collapse

Author Topic: X5-class solar flare reaches earth March 8th  (Read 2438 times)

sky otter

X5-class solar flare reaches earth March 8th
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:44:35 pm »

http://www.spaceweather.com/

GEOMAGNETIC STORM UPDATE: A CME propelled toward Earth by yesterday's X5-class solar flare is expected to reach our planet on March 8th at 0625 UT (+/- 7 hr). Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, who prepared the CME's forecast track, say the impact could spark a strong-to-severe geomagnetic storm. Sky watchers at all latitudes should be alert for auroras. Aurora alerts: text, phone.

Mild geomagnetic activity is already underway, following a lesser CME impact on March 7th around 0400 UT. Shortly after the cloud arrived, a burst of Northern Lights appeared over the US-Canadian border. Shawn Malone photographed the display from the shores of Lake Superior:

.............................***************************.................................

MAJOR SOLAR FLARE (UPDATED): Big sunspot AR1429 has unleashed another major flare. This one is the strongest yet, an X5-class eruption on March 7th at 00:28 UT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme UV flash:

This eruption hurled a bright CME into space, shown here in a movie from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory. Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab estimate that the CME will reach Earth on March 8th at 0625 UT (+/- 7 hr), possibly triggering a strong-to-severe geomagnetic storm. An animated forecast track shows the progression of the fast-moving cloud.

The flare also accelerated energetic protons toward Earth, triggering an S3-class solar radiation storm, in progress. Such a storm is mainly a nuisance to satellites, causing  occasional reboots of onboard computers and adding noise to imaging systems.

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
Re: X5-class solar flare reaches earth March 8th
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:46 pm »
Wow... This is pretty scary.

I was reading (not saying I believe in all this but...) an article about remote viewing predictions about the solar flares issue and I would like to share with:

Remote Viewing Predictions

Last month, we had reported Remote viewers predicting catastrophic events 2012/2013 …back in 2008 some predictions were made by a team of the top, military trained “remote viewers”

And now, Major Ed Dames, former Defense Intelligence Agency, involved in ESP secret Programs on Remote Viewing operations reveal that NASA’s and our worst nightmare is real and our worst enemy is…The Sun! And its Kill Shot…

Full article here> http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/2012/03/07/former-dia-officer-reveal-and-confirm-the-worst-nasas-nightmare-the-coming-kill-shot/

[youtube]yKMlHzKmCQU[/youtube]

I prefer dont believe in any of this, but I think its always better when we can have more points of view about one issue. I like Gestalt psychology ;)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

sky otter

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:53:25 am »
hi Russo

wow that is some gloom and doom stuff.. ::)

i don't go to the gloom and doom..i prefer to use any info i can to make better
decisions on how i live..

are we going to get another (that one was 2003) nasty hit from the sun..sure
are we going to perish from it..i don't think so..but of course the more we live with
technology the harder hit it will be...
can we all go amish..lol..?

i have always felt i could handle anything that was thrown at me..but getting older
sucks cause i just can't get out of the way as fast as i used to..
but i'm not going to worry over it...somehow i know i will be just fine

i believe we have a hand in whatever happens and while no one wants to destroy the earth
there are a lot of folks out there yelling about things need to change
and with enough voices..it will happen
a solar flare could just make those changes, couldn't it..
before we can have a better world - whichever way you define it..
the old one has to go..

i have a friend who lives by the words..IT's All Good
 ;)

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:23:48 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xKRBkBBEP0[/youtube]

8) I hope to see some good Auroras tonight.

The Matrix Traveller

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 05:24:40 pm »
Today is the 9th of March, and this phenomena had absolutely NO affect on our Satellite Communications here.

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 07:14:56 am »
hi Russo

wow that is some gloom and doom stuff.. ::)

You can bet this is ;D

are we going to get another (that one was 2003) nasty hit from the sun..sure
are we going to perish from it..i don't think so..but of course the more we live with
technology the harder hit it will be...
can we all go amish..lol..?

Not perish, but Im afraid of what  this darkness might cause for the humanity.

Amish people will RULE this new society  ;D

...somehow i know i will be just fine

Well, this is what I expect too ;)

i believe we have a hand in whatever happens and while no one wants to destroy the earth
there are a lot of folks out there yelling about things need to change
and with enough voices..it will happen

I understand your believe and  I think we make the reality we want. But you need REALLY want this and work for it. What I cant take is when people wait for some sort o power that solve our problems. This is just sad.

a solar flare could just make those changes, couldn't it..
before we can have a better world - whichever way you define it..
the old one has to go..

Thats the problem. I dont know if the next one will be better than this. I mean, could be worst. Im sure there is people that have "plans" in case this happens. Powerfull people. What Im not sure is about their intentions. :o

i have a friend who lives by the words..IT's All Good
 ;)

Well, I like this quote:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
 Robert Frost
 :)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:46:17 pm by RUSSO »
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:58:50 am »
It was only an X5  :P  Just a little POOF   

Dec. 15, 2008
Solar Flare Surprise

The X9-class solar flare of Dec. 5, 2006, observed by the Solar X-Ray Imager aboard NOAA's GOES-13 satellite

Solar flares are the most powerful explosions in the solar system. Packing a punch equal to a hundred million hydrogen bombs, they obliterate everything in their immediate vicinity. Not a single atom should remain intact.

At least that's how it's supposed to work.

"We've detected a stream of perfectly intact hydrogen atoms shooting out of an X-class solar flare," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "What a surprise! These atoms could be telling us something new about what happens inside flares."

The event occurred on Dec. 5, 2006. A large sunspot rounded the sun's eastern limb and with little warning it exploded. On the "Richter scale" of flares, which ranks X1 as a big event, the blast registered X9, making it one of the strongest flares of the past 30 years.

NASA managers braced themselves. Such a ferocious blast usually produces a blizzard of high-energy particles dangerous to both satellites and astronauts. Indeed, moments after the explosion, radio emissions from a shock wave in the sun's atmosphere signaled that a swarm of particles was on its way.

An hour later they arrived. But they were not the particles researchers expected.

NASA's twin STEREO spacecraft made the discovery: "It was a burst of hydrogen atoms," says Mewaldt. "No other elements were present, not even helium (the sun's second most abundant atomic species). Pure hydrogen streamed past the spacecraft for a full 90 minutes."

Next came more than 30 minutes of quiet. The burst subsided and STEREO's particle counters returned to low levels. The event seemed to be over when a second wave of particles enveloped the spacecraft. These were the "broken atoms" that flares are supposed to produce—protons and heavier ions such as helium, oxygen and iron. "Better late than never," he says.

Solar Flare Surprise

That event was preceded by a Solar Tsunami when the sunspot first formed. Found the clip...

Ever Seen a Tsunami on the Sun? Or active sunspot?

[youtube]q7HZFjALk-8[/youtube]

Solar Tsunami

[youtube]kOM_ROx6gbo[/youtube]

The Sun is the source of light on the earth... we are beings of light.... why fear the light? :D  What you see below is the true nature of the FORCE

[youtube]hQyp9y_9s10[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:08:02 am by zorgon »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56