collapse

Author Topic: Immaculate Deception  (Read 58985 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
Re: Immaculate Deception
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2018, 03:15:50 pm »
I thought that the Nukes were mainly tested at the NTS range...

That appears just to the West of Groom Lake and Papoose..

I know  many Nukes were detonated underground... so I assume that was supposed to prevent or severely reduce any radiation effects....   We see numerous Craters when we view that area via Satellite  or google type maps.. But I am not sure if those craters are the effects of the ground sinking from undergound Nuke explosions... or if they are from what I assume were also above ground tested Nuke explosions...  MAYBE a combination of both.... or maybe the craters we see are just the above Nukes... I am not really sure without taking more time to try to investigate..

I know other parts of the Nevada Test and Training Range (N.T.T.R) have been used by the Military for other weapons testing or exercises... and that that Area is split into different sections..

where we have the N.T.T.R , Nellis Airforce Range /  Nellis Airbase and the Nevada Test Site ( N.T.S )

The N.T.S is mainly  to the West / South West of Groom lake..

But I am not sure if any Nukes were ever dropped outside the Nevada test Site... or at Groom Lake Specifically..to the East and South East of it..

I thought other surrounding areas were mainly Military Gunnery or Aircraft target  type ranges..

Groom lake area now (East and South East of it ) is mainly non Military Active as far as I am aware.
and the Groom lake base being Area 51 and its Airbase...with the large dry Lake bed / Run way...

As you know from 375 Highway to just the Border gate...along Groom lake Rd is 13 miles.. and another 13 miles from the Border entrance to the Base its self  ... 26 miles in total..

and you have 60 to 80 miles or So  to the South towards the 95 Highway...towards Indian Springs.

I used to believe Radiation effects from Nukes lasted years...Sometimes 1000s of years...
But was not sure at what sort of ranges.../ distances...

On now having looked at other various Information and that Nuke Bomb website...

I was a bit surprised to see that the radiations effects from mainly of those Lesser / Older type Bombs was not as great as I thought...  and if they do only have effects between 2 to 5 SQ Miles...
then it seems that those Nuke tests were not as bad as I thought, and nor were the effects of the bombs that they dropped on Japan in WW2..

So it does appear that the NTS is to the East of Papoose Lake and more than 5 miles away...

So we may think in that case , that maybe Papoose was not really effected by those Nuke tests..

BUT on other material that I have posted.... there are other arguments that suggested that on Strong Wind days... that the Radiation effects were blown and carried  in the wind several Miles.. as one major Town South East of the NTS / Papoose/ Groom Lake....called St Georges... and did get badly effected by those nuke tests in the earlier days....

On doing a quick distances search...which is not in a direct straighline....I could not find a direct distance listed.. but on splitting two locations and adding together... I got info suggesting...Its 68 miles from Mercury (closest town to the NTS ) to Las vegas and 122 miles from Las Vegas to St Georges..

Id estimate direct...that its about 150 to 180 Miles from the NTS to St Georges..

I have not as yet  come across any other articles that may suggest that other places effected in the same way that St Georges were.... I mean Las Vegas is even closer and I have seen and experienced severe dust storm hotting Las Vegas... as I am sure Zorgon has...

Unless generally the Wind directions for what ever reason from the NTS range... dont tend to hot Las vegas..Maybe due to MT Charlston and the surrounding Mountain range protects it more..

or the wind directions tend to pass more in the South East  direction of St Georges from the NTS..

SO... In My Opinion.... the Dust carried in the Winds...carried nuclear particles... that would land in numerous places around the NTS...depending upon wind strength and direction..

So it would suggest that those Particles are all over that Area.... and as Papoose is much closer than St Georges.... It must have been effected to some degree...

BUT maybe when the air is calm.. the dust settles and maybe as the particles are not in great close proximity.... that overall you do not not get greatly effected by them.... but if you get a strong wind dust storm.... you would get covered in many Radiation  particles mixed in the dust.... that I think could create bad effects on persons....

I think it just seems that if you get an initial Nuke Blast... you would be badly effected or killed if you are in that 2 to 5 mile range... but over time... the radiation effects are less...BUT the Particles are still active enough to still be a danger...until their half life effect has taken place enough to no longer be an issue... or the particles have settled to  ground level and only effect you if you come into contact with them....maybe if you walked barefoot on the desert floor for eg..

But it seems that the effects dont just stay in the atmosphere or air unless they are blown in the wind..

Its does appear that overall, it appears to be Safe for those who work within a reasonable close distance away from the NTS nuke testing areas... like at Groom Lake / Area 51....

It maybe also be that most workers... generally work inside thru out their days and not that many overall work outside... and they would only get effected if it there were strong winds / dust storms hitting the area if they were outside..

Probably it would be similar at S4, if it is at Papoose as we are led to believe..

I think generally thru out the year.. the weather in Nevada  is mostly calm..

How many days a year on average  they may get when the wind direction may come direct from the NTS area... I suspect would be relatively few..

Maybe Zorgon should be able judge  for the best...if he tends to be aware and note  it...
but often day to day.. we often are not really that aware of how many windy days there maybe in a avg year or what the direction of the wind maybe...

But he probably would have some idea how many dust storms may occur and mainly what time of the year they tend to  occur..

Astro, as I have I have pointed out in previous posts, the official record of bombing in the area states that Groom Lake was chosen for above ground atomic bombing for several reasons, including the fact it was a virgin target.

Yet here we are decades later, and hundreds of workers have worked there daily for decades quite safely.   On the other hand, Papoose lake has never been used as a target for bombing.

So which facility would be the safest to work at? 
One that has been the direct target of atomic bombing, or one that has not?

Although I referred to a FEW Miles... that maybe down to ones opinion as to what a Few is..
5 to 10 miles maybe seen as a few to some...

But if Papoose Lake is 11 Miles away from some Nuke Crater at the NTS... then its still reasonably close... but not just within the 2 to 5 miles range that we referred to in ref to the Radiation effects from initial Nuke bomb explosions that that Nuke Bomb website referred to..

so What is the distances between NTS and Papoose Lake... Not that far...only a few miles..

Actually no.

If you look at google satellite maps of the area the distance is 11 miles between the 2.

Even your diagram above shows a radiation radius of only 5 miles. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:30:02 pm by astr0144 »

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2018, 03:36:01 pm »
I recall some time back that Dan was having issues with Alien Scientist....and Ed Fouche  at one stage...and i know his opinions on Bob Lazar and other persons involved in the UFO related topics have varied...

I think now he even decided that Charles Halls Tall Whites has been a deceit ! he which he had done a lot of research on..and seemed keen to believe the story for some time..

I am still uncertain on it myself...   The way I see it... if just one UFO or real has been or is on this Planet.... then I could believe in numerous such suggestions...I could not just count it out..

Which some of the things that I became aware about in the earlier days ... that was one topic that I became as keen on as Bob Lazars story.

But I certainly know believe Ed Fouch in ref to the TR 3Bs... as I have now seen one myself !

So I really give him credit for that !  (Ed and Dan )

But I am not sure that I recall A.S being of any direct issues with yourself or John.. other than he may had been trying to debunk Bob or somethings that PRC may had wrote about Bob or John in ref to the Bob Lazar story..

Dan rarely posts any more on PRC... and I have not been in contact with Dan for some time..

But I think you keep more in contact with him....

I was wondering if you do connect with him .... if you could ask him to send you the video  and article that he claims that he had about Jerry Freeman.. That I think are different to that shown on Alien Scientist.. where he claims Jerry may not have referred to having seen things / lights at Papoose Lake.. but elsewhere ....

Alien Scientist is a criminal :P Ask ShotInTheDaRK :P

I also had to toss a a lawyer at him to remove some obvious slander directed at muself and John lear..

I don't doubt he has a debunk video :P But I don't pay much attention to that POS

Yes, it does seem surprising that they now allow or offer tours to that area...

Id love to know the real facts behind the radiation dust particles that I am sure are still all around that area...and how they may effect anyone in contact with them...even if you get the dust on your footware... and were later to touch it direct...as to how it may effect an inidividual..

They take tours out to the test site...  :P  Its not really that 'hot' these days though it is probably wise not to pick up any souvenir  :P

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:10:27 pm by astr0144 »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2018, 02:17:29 am »
Yes, it does seem surprising that they now allow or offer tours to that area...

Hu-mons have a morbid like for death :P

Id love to know the real facts behind the radiation dust particles that I am sure are still all around that area...and how they may effect anyone in contact with them...even if you get the dust on your footware... and were later to touch it direct...as to how it may effect an inidividual..

Start HERE

Nevada's hidden ocean of radiation
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/13/nation/na-radiation-nevada13

Over 41 years, the federal government detonated 921 nuclear warheads underground at the Nevada Test Site, 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Each explosion deposited a toxic load of radioactivity into the ground and, in some cases, directly into aquifers.

Tonic Water :P

They have successfully pressured federal officials for a fresh environmental assessment of the 1,375-square-mile test site, a step toward a potential demand for monetary compensation, replacement of the lost water or a massive cleanup.

"It is one of the largest resource losses in the country," said Thomas S. Buqo, a Nevada hydrogeologist. "Nobody thought to say, 'You are destroying a natural resource.' "

In a study for Nye County, where the nuclear test site lies, Buqo estimated that the underground tests polluted 1.6 trillion gallons of water. That is as much water as Nevada is allowed to withdraw from the Colorado River in 16 years -- enough to fill a lake 300 miles long, a mile wide and 25 feet deep.

At today's prices, that water would be worth as much as $48 billion if it had not been fouled, Buqo said.

In early 1951, atomic blasts started lighting up the sky over Las Vegas, then a city of fewer than 50,000. Early atmospheric tests spawned heavy fallout, and some areas are still so radioactive that anybody entering must wear hazardous-material suits. Later tests were done underground, leaving hundreds of craters that resemble otherworldly scars.

Each of the underground detonations -- some as deep as 5,000 feet -- vaporized a huge chamber, leaving a cavity filled with radioactive rubble.

About a third of the tests were conducted directly in aquifers, and others were hundreds or thousands of feet above the water table. Federal scientists say contamination above the aquifers should remain suspended in the perpetually dry soil, a contention that critics say is unproven.

In the hottest zones, radioactivity in the water reaches millions of picocuries per liter. The federal standard for drinking water is 20 picocuries per liter.

The Plutonium under ground will stay 'hot' for about 25,000 years

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2018, 02:26:47 am »
Yucca Mountain...

A safe repository for all our Nuclear Wastes from the entire USA... Since the area is ALREADY radioactive, why not store the rest there too? Especially since that waste will be in containers.

Well it was that SCHMUCK Harry Reid and that sad excuse for a president Obama that stopped it, even though all the money was spent to build it...

Well seems we can go ahead with that now...  :D

Report: Nuclear testing remnants remain radioactive

The Obama administration has starved the Yucca Mountain Project of funding but a federal court last year ordered the Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff to complete safety evaluations and proceed with licensing using what little funding remains.

Knapp and other scientists discussed the 270-page monitoring report outside the meeting at the National Atomic Testing Museum. They said it will be a very long time before tritium, the primary isotope they are tracking, travels through groundwater layers and reaches any off-site water supply wells. By then, tritium will have decayed to levels considered well within the safe drinking water standard.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-las-vegas/report-nuclear-testing-remnants-remain-radioactive/

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2018, 02:38:25 am »
The news media has ALWAYS lied to you :P

50 Years Later, The Tragedy of Nuclear Tests in Nevada

It was a popular theme among prominent commentators like syndicated columnist David Lawrence, whose wisdom appeared in the Washington Post and other leading newspapers. "The truth is," he wrote in spring 1955, "there isn't the slightest proof of any kind that the 'fallout' as a result of tests in Nevada has ever affected any human being anywhere outside the testing ground itself."

As golden anniversaries go, it's a somber occasion. In a forlorn expanse of desert scarcely an hour's drive northwest of Las Vegas, on Jan. 27, 1951, the Nevada Test Site went into operation by exploding an atomic bomb.

During more than a decade, mushroom clouds often rose toward the sky. Winds routinely carried radioactive fallout to communities in Utah, Nevada and northern Arizona. Meanwhile, news media dutifully conveyed U.S. Atomic Energy Commission announcements to downwind residents: "There is no danger."

In the region, journalists followed the national media spin and threw in some extra bravado. "'Baby' A-Blast May Provide Facts on Defense Against Atomic Attack," said a headline in the Las Vegas Sun on March 13, 1955.

That week brought the unveiling of a taller detonation tower -- 500 feet instead of the previous 300-foot height. The Las Vegas Review-Journal informed readers that the change would make them even more secure: "Use of taller towers from which atomic devices are detonated at the Nevada Test Site introduces an added angle of safety to residents living outside the confines of the Atomic Energy Commission's continental testing ground, nuclear scientists believe."

Eleven days later, when the "added angle of safety" did not prevent a hot storm of radioactive particles from blanketing the city, the Review-Journal reported that the day's events were benign. "Fallout on Las Vegas and vicinity following this morning's detonation was very low and without any effects on health," the newspaper explained.

Pundits of the day were eagerly patrolling ideological frontiers for the benefit of all Americans. The Los Angeles Examiner published a column by International News Service writer Jack Lotto under the headline "On Your Guard: Reds Launch 'Scare Drive' Against U.S. Atomic Tests." The article warned: "A big Communist 'fear' campaign to force Washington to stop all American atomic hydrogen bomb tests erupted this past week."

"Nuclear testing made the Cold War possible," Truman said a few days ago. "Without it, humanity could never have developed and deployed the weapons that still stand ever-ready to wipe our species off this planet." Unable to admit the inevitable health effects of nuclear tests, "all governments of all testing nations learned how to -- and perfected being able to -- lie to their own citizens."

https://www.commondreams.org/views01/0105-06.htm

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2018, 05:19:55 am »
Thanks for your  research and info that you posted Zorgon...

May still not be fully clear however as to if there have been or still are likely to be concern over dangerous Nuke particles that have travelled via winds to nearby surrounding areas as some other articles that I have read had suggested so..

and why would things be much if any different today ? when ever there are strong winds that maybe carrying atomic Particles towards Cities or towns like St Georges UT or Las Vegas NV..

That I suspect that the Govt may not wish to clarify...

and if people are effected by such things.. in what way does it tend to effect them...

Is it likely to cause more Cancers or illnesses or shorten life's  more  than most further away safer areas that maybe classed outside a danger zone ! if there are such places.. as I recall or know particles can travel many Miles thru the air currents before they settle back to ground level.

But I assume closer proximities will tend to have more chance or combined particles that increase higher risk of harm from them..

Being in a desert area... Its had to tell if any general vegetation or animals / insects is /are effected.. and higher areas like Mountain areas that may have more vegetation in desert areas...are less likely to be effected..as the particles are less likely to rise into too higher zones..

It maybe Desert type vegetation is less effected as its harsher  / more protected...

So Humans may not be able to really notice too well if there surrounding areas / environment are showing many signs of being effected..

The news media has ALWAYS lied to you :P

50 Years Later, The Tragedy of Nuclear Tests in Nevada

It was a popular theme among prominent commentators like syndicated columnist David Lawrence, whose wisdom appeared in the Washington Post and other leading newspapers. "The truth is," he wrote in spring 1955, "there isn't the slightest proof of any kind that the 'fallout' as a result of tests in Nevada has ever affected any human being anywhere outside the testing ground itself."

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2018, 07:19:02 am »
I found this that looks interesting....This shows wind directions and strength around the USA...

unfortunately it seems just for today from what I can see so far...

I was looking to try to find how general certain wind directions may tend to be at varying times of the year..

or maybe also in past dates / years..

There maybe some other similar websites that show such things..

You can zoom into what area you want to see in more detail..

Presently Winds around the NTS today April 25th 2018  dont seem to be moving from the NTS towards St Georges UT or Las Vegas... and probably are only light winds..

http://hint.fm/wind/

This shows some different months of the year for 2012 to get some idea how winds may vary...which you can click to appear live like back then...

I was looking for some evidence that there is a more regular wind pattern from the Direction of the NTS to the South to South East.... but overall I am not sure that the images / replay activity  seem to suggest that the winds tend to go in those directions..

I was also trying to see what Months may tend to be the most relevant to being in that direction or of higher concern / threat...

being in the desert areas... maybe overall the winds are calm...or even go in other directions..away from Las Vegas and St Georges..

Also  maybe the area is not seen as  that far from the west Coast...and the coastal winds may tend to come more from the South / South west..  Not sure how the Surrounding Mountain ranges may also effect  the areas..

This gives some details of the general yearly Wind directions at Las Vegas Mccarran Airport...

which seems to indicate that  the wind would actually act or oppose any threat from the NTS South East direction area... ie to oppose and  blow it towards the North  to North East direction...

https://www.windfinder.com/windstatistics/las_vegas_mccarran_airport

The article section should read 75 Miles North West of Las Vegas... NOT North East of it ...

Over 41 years, the federal government detonated 921 nuclear warheads underground at the Nevada Test Site, 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Each explosion deposited a toxic load of radioactivity into the ground and, in some cases, directly into aquifers.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:02:16 am by astr0144 »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2018, 10:42:04 pm »
Hiroshima... direct hit,

doing fine today.

Nagasaki... direct hit,

doing fine today.

In the image below, we see containment of radiation in the north, and no containment in the south.

The difference is in the mountain ranges in the north. Notice how they contain the spread -

Groom Lake... direct hit,

doing fine today.

Now note the numerous mountain ranges between the NTS and Papoose -

Papoose was protected on both sides by mountains and distance from both the NTS and Groom Lake Atomic bombing missions.

Hiroshima was a direct hit at ground zero.

And what was the reading today?

Current readings at the Rachel 'weather station' continue to be within normal limits.

And it's only a couple miles away.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:10:38 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2018, 05:26:59 am »
In Ref to the Japan WW 2 Nuke Bombings... Back then  those Nukes were much smaller compared to ones tested over the years at the NTS ... as was indicated in those Nuke web links we posted that gave Bomb size and radiation area effect details...

Where as the Nukes tested in the NTS  ....have been larger / higher radiation  level and numerous over more time..

But as the websites described the radiation threat of those tested were within a 5 SQ mile range as as I can make out.

The Mountains probably have contained much of their effect and also limited, protected, shielded or reduced the effects of the Winds..

Looking at that wind website however... It seemed that generally most winds tru out the various months of the year seemed to tend to be towards the North / North East... which would send any particle threats more towards Groom Lake / Rachel...

It probably mainly would be during quite intense dust type storms when particles would likey tend to travel and maybe they would only be spread out and and not combined to be too much of a threat..

BUT I wonder why it was suggested that there had been such a problem at St Georges where it suggested that winds had blown Nuke fall out towards that town.. that was over 150 miles away...

Most surounding Towns around the NTS are few or just small towns..

So I still have to question certain things...

But the Mountain Ranges between the NTS and Papoose Lake ...Probably or possibly could act in a way that they make any air currents from the NTS direction... to tend to rise higher via the Mountains directing the air flows upwards and the flow of air (containing such Nuke Particle )may well tend to pass over lower Papoose Lake valley area.... or the particles would be less when they may fall into the area as the winds speeds drop...

but generally I think thru out the year... that area is quite calm.. and that is quite possibly or probably why they choose it.. to contain it more..

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:00:00 am by astr0144 »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2018, 05:48:01 am »
In Ref to the Japan WW 2 Nuke Bombings... Back then  those Nukes were much smaller compared to ones tested over the years at the NTS ... as was indicated in those Nuke web links we posted that gave Bomb size and radiation area effect details...

Where as the Nukes tested in the NTS  ....have been larger / higher radiation  level and numerous over more time..
There are many things that can be different, besides the power of the bomb: if it was an underground detonation, if it was on the ground or above ground, how high it was above ground, the type of bomb used (atomic bombs come in different types, some release more radiation than others, some release more alpha and beta radiation and less gamma radiation than others, etc.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2018, 06:55:17 am »
Yes those factors probably vary quite a lot ArMaP..

I have not as yet read in detail the more indepth details of the Nuke Bombs tested...that I think Zorgon posted.

On testing... in terms of Nukes... I would ave thought that Gamma was the main concern that was a threat...
but were all the tests using Gamma... I am not sure..

I think generally the Underground testing effects would have been contained and may had been the most.. so its the above ground ones that would be the concerns.

I think I still need to satisy myself... that if St Georges in Utah ... over 150 miles away where the wind directions do not appear as being towards there.... Then why is / was it that it was quite severely effected ... and maybe its not being made clear if other surrounding areas in other directions have been effected in the same way at certain times when those tests have occurred..

Maybe for some reason... those effects happened in the earlier days and since... they altered somethings to alter the future tests to have less effects...

I need to do some further research to try to figure it out..

Some articles seem to suggest that the tests done between 1952 to 1957 were the ones that have caused most health concerns to anyone inside a certain range to the area...

Maybe More Bombs were tested in that period...but were generally smaller than the ones developed and tested in later years..

Area 51 / S4 were generally built and developed fully some years later .

some refs :

In a report by the National Cancer Institute, released in 1997, it was determined that the nearly ninety atmospheric tests at the Nevada Test Site (NTS) left high levels of radioactive iodine-131 (5.5 exabecquerels) across a large area of the continental United States, especially in the years 1952, 1953, 1955, and 1957. The National Cancer Institute report estimates that doses received in these years are estimated to be large enough to produce 10,000 to 75,000 additional cases of thyroid cancer in the U.S.

Downwind exposure produced by Nevada Test Site. This map strongly suggests that there are some state-specific differences in reporting.

From 1951 – mid-1962, the Nevada Test Site (NTS) was a primary site used for both surface and above-ground nuclear testing, with 86 tests at or above ground level, and 14 other tests underground, all of which involved releases of significant amounts of radioactive material into the atmosphere.

In the 1950s, people who lived in the vicinity of the NTS were encouraged to sit outside and watch the mushroom clouds that were created by nuclear bomb explosions. Many were given radiation badges to wear on their clothes, which were later collected by the Atomic Energy Commission to gather data about radiation levels.

In a report by the National Cancer Institute, released in 1997, it was determined that the nearly ninety atmospheric tests at the Nevada Test Site (NTS) left high levels of radioactive iodine-131 (5.5 exabecquerels) across a large area of the continental United States, especially in the years 1952, 1953, 1955, and 1957. The National Cancer Institute report estimates that doses received in these years are estimated to be large enough to produce 10,000 to 75,000 additional cases of thyroid cancer in the U.S.[13] Another report, published by the Scientific Research Society, estimates that about 22,000 additional radiation-related cancers and 2,000 additional deaths from radiation-related leukemia are expected to occur in the United States because of external and internal radiation from both NTS and global fallout.[9]

The threat of downwind exposure to radioactivity remaining at the Nevada Test Site from nuclear weapons tests was still an issue as late as 2007. The Pentagon planned to test a 700-ton ammonium nitrate-and-fuel oil "bunker buster" weapon. The planned "Divine Strake" test would have raised a large mushroom cloud of contaminated dust that could have blown toward population centers such as Las Vegas, Boise, Salt Lake City, and St. George, Utah. This project was cancelled in February 2007, in large part due to political pressure inspired by the threat of downwind exposure to radioactivity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downwinders

In the 1950s, people living close to the test site were encouraged to watch the nuclear tests from their porches. Many of the so-called Downwinders report setting their alarm-clocks so that they would not miss the early-morning detonations. Many were given radiation badges by the Atomic Energy Commission, so that their exposure dose could be recorded for field studies on the effects of nuclear fallout. Due to prevailing wind currents, the inhabitants of Utah were among those most affected by radioactive fallout. Radioactive particles such as iodine-131 can enter the body through contaminated air, food or drink and can lead to cancer once incorporated. Children in the small town of St. George, Utah may have received thyroid doses of up to 1.2–4.4 Sievert. Subsequent epidemiological studies have shown a significant rise in the incidence of leukemia and thyroid cancer in the populations living downwind from the nuclear testing site

http://www.nuclear-risks.org/en/hibakusha-worldwide/nevada-test-site.html

One notable test shot was the "Sedan" shot of Operation Storax, a 104 kiloton shot for the Operation Plowshare which sought to prove that nuclear weapons could be used for peaceful means in creating bays or canals—it created a crater 1,280 feet (390 m) wide and 320 feet (100 m) deep that can still be seen today. While most of the larger tests were conducted elsewhere, NTS was home to tests in the 500 kiloton to 1 megaton (2 to 4 petajoule) range, which caused noticeable seismic effects in Las Vegas.

http://wikimapia.org/5851788/Nevada-National-Security-Site

There are many things that can be different, besides the power of the bomb: if it was an underground detonation, if it was on the ground or above ground, how high it was above ground, the type of bomb used (atomic bombs come in different types, some release more radiation than others, some release more alpha and beta radiation and less gamma radiation than others, etc.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:24:22 am by astr0144 »

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2018, 07:32:22 am »
This is part of the answer to one of my questions...

They only tested when the Wind Direction was from the West ...to protect certain other cities and towns.
Hence why St Georges was unlucky to be within the direction of the Wind carrying the Nuke Particles.

The article says its only 135 Miles between the NTS and St Georges..

When the USA military ‘dirty bombed’ Americans

When the USA military ‘dirty bombed’ Americans

Between 1951 and 1992   ...   928  nuclear tests took place at the Nevada Test Site [NTS]. One hundred of these were above ground. The last atmospheric test detonation at the Nevada Test Site was “Little Feller” of Operation Sunbeam, on 17 July 1962.

NNSA-NSO-787

The NTS is only 65 miles [105 km] from Las Vegas and the mushroom clouds from the above ground detonations were clearly visible from the city. However, above ground tests were only conducted when the wind was from the west and fallout would not affect LV or California.  Cities to the east of the NTS were not so protected. The city of St. George, Utah was the worse affected by fallout from the NTS.

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 13.37.09

From the mid-1950s through 1980 the city and southern Utah reported marked increases in cancers, such as leukaemia, lymphoma, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, melanoma, bone cancer, brain tumours, and gastrointestinal tract cancers. The 1953 detonation of the  32 kiloton “Dirty Harry” bomb generated a tremendous amount of fallout.  Winds carried fallout 135 miles (217 km) to St. George, where residents reported “an oddly metallic sort of taste in the air.” ”

Claudia Peterson has a vivid memory from her 1950s childhood in southern Utah. She remembers watching a glowing orange ball move off the western horizon while she rocked back and forth in her swing set the summer she was four, and walking past piles of dead lambs during lambing season. Some had two heads, and others had no legs. Peterson remembers men in tidy, black suits visiting her classroom at East Elementary School in Cedar City with Geiger counters—and feeling a sense of pride that she lit up the counter when they waved it in front of her face. They told her it was from dental x-rays, but she knew she had never had one. She recalls sixth grade when one of her schoolmates died of leukemia, and eighth grade when bone cancer took first her friend’s leg and then his life.”              National Geographic

In a 1997 report  it was determined that ninety atmospheric tests at the NTS had deposited high levels of radioactive iodine-131  across a large portion of the contiguous United States, especially in the years 1952, 1953, 1955, and 1957—doses large enough to produce tens of thousands of cases of thyroid cancer. By 2014  28,880 claims for compensation had been approved for a total compensation of $1.9 billion.

nevada test fallout

Iodine-131 Fallout From the Nevada Test Site ”

Rain, wind, and the food supply spread Iodine 131 from these tests across the United States, with the largest deposits immediately downwind of the test site and the lowest on the West Coast, upwind of the site. Exposure to released iodine occurred mainly during the first two months following a test. After that I 131 disintegrated to harmless levels. Because I 131 accumulates in the thyroid gland, the National Cancer Institute estimates that the fallout may have caused up to 212,000 cases of thyroid cancer in people who were exposed. The average cumulative thyroid dose to approximately 160 million people who lived in the country during testing was about two rads, about five times the radiation dose emitted by a mammogram. A rad is the measurement unit for the amount of radiation the body absorbs. The federal government recommends medical monitoring for people who have been exposed to ten rads or more.

Americans were exposed to varying levels depending on their residence, age, and food consumption. People who lived in Western states to the north and east of the site, such as Colorado, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, and Utah, had the highest per capita thyroid doses, ranging from 9 to 16 rads. And children between three months to five years old in these high fallout areas probably received three to seven times the average dose for the population in their county because they had smaller thyroids and tended to drink more milk than adults.  Milk was a major exposure vehicle because I 131 fell on pasture grasses and then was consumed by cows. But an estimated 20,000 people who drank goats’ milk during testing were at an even greater risk because it concentrates Iodine 131 more than cows’ milk. Thyroid doses to these individuals could be 10 to 20 times greater than to residents of the same county, who were the same age and gender, and drank an equal amount of cows’ milk. Other pathways included inhaling contaminated air or ingesting tainted leafy vegetables, cottage cheese, and eggs.” National Geographic

https://calculating.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/when-the-usa-dirty-bombed-itself/

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:41:18 am by astr0144 »

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2018, 07:47:20 am »

i apologise for not having read the whole of this thread but

I posit this....

...that the radiation from those bombs and tests have changed our genetics
 and as such have introduced both cancer and the sexual explosion occurring with folks wanting to change what they came with..along with other psychological things,

so that 70 some years later..while  it looks fine on the surface many deep changes HAVE  happened

but hey what do i know

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2018, 08:39:17 am »
I think that it may have created certain cancers S.O ....from various Nuclear activity around the World...

But I had not considered if  effecting Humans psychologically or sexually...

I thought that maybe more down to the attacks what maybe put in our food and water and drugs etc... or maybe some sort of mind control via high tech EMF technology, chemtrials or media by the corrupt Govts or the  NWO... also maybe trying to convince us its more acceptable to consider and accept it..or to alter our mind states.. or shorten , reduce  our natural lifespans.

Although Nuke particles will also come into contact with food crops and water... so that may also be part of it..

As Alex Jones may suggest to reduce Sexual reproductive type sexual activities.. if they believe populations have got too large...but maybe Nukes are another addition to the list !  ???

i apologise for not having read the whole of this thread but

I posit this....

...that the radiation from those bombs and tests have changed our genetics
 and as such have introduced both cancer and the sexual explosion occurring with folks wanting to change what they came with..along with other psychological things,

so that 70 some years later..while  it looks fine on the surface many deep changes HAVE  happened

but hey what do i know
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:57:22 am by astr0144 »

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2018, 10:40:52 am »

Astro
sorry i disagree with you on a lot of that..i don't think it was planned so much as a unforeseen consequence of the testing

when those explosive chemicals entered the ground and atmosphere
the result, besides explosives killing many,
are that the genetics of the remaining populace are changed
then the entire body system is changed
ALL of it...

and  those born  after the mid 50's will certainly show those differences and then the children of that first changed generation
 is also exposed and they become even more diverse
until we get to now and we are all continuously exposed

and look at what we are and have today in folks compared to
those born in the 40's and early 50's

imo  it is unfortunate that we are the creators of our own evolution

but we have probably had more of a hand at it that we should have had thru out history anyway

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter