collapse

Author Topic: AI Robots more dangerous than Nukes?  (Read 20383 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: AI Robots more dangerous than Nukes?
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »
It's not a question of being worth the risk, as this is not something that can be stopped,

It could be if enough of us didn't want it.  The problem is that so many of us do.  I'm looking forward to the day coming, when humanity realises that we truly were better off living in caves.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2017, 05:04:31 pm »
I'm looking forward to the day coming, when humanity realises that we truly were better off living in caves.
I wouldn't be here if that was the case, I would have died when I was 5 years old, with an asthma attack, or in any one of the other 4 occasions I had to go to the hospital and use technology to survive.

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2017, 03:59:48 pm »
If you like the AI subject and still did not watch this hypothetical video, i would suggest you go and check it.

SlaughterBots – A Dystopian Future Awaits

Not long ago, we discussed about the benefits of Artificial Intelligence. Interestingly, this morning I came across a nightmarish yet enlightening video released by ‘The Future of Life Institute’, an organization famous for their campaign to stop killer robots. This short film titled ‘Slaughterbots’, is an attempt to increase awareness of the dark side of developing autonomous weapons.

While this video might seem a little too disturbing or hair raising to some, it also throws a burning question –  “Where are we heading with our Great Technological Advancements?”

While some might brush this off as fiction, it would certainly be worthwhile to look at some highly-advanced military tech in existence. We should warn our readers that this might make all your fears about AI Apocalypse, seem totally real. So let’s get on with it.
Full Read: https://blogs.systweak.com/2017/11/slaughterbots-a-dystopian-future-awaits/

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »
The first nation that develops true AI will rule the world... Those words make more and more sense day by day.

Google’s Artificial Intelligence Built an AI That Outperforms Any Made by Humans

An AI That Can Build AI

In May 2017, researchers at Google Brain announced the creation of AutoML, an artificial intelligence (AI) that’s capable of generating its own AIs. More recently, they decided to present AutoML with its biggest challenge to date, and the AI that can build AI created a “child” that outperformed all of its human-made counterparts.

The Google researchers automated the design of machine learning models using an approach called reinforcement learning. AutoML acts as a controller neural network that develops a child AI network for a specific task. For this particular child AI, which the researchers called NASNet, the task was recognizing objects — people, cars, traffic lights, handbags, backpacks, etc. — in a video in real-time.

AutoML would evaluate NASNet’s performance and use that information to improve its child AI, repeating the process thousands of times. When tested on the ImageNet image classification and COCO object detection data sets, which the Google researchers call “two of the most respected large-scale academic data sets in computer vision,” NASNet outperformed all other computer vision systems.

According to the researchers, NASNet was 82.7 percent accurate at predicting images on ImageNet’s validation set. This is 1.2 percent better than any previously published results, and the system is also 4 percent more efficient, with a 43.1 percent mean Average Precision (mAP). Additionally, a less computationally demanding version of NASNet outperformed the best similarly sized models for mobile platforms by 3.1 percent.

Full Text: https://futurism.com/google-artificial-intelligence-built-ai/

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2023, 04:46:42 am »
Maybe in this day and age....(it's something to worry about)....
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2023, 05:50:08 pm »

Me, you and many many more people. Grows by the day. "like ai" but i am sure ai is way better than what we have access to. In fact that is the main certain I have.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 05:52:30 pm by RUSSO »

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2023, 06:18:12 pm »

ATLAS + CHAT GPT = ?

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2023, 01:49:00 pm »
Me, you and many many more people. Grows by the day. "like ai" but i am sure ai is way better than what we have access to. In fact that is the main certain I have.
Having studied AI several years ago and having done some programming in AI specific languages, I don't think we are seeing a huge advance in AI, what we are seeing is a huge advance in hardware that allows AI software to have access to huge volumes of information in a short time.

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2023, 09:06:06 pm »
Having studied AI several years ago and having done some programming in AI specific languages, I don't think we are seeing a huge advance in AI, what we are seeing is a huge advance in hardware that allows AI software to have access to huge volumes of information in a short time.

It is hilarious. Believing that the  version or the AI language learning model currently available to the public, is the same level of AI software that the military is using, because one have to be naive to even bring the idea that what we have been given access to is the cutting edge.

It is not us that are using CHATGPT. It is it using us for resourses purpose. We are feeding/building the wall of our prision. Am i the only one here that can see this shit?

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2023, 05:06:42 am »
It is hilarious. Believing that the  version or the AI language learning model currently available to the public, is the same level of AI software that the military is using, because one have to be naive to even bring the idea that what we have been given access to is the cutting edge.

It is not us that are using CHATGPT. It is it using us for resourses purpose. We are feeding/building the wall of our prision. Am i the only one here that can see this shit?
Having some limited knowledge of how the 'governments' work and I do mean all governing bodies, We are in for a world of hurt. I'm personally glad I'm closer to the end than the beginning. Heaven help you all..

Rock  8)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2023, 02:14:22 am »
Maybe, but I doubt the military is interested in chat bots, as they do nothing, only talk.

Now, if we were talking about real intelligence, that's another thing, but we are not much closer to that then we were in the 1980s, the only differences are the processing power and the amount of data that can be fed to an AI system these days.

Well, it gets nothing from me. :)

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2023, 04:20:00 am »
Maybe, but I doubt the military is interested in chat bots, as they do nothing, only talk.

Now, if we were talking about real intelligence, that's another thing, but we are not much closer to that then we were in the 1980s, the only differences are the processing power and the amount of data that can be fed to an AI system these days.
Well, it gets nothing from me. :)

Here's another simplistic view. If someone in power, decides to use a tool, they will to gain an advantage. Because the other guy is going to, so I better be ready.

And you actually think that you can't be deceived in giving up YOUR or someone else's ideas and power?

Rock  8)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2023, 11:35:16 am »
And you actually think that you can't be deceived in giving up YOUR or someone else's ideas and power?
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2023, 02:21:54 pm »
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
You said, Well they're not getting anything from me....

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2023, 04:53:17 pm »
You said, Well they're not getting anything from me....
Sorry, I still don't understand what you meant.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter