collapse

Author Topic: The Plan  (Read 71526 times)

deuem

Re: The Plan
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »
The farmers sell to the stores who mark it up radically.  The farmers are NOT the Ones making money.

I'm sorry, we don't have that many stores that sell these goods. Mostly farmers famlies in markets or street side. The stores are for imported food mostly...Imported from other countries or other areas of China. So the price I see is a farmers price and that price is kept down by the buyers. They want their food and don't want to pay for it. The moment any farmer here can get a job or sell their land they stop farming. Your robots will be busy in the fields. Start them there first, growing food. Food is more important than free electricity any day....

Real farming is very hard work and no one wants to pick weeds all day. Work in the hot sun and burn off your skin, carry water to the plants. It is very hard too do. And worst of all they get below minimum wage to do it. Without farmers everything stops instantly........

deuem

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2013, 10:30:22 pm »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:51 pm »
Ya. Sure. Y'betchy. By golly.  [grin]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:09 am »
Real farming is very hard work and no one wants to pick weeds all day. Work in the hot sun and burn off your skin, carry water to the plants. It is very hard too do. And worst of all they get below minimum wage to do it. Without farmers everything stops instantly........

deuem

I'm envisioning small robots in teams...like scrubbing bubbles only farm robots that scurry over the land, digging, planting, weeding, removing insects, harvesting, with no need for pesticides or herbicides, all organically grown, and tucking the produce onto robotic transport for shipment to a central place where orders are filled automatically from online requests.  (With Those who LOVE to farm able to claim what land They WANT to farm and robots moving out of the way.)

Also, vertical farms produce VASTLY more food per acre, and would be VERY easy to roboticize.

Yes, the system now requires labor that may suit some, but not most.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

deuem

« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2013, 12:50:39 am »
that is the kind of Amy I want to read, You just gave me something to sink my teeth into. A goal,,,,,

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2013, 08:53:53 am »
that is the kind of Amy I want to read, You just gave me something to sink my teeth into. A goal,,,,,

[smile]  Yes, like I said, add robots where there are not enough People who WANT to add Their energy to do necessary things.

I envision a lot, BUT I will not say that HAS to be the way it goes.  All I would provide is the framework.  I figure since 96% of Humans are NOT psychopathic, They will build well upon that framework.

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2013, 10:14:11 am »

If this is true then why are the farmers the lowest on the money scale, they should be the rich guys on the block.  Sorry, I don't see that here. Every farmer I have ever heard says they are on the limits of going broke. there is no profit in growing food.  Very few make above the wages city folk get.

Deuem

That my friend is an interesting point and one that has not been hit on CT boards, TruthSeeking/Distraction Boards or Organic Farming Hangouts!

Although making a buck in the markets I am interested in differ greatly from the market's you mention, same rule applys.

Once again I point to ABC TV Australia, and in this case I take you all on a journey to the Commodities report:

http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2013/s3887646.htm

I prefer this show these day's to gardening shows for the most part as one can watch how Food work's.  I don't agree with some of the Farmer's in the program thats for sure, but in saying so understanding a problem and in some case's a lack of a problem has to be paramount to understanding how the foodchain works. 

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2013, 03:38:44 pm »
Well if i look at history, especially the local museums i see that farmers became the land owners & thereby became very wealthy indeed.....

This happened because of the 'coming together' of local groups who each had an allotment, these groups became the farming families of the 1700's who became the rich folk of today....... ::)

ETA: Unless you look at farmers in Texas who struck OIL, which is far more profit than farming... ::)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:40:59 pm by PlaysWithMachines »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]