collapse

Author Topic: Syrian Chemical Factory - Research Required  (Read 16964 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: Syrian Chemical Factory - Research Required
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 01:48:41 pm »
Censorship? No, thanks.

I don't want to get rid of Wikipedia because I'm pro censorship, Armap; quite the opposite.  I've been using the Internet for long enough to remember that before Wikipedia existed, the Web had a lot more, different sources of information.  Because Wikipedia exists as a single source though, there's less incentive for anyone to make their own sites in the case of most information, now.

Although it's not really Wikipedia's fault; it's just the effect that supports monoculture.  For some reason, everyone only wants one of everything to exist; presumably because if there's only a single place to go to, there's less work to do finding anything.

If you disagree with the tone of the article you can join the discussion on Wikipedia and talk about it.

In theory, yes.  In practice, in my own observation at least, whoever controls an article, stays in control of it.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2018, 01:57:29 pm »

did anyone besides ARMAP catch anything from my last post?

it's in the details 

maybe this will help

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-launches-missile-strikes-in-syria/2018/04/13/c68e89d0-3f4a-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9cbc566c6f16

U.S. and allies warn Syria of more missile strikes if chemical attacks used again

Dunford said the only communications that took place between the United States and Russia before the operation were “the normal deconfliction of the airspace, the procedures that are in place for all of our operations in Syria.”

Russia’s military had threatened to shoot down any U.S. missiles that put Russian lives at risk. Russia could also fire at the launch platforms used — potentially U.S. planes or ships. Russian officials had said U.S. and Russian military staffs remained in contact regarding Syria, even as Russian media carried stories in recent days about the potential outbreak of “World War III” as a consequence of a U.S. airstrike against Assad.

China’s Foreign Ministry said it opposed the use of force, urged negotiation and called for a “comprehensive, impartial and objective” investigation into the allegation that chemical weapons were used.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 02:17:04 pm »

...the russians were told beforehand...

No Russian assets were targeted, according to the report.

Probably two very smart moves to avoid WW III :D

believe it or don't
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-06/russian-forces-were-notified-advance-pentagon-statement-air-strikes-syria

there are more IF you look

Well you have provided more than enough  No need to look for more.  That is why we have a team :P

I kinda like Zero Hedge  They seem to still have some integrity in their news reporting

So bottom line... if Russia was REALLY pissed at us for these strikes they would have stopped us BEFORE...

It's all a game of Checkers  or maybe a Game of Thrones

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 02:35:07 pm »

the russians were told beforehand... who do you think told assad and had others posting it?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/06/the-us-warned-the-russians-ahead-of-syria-missile-strikes-official.html

The US warned the Russians ahead of Syria missile strikes
Everett Rosenfeld   | @Ev_Rosenfeld
Published 9:29 PM ET Thu, 6 April 2017  Updated 1:38 AM ET Fri, 7 April 2017
This is not a timeline glitch, it's really the wrong bombing. :)

And yes, this time they also warned Russia, as expected.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 05:14:31 pm »
I don't want to get rid of Wikipedia because I'm pro censorship, Armap; quite the opposite.
That's not what I meant, what I meant was that getting rid is censorship.

Although it's not really Wikipedia's fault; it's just the effect that supports monoculture.
So, it's not their fault but you want to get rid of them. Is that fair?

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2018, 06:31:16 pm »
From Smiling Tree on FB

Damascus, Syria
They make Chemical weapons

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2018, 07:38:51 pm »
JJ Jones OMG... This Margaret (Peggy) Hamburg was HHS Director NYC.. And facilitated The AIDS spread...
She and her husband owned all this stock in Leviquine an anti biotic made with fluoride that she passed as head of FDA under Obama.. and it paralyzed and killed a bunch of people!!! I know a lot about her from my Cspan years..

RICO!!! Larry Klaymen sued her!

Former FDA Chief Faces Racketeering Lawsuit
https://holisticprimarycare.net/news/1796-former-fda-head-faces-racketeering-lawsuit.html

Levaquin RICO Lawsuit Dismissed By Judge In District Of Columbia
https://www.lexislegalnews.com/articles/16128/levaquin-rico-lawsuit-dismissed-by-judge-in-district-of-columbia

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2018, 08:06:23 pm »

ah Armap you weren't supposted to play...cause i knew you would get it
you actually read all the parts

well the question in reply 47 was did you spot anything in post 45

all of the replies in post 45 were for the bombing in 2017 and every one said so...some said so right in the link...sigh

the article from  post 47 is for this year...

details      details      details

somewhere in another post  someone said this

READing is a good thing

bwhahahahahahahahahah

and someone elses signature says this
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply;

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:10:10 pm by space otter »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2018, 08:32:52 pm »
all of the replies in post 45 were for the bombing in 2017 and every one said so...some said so right in the link...sigh

Ah I get it... you DELIBERATELY posted false information to see if we would notice they were from last year...  When I trusted that your links would be accurate...

Hmmmm interesting

So I guess that means from now on we can't just trust that you posted the correct info relative to a thread and will have to look at everything with a fine tooth comb...

The whole purpose of having a TEAM is that everyone in that team adds a little to the over all project...  This is not a contest.  In the past I have trusted that your posts contain accurate pertinent info   and no I do not need to read entire articles when a simple headline answers the question...

My POINT was that the Russians KNEW that we would make those strikes... and when you posted a bunch of links on that, I simply assumed you had dne your usual due diligence and provided GOOD links.  There was no need for me to read them to see if they were true or not  (even with the snide comment :P )

In any case showing that the Russians also were informed in advance the LAST time is just as good a proof of my point.

And thanks  to ArMaP we do have a team member that catches little details like last years dates, as one or two of my links were as well.   

So I take note:  """double check otters' posts from now on to make sure its not a test"""

:o

::)

:P

8)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:43 pm »
SO...

The TOPIC of this thread is...
Syrian Chemical Factory - Research Required

Interesting development...

I know Donald Trump was at the opening of the Saudi Arabian Anti Terrorist facility.  It seems the Saudis have FINALLY taken an active role in the Middle East mess..

Well I saw this headline and tracked it back to REUTERS  and the date is  APRIL 17, 2018 / 8:26 AM / UPDATED 9 HOURS AGO  so there is no confusion

Saudi Arabia says open to sending troops to Syria under wider coalition

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia would be prepared to send troops into Syria as part of the U.S.-led coalition if a decision was taken to widen it, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said on Tuesday.

“We are in discussion with the U.S. and have been since the beginning of the Syrian crisis about sending forces into Syria,” Jubeir told a news conference in Riyadh with U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.

He said Riyadh had expressed its readiness while Barack Obama was U.S. President to send ground forces into Syria if the United States were to add an on-the-ground component to the U.S.-led coalition fighting Islamic State insurgents.

Rest of article here...(reuters gets nasty about copyrights :P )

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-saudi/saudi-arabia-says-open-to-sending-troops-to-syria-under-wider-coalition-idUSKBN1HO2DD

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2018, 08:55:32 pm »
Now I never got around to posting this here before So I will add it here and then move it to it's own thread later.

There has been a major shakeup in Saudi Arabia  since King Abdullah died. many Saudi Royals have been arrested...  the Bin Ladin oil company (with HEAVY ties to the Bush Oil Cartel) that owns about 85% of the oil in Saudi Arabia has had to lay off 50,000 workers (mostly foreign) and has been under attack by workers...

I was sure I posted all the Saudi issues here recently I will have to check... but Trump was there at the opening of the new Saudi Arabian Counterterrorism Center.

Sputnik News  :P All the BEST info is coming from RUSSIA  :P

What gets me though is they all look like CLONES   :o ::) :P

https://www.brookings.edu/testimonies/the-u-s-saudi-arabia-counterterrorism-relationship/

Brookings is still an old and reliable news source
The U.S.-Saudi Arabia counterterrorism relationship

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:00:08 pm by zorgon »

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2018, 01:20:57 am »

Maybe it's just the light or something, but this does not look like a real photo to me.  It looks computer generated.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2018, 06:05:35 am »

Ah I get it... you DELIBERATELY posted false information to see if we would notice they were from last year...  When I trusted that your links would be accurate...

no you don't get it
there is NO false information
the links were true and accurate  but they were a year old
a small  important detail imo, of course

i was trying to make a point with humor..obviously it missed the mark

one of my points is that  the same thing occurred this year is telling....but you didn't get that it is habit for  the u.s. to warn other big powers to get out of the way if you would have noticed that little detail of the year you may have had a different impression
it was my intent to post immediately after but another post got inbetween

the fact that you(general you not specific you.) would take info..any info and not look closely is telling how easy it is to make assumptions
(your april fools post is one example - i got caught in that one
for a bit before i researched it by using the picture and then i still didn't get it was a joke just thinking that you had missed the follow up that it was false.... so double checking ALL posts proves to be important  that was another point i was trying to make .. )

i did say there is more if you look  and believe it or don't. which was a clue that something was afoot

So I guess that means from now on we can't just trust that you posted the correct info relative to a thread and will have to look at everything with a fine tooth comb...

actually you need to check everyones post for that reason

another point  was that a lot of things posted on here do not have a date or a link attached so it is impossible to check  it out closely
thusly only showing the slant the poster wanted to make and not  in context with entire bodies of information that may or may not give a different impression

The whole purpose of having a TEAM is that everyone in that team adds a little to the over all project...  This is not a contest.  In the past I have trusted that your posts contain accurate pertinent info   and no I do not need to read entire articles when a simple headline answers the question...

MY POSTS do contain accurate and pertinent info and the date and the link where you can check it out for yourself...that has always been Paramount to me....
wheather you read more than the headline is a personal choice of intelligence gathering not a time constraint

My POINT was that the Russians KNEW that we would make those strikes... and when you posted a bunch of links on that, I simply assumed you had dne your usual due diligence and provided GOOD links.  There was no need for me to read them to see if they were true or not  (even with the snide comment :P )

they were good links and i did do my due diligence
isn't it the readers due diligence to look closely so as not to be mislead
and
 you didn't have to go read them as the dates on most and on the
 copied paragraph were right there in plain view
and the snide comment was a humorous clue to look closely
obviously misunderstood  :P

In any case showing that the Russians also were informed in advance the LAST time is just as good a proof of my point.

that was also my point
in 2017 there were articles everywhere on what was done.. in 2018 only one that i could find...another layer of info that i was pointing out with two posts
coming right out and saying it doesn't seem to catch the eye as fast

and i did know Armap was the only one likely to read the whole of it
because it is most folks habit to NOT READ  the details

and i know this will disappear because

SO...

The TOPIC of this thread is...
Syrian Chemical Factory - Research Required

except where it isn't    sigh

ps i did notice that the posts after my "JOKE ?" mostly do have links
even though most of the arab  info was already posted elsewhere
how 'mean' of me not to say where :P
gotta stay tru to form ya know..wouldn't want my charactor esqued
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:20:08 am by space otter »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
Maybe it's just the light or something, but this does not look like a real photo to me.  It looks computer generated.

It is just the lighting... :P

The MARVELOUS invention called the Internet, with a useful tool called Google Search can usually answer your doubts :P

However... since most photography these days is DIGITAL  I suppose you could argue all pictures are computer generated  :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:43:41 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2018, 03:07:29 pm »
i was trying to make a point with humor..obviously it missed the mark

That would seem the case yes :P  You Americans have an odd sense of Humor :P

one of my points is that  the same thing occurred this year is telling....but you didn't get that it is habit for  the u.s. to warn other big powers to get out of the way if you would have noticed that little detail of the year you may have had a different impression

Had I had a NEED to check the date of confirmation that we tell the russians everything we do. I would have noticed it... In this case it wasn't a need. The fact they we also warned them last time kinda makes the case.

The CONCERN of people on the net, FB and twitter is that this Syrian attack will lead to WW III, because that was what the old regime was pushing (and still is with the "Russian Collusion" crap that may destroy the FBI)

The fact that the Russians were kept in the loop is significant to show that this will NOT lead to WW III... and besides Edgar Cayce told us it would be Russia that prevents WW III  so....

Maybe after Trump's second term... we can get Vladimire Putin as President :P 

8)

(your april fools post is one example - i got caught in that one

Of what USE would an April Fool's Joke be if you said... HEY FOLKES  Going to post an April Fool's Joke  :P
Kinda defeats the porpoise dontcha think?
\
GOTCHA  :P

actually you need to check everyones post for that reason

Don't really have the time for doing that... that is why I created a forum so others can spot those things. I can barely keep the website updated  Still haven't fixed all the pages and menus yet.  The idea of building a team is to get people you can trust to vet their own posts.  Sadly that doesn't happen a lot in forums because enthusiasm and outrage create reactions before thought

whether you read more than the headline is a personal choice of intelligence gathering not a time constraint

90 % of news article (and documentaries) contain maybe 10% of useful content, the rest is blah blah blah filler. This is why clipping the pertinent paragraph related to the issue on the table is more useful and productive than posting an entire article  Basically like that old Detective TV show were Joe Friday says it:

In this case saying "I am sure the Russians were informed"  does not require reading the entire batch of news articles that basically say in the headline "The Russians were told ahead of time"  Do you see that point?

Most articles I just skim over catching the key points of importance to what I am looking for.  Most of the time you get the facts in the opening paragraph and what follows is the author's opinion

they were good links and i did do my due diligence
isn't it the readers due diligence to look closely so as not to be mislead
and you didn't have to go read them as the dates on most and on the
 copied paragraph were right there in plain view

Yes they were good articles  proving my point so there was no reason to even assume the date was wrong because of a joke... when i was taking this thread seriously and was anticipating your usual due diligence :P

Okay Ya GOT ME Are we even because you got fooled over the Dragon?

and the snide comment was a humorous clue to look closely
obviously misunderstood  :P

Ah yes... that American Humour  :P

gotta stay tru to form ya know..wouldn't want my charactor esqued

No we wouldn't want THAT :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts