collapse

Author Topic: things aren't always what the seem  (Read 2759 times)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
things aren't always what the seem
« on: March 26, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »

wow an astronaut on an old cathedral.. holy heck.. proof

well read the whole thing and then laugh....
goes to my motto of
QUESTION EVERYTHING

Cathedral of Salamanca’s Astronaut
SALAMANCA, SPAIN

Cathedral of Salamanca’s astronaut. RASTROJO/CC BY-SA 3.0 ES
The centuries-old Cathedral of Salamanca has several unusual carvings, but none so surprising as an astronaut. The little space man is an approved and modern addition to the Gothic cathedral, which underwent restoration work in 1992.

Among the other recently added images are a dragon eating ice cream, a lynx, a bull, and a crayfish. Despite there being clear documentation of the astronaut being a recent addition, it has already fueled ideas of ancient space travel and alien interventions.

New Cathedral of Salamanca

The New Cathedral (Spanish: Catedral Nueva) is, together with the Old Cathedral, one of the two cathedrals of Salamanca, Spain. It was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries in two styles: late Gothic and Baroque. Building began in 1513 and the cathedral was consecrated in 1733. It was commissioned by Ferdinand V of Castile of Spain. It was declared a national monument by royal decree in 1887.[1]

Architectural style[edit]The building began at a time when the gothic style was becoming less popular and was merging with the new Renaissance style, giving the resulting Plateresque style in Spain. However, this cathedral retained more of its Gothic character because the authorities wanted the new cathedral to blend with the old one. Thus the new cathedral was constructed, continuing with Gothic style during the 17th and 18th centuries. However, during the 18th century, two elements were added that broke with the showy form with the predominant style of the building: a Baroque cupola on the transept and the final stages of the bell tower (92 m). The new cathedral was constructed without the subsequent destruction of the old cathedral as normally happened but a wall of the new cathedral, leans on the North wall of the old one. For this reason, the old cathedral had to be reinforced, and the bell tower was constructed on the old one. Two of the main architects of the cathedral were Juan Gil de Hontañón and his son Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón in 1538.

Its main entrance consists of three richly decorated arcs,[1] each leading to the three naves (sections) of the church.

Restoration after the Lisbon earthquake[edit]Cracks and broken windows are visible reminders of the devastating effects of the 1755 Lisbon earthquake, still visible today. After the earthquake, repairs were necessary to the cupola and the base of the tower which were reinforced with a lining of lines of sillares, in the form of a pyramid trunk that spoiled the basic profile of the tower (this tower is a virtual twin of the tower of the cathedral of Segovia). The moment of this catastrophe is commemorated with the "Mariquelo" tradition on October 31, when every year residents climb to the cupola high above and play flutes and drums.

Restoration in 1992[edit]Among the ornate carvings on the façade are those of a faun eating an ice cream and of an astronaut added during restoration work in 1992, when one of the artisans engaged in the project chose to carve strange figures into the stone.[2][3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Cathedral_of_Salamanca

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: things aren't always what the seem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 01:15:07 pm »

QUESTION EVERYTHING

At some point though you have to believe SOMETHING :P

I have this one somewhere  not sure where  I will search

but do you have a picture of that Dragon eating ice cream?  It PROVES that the church believes in DRAGONS  See? There is hidden truth in everything you question. It is merely a question of understanding the context.

Bwahahahahaha

PS: That Astronaut does NOT look hu-mon :P

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 01:25:17 pm »
oh poor baby    :P    this will make you sad..
bwhahahahahahahah     they were all added in 1992..ya gotta read  what is posted

OOPS  sorry   i stopped copying right at that paragraph

Cathedral of Salamanca’s astronaut. RASTROJO/CC BY-SA 3.0 ES
The centuries-old Cathedral of Salamanca has several unusual carvings, but none so surprising as an astronaut. The little space man is an approved and modern addition to the Gothic cathedral, which underwent restoration work in 1992.

Among the other recently added images are a dragon eating ice cream, a lynx, a bull, and a crayfish. Despite there being clear documentation of the astronaut being a recent addition, it has already fueled ideas of ancient space travel and alien interventions.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/cathedral-of-salamancas-astronaut

Among the other recently added images are a dragon eating ice cream, a lynx, a bull, and a crayfish.

ugly sucker there

https://adventurestobehad.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/an-astronaut-a-dragon-eating-ice-cream-and-the-best-jamon-bocadillo-ever-salamanca-spain/

of  course you have to believe something but it does pay to look carefully first

looks chinese to me

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:37:11 pm by space otter »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:32 pm »
This is really odd... I cannot find any page I did on this yet I know I did  Sigh  Nothing on the web list or the ooparts section here

It may be just buried  I will check my photos

Thanks for bringing it back up  and yup that is a Dragon :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 01:41:38 pm »
Well Buzz Aldrin says it was Chinese on the Moon :P

So if that guy is Chinese  we haz a conspiracy :P

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 01:54:13 pm »

well how about this one..i couldn't find this here either but i know i have seen it before..maybe one of those late night searchs...?   ?

ANCIENT SITES ARE GIANT ENERGY CIRCUIT BOARDS

crap can't get them side by side

Aerial photo of Persepolis, Iran

Computer circuit board

Pueblo Bonita in Chaco Canyon, New Mexico,USA

Computer circuit board design

While visiting Chaco Canyon my husband and I were perplexed by the very small square cubicals with high walls. It made no sense that people would actually live in these cells. Research confirmed that ten massive buildings with a total of over 3,000 rooms not intended for residential use were built in a
250 years time period.  See Latest Discoveries page under heading:   
WAS CHACO CANYON A STELLAR TRANSPORT FACILITY?

​Michael Tellinger recently presented the most fascinating theory that ancient sites were built as giant energy production complexes like the schematics of computer circuit boards.  Many megalithic and sacred ancient sites are fractal patterns of modern technology.  As you study the aerial photos notice that there are channels connecting the various components.

This link only works if you are signed into Facebook.  Paste it into the Search feature.
http://www.galacticfacets.com/ancient-technology.html

i like this one best

"The layout of the three main pyramids in Teotihuacan incredibly resemble a modern day circuit board with processors.  This detail is unique to Teotihuacan and like many other details can only be appreciated from the sky.   Placement of these ancient monuments was not random. Mathematical, geometrical and geographical influence are obvious. "
https://missiongalacticfreedom.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/teotihuacan-incredibly-resemble-a-modern-day-computer-circuit-board-of-todays/

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:27 pm »
Over time,im more removed from believing in stars being related to structure locations.
Or its more of an afterthought to primary objective.
The circuit theory sounds good  or may have been the way city planners thought in that era.
Remember also alot of folks were real small back then.so homes would have been smaller.
That being said.it could bave been giant battery banks and the roads may have been gold leaf conductors.or some conductor material like maybe al powder mixed with mud then lawered on top of a non conducting sandstone or lime stone
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 02:35:24 pm »
i like this one best

As someone that has drawn circuit boards with two faces, that looks fake to me, the connections make no sense to be way they are.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:38:15 pm by ArMaP »

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 03:53:10 pm »

armap =  spoilsport.. i liked it cause it was the simplest.. figures  :(

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56