collapse

Author Topic: Russian official wants to investigate whether U.S. moon landings actually happen  (Read 4222 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
Russian official wants to investigate whether U.S. moon landings actually happened.

I am not sure if they questioned this before now, but I would had thought so...Have they been looking at the evidence posted on Conspiracy websites  ???  :-\

The increasingly tense relationship between the United States and Russia might be about to face a new challenge: a Russian investigation into American moon landings.

In an op-ed published by Russian newspaper Izvestia on Tuesday, Vladimir Markin, a spokesman for the government's official Investigative Committee, argued that such an investigation could reveal new insights into the historical space journeys.

According to a translation by the Moscow Times, Markin would support an inquiry into the disappearance of original footage from the first moon landing in 1969 and the whereabouts of lunar rock, which was brought back to earth during several missions.

"We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon], and simply made a film about it. But all of these scientific — or perhaps cultural — artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened," Markin wrote, according to the Moscow Times translation.

The op-ed is unlikely to raise worries among NASA officials. In 2009, NASA itself admitted that it had erased the original video recordings of the first moon landing among 200,000 other tapes in order to save money, according to Reuters. However, NASA has since restored copies of the landing, using recordings from other sources such as CBS News. The organization says that due to restoration efforts, the recordings' quality is superior to the original one that has gone missing.

This file photo from July 19, 1969, released by NASA, shows the Earth as seen from the Apollo 11 command module as it orbits the Moon. (NASA)

NASA did also emphasize the uniqueness of lunar soil and rock in the past. "They differ from Earth rocks in many respects," David McKay, chief scientist for planetary science and exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center, where most of the material is stored, was quoted as saying by NASA's Web site in 2001.

So, why is Investigative Committee member Markin speculating about conspiracy theories surrounding U.S. moon landings that happened decades ago? In his op-ed, the Russian official also emphasized that "U.S. authorities had crossed a line by launching a large-scale corruption probe targeting nine FIFA officials," according to the Moscow Times.

On June 2, FIFA President Sepp Blatter announced that he would eventually step down amid an ongoing investigation into widespread corruption at the organization. "U.S. prosecutors have declared themselves the supreme arbiters of international football affairs," Markin complained in his op-ed. The official went on to argue that U.S. investigators had confused political bargaining with corruption. He specifically referred to media speculation that former German chancellor Gerhard Schroeder authorized military arms shipments to Saudi Arabia to help Germany win the 2006 World Cup bid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/06/17/russian-official-wants-to-investigate-whether-u-s-moon-landings-actually-happened/

-----------------

Russian official calls for 'international investigation' of the Apollo program.

If you can bear the adverts.
Watch the video on the webpage..it has 6 small clips of various interesting snipets to do with Neil Armstrong and the Apollo program.

I tried to embed it, but was unable to do so.. maybe someone can add it in.

American astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon 45 years ago, as part of NASA's Apollo 11 mission. Here's a look back at six compelling moments from America's successful manned moon missions, from a lightning strike to golf..

According to a Tuesday article in the Moscow Times, a spokesman for Russia’s Investigative Committee named Vladimir Markin suggested that an international investigation be mounted into some of the “various murky details surrounding the U.S. moon landings between 1969 and 1972.” Markin would particularly like to know some of the missing moon rocks went to and why the original footage of the Apollo 11 moon landing was erased. Markin hastened to add that he is, of course, not suggesting that NASA faked the moon landings and just filmed the events in a studio.

A largely discredited conspiracy theory posits that NASA faked the moon landings in order to derived the propaganda coup without going through the effort of landing on the moon. Everything from an episode by the Mythbusters to modern visual evidence has disproved this theory thoroughly.

Markin seems to be upset at American investigations of FIFA, the governing body for World Cup Soccer, which resulted in the resignation of its president under suspicion of corruption. The revelations have focused attention of how Russia and Qatar became hosts of the competition in 2018 and 2022 respectively. Investigators believe that money laundered payments were made to secure the hosting of the World Cup Soccer competition.

What the point would be of an international investigation of the Apollo program, aside from petty revenge for Russia, is an open question. The race to the moon proved to be a triumph for the United States and an utter humiliation for the Soviet Union. Some historians believe that the moon landings contributed to the eventual fall of the Soviet Union by proving the technological superiority of the United States.

Relations between Russia and the United States have been strained as of late, largely because of Vladimir Putin’s imperialist adventures in the Ukraine and elsewhere. Russia has openly talked of ending the America-Russian space partnership and striking out on its own, as was the case during the Cold War. A variety of technical glitches and funding problems have cast doubt on Russia’s ability to do so.

http://www.examiner.com/article/russian-official-calls-for-international-investigation-of-the-apollo-program
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:07:11 pm by astr0144 »

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
A largely discredited conspiracy theory posits that NASA faked the moon landings in order to derived the propaganda coup without going through the effort of landing on the moon. Everything from an episode by the Mythbusters to modern visual evidence has disproved this theory thoroughly.
Well that is that then.  If an American TV show says they did it then they must have.  What reason do we have to think they were biased? ::)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
On similar threads, that I recall so far..at least Zorgon mentioned that Mythbusters maybe B.S or misleading the public. Maybe you and others have also previously discussed it.

Well that is that then.  If an American TV show says they did it then they must have.  What reason do we have to think they were biased?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:30:29 pm by astr0144 »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Mythbusters have an agenda :P  What they PROVED with their boot print experiment is that it COULD have been done on Earth

::)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
I would guess that maybe 99% or more of viewers of Mythbusters would probably believe whatever they say.

I also may have done so, until I came a member of PRC  and recall reading your comments on the possibilities behind what they MAY be doing.  ???  :)

There are just so many questions that we may never get to know the real answers to..especially in our present one lifetimes.

I started watching some of those what I thought were 6 further short clip videos...but it turns out there are many more..The adverts in between are a pain to bare...but there are a few of the vids that raise a few thoughts and questions.

I just watched one about when Neil Armstrong died.

It seems that back in Aug 2013... quite a few people who had read certain articles believed that he died in 2013...but were surprised to find out he died 12 month before  in Aug 2012..as many of the articles had not explained they had not referred to them being a 12 month anniversary since his death.

And to be honest.. It does not seem that long ago to me when I thought he had died.. I am surprised it was back in Aug 2012.

Life is so frustrating at times.. I recall the moon landings when I was young..with great interest as a youngster...Then as one gets older Life takes its path of uncertainty..and I never really seemed to fall back into wanting to know all the more indepth details of some of the space programs or maybe did not seem to have the time..like most people who just get distracted...

Now i am older.. Its nice to try to study some of the things in more detail..but part of this is rather frustrating wondering what we have been told is truth or a hoax...We would need quite a few more lifetimes to try to study the many complex things that have gone into just the various space programs and science behind them. and even then much of it may be relevant depending upon ones level to be able to understand it...some of it may just be too complex ever to understand...why does life have so much variation and complexity ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:07:20 pm by astr0144 »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
I would guess that maybe 99% or more of viewers of Mythbusters would probably believe whatever they say.

Not really I know many people who like to watch them blow up stuff but call some of their 'proofs' bogus

What IS interesting is that a lot more people that used to laugh at CTers are starting to question the Moon landing and 9/11

The problem is we have evidence that says they did go and we have just as much evidence that says fakery... 

Now it has always been our contention that yes we (and the Russians) are on the moon with mines and bases and that the Apollo program was a publicity stunt

Laser reflectors on the moon? Well easy enough for the secret space program to plant something :P Heck the Russians dropped several reflectors up there  Jack found the missing one  200 miles from where it was supposed to be :D

I also may have done so, until I came a member of PRC  and recall reading your comments on the possibilities behind what they MAY be doing.  ???  :)

Most people just blindly accept everything they are told. Few have the knowledge needed to accurately access something  9/11 is a good example... Too many things in that case that defy logic and know physics. Same with the moon landings  There are far too many problems like that crumpled cardboard model they said was airtight and blasted off the moon.  If that really was a moon ship... what cause the crumpled plates? Did they hit something? Were they attacked?  It makes no sense

The lack of stars... the ONLT astronauts that say the saw no stars were the Apollo astronauts  All the otherd in space say how amazing the stars are. Even NASA APOD shows us how the stars would look like if the atmosphere on Earth were turned off

Yet those same NASA peeps tell us "No stars on the Moon"  WTF?  Oh yeah sure  I will just accept that and move along :P (most do :P)

I have seen NASA footage in LEO  you can see Orions belt behind the craft ( and a rectangular door like thing floating by :P

How can I believe them when they contradict themselves like that? 

NO AIR (supposedlt) on the Moon  that means no atmospheric light scattering  and the sun would be a small bright object  Cover it with your hand and the stars would jump out at you

It does not make sense... yet the vast majority accept it as fact

The Van Allen Belts... that tin can was very thin... the astronauts even said so... yet they made it through the Van Allen Belts flawlessly with ancient electronics that we had yet not developed shielding for...

Yet today NASA cannot get through the belts because it fries their electronics

But hey its oaky  Nevermind that all this defies logic  We live in a world where Airplanes smash into things and vanish without a trace... and people just accept that as normal. We live in a world where building fall form a little fire and vaporize steel columns before your eyes... and people just accept that sa normal, even though several other huge buildings around the world have been ablaze for hours and are still standing... imagine that  Only in the USA do we have disintegrating buildings and planes and cardboard spacecraft

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
I just watched one about when Neil Armstrong died.

It seems that back in Aug 2013... quite a few people who had read certain articles believed that he died in 2013...but were surprised to find out he died 12 month before  in Aug 2012..as many of the articles had not explained they had not referred to them being a 12 month anniversary since his death.

And to be honest.. It does nvot seem that long ago to me when I thought he had died.. I am surprised it was back in Aug 2012.

This happens a lot  People we recalled died turn out to be alive  Dates seem off  etc  Google it  many people getting these 'slips'  Maybe the Hologram has a glitch or three

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
The Apollo craft.  It looks like it belongs on an old Dr Who set!

Mythbusters have an agenda :P  What they PROVED with their boot print experiment is that it COULD have been done on Earth
I tried it using talcum powder and it worked.

Even pictures of landers on the Moon are not proof NASA landed and returned humans if you think about it.  Finally, just because we may have landed men there, that does not mean the Apollo mission we saw was real.  Apollo 11 and 12 were possibly a cover for the failure to be ready to land a man on the Moon by, "the end of the decade."

Is it surprising the module looks like a TV prop?

In the words of Armstrong.  Listen carefully to what he says.

[youtube]xwxsL6msdwE[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:22:45 am by Pimander »

Offline Elvis Hendrix

• Gold 398
  • It is not the critic that counts.
Z gets gold for that list of stuff that will never get answered, but will be brought up time and time again.

and just a little reminder of whats up there.. from 105-126 h2

Elvis
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
B H.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
What IS interesting is that a lot more people that used to laugh at CTers are starting to question the Moon landing and 9/11
I think that's mostly because it's becoming "fashionable" to be seen as "against the official version", not because they reached some conclusion.

The lack of stars... the ONLT astronauts that say the saw no stars were the Apollo astronauts  All the otherd in space say how amazing the stars are. Even NASA APOD shows us how the stars would look like if the atmosphere on Earth were turned off
Most automated missions use stars to help navigation, so it's obvious that the stars are visible.

Yet those same NASA peeps tell us "No stars on the Moon"  WTF?  Oh yeah sure  I will just accept that and move along :P (most do :P)
On photos, I agree, to see the stars on a photo taken on the Moon's surface the Moon would appear overexposed, even taking a photo of the Moon close to a star or planet from Earth makes the star or planet disappear. In a photo taken on the Moon without the Moon's surface being visible and pointing to the sky there's no reason for stars not to appear.

The Van Allen Belts... that tin can was very thin... the astronauts even said so... yet they made it through the Van Allen Belts flawlessly with ancient electronics that we had yet not developed shielding for...
Older electronics were much more resistant to radiation than modern electronics, the reduction in size and power consumption (besides changes in the type of transistors used) had that result.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
I think if they went to the moon they would have never have stopped going...why build a space station when a moon base would have been far more versatile. If there is no atmosphere on the moon a landing in radioactive talcum powder like dust with rocket engines would have created such a huge cloud of dust they would have had to land blind, the lander would be coated in dust and that dust would have taken a very long time to settle. The rover does not create a massive cloud of dust driving and bouncing around either it throws rooster tails that settle quite quickly. Even if the radiation belts did not irradiate them they were getting it the entire time they were there as the soil is radioactive. Just plain too much high weirdness and we have had the technology to be there for decades so why aren't we? I'll remain skeptical until NASA comes clean and release everything they have unedited and unrestricted.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
I think that's mostly because it's becoming "fashionable" to be seen as "against the official version", not because they reached some conclusion.

So you are saying the Moon Hoax has become TRENDY?   :P You are likely right LOL

Most automated missions use stars to help navigation, so it's obvious that the stars are visible.

Yes it is obvious to everyone, except the Apollo Astronots

On photos, I agree, to see the stars on a photo taken on the Moon's surface the Moon would appear overexposed, even taking a photo of the Moon close to a star or planet from Earth makes the star or planet disappear. In a photo taken on the Moon without the Moon's surface being visible and pointing to the sky there's no reason for stars not to appear.

Yes because the light pollution of atmosphere would be non esistent  NASA says... if there were no atmosphere on Earth  THIS is what we would see

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070621.html

But the Apollo Huggers say NO STARS Question was asked by Sir Patrick Moore  who coveres the Apollo Landings for the BBC  It seems the BBC deleted all their tapes, just like NASA lost all theirs

[youtube]xyjppxh2-C0[/youtube]

Older electronics were much more resistant to radiation than modern electronics, the reduction in size and power consumption (besides changes in the type of transistors used) had that result.

If that were true, then those Plasma Critters could not have shut down the Nuke base in the 60's :P and the military wouldn't have needed to spend billions making their electronics EM proof

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
By JOVE!!! I see Orion!!! :P

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
If that were true, then those Plasma Critters could not have shut down the Nuke base in the 60's :P and the military wouldn't have needed to spend billions making their electronics EM proof
It's true.

I don't know what shut down the nuke base in the 60s, but cosmic radiation, solar radiation and the radiation in the Van Hallen belts are not the same thing as EMs, they are particles that, when they hit the (much) smaller transistors of today can easily trigger a transistor that was not supposed to be triggered or "fry" it.

Anyone that studied a little electronics (in this case the relevant area is transistors) can tell you that, the old BJTs were less sensitive to external interferences than the modern MOSFETs.

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
What the point would be of an international investigation of the Apollo program, aside from petty revenge for Russia, is an open question. The race to the moon proved to be a triumph for the United States and an utter humiliation for the Soviet Union.

I would not consider that petty, if the world had been lied to in order to humiliate the russians!
Personally I have always thought they faked the original and went later when they could,  but that way they WON the race. Having hollywood on your side would certainly help!
When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool of the loser.
Socrates

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]