collapse

Author Topic: they know what you are doing  (Read 274008 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: they know what you are doing
« Reply #315 on: September 19, 2013, 03:59:46 pm »
McCarthy would be very happy.
..i can't read or watch the news anymore and will probably not post anything else in here..
it's making it too hard to maintain  an equal and happy  attititude
That is too close to the mentality of the people during the fascist dictatorship here in Portugal. The political police's work was made easier by the people that were to eager to help in finding (or even creating) any suspicious behaviour, so they could look like being on the "good side" while the "subversive people" were obviously enemies.

That's really worrying. :(

sky otter

« Reply #316 on: September 28, 2013, 01:31:33 pm »

this was too good NOT to add..typical employee stuff

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/politics/nsa-snooping/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

NSA: Some used spying power to snoop on lovers
By Evan Perez, CNN Justice Reporter
updated 7:58 PM EDT, Fri September 27, 2013

(CNN) -- The National Security Agency's internal watchdog detailed a dozen instances in the past decade in which its employees intentionally misused the agency's surveillance power, in some cases to snoop on their love interests.

A letter from the NSA's inspector general responding to a request by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, lists the dozen incidents where the NSA's foreign intelligence collection systems were abused. The letter also says there are two additional incidents now under investigation and another allegation pending that may require an investigation.

At least six of the incidents were referred to the Justice Department for possible prosecution or additional action; none appear to have resulted in charges. The letter doesn't identify the employees.

Several of the cases involve so-called "Loveint" violations

In one case, detailed by the NSA's watchdog, a civilian intelligence employee assigned overseas was found to have used the NSA's signals intelligence collection system to listen to the phone conversations on nine phone numbers belonging to foreign women from 1998 to 2003 without any valid reason. The signals intelligence system is used to spy on foreign targets for national security reasons.

Yahoo and Facebook ask for more NSA transparency

The case began because a woman, a foreign national employed by the U.S. government, told another employee she suspected the man with whom she was in a sexual relationship was listening to her calls. The employee who misused the NSA's systems also incidentally collected the communications of a U.S. resident on two occasions, a move that requires a court warrant.

The NSA's vast surveillance powers are under fire after the disclosure of internal documents by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden. Intelligence officials have sought to defend the NSA's surveillance activities by saying the agency doesn't misuse its authority.

Grassley wrote to the NSA last month seeking to find out how often the NSA's authorities are misused.

"I appreciate the transparency that the Inspector General has provided to the American people," Grassley said in a statement. "We shouldn't tolerate even one instance of misuse of this program. Robust oversight of the program must be completed to ensure that both national security and the Constitution are protected."

NSA violated phone rules, misinformed secret court

In many cases the employees who intentionally abused the NSA's spying systems resigned before they could be punished. Several were demoted in rank or otherwise sanctioned.

In one 2004 case, a civilian employee told NSA security that she had spied on a foreign phone number because she found it on her husband's cell phone and suspected he was being unfaithful. She collected his phone calls. The employee's infraction was referred to the Justice Department, but she resigned before she could be fired.

Some of the violations appear to have been uncovered by the NSA's own auditing systems.Others were self-reported, including one during a polygraph of an employee.

One employee violated NSA's rules on the first day he had access to the agency's signals intelligence collection system.

He queried six e-mail addresses belonging to a former girlfriend. He told investigators he wanted "to practice on the system" using his former girlfriend's e-mail addresses and that he received no information, and hadn't read any emails. He was demoted and his pay was reduced, and the NSA's inspector general recommended he not be given a security clearance.

sky otter

« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2013, 07:18:57 am »

like i have said before.. who needs mind control

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/28/nsa-social-connections-new-york-times_n_4010838.html

NSA Maps Social Connections Of Some Americans, New York Times Reports
09/28/13 09:53 PM ET EDT 

WASHINGTON -- For almost three years the National Security Agency has been tapping the data it collects to map out some Americans' social connections, allowing the government to identify their associates, their locations at certain times, their traveling companions and other personal information, The New York times reported.

Citing documents provided by former NSA systems analyst Edward Snowden, the Times reported that the NSA began allowing the analysis of phone call and e-mail logs in November 2010 to examine some Americans' networks of associations for foreign intelligence purposes after NSA officials lifted restrictions on the practice. The newspaper posted the report on its website Saturday.

A January 2011 memorandum from the spy agency indicated that the policy shift was intended to help the agency "discover and track" connections between intelligence targets overseas and people in the United States, the Times reported.

The documents Snowden provided indicated that the NSA can augment the communications data with material from public, commercial and other sources, including bank codes, insurance information, Facebook profiles, passenger manifests, voter registration rolls and GPS location information, as well as property records and unspecified tax data, the paper reported.

NSA officials declined to say how many Americans have been caught up in the effort, including people involved in no wrongdoing, the Times reported. The documents do not describe what has resulted from the scrutiny, which links phone numbers and e-mails in a "contact chain" tied directly or indirectly to a person or organization overseas that is of foreign intelligence interest, the paper reported.

The documents provided by Snowden don't specify which phone and e-mail databases are used to create the social network diagrams, the Times reported, and NSA officials wouldn't identify them. However, NSA officials said the large database of Americans' domestic phone call records revealed in June was not used, the paper reported.

Disclosures from documents leaked by Snowden earlier this year have sparked debate over the government's surveillance activities and concerns that Americans' civil liberties have been violated by the data collection. Russia has granted temporary asylum to Snowden, considered a fugitive from justice in the U.S., and his whereabouts remain secret.

sky otter

« Reply #318 on: October 06, 2013, 08:43:42 pm »

i am beginning to think there are more folks monitoring than being monitored..yikes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-24396957

4 October 2013 Last updated at 12:46 ET

China employs two million microblog monitors state media says.

Sina Weibo, launched in 2010, has more than 500 million registered users with 100 million More than two million people in China are employed by the government to monitor web activity, state media say, providing a rare glimpse into how the state tries to control the internet.

The Beijing News says the monitors, described as internet opinion analysts, are on state and commercial payrolls.

China's hundreds of millions of web users increasingly use microblogs to criticise the state or vent anger.

Recent research suggested Chinese censors actively target social media.

The report by the Beijing News said that these monitors were not required to delete postings.

They are "strictly to gather and analyse public opinions on microblog sites and compile reports for decision-makers", it said. It also added details about how some of these monitors work.

Tang Xiaotao has been working as a monitor for less than six months, the report says, without revealing where he works.

"He sits in front of a PC every day, and opening up an application, he types in key words which are specified by clients.

"He then monitors negative opinions related to the clients, and gathers (them) and compile reports and send them to the clients," it says.

The reports says the software used in the office is even more advanced and supported by thousands of servers. It also monitors websites outside China.

China rarely reveals any details concerning the scale and sophistication of its internet police force.

It is believed that the two million internet monitors are part of a huge army which the government relies on to control the internet.

The government is also to organise training classes for them for the first time from 14 to 18 October, the paper says.

But it is not clear whether the training will be for existing monitors or for new recruits.

The training will have eight modules, and teach participants how to analyse and judge online postings and deal with crisis situations, it says.

The most popular microblogging site Sina Weibo, launched in 2010, now has more than 500 million registered users with 100 million messages posted daily.

Topics cover a wide range - from personal hobbies, health to celebrity gossip and food safety but they talso include politically sensitive issues like official corruption.

Postings deemed to be politically incorrect are routinely deleted

More on This Story
Related StoriesThe astonishing speed of Chinese censorship 26 MARCH 2013, CHINA
Has Weibo really changed China? 31 JULY 2012, MAGAZINE
Beijing orders microblog controls 16 DECEMBER 2011, CHINA

Analysis
Dong Le

BBC Chinese Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China's internet is one of the most controlled and censored in the world.

Websites deemed to be subversive are blocked. Politically sensitive postings are routinely deleted . Even the name of the former Prime Minister Wen Jiabao was censored when rumours were circulating on the internet that his family had amassed a fortune while he was in power.

But with the rapid growth of internet users, the ruling Communist Party has found itself fighting an uphill battle.

The Beijing News, while reporting the story of microblog monitors, has admitted that it is impossible for the government to delete all "undesirable" postings.

The more postings deleted, the more they appear, it says.

China seldom reveals details about how it monitors and controls the internet. The government even does not acknowledge that it blocks web sites.

But the report does offer a rare glimpse into this opaque world.

deuem

« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »
And I've said this how many times? They love Peggy or I would be cut off again.....

If everyone in the world does not know by know that we are all being tracked, then you must wake up.
If my connection goes across Europe then every country looks at it. Trace your pings and then go in and detail each location.

One ping went right to CIA head quarters DC. Not hiding much there. Trace the pings location and you will see...

The interenet is free, free to give them your info.  lol

And a shout out to the other peeps from the internet who are watching every thing we do,  Hi !

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »
Oh, I don't doubt that a few are watching, but not having access to the site figures, nor how to find pings - let alone how to go about tracing them - I have little clue and could put that number anywhere on the number line in the positive range based on all *I* know. LOL!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

sky otter

« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2013, 08:27:06 pm »

lol
Deuem..funny saying HI to those guys
but i do the same with security cameras..i make eye contact smile and wave at em..

why not... ;D ;)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2013, 08:51:14 pm »
And I've said this how many times? They love Peggy or I would be cut off again.....

You know WHY they like us?

...because we walk the middle line... just enough real material leaking out and just the right amount of lunacy...

::)

deuem

« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2013, 11:19:27 pm »
You can download many free ping trace programs. Just enter the web site you want and watch it bounce from server to server. At each server you can then find its location. then google earth it. wa la    free and easy. You can do it.
I ran this trace until they caught up with me and blocked the pinged servers. They bounce through them but I just get all blanks now.

Sky, I wave at the camers all the time. In my elevator therre is one and I say Hi. The lady on the other end saw me do this and told me she looked forward to the next time and she would wave back. What a boring job she has. They have well over 10 cameras and the office looks like something in the movies. Over 100 large monitors on a curved wall all on all the time. Smile ( cheese )

Z; sometimes more of one than the other..........lol
They are still trying to figure out Deuem....By now they have hundreds of them. I guess it is my off line art center.

I wish they would just let us all use all that storage out there as back up and then they would not need to easedro,p just look. I have nothing to hide, we are the good guys.

No where is that Cia file on z, just had it......

sky otter

« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:03 am »

well ! well !  well!..now isn't this interesting. ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24443266

8 October 2013 Last updated at 06:19 ET

.Power surges 'cripple NSA data centre'

Electrical supply problems at a National Security Agency data centre have delayed its opening by a year, reports the Wall Street Journal.

Power surges at the giant Utah centre had ruined equipment costing almost a million dollars, it said.

The technical problems had also led to lengthy investigations that had meant its opening date had been pushed back.

The Utah plant is one of three the NSA is building to boost its data gathering and surveillance capabilities.

Over the past 13 months, 10 separate electrical surges have occurred at the data centre in Bluffdale, Utah, according to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), which is reported to have cost $1.4bn (£872m) to build.

Each surge had burnt out and wrecked about $100,000 worth of computers and other equipment, it said.

The Bluffdale facility is more than one million sq ft (93,000 sq m) in size and its power costs are expected to top $1m (£622,000) a month, according to the WSJ.

The NSA had been supposed to start using the data storage and analysis centre in October 2012, it said, but this had been delayed by the damage caused by the power surges and a six-month investigation into their cause.

The WSJ added it had seen technical documents indicating experts called in to find out the cause had rowed over whether the problem had been fixed.

It said civil contractors were confident the problem had been solved but a special US Army engineer investigation team had said the cause was "not yet sufficiently understood" to be sure that it would not happen again.

The amount of surveillance that the NSA carries out has come under scrutiny in recent months thanks to whistleblower Edward Snowden.

He leaked documents allegedly detailing its activities including the Prism programme that garners data from web firms including Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Yahoo.

In addition, the NSA has been found to be gathering data on phone calls made by US citizens.

More on This Story
Related StoriesNSA targeted Tor via Firefox flaw 07 OCTOBER 2013, TECHNOLOGY
RSA in NSA algorithm link warning 23 SEPTEMBER 2013, TECHNOLOGY
Brazil moves to shield data from US 18 SEPTEMBER 2013, TECHNOLOGY
Germany: Email providers 'seen as surveillance safe haven' 27 AUGUST 2013,

NEWS FROM ELSEWHERE
Related Internet linksMeltdowns Hobble NSA Data Center - WSJ.com

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
  • "Why are we all here? Because we ain't all there!"
    • Inception Radio Live-Chat
« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2013, 05:06:00 am »

well ! well !  well!..now isn't this interesting. ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24443266

8 October 2013 Last updated at 06:19 ET

.Power surges 'cripple NSA data centre'

Electrical supply problems at a National Security Agency data centre have delayed its opening by a year, reports the Wall Street Journal.

Power surges at the giant Utah centre had ruined equipment costing almost a million dollars, it said.

The technical problems had also led to lengthy investigations that had meant its opening date had been pushed back.

The Utah plant is one of three the NSA is building to boost its data gathering and surveillance capabilities.

Over the past 13 months, 10 separate electrical surges have occurred at the data centre in Bluffdale, Utah, according to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), which is reported to have cost $1.4bn (£872m) to build.

Each surge had burnt out and wrecked about $100,000 worth of computers and other equipment, it said.

The Bluffdale facility is more than one million sq ft (93,000 sq m) in size and its power costs are expected to top $1m (£622,000) a month, according to the WSJ.

The NSA had been supposed to start using the data storage and analysis centre in October 2012, it said, but this had been delayed by the damage caused by the power surges and a six-month investigation into their cause.

The WSJ added it had seen technical documents indicating experts called in to find out the cause had rowed over whether the problem had been fixed.

It said civil contractors were confident the problem had been solved but a special US Army engineer investigation team had said the cause was "not yet sufficiently understood" to be sure that it would not happen again.

The amount of surveillance that the NSA carries out has come under scrutiny in recent months thanks to whistleblower Edward Snowden.

He leaked documents allegedly detailing its activities including the Prism programme that garners data from web firms including Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Yahoo.

In addition, the NSA has been found to be gathering data on phone calls made by US citizens.

More on This Story
Related StoriesNSA targeted Tor via Firefox flaw 07 OCTOBER 2013, TECHNOLOGY
RSA in NSA algorithm link warning 23 SEPTEMBER 2013, TECHNOLOGY
Brazil moves to shield data from US 18 SEPTEMBER 2013, TECHNOLOGY
Germany: Email providers 'seen as surveillance safe haven' 27 AUGUST 2013,

NEWS FROM ELSEWHERE
Related Internet linksMeltdowns Hobble NSA Data Center - WSJ.com

I find this too be a rather "Convenient Time" too have 'Outside Issues' take out the N$A hardware and data? How much you want to make a bet that it is going to be data associated with a few things very vital? Wait and see I guess.

Strange political games being played, this could just as easily be one of them .

Disband the N$A and save us trillion's, there has to  be a cheaper way, No? ???

1WW
"To know men is too have knowledge, to know self is to have insight."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #326 on: October 08, 2013, 06:03:29 am »
I find this too be a rather "Convenient Time" too have 'Outside Issues' take out the N$A hardware and data?
I thought it was hardware, as they are not yet using that data centre.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #327 on: October 08, 2013, 11:43:31 am »
Disband the N$A and save us trillion's, there has to  be a cheaper way, No? ???

Fvcking STOOPID gubment SPOOKS

NSA Fort Meade,  Maryland

NSA Ft. Gordon Georgia

NSA SIGINT station at Sugar Grove, West Virginia

National Security Operations Center Floor, 2012.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #328 on: October 08, 2013, 12:01:46 pm »
There are well over 120 SPOOK AGENCIES in the USA alone.  One has to wonder why we need so many doing the same job...

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #329 on: October 08, 2013, 02:31:08 pm »
There are well over 120 SPOOK AGENCIES in the USA alone.  One has to wonder why we need so many doing the same job...
Mostly jobs for ex forces peeps.   Largely a waste of money but some of them very important.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter