collapse

Author Topic: Online Petitions to the Government  (Read 9426 times)

sky otter

Online Petitions to the Government
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:37:29 pm »
ok.. i will give this a try..i am finding this white on black difficult on the old eyeballs
and i hope i'm not messing any thing up with copying the entire post..but the link is attached..

Kevin Underhill, Contributor
I write legal humor. Seriously.

9/26/2011 @ 2:37AM |1,603 views
Online Petitions at Whitehouse.gov Call for Legalizing Drugs, Abolishing TSA, Talking to Aliens

Last week, the White House added an online-petition feature to its official website, as part of the Administration’s commitment to devoting slightly more effort to making this appear to be a democracy than the previous guy did. “We the People” allows anyone to create a petition (well, not anyone) and promises that if you can get 5,000 signatures within 30 days, the White House will review and respond to the petition “in a timely fashion.”

About 60 petitions are currently active. (Petitions don’t become searchable on the site unless you can get 150 signatures to start with, so there could be others below that threshold.) I learned about this because one of the petitions calls for abolishing the TSA, but there are a number of other interesting petitions as well.

The petition to abolish the TSA (full title: “Abolish the TSA, and use its monstrous budget to fund more sophisticated, less intrusive counter-terrorism intelligence”) was created on Thursday, September 22, and had already collected 20,625 signatures as of Sunday night. You should go sign it too. (If you’re worried about the government collecting your information and putting it on The List, I wouldn’t worry – I’m sure they already have what they need.)

Only one thing is more important than getting rid of the TSA, judging by the number of signatures: legalizing marijuana. That petition, created the same day, currently has 34,879 supporters. That doesn’t tell the full story, though, because there are other petitions aimed at basically the same result. Three call for changing relevant federal laws, two more ask the feds to stop interfering with state legalization efforts, and one cries out for the government to “Allow Industrial Hemp to be Grown in the U.S. Once Again,” which I’m told is not the same thing. Still, at least ten percent of the current active petitions are aimed at legalizing pot, so it’s clearly a popular issue.

What else are people concerned about?
  • There are another two petitions with about 13,000 signatures (including mine) asking for an end to the Patriot Act. But since Obama just extended for yet another year the “National Emergency With Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks,” namely the ones that happened a decade ago, I wouldn’t expect him to get to this one in a “timely fashion.”
  • Over 17,000 people are calling for an investigation into the prosecution of Sholom Rubashkin, which I frankly knew nothing about but seems to have involved a 27-year sentence for a first offense in a case of white-collar crime.
  • Over 10,000 people have asked the Patent Office “to cease issuing software patents,” which has been an issue lately but seems like a surprising topic for a mass movement.
  • Not at all surprising, though, is that thousands of people also want Obama to “formally acknowledge” that the government has been communicating with extraterrestrial beings. Others want Scientology investigated, which I think is more or less the same thing.
  • The “acknowledge the aliens” petition is just behind one calling for the legalization of online poker. I’m not really sure what that says, if anything.
  • Currently ahead of petitions on nuclear policy and the labeling of genetically modified foods is a petition demanding that Casey Anthony be tried in federal court for lying. “If any case in our lifetime cries out for prosecution by the Federal Government [sic] it is this one,” the petition says. Really? Not war criminals or people who trashed the banking system? Well, whatever you say.
  • Somebody wants to get rid of pennies and nickels.
  • Other people just want to jump off things on federal property.
  • The only jokester petition so far is the one asking the Administration to “Aid the Lunar Revolution in overthrowing the oppressive Celestian regime in Equestria.” I wouldn’t be surprised, though, to find out we’re already bombing Equestria.

Some of these look like they were submitted by regular people, and others seem more likely to be the work of professional activists. Then there’s the one that asks the President to “Allow Seriously Backlogged EB2/EB3 Beneficiaries with Their I-140 Approved to File I-485 and Apply for EAD & AP.” Whoever created that one is in serious need of a public-relations coach, since the goal (it has to do with immigration policy) is a reasonable one but the title is not likely to get anybody too enthused.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinunderhill/2011/09/26/online-petitions-at-whitehouse-gov/

see your gov really does want to answer questions....

pssssst.. and i have a bridge i can let you have real cheap-like

forgot this other link..sorry

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/22/white-house-we-the-people_n_976906.html

Jason Linkins

New White House 'We The People' Petition Portal Launched, With Predictable Results

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:08:10 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Online Petitions to the Government
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:12:51 am »
Great post :D

As to the white on black text... most of us here are used to that from ATS and Open Minds forum. In the future there will be a couple options to choose from, like the 'default' forum. But at the moment it has been a nightmare just getting this theme skin to work without bug. Even changing one color on a block is difficult until we get a php programmer on staff. There are over 4000 style sheets to look at and if you make the wrong change you can do serious damage

You can use Ctrl + keys to enlarge the view (Ctrl - zooms out) The pages will auto adjust accordingly

I also agree with your assesment... the restrictions are so high it will be next to impossible to get the word out to collect 25,000 names in 30 days..

This is just another smoke screen... trying to make Obama appear to be the man of the people

::)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:17:22 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:56 am »
We The People is Live!

Welcome to We the People on WhiteHouse.gov. This tool provides you with a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/

"When I ran for this office, I pledged to make government more open and accountable to its citizens. That’s what the new We the People feature on WhiteHouse.gov is all about – giving Americans a direct line to the White House on the issues and concerns that matter most to them.”
– President Barack Obama

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/

Online Petitions at Whitehouse.gov
Call for Legalizing Drugs, Abolishing TSA, Talking to Aliens

Last week, the White House added an online-petition feature to its official website, as part of the Administration’s commitment to devoting slightly more effort to making this appear to be a democracy than the previous guy did. “We the People” allows anyone to create a petition (well, not anyone) and promises that if you can get 5,000 signatures within 30 days, the White House will review and respond to the petition “in a timely fashion.”

Online Petitions at Whitehouse.gov
Call for Legalizing Drugs, Abolishing TSA, Talking to Aliens

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:03 am »
Whitehouse Goes Youtube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcotOjqnVI[/youtube]

So if any members have started a petition at the White House, feel free to start a thread on it in this area.

8)

Down side is if you start a controversial topic at the White House... you have just given them your real name and address :D But hey that is just the conspiracy nut in me thinking :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:39 am »
Terms of Participation

Well you knew there would be a catch, right?

AS OF OCTOBER 3, 2011:

To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.

To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

Terms of Participation

Moderation Policy

Frequently Asked Questions

Recent Active Petitions

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »
Dear White House: Please Tell Us the Truth About E.T.
Petitioners Seek Everything From Boosting Raw Milk Sales to Legalizing Pot
OCTOBER 18, 2011

WASHINGTON—When the White House promised to answer citizen petitions on the most pressing problems of the day, it may not have had extraterrestrial life in mind.

More than 10,000 petitions have poured in since the new initiative was announced last month in a bid to bring government closer to the people. And issues like massive federal deficits, two wars and high unemployment don't appear to be on the people's minds.

One petition wants to legalize raw milk sales. Others seek to mandate the spaying and neutering of pets, abolish the Transportation Security Administration and "formally acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race."

The White House has promised that any petition meeting a threshold for a number of signatures—more than 50 so far have met it—will get an expedited hearing and an official policy response.

The first responses could come as early as Tuesday.

Well it seems people are not interetsed in the Federal Reserve, spending, war etc. Top on the list is legalizing Marijauna... Buying raw milk and the ET question...

Then there's Stephen Bassett, who wants to end the "truth embargo," or what he believes is the government's deliberate decision to withhold what it has long known about the existence of extraterrestrial life.

"The fact is that there is an extraterrestrial presence. I know this because I'm familiar with the research and a couple hundred government witnesses have come forward in the last couple years," he said. "Acknowledging this E.T. presence is about open government."

Mr. Phillips allows that some U.S. petitions submitted so far are a bit outside the White House agenda for America. "Some of these issues are going to be inconvenient," he said. He added that all these issues are important to someone and deserve a government response.

Asked which official or agency would tackle the E.T. question, Mr. Phillips said it would be decided at a meeting the next day. Asked after the meeting who drew the assignment, a spokesman said they wouldn't be commenting until the official response is ready.

What about that truth embargo? "You're going to have to wait," Mr. Phillips said.

"You're going to have to wait," Mr. Phillips said

:o

White House Answers

...in response to the petition to reveal the Truth about ET, here is the reply... (emailed to everyone who signed the petition)

So...

Is anyone surprised by that?  What a WASTE of taxpayers money  :'(
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:27:38 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:29 am »
Petition, UFOs, White House and Lies
A Rebuttal By Stanton Friedman

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when personnel of the Office of Science and Technology Policy of the Executive Office of the President at the New Executive Office Building in Washington , D.C., discussed how to respond to a petition about disclosing data on UFOs. I suspect that nobody brought up the enormous amount of information available indicating that not only are aliens visiting, but the US and other government have been withholding information for many decades. The response certainly indicates intentional lying and misrepresentation or total ignorance.

The petition, prepared and submitted by Steve Bassett’s Paradigm Research Group, went like this:

“We, the undersigned strongly urge the President of the United States to formally acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race and immediately release into the public domain all files from all agencies and military services relevant to this phenomenon”.

I, for one, was not one of more than 5000 persons signing the petition. My reason was straight forward. Having worked under security for 14 years and having researched the flying saucer phenomenon (certainly most UFOs are NOT alien flying saucers) for 53 years , I believe there is a very strong national security side to the question. I cannot see releasing technical data that could be of use to other countries also researching the phenomena and wanting to duplicate the extraordinary flying capabilities of the flying saucers… for military purposes

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/11/petition-ufos-white-house-and-lies.html

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:43:10 am »
Stanton makes a very valid point here -

...Having worked under security for 14 years and having researched the flying saucer phenomenon (certainly most UFOs are NOT alien flying saucers) for 53 years , I believe there is a very strong national security side to the question.

I cannot see releasing technical data that could be of use to other countries also researching the phenomena and wanting to duplicate the extraordinary flying capabilities of the flying saucers… for military purposes.

At this point in time it is not even clear that we are going to survive the nuclear proliferation mess that continues to spread to all parts of the globe.

This new technology represents the ability to commit acts of war in the blink of an eye.

You won't even see it coming.

At best you have time to think "what the..."

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 02:50:02 pm »
... I would add that having particle beam weapons based on gravity lensing would not be a good idea to have floating around either.

sky otter

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:39:41 pm »
  :)

UFO Hunters Keep Pressing White House For Answers Through 'We The People' Petitions

Thousands of people who believe in UFOs and think the U.S. government knows more than it admits were hoping for a breakthrough last month when they signed petitions on the "We The People" website. But they got what they've been getting for decades -- nothing.

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy announced on the site there was no evidence of alien life and "no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye."

But Ufologists -- those who study the various possibilities of unidentified flying objects -- aren't giving up.

Two new petitions have begun collecting signatures, but unlike the original petitions in October, which required 5,000 signatures before the White House must respond, the threshold is now 25,000.

Of course, there's always been a tense relationship between those who believe the truth about alien visitation is out there and the federal government. The UFO community claims the government has engaged in policies to debunk and ridicule eyewitnesses.

Despite that, the Obama administration is being challenged again to reveal UFO evidence

Stephen Bassett, author of the initial alien disclosure petition in September, now has a second petition up on "We The People" hoping to gather enough signatures by the Dec. 31 cutoff date.

"The second disclosure petition is intended to directly challenge the response to the first disclosure petition from the Office of Science and Technology Policy," Bassett, head of the Paradigm Research Group, told The Huffington Post in an e-mail.

"It names names and provides direct links to the documented history of the Rockefeller Initiative," Bassett added, referring to an effort in the 1990s by billionaire Laurance Rockefeller to get the Clinton administration to release UFO documents.

But what was it about the first petitions that didn't get the White House to respond in a more UFO-friendly manner? Some critics have complained about what they perceived as a UFO conspiracy attitude in the information requests.

"This is not something that government officials can possibly take seriously," Kean, author of the New York Times bestseller "UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go On the Record," told HuffPost.

"I know that from my years of experience in meeting and interviewing them, how to approach the government on this issue. First of all, clarity is incredibly important so they know exactly what you're talking about," Kean said.

Former nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman has spent 44 years lecturing and writing on the idea that some UFOs may be intelligently controlled extraterrestrial vehicles. He doesn't agree with the initial PRG petition that all UFO information should be released.

As the two new petitions begin to gather signatures, Bassett believes his request for information about the Rockefeller-Clinton connection will be the one that the government will have to respond to.

entire article here
http://main.aol.com/2011/12/06/new-round-of-ufo-white-house-fight_n_1133738.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XzGEO5Z8w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

you can sign up here:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petitions

we petition the obama administration to:
Demand a full congressional investigation of UFO/ET Disclosure efforts by the Clinton OSTP - the Rockefeller Initiative.
Disclosure Petition II

In response to the Disclosure Petition I, the OSTP stated, "The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race."

If true, what was the OSTP investigating from March 1993 to October 1996 in concert with billionaire and Clinton friend, Laurance Rockefeller?

Those who knew of and have not spoken publicly of this initiative include: Bill Clinton, Sec. of State Hillary Clinton, Obama transition co-chair John Podesta, Sec. of Defense Leon Panetta, Dr. John Gibbons, Albert Gore and Governor Bill Richardson.

See: www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/Rockefeller_Initiative_Documents.htm and www.presidentialufo.com/bill-clinton

Created: Dec 01, 2011
Issues: Government Reform, Science and Space Policy, Technology and Telecommunications
Learn about Petition Thresholds
It's up to you to build support for petitions you care about and gather more signatures. A petition must get 150 signatures in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse.gov.
Over time, we may need to adjust the petition signature thresholds, but we'll always let you know what the thresholds are.

Signatures needed by December 31, 2011 to reach goal of 25,000
22,996 Total signatures on this petition
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:39:03 pm by sky otter »

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 11:24:40 am »
3 more bits of evidence about the Cabal's coming crash:

1) Marijuana legalization, in one form or another, is moving along in the US.  This means big trouble for Big Pharma as people can grow their own and self medicate instead of buying prescription drugs. It also tends to cut budgets for prisons and law enforcement.

2) The Child Sexual Abuse scandal is now moving towards the leadership of Britain - who protected this monster of a human being (Savile)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-seize-vip-list-in-dawn-1546351

3) The recent debate about the "Trillion Dollar Coin" involving the White House, Congress and at least one Nobel prize winner should be a national disgrace. It plainly shows the desperation and abandonment of good sense in US government.  Anything goes as this sick 1% elite greedily hold on to power.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02:04 pm »
1) Marijuana legalization, in one form or another, is moving along in the US.  This means big trouble for Big Pharma as people can grow their own and self medicate instead of buying prescription drugs. It also tends to cut budgets for prisons and law enforcement.
I wonder what will happen when people find that marijuana isn't the panacea some people talk about. :)

2) The Child Sexual Abuse scandal is now moving towards the leadership of Britain - who protected this monster of a human being (Savile)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-seize-vip-list-in-dawn-1546351
I don't think that will lead to anything, for some reason this only was discussed after his death.

3) The recent debate about the "Trillion Dollar Coin" involving the White House, Congress and at least one Nobel prize winner should be a national disgrace. It plainly shows the desperation and abandonment of good sense in US government.  Anything goes as this sick 1% elite greedily hold on to power.
How does it show the "desperation and abandonment of good sense"? ???

And does mean that you equate the US government with the cabal?

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 06:53:31 pm »
I wonder what will happen when people find that marijuana isn't the panacea some people talk about. :)

What specifically is it that is being claimed that is untrue?
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »
What specifically is it that is being claimed that is untrue?
I don't really know, as I don't know the medical properties of marijuana, but I have seen people say that it cures almost everything, and I have yet to see any plant doing that or even close to it.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 09:53:57 pm »
I don't really know, as I don't know the medical properties of marijuana, but I have seen people say that it cures almost everything, and I have yet to see any plant doing that or even close to it.

Well, darlin', I'm here to tell You it's because no other plant is cannabis.  Study after study keeps coming out about its efficacy in treating a VERY long list of ailments from cancer to stress ("just wanting to get high" is really treating stress).

So whether You have seen other plants offer the same wide range of cures and treatments is irrelevant to the fact that cannabis DOES offer them.  [smile]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]