collapse

Author Topic: The World Must Take Charge at Fukushima  (Read 78331 times)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
Re: The World Must Take Charge at Fukushima
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »

Fukushima is becoming Nuclear Holocaust !!!
Published on Sep 23, 2016
Jeff Rense
Original title: "Fukushima & The Breakdown of Our Biosphere".

Jeff Rense & Michael Collins - Fukushima Radiation In The US
Published on Dec 9, 2016

Jeff Rense & Yoichi Shimatsu - Fukushima Radiation Now on West Coast HOT
Published on Dec 12, 2016

Fukushima news; Japan new blood types showing up post Fukushima
Published on Dec 12, 2016
kevin blanch

*NEW [Documentary] Fukushima - Radioactive Forest
Published on Nov 5, 2016

The Fukushima nuclear accident in 2011 turned the surrounding towns into a desolate land, making the area into a "radioactive forest". Without human presence, the land is roamed by wildlife like civets, macaques and wild boars. A project is underway to study the deserted areas by attaching a camera to wild boars to record the conditions of the former farmlands. 5 years after the disaster, we take a close look at how radiation has affected the wildlife, and what it entails for us humans.
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2017, 06:01:27 pm »
26 April 2011
Jet Stream from Japan to United States

1 January 2017
Jet Stream from Japan to United States

Any questions?

A veritable plethora of 'collected' videos:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/Thor_Anderson/

With great respect
thorfourwinds/rabunopsec
Peace Love Light
Hec'el oinipikte (that we may live)
Mni Wiconi, Water Is Life
Pidamiyapi (Thank You in Lakota)
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2017, 06:21:54 pm »
Any questions?
Yes, some. :)

1 - The charts say "Wind Speed (kts) and Height (m), but I see only one scale. How's those charts supposed to be read?
2 - Where can I get those charts?
3 - What's the relevance to the topic?

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2017, 06:46:43 pm »
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=glob_250
Weather Model - Global Jet Stream Wind and 250 mb Pressure

Relevance?

2,125 days of 24/7/365 radioactive particles from the triple melt-throughs
at Fukushima riding the Jet Stream to contaminate North America.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2017, 07:00:04 am »
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=glob_250
Weather Model - Global Jet Stream Wind and 250 mb Pressure
Thanks, now I understand it better. :)

Relevance?

2,125 days of 24/7/365 radioactive particles from the triple melt-throughs at Fukushima riding the Jet Stream to contaminate North America.
I would be more worried with winds at lower altitudes, as I don't think most of the radioactive particles climbed to 34000 ft to reach the Jet Stream.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2017, 08:37:20 pm »

Greetings World:

And here we wuz thinking/hoping/praying that 2017 would bring 'enlightenment' to all humankind, including those with differing opinions who deny the existence of any other reality other that what they perceive, not fully realizing that perception depends upon the beliefs and point of view of the perceiver.

It seems our resident self-styled 'truth-seeker' ArMaP pontificates, once again, on something he has little - if any - knowledge of.    ;)

I don't think most of the radioactive particles climbed to 34000 ft to reach the Jet Stream.

What "you think" has little to do with the reality facing all residents - (flora and fauna) of Planet Earth because of the catastrophic triple melt-throughs at Fukushima Dai-ichi, spewing radionuclides through the air and water 24/7/365.

And we are to believe that you, based on your study of the Fukushima radiation and world wind patterns over the past 5 years, 9 months and 26 days, have credible information to share as evidenced by your post?   :P

Get real.

If your cohorts (partners in crime) at CIA/Tango hadn't 'conveniently' 'lost' the 1,400 page PART ONE of the Fukushima debacle (where the real situation in the early days was extensively documented - including the underground nuclear weapons facility), we could easily point to your lack of participation in documenting this unending travesty on ATS, where you are a moderator.   :o

That thread is/was one of the top threads on ATS, up there with Zorgon's Naval Space Command and John Lear's incredible contributions which 'put ATS on the map' and which they both got boned for 'in the end' (pun).

But, that is another story for another time.

..."most"...

Please define (quantify by a numerical percentage, please) what "most" means.

Does that mean you are admitting that 'a portion' of the radioactive particles may have reached the Jet Stream?    ::)

Seriously, if you are going to keep on this topic you should learn something about Fukushima, otherwise you will look like a fool to anyone that knows something about it.   :P

Emissions from Fukushima Diiachi Present in the Tropopause and Jetstream
March 15 2011 Fukushima Diiachi (again)
Lessons from Fukushima : Dr Majia Holmer Nelson

“The important feature of this accident was that the source position was evidently clear, however, time and vertical emission variations were unknown (in this case, it was known that the height of emission was not so high in altitude).”

Wrong.

Radiosondes released from Fukushima University showed beta radiation levels off the chart at jet stream levels (30,000 feet or 10 km):

Every one of these atmospheric simulations that do not include high-altitude measurements of radiation is invalid.
From Bobby1.

Radioactivity in the jet stream

The Geophysical Institute at Fukushima University measured gamma and beta radiation at increasing altitude in April through August, 2011. They used a radiosonde (weather balloon) with a radiation measuring device on it to obtain the readings.

The first image is from April 2011, and shows increased beta readings at an altitude of 7-8 km. This is below the level of the jet stream. The second image is from August 27 and shows the beta level off the chart at the jet stream altitude of 9-12 km.

We can see that the radionuclides had been rising in the atmosphere from April to August. There is also a significant amount of radioactivity up to a level of 63,000 feet. The maximum level on the chart is 20 cps, which is equivalent to 1200 cpm. This is in contrast to the April chart, which reached 500 cpm.

The third image indicates that the jet stream indeed was over Fukushima City on August 27.

None of the scientific articles (that I have seen) that have discussed atmospheric dispersion model results, or measurements of Fukushima emissions, have incorporated this type of measurement, from weather balloons or airplanes.

It is likely that a great deal of radioactivity is still in the jet stream, and will not completely come down to earth for years.

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2017, 08:58:00 pm »
People do seem to forget that it was a triple meltdown and that radioactive cooling water is pouring into the Pacific and ending up on the western shores of North and South America.

The powers that be have been very successful in keeping the lid on this debacle. I'm amazed that it has been almost completely out of the mainstream press considering the severity of this incident.

It far eclipses Chernobyl. Most people don't believe that, which I find stunning.

The picture of the little dude getting scanned is almost heartbreaking.
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2017, 08:23:24 am »
I drove by the San Onofre nuclear power plant in California last year.  It was disturbing.   It looks decrepit, and it's right on the edge of the ocean.  Then we went up to Venice,  and saw the Tsunami Area warnings.  It's our own Fukushima just waiting to happen.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2017, 04:34:49 pm »
It seems our resident self-styled 'truth-seeker' ArMaP pontificates, once again, on something he has little - if any - knowledge of.    ;)
I don't pontificate, I simply state my opinions. :)

And we are to believe that you, based on your study of the Fukushima radiation and world wind patterns over the past 5 years, 9 months and 26 days, have credible information to share as evidenced by your post?   :P
You aren't, it was just my opinion. Why do you keep on trying to change the opinions I post into something else?

Please define (quantify by a numerical percentage, please) what "most" means.
More than 50%.

Does that mean you are admitting that 'a portion' of the radioactive particles may have reached the Jet Stream?    ::)
Obviously.

Seriously, if you are going to keep on this topic you should learn something about Fukushima, otherwise you will look like a fool to anyone that knows something about it.   :P
That's why I make a clear distinction between my opinion and what I consider facts, that way I look less of a fool.
As learning is one of the things I love the most, teach me, then, but with real facts, and preferably not with videos. :)

Emissions from Fukushima Diiachi Present in the Tropopause and Jetstream
March 15 2011 Fukushima Diiachi (again)
Lessons from Fukushima : Dr Majia Holmer Nelson
Too bad we don't have a "before" and "after" comparison, but that article points to interesting data. :)

Also, although secondary, I'm always suspicious about the quality of reports that misspell the names of what they are studying, in this case "Diiachi" instead of "Daiichi". :)

We can see that the radionuclides had been rising in the atmosphere from April to August.
No, we can see that there was more beta radiation on August 27 than on that unknown date presented as April. What we cannot see is how things were during the time between the two measurements, so we cannot know if there was a constant increase from April to August or if there was only a spike in August.

Using the data published by the Fukushima University I made the following animation, with the charts for several (19, if I'm not mistaken) days between April 15 up to August 27. I had to resize some of the images to get a (more or less) constant scale, to make comparisons easier, and I don't see a constant increase in radiation, I see what appears to be isolated events more than a continuing event, but that's just my opinion, someone that hasn't studied this subject in detail. :)

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
  • A fantastic journey begins with curiosity
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2017, 04:53:47 pm »
https://radwatch.berkeley.edu/

Berkeley radiation watch is the best way to monitor radiation in California.  My grandson who just graduated from there with a Masters in Nuclear Engineering told me that they also do airborne monitoring via helicopter.  I am just wondering after all that has happened that maybe we have been sold a bill of goods that is not true back here in the USA....

It is hard to tell what is true and what is not anymore.  One thing I was told by my grandson was that the NRC will use all tactics to minimize any perceived problems that the USA may encounter.  So who do we believe?
From the past into the future any way I can...Educating...informing....guiding.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2017, 05:28:09 pm »
Tepco lied to everyone from Day 1; Zorgon, Burntheships, myself, and many others were involved in an epic thread on it over at Spookz for months...No one knows how to stop it, or fix it

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2017, 05:59:57 pm »
There are things I've encountered I don't know how to explain.  One of them involves radiation.

A few years ago, at the "god..." site, somebody suddenly posted something about "Annanaki" trying to leave earth with gold reserves and then getting blasted out of the sky by a low yield nuke near the Great Lakes.

Then, reports appeared about radiation detectors in the Indiana/Michigan area going off scale.  I think there were two, posted online.

Then a guy in that area posted a video about a huge explosion he heard that shook his house violently. He showed video of a large nearby tree that had its top limbs and branches ripped off, apparently from something mid-air.

Then, there were crazy stories about the military fighting aliens in a remote part of Michigan.

I never found out what this was all about. I recall it happened around the time Wilcock was posting stuff about strange sounds and underground explosions at supposed hidden bases.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2017, 06:57:15 pm »
There are things I've encountered I don't know how to explain.  One of them involves radiation.

A few years ago, at the "god..." site, somebody suddenly posted something about "Annanaki" trying to leave earth with gold reserves and then getting blasted out of the sky by a low yield nuke near the Great Lakes.

Then, reports appeared about radiation detectors in the Indiana/Michigan area going off scale.  I think there were two, posted online.

Then a guy in that area posted a video about a huge explosion he heard that shook his house violently. He showed video of a large nearby tree that had its top limbs and branches ripped off, apparently from something mid-air.

Then, there were crazy stories about the military fighting aliens in a remote part of Michigan.

I never found out what this was all about. I recall it happened around the time Wilcock was posting stuff about strange sounds and underground explosions at supposed hidden bases.
If I recall correctly Bobby Powell (Old Sarge at spookz, I believe, or oldcorp,can't remember) was posting some things about the goings on up there, but whether there was anything factual or not I can't say...

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2018, 04:04:06 pm »

this isn't going to help

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/the-most-powerful-storm-on-earth-is-bearing-down-on-japan/ar-AAzNKHn?li=BBnb7Kz

The Most Powerful Storm on Earth Is Bearing Down on Japan
Brian Kahn  7 hrs ago

I think it’s time to retire Maria as a name for any storm. The name has been wiped from the hurricane list in the Atlantic after Hurricane Maria completely upended life in the Caribbean. But it’s still on the rolls in the Pacific, where Typhoon Maria is about to make life miserable.

The storm has ping-ponged between being the equivalent of a Category 4 and Category 5 storm since late last week. Maria could clip Japan’s Ryukyu Islands and Taiwan before slamming into China’s central coast on Wednesday, dumping heavy rains along the way. That could be a huge issue in Japan, which is already reeling from historic flooding that’s left at least 109 dead and 2 million ready evacuate.

As of Monday, Maria was spinning as a strong Category 4 storm about 300 miles from Okinawa with sustained winds of nearly 143 mph, according to the Joint Typhoon Warning Center. Gusts are even more potent, reaching an estimated 174 mph. The current buzzsaw of a storm is a far cry from where it was on Thursday, when it was just a tropical storm with winds around 70 mph.

From Thursday to Friday, the storm exploded. Warm waters and calm upper levels winds allow the storm to blow up to a Category 5 monster with 160 mph winds in 24 hours. In meteorological parlance, the storm underwent rapid intensification, which weather geeks define as a storm’s winds increasing 35 mph in a 24-hour period. Maria more than met the criteria.

The storm weakened a bit over the course of Friday and into Saturday before picking steam again on Sunday and reaching Category 5 status for the second time in its lifespan. From here on out, the storm is likely to hold steady and then slowly decay as it approaches land and upper level winds become more inhospitable to the storm’s structure and rotation.

But even as it weakens, Maria will remain dangerous. By tomorrow evening, it’s forecast to reach southern end of the Ryukyu Islands, a small archipelago on the southern edge of Japan. At that time Maria is forecast to have 130 mph winds, which are the equivalent of a strong Category 3 hurricane. Up to eight inches of rain could fall as well.

Japan is already struggling to respond to flooding throughout the central and western part of Honshu, the country’s main island. Any damage in far flung parts of of the Ryukyu Islands will only stretch resources further.

The storm is forecast to remain a Category 3 as it passes near the northern edge of Taiwan on Wednesday as well. Even if Maria doesn’t make landfall there, it’s likely to drop up to 12 inches of rain over the hilly terrain. That same terrain will also weaken the storm further, and it’s forecast to be a Category 1-equivalent storm at landfall in China.

A study published in 2016 showed that typhoons hitting Asia over the past 37 years—a period of reliable satellite records—have become up to 15 percent more intense and the “proportion of storms of categories 4 and 5 having doubled or even tripled.” That change is largely driven by rapid intensification becoming more common owing to rising ocean temperatures. The research indicates that climate change will only make this trend more common for storms in the vicinity ofChina, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.

Climate change could also be playing a role in the increase in rapid intensification for hurricanes in the Atlantic basin according to other research, making coastal living an increasingly risky bet.

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2018, 03:19:02 am »
I agree that Fukushima's vulnerability is a huge concern as far as weather goes over there.

Do you know if they've beefed up that sea wall or made any other improvements to protect that whole mess from getting worse?
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter