collapse

Author Topic: Rare Moon mineral found in Australia  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
Rare Moon mineral found in Australia
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:52 am »
Tranquillityite was here on Earth all along  ;D

Australian scientist Birger Rasmussen said tranquillityite had "long been considered as the Moon's own mineral" until geologists discovered it, by chance, in rock from resources-rich Western Australia.

"In over 40 years it hadn't been found in any terrestrial samples," said Dr Rasmussen from Curtin University.

When the Moon samples first came back, Dr Rasmussen said they were considered to be "extremely precious" and had been subjected to intense, detailed study when, ironically, their contents were "right here all the time".

"They were always part of Earth. They haven't come from the Moon," he said of his work on the discovery, published in the journal Geology.

"It tells you that broadly overall you have similar chemistries and similar processes operating on the Moon as on Earth."

SOURCE:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-05/rare-moon-rock-found-in-australia/3760326

PHYSORG
(PhysOrg.com) -- Back in the heyday of the Apollo moon program, hundreds of pounds of rock samples were carted back to Earth by visiting astronauts. Those samples were then pored over more thoroughly by geologists than perhaps any other rocks in human history, and after all that study, three minerals were found that were unique to the moon: armalcolite, pyroxferroite and tranquillityite. The first two were subsequently found over the next ten years on the surface of the Earth as well, but the third, named after Tranquility Base, site of the first moon landing, had never been found here on this planet, at least not naturally, tranquillityite has been found in meteorite samples. But now that’s changed.

SOURCE:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-lunar-mineral-tranquillityite-western.html

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
Re: Rare Moon mineral found in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 06:21:05 am »
Full Paper can be found here for subscribers:

Tranquillityite: The last lunar mineral comes down to Earth Geology, January 2012, v. 40, p. 83-86, first published on November 23, 2011,

http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/40/1/83.full.pdf+html

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:12:52 am »
Actually a lot of those 'rocks' weren't really rocks after all....Take a look a the movie APOLLO 18... :o ;D ;)
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:29:31 am »
Hey Sarge thanks for the reminder to check Apollo 18!  I saw a link somewhere the other day which mentioned that its out on DVD now...somehow I missed the hoopla of cinema release which is not surprising  ;D

What was funny scouring a few articles to chuck into this thread is that I found that apparently the great Nasa couldn't even keep track of the dang rocks and lost a load of them  :o

Theres even a wikipedia entry on the topic which is funny because the only value those moon rocks have now to a buyer is the perceived value in exclusive ownership of a questionable space program on the black and white ball orbiting our planet LOL :D

Stolen and missing moon rocks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_and_missing_moon_rocks

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:15:28 am »
Hey Sarge thanks for the reminder to check Apollo 18!  I saw a link somewhere the other day which mentioned that its out on DVD now...somehow I missed the hoopla of cinema release which is not surprising  ;D

What was funny scouring a few articles to chuck into this thread is that I found that apparently the great Nasa couldn't even keep track of the dang rocks and lost a load of them  :o

Theres even a wikipedia entry on the topic which is funny because the only value those moon rocks have now to a buyer is the perceived value in exclusive ownership of a questionable space program on the black and white ball orbiting our planet LOL :D

Stolen and missing moon rocks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_and_missing_moon_rocks

Well there wasn't much hoopla as you say. ;).  Somanech, it was an ok movie, nothing to write home about except for the fact that they used a lot of APOLLO film and it did appear fairly realistic, i.e. the special effects weren't bad.
I won't tell you the plot or how it ended, except to say the movie solves the problem of missing moon rocks here on Earth! ;D 8)
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline johnlear

• Inner Circle - John's Den
  • Gold 32
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »
Since no Apollo mission ever went to the moon, how could there be any moon rocks?

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:39 pm »
Dutch moon rock proven fake

In his August 28, 2009 Associated Press story appearing in the Brisbane Times, Toby Sterling recounted how a spokesman for the Dutch National Museum, Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum, acknowledged on August 26, 2009, "that one of its prized possessions, a rock supposedly brought back from the moon by"…Apollo 11… "US astronauts, is just a piece of petrified wood.."…

Upon further investigation, all "moon" rocks may be found to be the same.  Gee I wonder why they are being stolen.....hmmmmm
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Captain Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 06:23:56 pm »
Look out - Hypothetical "if then" statement in 3,2,1...

If the "nanny bots" help us to evolve intellectually instead of using us as a recycling experiment, then we wouldn't have all these misguided perceptions.  ???

I think they forgot what they are, and why they were created - they are no greater > or > less than we are.

Are they greater than, or less than, or equal too, the sum of their own parts?

End Hypothetical...

Right now we are capable of creating "machines" that would allow us to live forever; Travel through time and back; Travel through multiple dimensions; Create dimensions, Planets, and yes even add equally to the Universe - even to the point of knowing whether we should do so or not... so whats holding us back?

I know one way to find out if the "Moon Rocks" we have are real or fake - lets go get some more!

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 08:26:31 pm »
Since no Apollo mission ever went to the moon, how could there be any moon rocks?

Thank you John, for once again being a beacon in a dark world  ;)

Of course! If nobody went to the Moon, then all the alleged 'Moon Rocks' are of the same composition of those on Earth, and therefore came from Earth!
And now we find they are releasing this fact!
Maybe because if somebody else goes to the Moon (If anybody can) they will might bring back some rocks that don't match what NAZA has been stating are 'Moon Rocks'!

How does all this affect any theories of the Moon's origin????
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 08:16:26 am »

;D

Ok John my theory goes like this:

-   A Secret unit within USGS (not even sure if they were called USGS back in those days) was commissioned with the task to scour the planet for hard to find minerals which could be palmed off as amazing finds by the Apollo-Naughts

-   Seeing they were most likely already in Oz scouring for other sites for bases and such and they know most of Oz is  for the most part desolate they instruct the secret team to find a mineral that is unknown and hard to find.   

-   The secret faction within USGS drive Willy's around the outback in earnest

They only part I'm not sure of is whether they drove Willys or some other vehicle to collect rocks ?  ;D

Whatcha think ?

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 04:42:03 pm »
hey, have you guys been nicking my material off ATS? :)

Fake Dutch 'moon rock' revealed

Yes, NASA appear to be lying a lot....

Because despite the fact that Apollo didn't happen how NASA say, a probe or secret operations could well have returned with Moon rock.

Alternatively aliens could have carried some here or an advanced human civilisation from The Moon. :D

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:49 pm »
Actually i am pretty sure there's a precious Gem stone set into one of
the Royal family's crowns? I'm pretty sure its quite big,pinkish in colour
and also VERY RARE.

ZORGON wrote about this gemstone and i cant for the life
of me find the info on it!   ::)  (was it just a dream??)

Z if ya reading buddy can ya remember? i am correct arnt i?
Of course we all know the true value of Helium3 in those moon rocks ;)
Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

Ivalen

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 03:46:43 pm »

sure

but you and others claim that we have bases on the moon. It doesn't have to be Apollo that brought them back.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56