruitbat, how can we check our personal radiation levels daily..is there a cheap sensor or badge we can pick up..you know I never thought about getting a sensor or any type of device to measure the radiation around me...good idea IMHO.

Radiation badges used by all atomic workers.

When it is over exposed you will know you are in trouble :D

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 04:15:58 pm »
Those badges are cool Zorgon....I wonder if they adjusted the amount it takes to change them since fukushima?
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Fruitbat

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 04:17:11 pm »
I REALLY like that orange one zorgon.

Can I recommend that every one consider the concept of "cumulative accumulated dose"?

This means that a counter with an analog meter is all but useless for anything but telling you what you are gettting right at the time you are using it. In my experience the increases are acute short term excursions lasting for a couple of days or so followed by a gradual return to the previous levels. You want your counter to be logging over time.

The best bargain no doubt is the one I posted that you need to put into a box, it's got most of the functionality of zorgons lovely 500$ orange machine but at a fith of the price and one fiftieth of the aesthetic appeal.

Be aware of the pitfalls though. When I measured back in 1986 the results of a little (never publically known) nuclear incident, all it really did for me was make me aware of a situation that was dire and over which I had no control. Owning a geiger counter isn't going to make you happy, particularly in the US if spent fuel pool four drains and catches fire whilst the puddle of melted isotopes is going "prompt critical".

What will you be able to do for yourself apart from die quietly?

Even if all goes right, they cannot actually remove the fuel from spent fuel pool four because currently there is not a robot in existence that can tolerate the radiation. It's a fukin'shambles is what it is, and the japanese are now backtracking on their original wise and sensible decision to shutter their nuclear program, and stockpiling plutonium!! Total madness!!

Has any one ever stopped to look at some of these technologies? Especially the new proposals that are touted as being "safe". One design actually involves immersing the radioactive core in (tonnes of) Liquid Sodium!! Like that's going to go well... (just type "sodium" into you tube, and you'll quickly see that radiation and liquid sodium are a perfect match, IF you were trying to create the most efficient way of irradiating a biosphere...

Wow, I really do rant about this don't I?

I just hate the powerlessness because it's such a big issue and no-one seems to have a clue, except a bunch of lying cheating bastards who seem hell bent on killing us all for money..

Have a look about the internet LE you'll quickly find that people have already organised a global person based radiation metering project, and the mapping and software has already been done for you. The arduino based counters are ideal for the task with only a slight bit of technical learning as far as I can tell, and now I got a tube I'll build mine and maybe get connected up to that wordwide community.

I am told that it can be quite instructive to measure your old engine airfilters... At least under the NWO ideal of ONE world order, with one banking system one currency and one law system, it should be eventually possible to sue someone, and if one has amassed a collection of the most contaminated airfilters one can find, over the next few years, it should be possible to frig them up using the NWO legal system itself, and coin a fair bit into the bargain. 

If life gives you lemons...

FB.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »
Ama, I believe Z was making a simple statement, not a dig: we are all bit by the money bug right now; I would like to get a decent survey meter also, but the funds aren't there; I do believe we as a group do need to check levels daily wherever we are; Fukin shima is not going to go away, has been a total disaster since the first rumble of the quake, nothing but lies and deceit fed to everyone...

seeker

Sorry if that came off in any way defensively.  I was just explaining.  [smile]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »
I was going to get one just before FukU Shima hit literally a week before I was looking at it. Only $90.00 back then. Then suddenly they went through the roof and people paid $350.00 for a $10.00 Iodide pill bottler on Ebay causing a shortage for people who really needed them.

Just shows what human nature will do unleashed.  :D

Not "Human nature," per se, but Human behavior in the constraints of the scarcity paradigm.

Now with the continued scare that same meter is $450 to $600  So much for 'help thy fellow man' :P And its not only corporations... every Tom, Dick and Mary Jane doing it on Ebay to make a fast buck

Yup.  That need for exchange (money) twists People's behavior.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Fruitbat

THIS is like what I have but much more appealing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2012-April-SOEKS-DEFENDER-Dosimeter-Radiation-Detector-Geiger-Counter-/380436228517?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item5893c429a5

It also has a mains adapter so the batteries won't let you down.
At 220bux it's not completely unattainable for most of you and there is some warranty, in case you live long enough to need it...

IF you can devote a computer to it, and don't mind sourcing the tube seperately, (they are very cheap) this is a damn cheap option, but you'll only get "cumulative" if it's always connected to the running computer. But if you want to set up an online facility, this at 44$ plus 2.49$ for the tube is as cheap as I can find!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GQ-GMC080-Geiger-Counter-Kit-Nuclear-Radiation-detector-/110963195570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5ebfeb2

Shall I keep looking? eventually I'll find a good 75$ unit...

FB. (My counter is beeping quite a bit right now...)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »
Now youre talking, Fruitybat!

Good post!
When the microwave popcorn in the cupboard starts popping..get the hell outta there!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Fruitbat

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »

OK, I'm really quite unhappy now.
I'm getting 10x what I should be this evening. and the counting keeps getting faster.

Tomorrow I build a counter, and I sell it to the first person I can frighten enough to buy it, making as much profit as I can without losing the sale.
I'm going to repeat the process as fast as I can (Using my margin to increase production rate in a grim parody of the nuclear fuel cycle) Until someone cottons on and turns the bloody things off and starts clearing up the mess.

I've had ENOUGH now. LE, build that FE generator please, and if you don't mind, be quick about it!
I'm off to bed.

FB!

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 01:40:22 am »
So the readings are getting higher in UK and US, so they have to be real high in neighbouring countries of Japan.

I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Fruitbat

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:21 am »
Draw a stright line between fukushima and the UK, since the wind goes via the US, go through the US in the direction of the UK.

Radio nucleides are relatively heavy and they fall out of the sky with time.
it takes time for the air to get to the UK, going via the US first.
I'm measuring peaks of 10x background, in the UK after the plume has passed over the full landmass of the usa...

Can anyone see where I am going with this line of deduction?

Incidentally it was very foggy when I was measuring peak "rads" last night.
It was very quiet this morining but has increased throughout the afternoon again.
I measure indoors except when I go out with the device in my pocket.

FB!

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »
Draw a stright line between fukushima and the UK, since the wind goes via the US, go through the US in the direction of the UK.

Radio nucleides are relatively heavy and they fall out of the sky with time.
it takes time for the air to get to the UK, going via the US first.
I'm measuring peaks of 10x background, in the UK after the plume has passed over the full landmass of the usa...

Can anyone see where I am going with this line of deduction?

Incidentally it was very foggy when I was measuring peak "rads" last night.
It was very quiet this morining but has increased throughout the afternoon again.
I measure indoors except when I go out with the device in my pocket.

FB!
Yes, it is easy to see your point, FB; the jet stream carries the particles 'round the world; makes one ponder about all the hoopla about D.U.M.B.s the last several years...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]