collapse

Author Topic: How the Global Warming Scare Began  (Read 6340 times)

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
How the Global Warming Scare Began
« on: March 20, 2015, 09:59:38 pm »
Dont recall to see this interesting presentation about global warming here. So if this was posted before just send me a PM.

I remember when, some time back, I even presented that Al gore's "movie" about it at college attending a sociology class when i was doing my degree. ::)

[youtube]SyUDGfCNC-k[/youtube]
A great scientist named Roger Revelle had Al Gore in his class at Harvard and the Global Warming campaign was born. Revelle tried to calm things down years later, but Gore said Revelle was Senile and refused to debate. John Coleman documents the entire story and shows how our tax dollars are perpetuating the Global Warming alarmist campaign even though temperatures have not risen in years and years.

Coleman, a former broadcast meteorologist of the year of the American Meteorological Society (AMS), explains that after being a member for several years, he quit the AMS after it became very clear to him that “the politics had gotten in the way of the science.” Coleman explains that there is no man-made global warming, and he’s sure of it.

Coleman says that if there were evidence of man-made global warming, he would have been dedicated his life to stopping it:

“I love our wonderful planet Earth. If I thought it was threatened by global warming, I would devote my life to stopping the warming!”
Now they call it “climate change” instead of global warming, because the warming has stopped, says Coleman, and that $4.7 billion in taxpayer money is funding “bogus reports” and “bogus research.”

Coleman explains that any warming or “climate change” is extremely negligible from a long-term perspective and certainly nothing unusual or alarming, and points out that Antarctic sea ice is close to an all-time high, and the polar bear population is as high as it’s been in recorded history.

In regards to rising sea levels, Coleman says that:

“It’s rising at about the rate of about six inches per hundred years, as part of this inter-glacial period. When North America was covered in a 400 foot thick ice core at the end of the last ice age, the oceans were low, and then as that ice melted, of course the oceans have risen. That rise has been gentle and is not important.”
At about the 11:30 mark, Coleman begins a detailed explanation about just how the global warming hoax was started and heated up, including how Al Gore got involved in the movement.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55386875
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:01:23 pm by RUSSO »
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
Re: How the Global Warming Scare Began
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:38:48 am »
Contrary to what Zorgon believes, whether global warming is man-made or natural, it is still important - if catastrophic changes occur.  A 5 mile wide comet impact would be natural but it would also be important.

space otter

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:52:30 pm »
I think the disinfo is by the  gov to keep the panic at bay.. hey if we are fighting over names  who's paying attention... just us

well  edgar said the poles would flip
http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/blog.aspx?id=3030

and be fore that.. all this mess..that is currently happening  .weather  ;) :P  you believe him or not   basically the planet magnetics play a great big chunk of why
the jet stream  is controled by the magnetics of not just the earth but the sun moon and all those other space orbs

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/jet-stream-manipulation-is-fueling-weather-extremes/

Jet Stream Manipulation Is Fueling Weather Extremes
January 11, 2015

this is an opinion piece leading into a very good but long bunch of info

The entire climate science community pretend to be scratching their heads over the ever more erratic jet stream patterns. The "experts" continue to come up with various explanations as to why the jet stream is behaving the way it is, but all of these explanations are willfully blind to the geoengineering elephant in the room. Ionosphere heater installations located around the globe are a major component of the ongoing climate engineering. These extremely powerful and dangerous facilities are being used to manipulate the jet stream. The climate science community as a whole is turning two blind eyes to the ongoing geoengineering insanity while Earth's climate and life support systems are being systematically torn apart. If the current trajectory of planetary destruction continues for much longer, we will have nothing left to salvage of our planet. We must ALL hold the "experts" to account. Email them, their associates, local media, groups, agencies, etc, and share these email contacts with others so that they can do the same. It's up to all of us to take every step possible in the critical effort to raise awareness with the still uninformed public and to give notice to those that are lying for the establishment that we know they are lying. The article below sheds more light on the increasingly destructive weather on our planet, even though the researcher/author of this piece will not mention the climate engineering issue. I have passed substantial amounts of geoengineering data on to the author (Robert Scribbler) and had nothing but silence as a response. Scribbler, just like the climate science community, knows that mentioning anything about the geoengineering issue is a very bad career decision, or worse. This being said, the article does accurately outline the rapidly increasing destruction from ever worsening weather. The entire climate system is unravelling, climate engineering is a major factor in this equation.
Dane Wigington
geoengineeringwatch.org

and that’s why the gov-o-men is doing things like this

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=8049.0

NASA Launches 4 Spacecraft To Solve Magnetic Mystery
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/13/nasa-launches-spacecraft-_n_6861150.html?utm_hp_ref=science

vid at link

NASA Launches 4 Spacecraft To Solve Magnetic Mystery

AP   
  Posted:  03/13/2015 12:57 am EDT    Updated:  03/13/2015 3:59 pm EDT

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — NASA launched four identical spacecraft Thursday on a billion-dollar mission to study the explosive give-and-take of the Earth and sun's magnetic fields.

The unmanned Atlas rocket — and NASA's Magnetospheric Multiscale spacecraft — soared into a clear late-night sky, right on time, to cheers and applause.

The quartet of observatories will be placed into an oblong orbit stretching tens of thousands of miles into the magnetosphere — nearly halfway to the moon at one point. They will fly in pyramid formation, between 6 miles and 250 miles apart, to provide 3-D views of magnetic reconnection on the smallest of scales.

Magnetic reconnection is what happens when magnetic fields like those around Earth and the sun come together, break apart, then come together again, releasing vast energy. This repeated process drives the aurora, as well as solar storms that can disrupt communications and power on Earth. Data from this two-year mission should help scientists better understand so-called space weather.

Each observatory resembles a giant octagonal wheel, stretching more than 11 feet across and 4 feet high, and weighing 3,000 pounds apiece. They're numbered and stacked like tires on top of the rocket, with No. 4 popping free first more than an hour after liftoff, followed every five minutes by another.

Once the long, sensor-laden booms are extended in a few days, each spacecraft could span a baseball field.

Principal investigator Jim Burch from the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio said measurements will be made down to the electron scale, significantly smaller than previous heliophysics missions. In all, there are 100 science sensors. Primary science-gathering will begin this summer, following a five-month checkout.

The findings from the $1.1 billion mission will be useful in understanding magnetic reconnection throughout the universe. Closer to home, space weather scientists along with everyone on Earth hopefully will benefit.

"We're not setting out here to solve space weather," Burch said. "We're setting out to learn the fundamental features of magnetic reconnection because that's what drives space weather."

___

Online:

NASA: http://mms.gsfc.nasa.gov/index.html

Southwest Research Institute: http://www.swri.org

you can call it whatever and debate it’s happening .. but it is happening and is big time change..this is the where you should have had your seat belt on.. the ride started back a few

in my own personal opinion.. we are being given lots of time to move or change or do what we can
before the dang thing turns inside out completely..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:59:59 pm by space otter »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:59:26 pm »
the planet magnetics play a great big chunk of why
the jet stream  is controled by the magnetics of not just the earth but the sun moon and all those other space orbs
Do they really? How?  ???

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:00:06 pm »
Contrary to what Zorgon believes, whether global warming is man-made or natural, it is still important - if catastrophic changes occur.  A 5 mile wide comet impact would be natural but it would also be important.

The problem is, the more time passes the more I suspect that it is all about to create more taxes to put some countries in the leash.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

space otter

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 01:15:13 pm »

Do they really? How?  ???

it's not really new info...the cards have been dealt...it's up to us how we play them

http://www.space.com/11506-space-weather-sunspots-solar-flares-coronal-mass-ejections.html
Space Weather: Sunspots, Solar Flares & Coronal Mass Ejections

by Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com Contributor   |   February 02, 2015 10:10pm ET
Though the sun lies 93 million miles (149 million km) from Earth, its unceasing activity assures an impact on our planet far beyond the obvious light and heat. From a constant stream of particles in the form of solar wind to the unpredictable bombardment from solar flares and coronal mass ejections, Earth often feels the effects of its stellar companions. Less noticeable are the sunspots crossing the solar surface, though they are related to the more violent interactions. All of these fall under the definition of "space weather."
long article at link

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/4/045001/article

View by subject 
Subject areas:
All Subjects Accelerators, beams and electromagnetism Astrophysics and astroparticles Atomic and molecular physics Biological physics Chemical physics and physical chemistry Computational physics Condensed matter: electrical, magnetic and optical Condensed matter: structural, mechanical & thermal Education and communication Electronics and devices Environmental and Earth science Fluid dynamics Gravitation and cosmology Instrumentation and measurement Mathematical physics Medical physics Nanoscale science and low-D systems Nuclear physics Optics, quantum optics and lasers Particle physics and field theory Plasma physics Quantum gases, liquids and solids Quantum information and quantum mechanics Semiconductors Soft matter, liquids and polymers Statistical physics and nonlinear systems Superconductivity Surfaces, interfaces and thin films  Last Week Last Month This Year Last Year 3 Years 5 Years 10 Years All Dates   

Environmental Research Letters
 Volume 8 
 Number 4 

The interplanetary magnetic field influences mid-latitude surface atmospheric pressure

OPEN ACCESS Focus on High Energy Particles and Atmospheric Processes

Abstract

The existence of a meteorological response in the polar regions to fluctuations in the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) component By is well established. More controversially, there is evidence to suggest that this Sun–weather coupling occurs via the global atmospheric electric circuit. Consequently, it has been assumed that the effect is maximized at high latitudes and is negligible at low and mid-latitudes, because the perturbation by the IMF is concentrated in the polar regions. We demonstrate a previously unrecognized influence of the IMF By on mid-latitude surface pressure. The difference between the mean surface pressures during times of high positive and high negative IMF By possesses a statistically significant mid-latitude wave structure similar to atmospheric Rossby waves. Our results show that a mechanism that is known to produce atmospheric responses to the IMF in the polar regions is also able to modulate pre-existing weather patterns at mid-latitudes. We suggest the mechanism for this from conventional meteorology. The amplitude of the effect is comparable to typical initial analysis uncertainties in ensemble numerical weather prediction. Thus, a relatively localized small-amplitude solar influence on the upper atmosphere could have an important effect, via the nonlinear evolution of atmospheric dynamics, on critical atmospheric processes.

http://www.space.com/19280-solar-activity-earth-climate.html
Tiny Solar Activity Changes Affect Earth's Climate

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/10/09/a-link-between-the-solar-magnetic-field-and-weather-patterns-on-earth-may-explain-our-lower-than-normal-severe-weather-in-2013/
A link between the solar magnetic field and weather patterns on Earth may explain our lower than normal severe weather in 2013

PDF]Solar Influences on Climate.pdf - Imperial College London

www.imperial.ac.uk/.../Solar-Influences-on-Cli...
Imperial College London

by J HAIGH - ?2011 - ?Cited by 5 - ?Related articles
a warming of the planet due to an increase in solar irradiance probably results in the ..... the various processes influencing each nuclide are very different so that by ... For example GCRs are influenced by the solar magnetic field far away from the ..... of increasing solar activity is to weaken the jet stream winds which flow ...

http://www.sott.net/article/232298-Connecting-the-Dots-Cosmic-Changes-Planetary-Instability-and-Extreme-Weather

Sun

Connecting the Dots: Cosmic Changes, Planetary Instability and Extreme Weather

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 01:22:24 pm »
I think the disinfo is by the  gov to keep the panic at bay..

Maybe... but for that, they have better topics like nuclear war fear mongering. ;)

I think this is more an economic issue.

space otter

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »
Russo
I agree but I also think the weather hits us all and more often than not most ARE influenced by the so called news..hey folks no biggie ..it's just temporary...

it is not..

Offline Glaucon

• Blank
  • Gold 13
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Silicon Valley has such a strange atmospheric composition today, I have my D5300 in the courtyard on a tripod ready for..I dunno...but it's ready. Lot's of persistent contrails today. Wish I was a meteorologist.
"The beginning of wisdom comes with the definition of terms" -Socrates

"..that the people being ignorant, and always discontented, to lay the foundation of government in the unsteady opinion and uncertain humour of the people, is to expose it to certain ruin" -Locke

Offline SerpUkhovian

• Gold 17
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 08:02:09 am »
Margret Thatcher used Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming as a tool to break the coal miner’s union in Great Britain during the mid-1980s.  She funded the University of East Anglia and the Climatic Research Unit to “prove” manmade global warming from burning coal and other fossil fuel.  After the political damage was done, the British Government walked away from the subject.

Later, Maurice Strong of Canada took up the banner of CAGW and championed the cause in the United Nations.  Finding a willing audience interested in spending other people’s money, the UN mushroomed the concept of Global Warming into several policy organizations such as United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the World Summit on Sustainable Development (Agenda 21).

While the Earth underwent a period of natural warming in the 1990’s, the public bought into the concept of CAGW.  After the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, people began to get an understanding of the true amount of money these unelected bureaucrats intended to extract from the industrialized nations.  This money was being used to secure the power and wealth of a small group of ‘elites’  while being used a pay off third world countries to prevent them from developing.   The fashionable and trendy ‘Save the whales’ and ‘green the economy’ are being supplanted by ‘it is going to cost how much?’ and ‘we are being forced into what kind of lifestyle?’.

The proponents of manmade global warming are now fighting an uphill battle.
Have you noticed since everyone has a cell phone these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 03:36:55 pm »
Margret Thatcher used Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming as a tool to break the coal miner’s union in Great Britain during the mid-1980s.  She funded the University of East Anglia and the Climatic Research Unit to “prove” manmade global warming from burning coal and other fossil fuel.  After the political damage was done, the British Government walked away from the subject.
Just because something is used as a political tool does not make it untrue.  Some of the wealthiest people on Earth find it politically expedient to try to convince us global warming does not matter.  It does matter, whether it is man-made or not!

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »
Just because something is used as a political tool does not make it untrue.  Some of the wealthiest people on Earth find it politically expedient to try to convince us global warming does not matter.  It does matter, whether it is man-made or not!

THIS has been my point all along  GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL  It is happening on ALL THE PLANETS even as far out as Pluto.

Now unless you want to tell me that mankind is out there already as well... okay then :

But the "Global Warming: political scam is a joke. As far as coal goes  Sudbury Canada and Pitssburg both proved that putting a simple SCRUBBER on the chimney will remove the greenhouse gas and the sulfur dioxide emissions to next to ZERO with the added bonus of harvesting 100% pure sulfur

Pitsburg and Sudbury both have before and after pictures 50 years apart  Before nothing grew within 50 miles radius of the smelters  Today it's clean and green

space otter

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 07:54:38 pm »

maybe they should all be restricted to the same terminology

instead  just call it what it is    earth continuing to evolve..   the big change

we didn't start it and we won't stop it. .

humans are like gnats biting an elephant.    they make  soooooooooo little difference in this
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:56:52 pm by space otter »

Offline SerpUkhovian

• Gold 17
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 03:15:31 am »
Global warming is quite real. The contributions from the activities of humans are insignificant. The part to pay attention to is the mitigation efforts called for by unelected bureaucrats.  Changing the behavior of people has little effect on the Earth’s temperature, but has tremendous effect on the wealth and power of a few.
Have you noticed since everyone has a cell phone these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter