collapse

Author Topic: An Answer To Political Psychopaths?  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
An Answer To Political Psychopaths?
« on: December 13, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »
There is a hypothesis of sorts that comes up sometimes, especially in new age circles. It is the notion that our culture is ruled by psychopaths and sociopaths.  The people who end up in charge are good at lying and cheating because that's the path to power, by nature.

So, I wonder......could this new found lynch mob mentality about sexual harassment have a good effect if it eliminates or reduces the number of monsters in politics?  OTOH, can the remaining "saints" (perhaps less sexually charged) really get anything useful accomplished?  I think about President Carter vs LBJ or Nixon.  Carter is a truly decent person who would make a good neighbor.....but President? Not so much.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: An Answer To Political Psychopaths?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 05:28:48 pm »
So, I wonder......could this new found lynch mob mentality about sexual harassment have a good effect if it eliminates or reduces the number of monsters in politics?
That idea assumes that the accused are part of the psychopaths in power, but I have yet to see anyone really in power being accused.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 06:37:35 pm »
The older and wiser we become (or may think we do !)...
It may seem that the way that Society in the World runs just  little like what  we thought or used to think.

No doubt there are and have been Corrupt leaders...

but I think for the majority.. its hard sometimes to always beware of what they may have done or are doing..

and I think usually we may often only  take note if some other authority figure makes us aware or a claim to something about  them or the system...

But at the same time ,things happen that the masses oppose to.. and sometimes that will put a stop to certain things that Corrupt leaders may have been doing or were aiming to persue.

Often it maybe down to complexity..and if people or other leaders can relate to any of the issues that may occur.

Some of the leaders are or appear to be clever and they are good at lying as you say.. and it maybe in Policitics for eg.. that both parties are corrupt and are in it either for their own power or maybe as they are just part of acting for another system or unknown secret type Society.

If that is the case it becomes excptionally hard to really know what maybe going on for the majority.

Maybe almost impossible..

In that respect they would seem to get away with somehow always remaining in power one way or the other..

and they have people working for them and carrying out things for them who may create immorral principles and laws or act as authoritarians who carry out acting like the Military . Police or security who know no better and just act for them, as they are chosen for being stronger (maybe cleverer or mentallyin the relevant areas) or armed and the masses can often not easily oppose them, unless they risk their lifes are are able to fight back somehow.

There are so many things that can happen, even what seem like simple things.. in which they can bring in the most ridiculas suggestions to create issues and problems to the public..

I think it is like Chess.. in which the top players are able to move the pieces to their advantage and only those opponents at the same level would be able to have much chance to work out their strategies and to try to counter their moves..

In ref to the Sexual Harrasment issues..Maybe its often those in some sort of power that are in better positions to attempt to persue such a thhing with less chance of being challenged about it..

And maybe especially with the Male species..(or maybe in reverse in someways for the female species) they can see both sides to it or more.. or there are mixed powerful people who may have certain effects on what may happen or any laws that may or may not get applied, or on who maybe could judge someone suggested as being guilty or not..

I think Its a very tricky area..

On the one hand I think most people may oppose to anyone sexualy harrashing their family female members, sisters mothers.. etc..  BUT at the same time I think a large % of males like to look at other females in sexual ways..
and that applies at any level.. from the average man to Presidents..and maybe sexual attraction for some is too powerful thing to easily control..

and I suspect no doubt thru out history.. its just always gone on and its only in the modern age we get to beware more of such reports about it..

Maybe many of us would not have been here if some sort of sexual harrassment had not taken place..

so when one starts to think in those terms it becomes maybe even harder to make judgement on..

BUT in an ideal World... everything should be speaky clean..
and no one should make sexual remarks and we should always go about such relationship type approachs in a set acceptable way...

but I think for many... its very hard for them to consider...
and / or  humans personalities and behaviours vary so much...

and its maybe not a topic or subject that is easily explained or taught... and parents have often not been able to discuss with their children.. and there fore so often the less educated will act in often unacceptable ways or will allow certain things to happen when they should not...

But power, strength (..mentally, psychologial etc) and intellect also play their parts, as well as dominance & submissiveness...
or a persons ability to take control over someone..

and all those things are a very hard formula to consider..
as there are just so many variations in our species..

and we are just not perfect !

Therefore I have often have not answer to certain things anymore !  Life can seem too complex..

but what ever happens ...happens..and often this will involve what is seen as corruption type endevers..

BUT how does one judge.. again we seem to have such variation..

The Pauper  (Poor person)who knows little and may seem to have less abilities  Verse the Well educated well brought up and well fed in higher society...

if something happens with say two opposite type  persons...
say for eg.. where either were to to say rape someone for eg..

often the well educated may talk their way into geting what they want with their target... or  if they get reported .. they can often talk their way out of a bad situation...or be able to obtain and pay for top lawyers to help then get away with it ..

but the poor person who may have had little guidence in life or is less clever .. may not really be able to do so or does not really know what maybe right or wrong...and were easily led or maybe even say talked into say raping someone...

I believe many people are never have ever been informed as to be warned what rape maybe..  are often act out of either disire or based on acting on others suggestons..or them being eged on by others...where a person may then think that they have to prove themselves to showing that they can get or have sex..so force their way onto someone to prove that they can..

There are NO doubt possibilities to lay down certain rules that we should follow.. but again it maybe down to what degree..
as as we are not equal.. there will always be concerns as to how we may apply to them..

then it maybe seen as being judged in how we apply or act to them..

Some suggest that its often a case of being Honest or dishonest in terms of how we may judge our actions..

BUT... again I think its very hard to ever be completely honest.. and there are times when its not always in one best interests to be honest..

and sometimes.. its other dishonest factors maybe say poor laws that have been created that will make people act dishonest..

I read a book on such a subject...and for a while though that it may have been the answers I had been looking for..

and some of it I may agree with...

BUT as life moves on you still see all the flaws that is not always explained.. and then one may realise that there are still many other factors in life to easily make judgments on many things..

Sometimes one can make judgements that may agree with given manmade laws... BUT Morally or in other ways..one may view something... its often just not straight forward..and again maybe down to individuals opinions..

Maybe if we all had equal HIGHEST abilities.. we could act along those type of suggestions..

but otherwise I just see so many things hard to judge..
and there always seems more than one option as to what maybe seen as right or wrong..and often depends on each or  the persons individual circustances..or  YIn and Yang maybe..

There is a hypothesis of sorts that comes up sometimes, especially in new age circles. It is the notion that our culture is ruled by psychopaths and sociopaths.  The people who end up in charge are good at lying and cheating because that's the path to power, by nature.

So, I wonder......could this new found lynch mob mentality about sexual harassment have a good effect if it eliminates or reduces the number of monsters in politics?  OTOH, can the remaining "saints" (perhaps less sexually charged) really get anything useful accomplished?  I think about President Carter vs LBJ or Nixon.  Carter is a truly decent person who would make a good neighbor.....but President? Not so much.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:32:37 pm by astr0144 »

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »
Let me try to make the point clearer.  Suppose I knew someone just like Hillary or Trump.  Neither of them are anyone I would do business with or trust or even be friends with. They're repellent.  How about Nixon? LBJ? J. Edgar Hoover?   Bill Clinton is charming but no one I would care to spend time with.  Obama seems utterly fake, unreal.
How about Tony Blair? (utterly untrustworthy).  Again and again, these leaders are people we might support politically but NOT people I can imagine as a friend.

So, there's a paradox here

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 08:35:14 pm »
You refer to Carter making a good or better neighbor than some of the other Presidents, but Carter not being suited maybe as a president in your opinion !

Then you refer to a list of other Presidents that I think most you suggest are corrupt...and that also  you would not want any of them as neighbors or to be social with them..

Some may say then that none of them were suitable leaders, yet they were or are still in some sort of position !

Maybe if you see them as being corrupt.. that you just would not trust them in either way..

but who if anyone,  would you see as suitable as President ? that you may also think suitable socially ?

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 09:00:13 am »
Well, that's the paradox, isn't it !!!!   The highly effective leaders are monsters and the nice ones (very few?) get little accomplished. Again, we may have a selection process in which only the truly twisted break thru the barriers put up by the Deep State - hence, no 'nice' President can ever emerge - or if they did, by some accident, they would get 'dealt with' If You Know What I Mean......

There's a saying that 'you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet' but I don't see much ends appearing that would justify the means currently.  Like many Americans, I hoped that Trump would get us away from all this pointless war and spend the resources on domestic needs but that isn't going to happen.  Instead, I now believe that there is no alternative for achieving peace other than a severe breakdown of the US - which will prevent further folly.

Example: Britain is agonizing over big cuts to their military that will leave them with an army smaller than the NYC police force.  Still, they obsess about confronting Russia by stationing troops in Poland/eastern Europe.  It's just insane.....

Getting back to the topic, I wonder if more females and less charged males in office will help to pacify things.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 12:03:05 pm »
On a quick reply for now..may reply in more detail later.

When we either live long enough to come to certain conclusions or are made aware of how things seem to be ...

One may question how would ANYONE want to risk being Chosen to be President or a open leader, when they are aware of the high risk involved and so much corruption and danger around...

and maybe that could be similar to questioning why would anyone risk joining the Forces... when the dangers must be greater than almost all other professions when you are fully mature enough to understand the real dangers involved,as brave as they maybe and often younger people who join without enough life experience to reaslise the true dangers involved if they have to eventually go to a real war situation..

But so many do somehow get through it and survive !

But in reality , Life for such persons who are in power,  no longer is the fairy tale ideal life scenerio anymore..unless you believe that you can be protected from the nasty side of life...and can see solutions..

Otherwise it seems as if its the Bully type or Criminal type who take the lead...

BUT are they also under the same threat ! in the event that maybe the good guys dont wish to be seen on the pedistal..
and prefer to work behind the scenes.. and would not want to risk open exposure..

Could that be going on equally as we believe a large corruption element are in control if that is how it maybe ?

I suspect so to some extent..

But is it an evil force that seems to control Puppet type leaders who we see as appearing in power ?

and can they also be challeneged ?

One wonders if Good Type ETs are here.. are they able to have certain control over the bad guys..

In ref to Females.... We have had Mrs Thacher and now Mrs May at Numer 10 as Primeminister..

and HilLary attempted to become President..

Yes Female lead can have some effects..as It appears that they have had in some cases..

But It maybe hard to conclude are they any better or honest ?
Again its each owns opinions..

and to really know the truths one would have to really beware of Polictics to a high degree and have a really good undersanding what goes on in the world..

Most of us are not in that position..

But there are many like us who may TRY to gain a reasonable understanding..and I think have done to a reasonable degree in some cases..

But I dont really have any ideal solution..at the moment..

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:27:49 pm by astr0144 »

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 09:01:17 pm »
I think things may be different if more women generally get into office -like Kirsten Gillibrand or Tulsi Gabbard - NOT like Hillary or Thatcher who are trying to compensate for not being males.  It was psycho- Hillary who nearly promised war with Russia in an American Legion speech.

I do think we need to seriously consider that aliens are here and perhaps intervening quietly.  Whatever their actions, they must respect evolution and some sort of Prime Directive thereby. 

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 09:20:07 pm »

Whatever their actions, they must respect evolution and some sort of Prime Directive thereby.

really?  how do you come by such a human explanation..does not compute

there's no one here but us stupid humans  - very slow learners we are

power corrupts no matter the gender..it's just been pretty one sided for a long stretch of time

and things will only change when the number one rule of treating others the way you wanted to be treated is used..
so simple it's hard to grasp..isn't it... :(

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 06:05:15 am »
Living as we do, as stupid humans, we lack the attitude towards time that a highly advanced race would almost certainly have.  Our lives are dominated by 'three score and ten'.

And evolution?  That's the way life is developed and grows.  The fossil record is a skillion 'smoking guns' of creatures that appeared, changed and often, vanished.  If it wasn't for creationism, there wouldn't be any discussion about its validity.  An advanced alien group has to know this and integrate it into their way of life.

And more than that, they MUST have the superior intelligence to understand the foolishness of well meaning interventions.......like Iraq .....and Afghanistan......and Syria .......and Korea.......and Libya......

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 10:42:18 am »

ya know 8thman  this post will get me in trouble but i'll say it anyway

a belief in aliens is like a belief in god/s..
you give all your power and all  the responsibility to someone besides yourself

you wait for someone / something other than you to fix it and either punish you or pat you on the head

a realisation that we are it the be all and end all..
that's where change happens
that's where you really get to see what is what

can you do it all by  yourself..maybe not right away..but you can be that one person to make a change by showing how taking your power back and responsibility for your power does move others to do the same..

it's really easier than you think

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 12:05:14 pm »
Lynch mob mentality Eighthman?  No, we just want to be treated like people, instead of property.  We want to be able to  wear normal clothes, have normal conversations,  without being accused of leading someone on.
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 05:53:37 pm »
I understand Dustin Hoffman is accused of sexual harassment.............that happened 34 years ago. 

This is ridiculous. Now it might be that, as society makes reporting these offenses less onerous, these extremes will fade away.  Otherwise, we will decline into de facto tribalism.  I never would have predicted that US society would ever get so weirdly Puritanical about sex.  And the direction of that neo-puritanism is truly sick because the end result will be aversion to stable unions between people ......in favor of recreational sex with robots.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 06:41:50 pm »
With so much having come out recently and so many known people being accussed of Sexual Harrashment..

How does any one prove it after so long... and no doubt anyone can be accussed of almost anything...
and often mud sticks even if one is later able to prove that they were innocent..

Or bad people can decide to lable some good person in order to just try  to bring them down.

At the same time if any of us has been abused in someway... often such persons do not report or do anything about it...
and it can haunt them for many years...

and maybe only when they see others report cases from some time ago, they may later have gained the strength to report a long time ago incident..

Then we also may have wonders about Karma... have we deserved to have had something bad happen..if we may had done something questionable in our past..

Or we maybe just are unsure and are able to find it hard to make a conclusion..
or we are concerned that such things may also go on to effect other associates of either our own friends or family or someone elses..

If we have a past issue with some individual... is it purely between them and us ?  or does it lead to having many of their friends and family / supporters getting involved..also... that makes what may have started as a minor issue that it later becomes a major issue ...and it may lead to others getting involved and hurt due to connected effects ..

So it may make an indivual initially involved, wanting to back off...if they were to consider consequences....
or should that person do what ever it takes to fight their case ? no matter who else may get involved..
Often we want to clear our name or stick up for what we see as being right.. but again something simple can become a later ridiculas situation...

Many a time its hard to know what actions one should take... and will it lead to further bad situations or to clear ones conscience..

Such conflicts, can end up having people knowing ones private business and being targeted who we may not even know !
and ones life can become a nightmare.. if say the other person involved in the conflict has influences towards others who then also want to oppose the other person..

I am sure we have all either experienced such things or seen it occur to others..or at least seen it on some soap TV program.. and you get cases where one of the people have a large family or a lot of associates Verses someone who may be a type of self individual with few associates..  and the other person has far more back up support...
so much so.. that the other Self individual person may feel that they are up against a army !

So they may decide that they will not risk trying to oppose to try to clarify a situation if they may foresee the issues that may arise..I think this type of eg can also apply to those who are in power and maybe quite often you get a corrupt person who may have have a lot of associates who would stick up for them.. and pressure the other person...

and when such things happen.. its hard to see a solution for the other person.. even if he is innorcent...
unless he has some strong back up or evidence to support their case should it go to Court..

But this sort of thing can happen in harrashment / bullying type situations.. or persons who may attempt to make some fake claim about an other..

In one Soap that I have seen on and off over the last year or so... this sort of thing has happened to one of the characters.. and he is trying to find ways to take his revenge...

I understand Dustin Hoffman is accused of sexual harassment.............that happened 34 years ago. 

This is ridiculous. Now it might be that, as society makes reporting these offenses less onerous, these extremes will fade away.  Otherwise, we will decline into de facto tribalism.  I never would have predicted that US society would ever get so weirdly Puritanical about sex.  And the direction of that neo-puritanism is truly sick because the end result will be aversion to stable unions between people ......in favor of recreational sex with robots.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:05:43 pm by astr0144 »

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 07:02:26 pm »
That may be the Problem Space otter...

Most of us Humans cannot compute well enough to conclude..

and I feel certain that definately applies to quite a high % of the population...
be it they just have not been made aware or do not have the intellect developed enough to understand..

Thanks for your opinion that only us Humans are here !  ???  With all your long time research into the subject that this is what you have concluded...

Maybe others who may still wonder will come to such conclusions eventually over more time for each individual persons research and take on it..

Or maybe someone else may still have other thoughts on the matter that one day may change such minds...

Space Otter
really?  how do you come by such a human explanation..does not compute

there's no one here but us stupid humans  - very slow learners we are

power corrupts no matter the gender..it's just been pretty one sided for a long stretch of time

and things will only change when the number one rule of treating others the way you wanted to be treated is used..
so simple it's hard to grasp..isn't it... :(

Yes I agree that Many now do see Aliens as types of Gods... and Ancient Aliens TV program often discuss or may make such claims .. and for some they may well wonder...as it is another type of religion to some I think.

But also our Cleverest Humans I believe are looked upto like Gods also to a reasonable degree by many...
and it is them that are born with more god like Intellect ! that often are the Gifted thinkers or creators of our World..
For what ever reason they are born with or have deleveloped the required or extra brain matter...

But I also still think that there are still a lot of things that have yet to be really explained and ETs could still be one present consideration to offer some answers to such questions..

Some still suggest that Humans could be created from some sort of ET race... so how do we know we are not...
or could some of our leaders be some more advanced  other species in disguise to us !  and that could be hard to prove !   As I would well imagine that they could shapeshift or be like camelons...or become invisible .. as we are able to almsot create such technology in some ways as we are now...so how much more advanced could some other species be ?

a belief in aliens is like a belief in god/s..
you give all your power and all  the responsibility to someone besides yourself

you wait for someone / something other than you to fix it and either punish you or pat you on the head

a realisation that we are it the be all and end all..
that's where change happens
that's where you really get to see what is what

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:44:40 pm by astr0144 »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]