collapse

Author Topic: Curses and the Occult  (Read 5503 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
Curses and the Occult
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:47 am »
I am not sure if this is a suitable topic or not for PRC...maybe any sign of feedback may answer it....This is just something that I believe that I experienced at some time in my life where if there is interest I will post my story.

I will say that I am somewhat wary of this topic and how in depth one may go...Initially I hope to consider it gradually and see where it goes.

Initially earlier in my Life I never believed in such things and I also did not believe in Ghosts until I witnessed one. But I had an experience that led to a series of bad luck that seemed too hard to believe at the time .

Some things to consider such as like do they really exist ? or is it mystical or only in the mind...

Where do they originate from ?

Is there forces from our past or the Dead that can haunt us ?

Is it all in the Stars and astrological ?

Is there any Cures to stop them ?

or is it just baloney !  :)

Offline Lady Jae

• Gold 33
  • a work in progress
Re: Curses and the Occult
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:30 am »
I am not sure if this is a suitable topic or not for PRC...maybe any sign of feedback may answer it....This is just something that I believe that I experienced at some time in my life where if there is interest I will post my story.

I will say that I am somewhat wary of this topic and how in depth one may go...Initially I hope to consider it gradually and see where it goes.

Initially earlier in my Life I never believed in such things and I also did not believe in Ghosts until I witnessed one.I understand that statement all too well.  Ghost, spirit, whatever...I've seen things with my own two eyes (and had other witnesses for a few) that I still can't understand and/or explain.
 But I had an experience that led to a series of bad luck that seemed too hard to believe at the time .  I would be very interested in hearing more, if you feel comfortable sharing.

Some things to consider such as like do they really exist ? or is it mystical or only in the mind...I was told a long time ago that curses can only exist if you believe in them.  The mind is a powerful tool. Its all too easy to attribute a string of bad luck to such.

Where do they originate from ?

Is there forces from our past or the Dead that can haunt us ?Nothing to prove or disprove as of yet.

Is it all in the Stars and astrological ? My personal opinion is...no

Is there any Cures to stop them ?[

or is it just baloney !  :)Perhaps more ham than baloney  :)

J
You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is no middle ground.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:05:20 pm »
Lady J,

Thank you for your comments..

I will try to post details of my experience /s later...

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:36:06 pm »
I agree with Lady Jae that the mind can be a powerful source of directed energy and its ability to "manifest" events far outstrips our ability to understand what is happening. Those who might understand that also might have a character that enjoys seeing events turn toward chaos and they promote that idea. When that happens a string of " bad luck" becomes something to worry about when actually.... the " bad events" can be countered ....ahead of time.

I do not believe in no coincidences..... but however I do leave room for randomness.... does that make sense. Things happen for a reason in my opinion even though they are sometimes played out in a random looking manner. At the core.... what looks random isn't actually but it is controlled by a hand far larger than outs.

Just my personal viewpoint.

String of bad luck? I would like to hear about it.

My husband sometimes will swear profusely over a flat tire he discovers in the morning. Sure that event made him late and he called it " bad luck". I look at it and see that he was allowed to change that tire here in the safety of his own garage and not on the freeway. He was delayed.... but had a safe trip to work.... what about that scenario is " Bad luck".   Sometimes he can not see it.... and I understand that... not worth trying to let him see that things might have been avoided that could have been far worse and maybe the concept is to appreciate things as they come in your direction.... even when they seem desperately wrong and unfair as only " bad luck " can be.... not necessarily. The ball is still in the air I think!  Linda

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:01:32 pm »
Theres no reason to feel out of place Astr0!
This subject ties in with many things we do here, as it involves interdimensional events and occurences, which happen every day, to everyone.

Ghosts have many definitions, yet noone seems to approach their existence from a standpoint of how they are others like us, who are able to shift in between dimensions, due to some event in their previous life or some issue they are destined to go through, as a result of their past.

As far as the occult is concerned, the ghost is a life force which is vibrating on a different frequency, which we as humans cant perceive. They are there all the time, and can appear in and out depending on the mental state of the observer.

http://www.pymander.com/AETHEREAL/PRINC~1.htm
a good listing of the seven principles which define our being and universal existence, at whatever dimensional level we exist at.....ghost or otherwise.

As Hobbit poses, in our memory fields there are changes that take place which cause one to see other dimensions and feel feelings of another life force.
He is quite correct, and what we do see is all light anyhow, just different wavelengths.

Hence many alien sightings...they may be aliens, or other beings of light shifting in and out of various parts of our perception, due to our memory fields interacting with their light forces. A wave front of sorts, or field reaction to nodal points of aetheric energy which exist in numerous places around the Earth.

Personally, I have heard ghosts, and otherworldly beings, yet never seen them, and why I dont know, maybe someone will have input for that one.
barking hunting dogs, where none were, Strange sounds like rustling paper in a paper free room...stuff like that.

Also, through remote viewing Ive had voices tell me things about others which turned out true later on, so it comes from all angles I guess.

I really dont know why some have bad luck all at once, and speculate it may be from reactions to uncontrollable circumstances which snowball as more occur..call it frustration, but I have that time and again myself. I call it a toe stubbing day!LOL!

Youre not dealing with baloney friend, it's filet mignon, and very real, so you will never get a bad vibe from me on the subject, as I consider it to be real and to exist everywhere, whatever it is.

Best of luck to you, Astr0,
Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »
Thanks for your detailed interesting and thought provoking comments Linda and LittleEnki...

No doubt this sort of thing can become an in depth topic...

As one gets older , maybe one looks at things in a different perspective and one views and thoughts will change.

I am not thinking things through too much initially at this stage so I may will just go with the flow.

My 1st experience I am referring to occurred some years ago so I cannot clearly recall all the details and my own memory is not as good as it should be so please forgive me if I miss some points, I may recall more as I go on and may amend a few things later. Also forgive me if I have failed to reply to other posts that you have replied to in other threads...I hope to reply to them when I can get back on track..as my mind has been distracted by other things lately.
I never realized just how much material gets posted on PRC...I cannot keep up ! Its become a Goldmine for information.
Some posters on here amaze me how much they know or can respond... they are in a different league ! which it is fortunate that there are such members.

Back on track to my story.

Id say that It occurred within the last 20 years...

My Brother used to attend a Photography club that was held within an old Church...and he sometimes set up small events there to display members work or had access to use a dark room that had been set up with in it to develop pictures. I was maybe in my early 20s...and one night I went with him...On doing so he happened to mention that there was an Occult Club that also used the Church on certain nights....At this time I knew very little of such things but I was somewhat curious. I was told that they used another end of the Church room hall....So I decided to walk over to that side...and I could see there was some things covered over...I started snooping and came across some books...Had a look at one and I thought I would borrow it to see what it was about...

I took it home with me...and started to look at it...

I wish I could recall the details in more depth....but unfortunately  I cannot...

But I do recall it having pictures of Egyptian origin with pyramids and some beings that I have seen since on Egyptian artifacts , books films etc...

I seem to recall it referring to the teachings and what it would do for its students...which I think suggested gaining certain knowledge and power and raising ones abilities etc...

The book also  referred to some specific name...which I am trying to recall...and have been trying to google...a few years ago I did recall it and find some information on it, but I cannot seem to find it at the moment..I will post it if I come across it ..

Not long after obtaining this book...my run of bad luck began...or at least this was how it appeared to me at that time...and in comparison to anything else that I had experienced back then for the type of life that I was used to..

Again I cannot recall all the events, but examples were being involved in a Car Crash... Being made redundant... My Father getting Cancer... problems in the family...Certain health problems...Very little seeming to go right no matter what I did...including relatively minor things...

All seemed to occur one after the other within a short period of time.
and things continued for some time after..

I still had this book in my house and eventually it started to make me question what I had experienced thinking about this book.

I had intended to return it...but I think the Church shut down that part to it...so I never did.

I eventually got rid of it....

I am not saying this changed things...but maybe for a while things settled down for a while... BUT that was not the end of it...

Looking back I now know everyone will experience many bad things..and I was not the only one...but maybe my perspective at that time..it just felt like it..At that time there had also been bad recession and many things had been bad for many people..This did make me study various factors about why such recessions occur etc and what happens...I am now more knowledgeable after some years
of research and knowing about past history that happened in the 1930s

My experience  has however made me question and become very wary of  the occult and possible thoughts of me having been cursed somehow...

What in particular in recent times has made me question things further was when I have seen a TV program that discussed what happened to some Egyptian Explorers and so called curses that was claimed to happen to them...In their case it was much more serious..
BUT it does make one wonder !

Hence one also wonders if they exist...is there a cure for them ?

I don't really expect anyone to think or understand until it happens to them...

It seems the dust has settled for a while now...but it does effect ones mind at times and places fears within that I would rather not have as it can restrict ones life.

I do now however accept that it may well be down to how one interprets  things...and experience can overcome the restrictions.

I will add my Ghost experience later at some time.

sky otter

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:00:55 pm »

Astr0144

there are many ways that we open to different experiences
 and then many more ways in which we react to those experiences
all of it valid because all of it is personal...

the one thing you must remember is that YOU are in charge
and can call a halt..there are universal rules that still do give you that power
unfortunately fear stomps you right in the gut and is very hard to shake

to gain control of the experiences you must become fear-less
not an easy task
but doable with effort

as far as ghosts...again..many levels

looking forward to hearing of your experience
 8)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
Hi Sky,

I appreciate your comments...

At times I do think one can feel that they have to start all over again when faced with certain issues that have affected ones life...

As we get older and hopefully wiser and more experienced...we may gain the abilities to cope..

BUT sometimes I just wish that I did not know certain things..

When I was in my late teens early twenties... I and I am sure many of us were almost fearless....

Then later as we experience life...even little things that once we would not think anything off..can become a problem...

Some people see no problems, while others see the same thing as a major obsticle... I suppose we all vary and are affected differently and it can be down to own own personal abilities / personality a to how we deal with issues..

No doubt there are now many more things today that we probably become aware about compared to 20 to 40 years ago or so with viewing the TV and internet...

Id say TV today has installed no doubt many fears for those who become conscious of what they observe..which also may be down to experience and better understanding.

On the one hand we learn a lot more....but at the same time we see a lot more to consider on how one may deal with certain situations...

No doubt everyone has their own interpretations...

How much is a sort of mind control in developing certain issues in terms of restricting ones life and how much it may help overcome these restrictions is quite an in depth consideration.

I think for me TV has put more fear into my life than anything else...but at the same time it has made me aware of such fears and hopefully can help me avoid the situations that may ocurr if that makes any sense !...

Will post the Ghost experience later today after I have slept..

Hope I don't have any nightmares ! :-)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »
Excellent breakdown, Sky, as i believe Astr0 encountered a level he wasnt prepared for yet, when he found that book and jumped right in.

The hermetic teachings, a product of the first "all knowing master" in recorded history, who travelled the world sharing the knowledge of the universe with the societies of the time.

Hermetic knowledge is the basis for all Egyptian technology some say, and was actually the reason many were able to do things that we can only dream of today.

He visited the Pre Incans, the Pre Mayan and Olmec societies, and also made his way through Asia, and the Middle East.

All the while he taught the locals of the knowledge afforded by the seven principles of the hermetic philosophy.

All this being said, there are millions of webpages with any number of summaries of these teachings, and it can occupy a lifetime of study, if it becomes a part of your life.

When you took that book, what you did, was skip the steps required to absorb the seven principles and their meaning, and the solid tangible form of the book held the curse you have experienced.

At first one must begin slowly with the whole plan of the Hermetic structure, and until the seven principles are understood deeply, to hold any book or symbol of the masters and their elevated level of knowledge is not typically accepted, until it is time to become illumed(aware).

Of course, whoever left that book there to be seen was as much to blame as anyone who took it, and as such they would be the victim of any "curse" which came from that mistake.

The whole seeing and hearing of ghosts is a common occurence for those who reach out to the world of the One, and try to see through the forest through the trees.

I would suggest reading a great deal of these writings, and listening to some good long audio or video lessons in the hermetic system, thusforth building your deserving nature of knowing these things.

There is a reason the frescos and artwork of the churches, and megaliths of the world, are so impossible to decipher...to protect the non-illumed, and those who are new to this world from learning to fast and all at once(impossible anyhowLOL!)

Here are some more links to a plethora of worldly knowledge, known well before Christ, and perfected by the earliest thinking humans and others upon it's spread across the globe.

The most important knowledge in this whole affair is the Kybalion....

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/kyb/kyb03.htm

The further lessons of the master Hermes are here.....the apocryphal texts...the hidden knowledge of the many who passed it down.....

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/index.htm

These books are the ones left out of the bible by the greeks and the British King James, when the Romans decided to take control of Christianity.

These two links will provide an understanding of how the hermetic teachings have been passed down through hidden and mysterious methods.

Heres a great audio lesson on the seven principles which is great for a trip on the treadmill, or a meditation sesion alike.....

Danny Wilten does a great job of explaining the different principles in depth, with a relaxing approach.

Then watch these videos on the Bible and how the hidden knowledge of our connection to Orion is right in front of our faces...as Jesus said in the New Testament...See whats right in front of your face! Great stuff, too!

Now, for the connection between the hermetic teachings and ghostly occurences, this is a good read.....

a passage for now, then the link to the whole page...

There is one vital substance in Nature upon which all things subsist. It is called archæus, or vital life force, and is synonymous with the astral light or spiritual air of the ancients. In regard to this substance, Eliphas Levi has written: "Light, that creative agent, the vibrations of which are the movement and life of all things; light, latent in the universal ether, radiating about absorbing centres, which, being saturated thereby, project movement and life in their turn, so forming creative currents; light, astralized in the stars, animalized in animals, humanized in human beings; light, which vegetates all plants, glistens in metals, produces all forms of Nature and equilibrates all by the laws of universal sympathy--this is the light which exhibits the phenomena of magnetism, divined by Paracelsus, which tinctures the blood, being released from the air as it is inhaled and discharged by the hermetic bellows of the lungs." (The History of Magic.)

This vital energy has its origin in the spiritual body of the earth. Every created thing has two bodies, one visible and substantial, the other invisible and transcendent.

The latter consists of an ethereal counterpart of the physical form; it constitutes the vehicle of archæus, and may be called a vital body. This etheric shadow sheath is not dissipated by death, but remains until the physical form is entirely disintegrated. These "etheric doubles, "seen around graveyards, have given rise to a belief in ghosts.

Being much finer in its substances than the earthly body, the etheric double is far more susceptible to impulses and inharmonies. It is derangements of this astral light body that cause much disease. Paracelsus taught that a person with a morbid mental attitude could poison his own etheric nature, and this infection, diverting the natural flow of vital life force, would later appear as a physical ailment. All plants and minerals have an invisible nature composed of this "archæus," but each manifests it in a different way.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta26.htm

Finally, know yourself, and tell yourself this is the knowledge you need, and want to progress along the lines of understanding what it means to be a student of the Master. An illumed one, with the right to become a part of the universe in your own special way.

Welcome, Astr0, to the rest of your life, friend, you can make it the best with these lessons, guaranteed, you just need to take it one step at a time.

And I think our friend Pimander knows this well, as he may be named for a 16th century master, The Divine Pymander...:D

Well wishes, Astr0, and use these learnings to make those "curses go away"

Cheers!
Littleenki

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:11:50 pm »
Littleenki. I am in awe of the things that you know.
Because too they are gentle things....

"thusforth building your deserving nature of knowing these things"

I love that phrase " building your deserving nature"

Thats what its all about....

Thank you for helping me stay on an even keel!

Linda

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:00 pm »
You are too kind! :D
The pleasure is all mine, sweet Linda!
Pleasant dreams!
Littleenki

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
Hi Littleenki,

You seem to have unlimited knowledge of almost all things...an online encyclopeadia !  :-)

The Book I obtained may have incorporated some of the material that you refer to Hermatic and kybalion , but it was not what I recall...

I know there are all sorts of cults out there...some black arts, some religous and some white hat related.

I used to assume that the Occult referred to black hat / the Devil..but If I recall, occult refers to Hidden... or maybe underworld or secret..
Their beliefs may have been along some non religious sect and maybe towards the dark side...but not in any illegal terms as far as I am aware.

Some may suggest this as a form of mysticism...maybe a made up cult that teaches some dark side ways to perform in ones life.

I am not really religious myself...

There has been some things in the news lately in relation to Scientology with Rupert Murdoch and the Cruise's being in the news.

I once passed by a shop window in a city where I live who were promoting it..At the time I did not know what it was...and I went in to enquire...After some initial friendly chat with some of the leaders..I was asked to fill in a questionnaire form about certain things about my Life..which I did...It was later analized by them. and they gave me feedback....As time went on they started to become rather nosy and started asking things that I was not very comfortable answering and wanting my personal details....and they showed me a book...which I did buy as I was curious what it involved in more detail.

During this time, I could hear someone in another room shouting and sceaming...and it got louder and louder..when I asked what was going on..they told me it was part of a process that they went through with certain individuals who they claimed had some mental issues.

I made my excuses and left....Later after reading and researching more into it , I made my conclusions that it was not for me.

As for Ghosts....what I witnessed was just a very unusual incident that I cannot explain...

I was at a place of work in a locker room on a break...and I was at a locker row 2nd row from the furthest point in the room before a solid wall and one door that was always locked...I sat down and could see the door from where I stood all the time. When I got to the locker there was no one around as far as my locker row when I walked past and I did not think anyone was on the last row..that was until I started to hear something...I did not want to put my head around to see who it was...so I looked under the locker facing me..which faced the last row...and I could see two legs with shoes and socks on..

Not long after a couple of workers who I new came to their lockers , got what they wanted , said a few words and left...and one person came to the last row and did the same...BUT he did not say anything.

Later I was due to go back to my job...and I had thought that it seemed funny that the person who had visited his locker on the end row who I new had not said anything to the person whom I had noted when I looked under the locker..

I decided I had to look who it was..so I looked around and no one was there...So I was someone rather disturbed and could not understand what had happened.

Later that day someone else who I new reported seeing a ghost before I told anyone in a different part of the works...

So I found all this rather spooky..Later other longer term workers did tell some stories of similar things that had been seen in the past.

No doubt upon learning about theories of shift phases ,different frequencies within the Electro magnetic spectrum waves , vibrating frequencies etc...parallel universes or one may decribe, time shifts or what ever....there may well be such a thing.

As far as I recall this is the only experience of this nature that I have witnessed. BUT I am now a definite believer that they exist.

Astr0...

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »
Thanks Astr0, Ive been reading this stuff for a while now, and applying it as well.
Your compliments are kind indeed, and it is all good for me to help a fellow friend, and to try to help you understand the events that correlate with these occurences.

Your ghost story is quite interesting, and if I had to ask you one question, it would be, where do you work?

Are there any large electrical devices there, or anything which generate large magnetic fields?

If you hadnt seen this person I wonder if someone else would have, and reported it, as he might have been trying to be seen.

I would also see if you could find someone close by who does hypnotic regression, and see if theres something you can draw out of memory.

Anyways, a cool story!

Sleep well,
Littleenki

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 07:45:01 pm »
Hi L.E,

The incident happened maybe over 12 years ago...
I worked at a fair size well known company, but unfortunately no longer...so there were some large machinery within it that were  powered...but the locker room where it occurred was as far as I recall away from the machinery area..I am not sure I can recall what may been directly behind that specific wall.

As much as there was some distraction When other workers came and went from their lockers within the two end rows...I was consciously awaiting to see who this person was...thinking that he would get up and leave to walk past my locker row to go back to his work...There was only one way in and out to each rows of lockers within the block.  What was strange was when I could hear someone their...I am not aware if it is normal for ghost sitings to also hear anything other than maybe what we see on the movies.

The other incident that I THINK did occur the same day ( or certainly next day) happened at the back of some very large machinery...A specialist hot oven...so that did have a large  power source nearby.

I am not sure in my case for what I myself witnessed...if seeing an hypnotized would offer too much as all I did see was a pair of legs with blue trousers socks and boots...

It suggested that it had been a worker from there at some time in the past...Whether or not someone may have died at the workplace may have been a possibility....or maybe it was a type of spirit who had in the past worked there a long time and felt the need to revisit or maybe haunt the place in its own way...by this I mean in the sense of hanging around that area...

As I say there had been other stories from other longer term workers..and I suspect this happens all over..

Whether or not they appear from another frequency or portal is a possibility I suspect.

I wonder how many people on average claim to have witnessed such things...and on average how many % of the population ?

As far as I had been aware I had not seen a ghost before this..BUT what I witnessed did NOT appear in any way Ghost like..it was just as you would have expected to see someones legs looking under a locker...where as I believe the other siting had been more ghost like...but had been seen walking in an area and just disappeared and was not recognized as anyone else who should had been in that area.

IT MAY JUST be that they walk amongst us every day on the street !  and we may  just do not realize...I have heard this said before...

Just a thought...
IF so one wonders if there is a way to observe a busy high street and pick them out if using special equipment..

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:57:25 pm by astr0144 »

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »
What an amazing story, Astro!
It does sound like a dimensional shift, and I would guess it had happened before there if its an older building.

What is important is realizing whether it was you who shifted, or the apparition.

With the way it appears to be a mystery even as to what the ghost looked like, Im inclined to think it may have been that you were also experiencing a shift, whereas the person you saw may have been meant to experience the visit, and you were just there at the time.

Of course, its just speculation on that, but I wouldnt be amazed to find out it was a visit intended for both of you, perhaps even a old fellow worker who had passed or even a family member or friend from long ago.

I hope you had a great fourth, and your dreams will be pleasant!
Littleenki

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter