collapse

Author Topic: Alert: R&D Documents - "Treatment & Disposal Of Radioactive Waste At Fukushima"  (Read 14928 times)

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
  • A fantastic journey begins with curiosity
Thor, I guess I'm in the boat with you.  You know about my thread on Fukushima on the old OMF.  I'm not an expert either but I did have some Nuclear, biological and chemical training in an Army school back in the 70's.  I listened to some scientists and engineers regarding the Fukushima issue. (I still have the thread in PDF form).  Some people shot at me when I was trying to just bring out the message, but I kept putting out the information anyway.  I haven't gotten involved here because I didn't want to wiggle my way into your subject matter regarding Fukushima.  I'm with you...Fukushima is the gift that keeps on giving...unfortunately the people of the world have short attention spans but the problem is there and not going away.  Keep putting out the information.  I learned one thing in my years of research on various subjects;  we can hold ourselves responsible for putting out the message...what people do or do not do with that information is their decision.

I have lost a number of friends along the way because of some of my opinions.  My response to that was OH WELL...and I continue with my message.  It's all about the message to be conveyed and not the person.  I'm with you.  Cheers.
From the past into the future any way I can...Educating...informing....guiding.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770

28 March 2011
Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard

Governor Corbett Says Public Water Supply Testing Finds No Risk to Public From Radioactivity Found in Rainwater

Pennsylvania Office of the Governor, March 28, 2011:
The [Iodine-131] numbers reported in the rainwater samples in Pennsylvania range from 40-100 picocuries per liter (pCi/L). Although these are levels above the background levels historically reported in these areas, they are still about 25 times below the level that would be of concern. The federal drinking water standard for Iodine-131 is three pCi/L. …

On Friday, rainwater samples were taken in Harrisburg, where levels were 41 pCi/L and at nuclear power plants at TMI and Limerick, where levels were 90 to 100 pCi/L.

Corbett emphasized that the drinking water is safe and there is no cause for health concerns.

“Rainwater is not typically directly consumed,” Corbett said.

“However, people might get alarmed by making what would be an inappropriate connection from rainwater to drinking water. By testing the drinking water, we can assure people that the water is safe.”

As the link at the end of your post doesn't work I had to search for a source of that information, and, as usual in the case of Fukushima, the first link I found was to enenews, and it's an excellent example of why I prefer the original sources instead of second-hand information, as I went looking for the original source and found this document, that I suppose is the release referred to in the Enenews page.

In this document we can see that the sentence after what is the first sentence on the Enenews quote is:
As a result of the findings, Corbett immediately ordered the Department of Environmental Protection’s
Bureau of Water Quality, Radiation Protection and Laboratories to test the drinking water from six
regions in the state.

Samples were taken from facilities in Norristown, East Stroudsburg, Harrisburg, Williamsport, Greenville
and Pittsburgh. After repeated testing throughout the weekend, results showed normal levels of radioactivity and no Iodine-131 above the federal limit. In fact, no Iodine-131 was detected in the drinking
water samples.

When reading the whole quote we can see why they said that drinking water is safe.

PS: I know that the quote from Enenews is not the same you used on your post, but I used it as an example of how important it is (to me) to have the original sources listed and why I don't like Enenews.
Information is power, but what happens when we have the wrong (or partial) information?

Edit: I only noticed now that the link at the end is just for the last part of the post. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:20:28 am by ArMaP »

space otter

you guys...really    ::)    ::)     ::)    ::)    ::)

let me try again for clarity of my opinion  in very simple sentences I hope you can understand

I am not attacking anyone..especially not thor as a person or poster

I have no objection to postings on fuku or anything else

I obviously have no problem with long threads

my objection is to the slant that is painted by  text taken out of context and inserted into  the op’s post to boaster his/her opinion of what is going on

my objection is also lack of source material for such quotes that allow the reader to check for themselves

if you read what ArMaP just posted you may understand but at this point I doubt it..

it is slight of hand to a reader.. the cage free eggs statement...
but obviously that seems to be  what is expected

I leave you with a hug and a smile and a shake of my head as I truly  - for sure- walk away from this

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
I'll just step out of this thread.  I'm done.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
I haven't gotten involved here because I didn't want to wiggle my way into your subject matter regarding Fukushima.

Greetings spacemaverick:

It seems like everyone wants to forget we're being slowly nuked… 1,592 days today.

For those who are not familiar with space maverick's previous incarnation, he started this particular thread on the very same day - 3 May 2011 -  that the EPA decided that there was no need to check for Fukushima radiation and shut down the system.

Please feel free to 'wiggle in' anytime to spread the word. Having read through your magnificent work that you were so kind as to share with me, you are more than qualified to wiggle in anytime, and we thank you for your service. Semper Fi, my friend.

Re: Radiation from Fukushima
Post by spacemaverick58 on May 6, 2011, 8:59pm
Feds Abandon Extra Radiation Monitoring of Milk, Water
Routine measurements will resume; nuclear expert calls decision "staggering"
Source: The Bay Citizen (http://s.tt/12nle) http://www.baycitizen.org/japan-disaster/story/feds-abandon-radiation-monitoring-milk/

Post by spacemaverick58 on May 3, 2011, 4:09pm http://opendata.socrata.com/Government/Precipitation-RadNet-Laboratory-Analysis/e2xy-undq Iodine 131 readings in several states.

Post by spacemaverick58 on May 7, 2011, 12:37pm
URGENT: Japan now admits Fukushima at 154 trillion Bq's/Day and West coast Radiation [1] (465 views)
Part 1 http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=78B6B30D92D1695D723818B3E84066B5

@calikid- This explains what you were looking at on the scale.

URGENT: Japan now admits Fukushima at 154 trillion Bq's/Day and West coast Radiation [2] (441 views) Part 2 http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=1A7EF81864FCC9C380C24D57D9AC18FE

Post by spacemaverick58 on May 10, 2011, 10:33am
Canada and U.S. cut back radiation reporting
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/05/09/bc-radiation-monitoring.html

Canadian and U.S. authorities have both cut back radiation reporting after detecting only minuscule increases following the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear crisis, despite ongoing clean-up efforts in Japan. "The quantities of radiation reaching Canada are very small and do not pose any health risk to Canadians," said a statement posted by Health Canada online.

I learned one thing in my years of research on various subjects;  we can hold ourselves responsible for putting out the message...what people do or do not do with that information is their decision.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER DISCLAIMER: THE POSTING OF STORIES, COMMENTARIES, REPORTS, DOCUMENTS AND LINKS (EMBEDDED OR OTHERWISE) ON THIS SITE DOES NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, NECESSARILY EXPRESS OR SUGGEST ENDORSEMENT OR SUPPORT OF ANY OF SUCH POSTED MATERIAL OR PARTS THEREIN.

I have lost a number of friends along the way because of some of my opinions.  My response to that was OH WELL...and I continue with my message.  It's all about the message to be conveyed and not the person.  I'm with you.  Cheers.

Post by spacemaverick58 on May 13, 2011, 12:26am
It’s Official: Fukushima Was Hit With a Nuclear Meltdown
http://gizmodo.com/5801376/its-official-fukushima-was-hit-with-a-full+blown-nuclear-meltdown
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/13_03.html
Japan Broadcasting Corporation above link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8509502/Nuclear-meltdown-at-Fukushima-plant.html

These links all say meltdown and one is from Japan.

Post by spacemaverick58 on May 13, 2011, 12:46am
http://www.sharenews-blog.com/:8090/helma/twoday/sharenews/stories/5314/

Iodine 131 precautions
http://enenews.com/fukushima-forecast-shows-cesium-137-iodine-131-northwestern-5-videos
More news
http://www.epa.gov/rpdweb00/radionuclides/iodine.html

May 13, 2011, 12:22am, spacemaverick58 wrote:
My apologies if I have alarmed anyone.

Looks to me like we're ****ed. How do you protect yourself from a radioactive cloud? I would think you don't unless you are already living underground in a controlled environment. I also wonder what altitudes these clouds are what is the volume they cover? For all we know that radiation crap could be high up in the atmosphere, but then again that sucks if it rains…

???????
The cloud is only a fraction of the problem.

When these radioactive elements settle to the earth they contaminate the soil, plants water and everything else. The radiation is already in the food chain and likely already being consumed by humans.

Potasium Iodine may protect you short term from radioactive Iodine but it does nothing to protect against the plutonium, strontium etc. Even at low levels these particles have a long term cumulative effect on the body and as these particles get absorbed into the body they can damage the DNA of cells and form various cancers.

I think the best way to protect yourself is to look at organic cancer treatments and come up with a long term strategy as more reports start rolling in of contaminated food sources.

It is always surprising to us that so many peeps in denial will go after the messenger and not do any research on the message.

But, that's part of the game.
   :P

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Love Light
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

Hec'el oinipikte  (that we shall live)

FUKUSHIMA FALLOUT CLOCK
Elapsed Time since March 11, 2011, 2:46 PM - Fukushima, Japan

The World Must Take Charge at Fukushima

“In a time of universal deceit
telling the truth is considered a revolutionary act."

George Orwell
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Looks like I've unintentionally stated a war. Or at least a skirmish.
It has happened before and it will, most likely, happen again, specially when the people involved have strong opinions. :)

Facts, please. :)
Greetings:
you have not been involved in the Fukushima disaster from day one as we have and are not up-to-date on my Fuku threads, which are full of vetted information.
That punishment is too cruel, I think the Geneva convention forbids it.  :P
That exchange never existed, my comment was this:

Read a few hundred of my pages on FUKU and come back here with something other than your own, unsubstantiated opinions, if you please.
That punishment is too cruel, I think the Geneva convention forbids it.  :P

It was meant as a joke (the :P was supposed to help understand my intentions).

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
I have lost a number of friends along the way because of some of my opinions.
Then they weren't really your friends.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
It is always surprising to us that so many peeps in denial will go after the messenger and not do any research on the message.

But, that's part of the game.
   :P

What I find a little strange is that you consider people with different opinions about the sources you post as "being in denial" or that they are "going after the messenger".

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
If anyone would like to have a PDF of the thread on Fukushima I put together, I will e-mail it to you.  It was socked full of information from various sources.  Just PM me.  I think I can e-mail it?  I cannot vouch for all the links still working but it is there nonetheless.

I would gladly share it.  I am sure Thor has a copy.

Fukushima, the gift that keeps on giving as well as the waste area in New Mexico that has/had a leak.  Well turn me over and cook the other side?  hehehehe...sorry.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
I cannot vouch for all the links still working but it is there nonetheless.
That's a problem, from what I have seen many news sites have time-limited pages, and some even use the same pages for different news on different dates. :(

Some may be available on the Internet Archive, but many have a specific "robots" directive to stop sites like the Internet Archive from "crawling" their sites.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
This has always been an issue for me and in the past I used to archive webpages of import.  The most recent one  I was searching the Needles UFO cases by George Knapp and they are all gone from KLAS TV 8 and did not show up in any archive, not even their own

This is a problem with copyrights   They don't want you copying them but then they delete them and the story is gone forever

This is the bane of the internet... books can be burned but are more likely to survive.   Take all my work on the Livingmoon... 30 days after the bills are not paid the entire site will be erased

Offline this_is_who_we_are

• Command Duty Officer
  • Gold 32
I have lost a number of friends along the way because of some of my opinions.

Then they weren't really your friends.

This agree with I can.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:35:55 pm by this_is_who_we_are »
"The uninitiated perceive time with no appreciation of the beginning. And no understanding of the end. To them time is an infinite commodity. We know better and we will not waste a second of it. This is who we are."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
tango smango  who gives a rats ass what those dudes have to say.. if you did you would stay there

When the Earthquake and Tsunami hit Japan there were several of us, myself included, that spent every waking hour tracking the event for well over THREE MONTHS as it unfolded... bringing the best possible sources of real info to the thread. As the situation developed the news media CHANGED THE STORY to try to make it less critical. There were several nuclear engineers in that thread and it is still one of ATS's TOP THREADS

At the beginning everyone watched the thread... we got kudos for the accuracy and speed of the news updates

Who cares what the dudes say? Well those 'dudes and gals'  were us before ATS decided we were getting to popular

I spent 6 years at ATS providing accurate data  Burntheships the same  Dimentional Detective was also one, he disappeared in is likely he was caught in the disaster We were THE top posters at ATS...

So your opinion is your opinion... but I still recall those three months of sleepless nights trying to bring up to date info because we thought people cared

We were wrong... no one cares and soon got bored with it... Since radiation is a slow creepy killer, it doesn't matter. Never mind the lessons of Chernobyl (which needs a new cover) and will be deadly for over 100,000 years...  Never mind that ex Prime Minister Nato Kan CONFIRMED in an apology what we said all along  that the first reactor was in full meltdown 8 hours after the earthquake

It doesn't matter anyway because there is NOTHING we can do about it  NOTHING  We do not have the tech to clean it up and we cannot cover it like they do at Chernobyl.  The Nevada desert where they did the atomic testing... the soli is so contaminated with Plutonium that has a half life of 25,000 years

Thor is a sensationalist No doubt :P  But he CARES...   

Germany has decided to DISMANTLE all their nuclear plants because of Fukushima

Imagine now what will happen when California gets 'the big one'  How many nuke plants are on THAT fault?

And the big one will come... the entire Ring of Fire has been active and producing huge quakes like Japan Chile and Sumatra... it is literally over due on the west coats. That is not fear mongering, it is simply a question of WHEN  not IF

and again that was not an attack it was an opinion I even made the print larger for you to doublecheck

Yes it was an opinion :P  but screaming in radioactive GREEN is a tad over kill :P 

well I quit readling those hundred/thousands of your pages ages ago
and
I just did come back with an opinion..
if you missed it it’s up above in green

I do not think you read the original threads at ATS :P They are very well presented by all who participated... until people lost interest

I myself rarely post anything on Fukushima... there is no point  No one cares and there is no solution... so let's just forget about it... until the next time

::)

I am deeply sorry if my OPINION has made you feel attacked...find a way to get over it
and I will not take up any more space here or engage in a flame war.. I have too much respect for Z

Opinions can often be very strong :D  Sometimes the best solution is NOT to engage, though I admit that is not always easy to do :D

Now shake hands and let's get on with it :D

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:49:24 pm by zorgon »

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
Nicely said Zorgon, nicely said and advice taken!  Thank you.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
As the link at the end of your post doesn't work I had to search for a source of that information, and, as usual in the case of Fukushima,

There is one thing you need to consider...

MANY times in news reporting the NEWS CHANGES

One case in point is the shooting down of the plane over Pennsylvania... Intial reports said it was shot down,,, there is STILL one youtube of Rumsfeld pupblicly saying it was shot down... but the story changed to heros that fought the pilot and made it crash

During Fukushima there was a CTV interview of a returning Nuclear worker from Toronto. They interviewed him at the airport on his return...

He clearly stated that the reactor #1 CRACKED OPEN right after the earthquake and all the bells went off. The techs then left the building and got into cars and escaped BEFORE the Tsunami hit

He also said that the Tepco staff had LOCKED THEM IN saying they needed to be tested for radiation... They forced the door and got out before the Tsunami hit...  He said he did not know if the Tepco staff made it out

HOWEVER if you look up that video now the part of being locked in has been ERASED  though it still has the comment about whether or not they made it out.

I saved the original... but today the only references to that locking in you will find is my posts

NEWS MEDIA   Lies, they propagandize (legally now) and they erase and change stories...  They give us false flag news and they sensationalize. Even during the Fukushima event the stories coming direct from Japanese news sources on the spot were changing and not reporting accurately.

So to say "prefer original sources" is a red herring when the original sources are not presenting the facts

Sure the non mainstream media exaggerates as well  so all we can do is try to sort it out from using MANY sources.

I do not know how many of you saw Nato Kan's apology ( he sent it by video rather than appear in person)  but it CONFIRMED everything we said

You do not need to be an EXPERT on nuclear anything to look at a picture and see with your own eyes that containment was IMPOSSIBLE with all the pipes strewn around between the buildings once you see that there was NO HEAT EXCHANGER in the system

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter