collapse

Author Topic: Noah's Flood - Fact or Fiction?  (Read 71437 times)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
Re: Noah's Flood - Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »
Hey Captain Dave, since you "birthed" this thread question, of "Fact of Fiction, are you keeping score?? Is there a leaning either way, or is this thing so jumbled up, that you may have to declare it either a "draw", or as in golf, "a non-playable lie"?

Either way, we now have 25 pages of interesting discussion that in toto covers a lot of territory, on a subject that I do take for granted as "fact", on the basis of what I believe.

Dave, I mention that just now, in case none of my other replies were clear enough for you to know exactly how to score my vote! FACT!!!   :D :D

i'm with rdunk. FACT! 
some of the particulars may be slightly misunderstood but otherwise, i do believe it really happened.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »

When they sit down at the dining table, there always remains an empty chair -- which is for the Messiah, if he comes. At some point during the various  "rituals" of the Passover meal, the head of the family sends someone, maybe one of the kids, to go outside, and to look up the street, and to look down the street, to see if the Messiah is coming.

what an interesting tradition!  i love it!
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #377 on: April 24, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »
here's the passage in enuma elish where apsu (abzu) is dead (shut off) and Tiamat has now attached herself to Kingu instead

And Tiamat harkened unto the word of the bright god, and said:
... shalt thou entrust! let us wage war!"
... the gods in the midst of...
... for the gods did she create.
They banded themselves together and at the side of Tiamat they advanced;
They were furious; they devised mischief without resting night and day.
They prepared for battle, fuming and raging;
They joined their forces and made war,
Ummu-Hubur [Tiamat] who formed all things,
Made in addition weapons invincible; she spawned monster-serpents,
Sharp of tooth, and merciless of fang;
With poison, instead of blood, she filled their bodies.
Fierce monster-vipers she clothed with terror,
With splendor she decked them, she made them of lofty stature.
Whoever beheld them, terror overcame him,
Their bodies reared up and none could withstand their attack.
She set up vipers and dragons, and the monster Lahamu,
And hurricanes, and raging hounds, and scorpion-men,
And mighty tempests, and fish-men, and rams;
They bore cruel weapons, without fear of the fight.
Her commands were mighty, none could resist them;
After this fashion, huge of stature, she made eleven [kinds of] monsters.

=====

notice how it sounds a whole lot like revelation 9?  scorpion men? what the heck are scorpion men?  that passage is full of information regarding the gates and what comes out of them
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #378 on: April 24, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »
scorpion men are mentioned again in the epic of gilgamesh.  they are guarding the "GATE" of Mt. Mashu.   they recognize that gilgamesh is not exactly human, and allow him to enter the gate. apparently, humans can't survive the gate journey in the story.  the gate apparently goes to paradise.  (remember the gates of eden guarded by angel with flaming sword going back and forth? i'm thinking this is the same thing).  the entire gate was protected by some kind of shimmering forcefield in the epic of gilgamesh.

another scorpion man was nimrod, otherwise known as akkadian enmerkar and egyptian narmer, who after his "death" or "disappearance" thru the "Portals of the Lords of Eternity" (no i'm not kidding!)  becomes known as Osiris. 

nimrod was modified after he was already born, in exchange for reinstituting the worship of the gods.  this goes very badly when he digs up and reopens the buried abzu gate at babel.

(this part is theoretical, based on lots of research by myself and several other researchers) there's alot more information here but let's just suffice it to say, that he ended up in abydos egypt, where he built the osirieon to house a remaining abzu gate that he transported there physically, by boat.   it was named abydos later, that's actually the greek spelling. the egyptian spelling was abdju, and abdju was pronounced "abzu" as the "dj" in djoser is pronounced zoser.   in effect, it was named after the surviving, above ground gate.   

the gate remained buried there in the osirieon at abydos, for at least 1000 years, before the osirieon itself was discovered by pharaoh seti I, while excavating for his own temple at abydos.  eventually the sand reburied the osirieon again and it wasn't rediscovered until a couple egyptologists found it.   the gate was not in there. however, seti I's tomb in the valley of the kings, did have the text of a never before seen (prior to his reign) text called the "book of the gates, " carved into his alabaster sarcophagus.

anyway, the gates were not supposed to be reopened, and as a result, the council of the gods had yet another pow wow and determined that nimrod was gonna have to be removed.  he was, but not before starting the new egyptian pharaonic line in egypt, which started at abydos.   he had been the emperor of the known world at the time. his power was divided amongst the members of the council, who were each assigned a territory to rule over.   this coincides with the egyptian story of osiris' body being cut up into pieces, scattered along the nile, where they were found by isis, and each spot where she found a piece, she constructed an obelisk.  some of these obelisks, now stand on the sites of various capital cities around the world.

the theory goes that it wasn't osiris' body but the pyramid of osiris,which theoretically, had been originally built on top of the osirieon subterranean gate chamber.  the pyramid's stones were dismantled, and it is those stones that were used to create/fashion, the obelisks along the nile.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:50:05 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!

Captain Dave

« Reply #379 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:43 pm »
Hey Captain Dave, since you "birthed" this thread question, of "Fact of Fiction, are you keeping score?? Is there a leaning either way, or is this thing so jumbled up, that you may have to declare it either a "draw", or as in golf, "a non-playable lie"?

Either way, we now have 25 pages of interesting discussion that in toto covers a lot of territory, on a subject that I do take for granted as "fact", on the basis of what I believe.

Dave, I mention that just now, in case none of my other replies were clear enough for you to know exactly how to score my vote! FACT!!!   :D :D

I think it's safe to say that everyone believes - Noah's Flood happened.

There are several fields of theory working so it seems quite possible that there is more than one reason the flood occured. 

So the method by which the flood occured seems to be the main debate.

Without many dates, it's difficult to pin down which theory or theories are correct.

I also wonder how many times has a great flood of similar magnitude happened?

Just taking notes here but...

Wouldn't taking core samples from the oldest mountain ranges on earth let us know both the highest level salt water has reached and dates as well. Fossil records....

Barberton Greenstone Belt in eastern Africa is the oldest mountain range on Earth (3.5 billion years old)

The Guiana Highlands in South America are thought to be the earth's oldest surface (2 billion years old)

The Medicine Mountain on Wyoming were they have dated rocks to 2-3 billion years ago.

The Himalayas mountains are about 70 million years old
It is possible to find fossils of sea creatures in the Himalayas at an elevation of four kilometers above sea level, but I wonder what the age of those fossils are.

The Matrix Traveller

« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2012, 12:53:16 am »

Offline NewTheories

• Regular Members
  • Gold 0
« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »

For more on The "Processing System" of The Mind..... (NO Religion or Philosophy)

The quote above is something you have said in a lot of Your posts, about religion (for example the Gnostic Teachings) and philosophy.

But is not Omitting Religion and Philosophy leaving a big part of the Teachings out?.

The Matrix Traveller, You did not answer that part of my question,

"But is not Omitting Religion and Philosophy leaving a big part of the Teachings out?."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:33:09 pm by NewTheories »

The Matrix Traveller

« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:18 pm »
This tread is about Noah's Flood I believe, NOT Philosophy.

Regarding my Forums (3) with various sub titles, I have already explained.

The answer to your question has already been answered in them Jn.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter