collapse

Author Topic: The X Files series  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
Re: The X Files series
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 02:22:20 pm »
Very Frustrating day for you Dyna spilling so much oil ! :o   A night mare & I suspect a long job trying to clean it all up..and one has to be careful not to slip if it hit the floor..or one may become a Skater as Funbox describes..

Hope its cleaned up ok..

Had you seen that "X Files"  / this Episode before ?

I think he says "Life IS like a Box of Chocolates"..

Im surprised that they got away using the similar statement as in the Movie "Forest Gump" !

My skating days are long past and I was never very god at it:-) I find two legs to be best!
plus I am not interested in trying to degrease the whole floor along with the walls and cupboards stove and vent hood including btw the power motor is covered and maybe a fire hazard  ::)

I have seen every episode of X-files several times...if not more! Remembering that is the problem, I don't remember that scene. Funny thing though I loved in Forrest Gump which I own and have watched many times, the lilt in his voice on the IS in the box of chocolate scene and now it is a deary low key was.
All I can say is if it has not changed I have changed.
When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool of the loser.
Socrates

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 11:40:27 am »
As the "X Files" was a indepth long series over 9 to 10 years...Trying to break down the basis of the Alien / UFO side to the main story maybe hard to describe.

I just found this that may explain the basic of it..

I am not sure if many websites may try to explain the basis of the ET UFO connection to the series and even wikipedia may not...and trying to read thru the various episodes descriptions and trying to piece it all together may be quite a challenge..

I have not read in detail as yet..but I am chancing posting it...

It title suggests how it may try to explain to a 5 year old...that may just about help me to understand !  :)

But I am not sure that many 5 year old's may understand some of the facts...Unless they were future Einsteins or Nikola tesla at that age.. :)

maybe like this young man !

====================
Recently a friend asked me if I had seen the X-Files, and when I said yes, asked me to explain the overarching alien storyline to him. I watched all the episodes when the show was on TV, but the best I could muster was a half-hearted ramble about aliens, and rebel aliens, and alien hybrids, and some black oil, and maybe the Nazis were there? And the Anasazi were there? I tried Googling a synopsis, but everybody wants to write a 50,000 work dissertation on the nuances of the show when I'm really only looking for a concise answer. What was actually happening with the aliens on The X-Files?
Edit: The truth was out there, specifically in djonesuk's comment. Thanks djonesuk!

=========================================

The X-Files plot arc was about a group of people (The Syndicate) who were trying to negotiate with an alien species (The Colonists) that was intent on taking over the world, wiping out humankind in the process.
First contact with the aliens occurred in 1947, when one of their spacecraft crash landed in the desert in New Mexico. In the face of the inevitability that the superior alien intelligence and technology would ultimately beat them, a small group of powerful men negotiated an agreement that humanity would be allowed to continue in the form of an alien-human hybrid. The Syndicate spent most of its time helping The Colonists develop the hybrids by keeping them supplied with human foetuses. However, they were also covertly working on a vaccine that would save humanity from this awful fate. Unfortunately, The Colonists had lied to The Syndicate about what their plans were.
The Black Oil that was supposed to create a human-alien slave race, was in fact a virus that created aliens inside the human host and their true intention was to wipe out humanity and take the planet for themselves. The Syndicate's discovery of this betrayal led The Colonists to develop a race of Super Soldiers to ensure that the colonisation of Earth would not be prevented. The series ends with the revelation that the alien invasion is due to start in December 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar.
So, I guess the 90s weren't wasted for me.
EDIT: Wow! Thanks for the responses (and gold)! I'm glad my little summary was useful.
EDIT2: Also, I skipped a bunch of details because I wanted to leave something to tell you when you are six.
                            =====================================

1) US government discovers aliens after they crash accidentally in Roswell NM in 1947. The aliens, called here the Greys, are planning on invading Earth and wiping out humanity. In order to save humanity, a shadowing group of military, political, and industrial leaders (called the Syndicate) make a deal with the Greys. Allow them to work FOR the greys, the deal was: The Syndicate use their shadowy government powers to actually help the Greys in preparing for the invasion of earth and in exchange the Greys will allow the syndicate to research on creating a Alien-Human hybrid. This is important because....
2) The Greys main weapon is the Black Oil, which is a semi sentient liquid virus. Is is show early on to be able to enter humans and take over their minds. Essentially the Black Oil is the Grey's consciousness. This virus is meant to wipe out all of humanity. The syndicate's deal was to make a hybrid capable of surviving the viral plague the Greys were planning and the Greys would allow these hybridized humans to live on as slaves, thus ensuring humanity will survive in some way.
3) Deal with the devil. So to enure that this deal between the Syndicate and the Greys worked, the Greys gave an alien fetus to the Syndicate for tissue they can use in research. In exchange the top leaders of the syndicate would send one or two of their kids to live off of earth with the Greys, as hostages. This is the CRITICAL back story plot. Fox Mulder's dad, Bill, was a member of the Syndicate who had doubts about the deal with the Greys, so he didn't give up a child. The show's main bad guy and apparent Syndicate leader, the Cigarette Smoking Man (CSM), arranged to have Fox's shyster abducted by the aliens from her own home. Fox saw this and it is what has driven all his voodoo science, paranormal crusading at the FBI.
3) After making the deal the Syndicate begins to do three things:
(A) prepare for the Grey viral plauge and assist the greys in catalouging and finding human test subjects. The 1970s small pox eradication project was one such way that the Syndicate secretly IDed every human on earth and took tissue samples for the Greys to test. The Syndicate also killed or payed off people to cover up the aliens existence. Even the UN, or at least agents there, assisted in keeping the Greys and their plan a secret.
(B) The Syndicate recruited scientist, some of them ex-nazis, to work on the hybrid. They new that eventually the Greys would invade anyway and had to work quickly to get a hybrid who could survive the alien virus oil poop. To this end they conducted even MORE medical experiment and abductions, Scully was one such test subject who was rendered infertile by their experiment among hundreds of more women. There were many programs in many countries; most people probably didn't know what they were working on and only the top men at the Syndicate understood the whole plan.
(C) In super secret, and unbeknownst to the Greys, the Syndicate also begins work on a vaccine against the alien virus, intended to stop or even usurp the Grey's invasion plans. All the cooperation, all the assistance, and all the work on the hybrid were to buy as much time as possible to get the vaccine ready.
4)So this is where Mulder comes in. In the early seasons he keeps coming up against different parts of the Syndicated "Conspiracy" behemoth. Its never exactly clear how the Syndicate runs and how much is the government itself and how much is above the government. In my interpretation the men of the Syndicate are more powerful and above the US and even UN governments, using their armies and diplomats and spies secretly for the Syndicates end. This drives a lot of the plot in the first two seasons. Mulder is trying to prove aliens exist and the "Keep it under-wraps" arm of the Syndicate is trying to stop him.
5) Later on we find the Black Oil, human experimentation, and Alien Bounty hunter stuff weaved in. Oh yes, the Alien Bounty Hunter, their name not mine. He is a SECOND species of alien, not a Grey, who does enforcement work for the Greys. Usually the Greys let the Syndicate handle most of the work. Hell, almost all of it. But for special mission the Greys can't trust the humans on, or because the humans can't do it, they send the shape shifting Alien Bounty Hunter to protect their interests. Including things like recovering an accidental release of the Black Oil from another crashed ship, and stopping Mulder's work of revealing the conspiracy.
6) The movie changed everything. In the X-files movie we get a lot of exposition on the Syndicate and their conspiracy. To wit, the Greys viral plague will be lead by Bees. That's right, alien-bee hybrids infected with the virus will spread it along agricultural vectors. To assist the outbreak, the Syndicate will use FEMA (in the US at least) to take control of the government, under the banner of trying to help but really to ensure its spread.
But the big twist is, some kids accidentally discover some of the Black Oil in a cave in texas. Only it doesn't just take over their minds, it turns them into hosts, and new Greys (feral beast Greys who are more animal than anything) grow inside the humans, eating us from the inside out. The Syndicate is shocked, the Greys LIED to them too. The virus wasn't meant to just take people over, but turn us into husks they can then grow in and burst out of. Also the Black Oil in the case wasn't from a crashed ship like before, it was ALWAYS there. The Greys were originally from Earth and weren't colonizing us, but RETURNING HOME.
The Greys never planned on allowing hybrids, and only told the Syndicate they so they would help plan their own destruction. The vaccine the Syndicate was created worked, but only weakly and probably wouldn't provide the kind of protection they were looking for.
7) So both sides are trying to play off the other. During all this a THIRD alien species, I think, is introduced, The Faceless Resistance (or the faceless here) who mutilated their faces to prevent infection from the Grey's virus. They fight the Greys, who have equally colonized other planets and wiped out other species. The Faceless try to infiltrate the Syndicate, the Alien Bounty Hunter tries to stop them, its all a mess.
During this the Syndicate arm of "Build a Hybrid" actually pays off. They create a single Alien-Human hybrid who can survive the virus. Only the Faceless attack at this precise moment. It is unclear if the faceless knew the Syndicate was working on an anti-grey vaccine or just thought the Syndicate was actually working for the Greys, but they attacked and killed the Syndicates senior leaders and their families, the Hybrid, and stole the alien fetus, the only alien tissue source the Syndicate had to build another hybrid. CSM and a few others escape.
8) Following the break up of the Syndicate, another group forms who is actually loyal to the Greys. They use unkillable super soldiers (unsure if aliens or just alien tech), to enforce the plan. The show kinds sputters at this point, Mulder was abducted, and some plot holes develop, but it ends with Mulder finding out the date of the invasion was to begin December 2012 from the CSM, who was in hiding after the Faceless destroyed the original syndicate. The invasion was made to be seen as inevitable. The CSM is killed by government agents working for the new, pro-Grey Syndicate, but Mulder managed to accidentally kill the Super Soldier send to kill him and escapes with Skully, armed with the final truth and determined to stop the invasion. So its up the viewer to decide if Mulder would be successful or not in the end.
Edit: The Grey's, The Alien Bounty Hunter, and the Faceless Resistance are all apparently the same alien species, according to the show's wiki page. So there's that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/18r0u5/eli5_what_was_the_xfiles_alien_storyline_actually/ 8) 8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:03:54 pm by astr0144 »

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »
I have not updated or posted on this thread for a while.

This puzzled me when the recent new series came out..I was expecting to see it in the new series, but it was not shown.

So I thought that it maybe it will be in the next series.

Had anyone seen it before ?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:24:33 pm by astr0144 »

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 02:50:28 pm »
The script might be Phoenician.

http://www.ancientscripts.com/phoenician.html

I haven't watched all of the new series yet so try not to kill it for me by telling me how it ends.  8)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »
I am not aware that another series has come out as yet..

Whether anyone is aware of the images, I await to see if any other members comment to say if they relate to it..

But I ask them not to explain in any detail...if it may spoil things if one has not been aware about it, just yet...

Otherwise later I think it could be a interesting episode to comment on..

I am just curious if anyone can relate to it at the moment..

I haven't watched all of the new series yet so try not to kill it for me by telling me how it ends.  8)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 04:07:35 pm »
Apparently, those images are from season 6, episode 22, at least according to this site. :)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 04:28:14 pm »
Not sure what to say !  ???

I first came across the UFO image when the new series came out..when I was searching for images of the UFOs shown in new series.. and I thought that it was going to be in that series.

I had seen the X Files series before in what I thought was in full and I have been rewatching it again.

but I wanted to see if anyone else recalled it..or thought that it was from a future episode..

Upon watching it last night.. I found it one of the best episodes so far..

I may had missed seeing the UFO however when I watched  the series last time as it was shown right at the end of that series episode...if you blinked you may had missed it.. then if you had seen that image one may have been expecting it to be shown on a future episode..

I did think it could be worthy of discussion..but was awaiting to see if any members responded ..

Whether Pimander had seen it or not I dont know !

but it may surprise some if they missed it in the original series.

too late now its been exposed by the PRC detective !  :)

but yes you are correct...

Apparently, those images are from season 6, episode 22, at least according to this site. :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:38:35 pm by astr0144 »

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 06:32:49 am »

An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret. Evidence of a parallel universe is revealed to Mulder & Scully as they investigate a case that involves people seeing a double of themselves.

Could be interesting to watch. 
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter