collapse

Author Topic: ONCE UPON A TIME... When Radiation was GOOD for you!  (Read 5075 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
ONCE UPON A TIME... When Radiation was GOOD for you!
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:11:53 pm »
ONCE UPON A TIME... When Radiation was GOOD for you!

Radiation is Good For Your Skin Shocking 50's Commercial

Dorothy Gray Salon Cold Cream - Dr. Alfred Curie was no relation to either Marie or Pierre Curie, but his name sold French women on the idea of radioactive cosmetics. Curie along with Alexis Moussali developed a line of beauty products under the name Tho-radia. The line included face cream, soap, powder, and even toothpaste containing thorium and radium. Although they were expensive, Tho-radia product were a hit in Paris, and therefore popular everywhere else.

[youtube]unbeLMd5vQY[/youtube]

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: ONCE UPON A TIME... When Radiation was GOOD for you!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »
John Massaria

NEED MORE RADIATION IN YOUR WATER??? WE HAVE YOU COVERED...

If you needed more radioactive water than could be supplied by patent medicines, you could make your own with any of dozens of devices produced to add radiation to water. This Radium Emanator was sold in the 1930s. It had uranium embedded in the cement core, which would leach into the water overnight.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 06:15:32 pm »
John Massaria

Nazi's ----

In addition to fluoride they also liked radioactive toothpaste... Its radioactive radiation increases the defenses of teeth and gums. The cells are loaded with new life energy, the destroying effect of bacteria is hindered. This explains the excellent prophylaxis and healing process with gingival diseases. It gently polishes the dental enamel so it turns white and shiny. Prevents dental calculus. Wonderful lather and a new, pleasant, mild and refreshing taste. Can be applied sparingly.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »
For the Kids... Bey Bob Lazar had one of these :D

John Massaria

The Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab was one of many children's chemistry sets that included radioactive materials, in this case four kinds of uranium. The Gilbert lab was recommended for "only boys with a great deal of education", and was priced at $50.00, an astronomical sum in those days. The high price was the reason for the disappearance of these kits rather than the danger of the materials. You could buy less expensive kits for your youngster in the sixties, such as the Atomic Energy Lab which only had one kind of uranium, but also contained radium.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »
Depression Glass

Highly collectible and pretty... found at Flea Markets and Fine Antique Shoppes

Depression glass is clear or colored translucent glassware that was distributed free, or at low cost, in the United States and Canada around the time of the Great Depression. The Quaker Oats Company, and other food manufacturers and distributors, put a piece of glassware in boxes of food, as an incentive to purchase. Movie theaters and businesses would hand out a piece simply for coming in the door.

Most of this glassware was made in the central and mid-west United States, where access to raw materials and power made manufacturing inexpensive in the first half of the twentieth century. More than twenty manufacturers made more than 100 patterns, and entire dinner sets were made in some patterns. Common colors are clear (crystal), pink, pale blue, green, and amber. Less common colors include yellow (canary), ultra marine, jadeite (opaque pale green), delphite (opaque pale blue), cobalt blue, red (ruby & royal ruby), black, amethyst, monax, and white (milk glass).

Although of marginal quality, Depression glass has been highly collectible since the 1960s. Due to its popularity as a collectible, Depression glass is becoming more scarce on the open market. Rare pieces may sell for several hundred dollars. Some manufacturers continued to make popular patterns after World War II, or introduced similar patterns, which are also collectible. Popular and expensive patterns and pieces have been reproduced, and reproductions are still being made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_glass

Okay so the point?  Well those unique colors of that glass were created by URANIUM SALTS. In fact the other name for Depression Glass is Uranium Glass

Uranium glass beads in various colors and colorblends, on a white background under incandescent light.

Uranium glass is glass which has had uranium, usually in oxide diuranate form, added to a glass mix before melting. The proportion usually varies from trace levels to about 2% by weight uranium, although some 20th-century pieces were made with up to 25% uranium.

Uranium glass was once made into tableware and household items, but fell out of widespread use when the availability of uranium to most industries was sharply curtailed during the Cold War in the 1940s to 1990s. Most such objects are now considered antiques or retro-era collectibles, although there has been a minor revival in art glassware. Otherwise, modern uranium glass is now mainly limited to small objects like beads or marbles as scientific or decorative novelties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_glass

If you have any, you can hit them with a fluorescent light and they will GLOW

The green glows the best as it has the highest volume of Uranium salts...

I have one piece left  A 1920's statue, nude girl, that really lights up...  Its behind leaded glass so no worries ;)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »
In the WTF? Department...

John Massaria

Know a guy who needs his balls filled with radiation???

In the 1930s, anyone with $150 could purchase a radiendocrinator to place over your endocrine glands to expose them to therapeutic radium. The device came with paper soaked in radium, which you inserted into the case and exposed, screen-side up, to your testicles or other glands.

"Chestnuts roasting over an...."

::)

sky otter

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »

certainly makes me wonder what the current  objects to look for
well besides flu shots that is :o

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 11:43:42 pm »
When I was a kid in the early 50s this machine was made in the place of my birth, Milwaukee Wisconsin. I remember going to the shoe store and stepping up on the machine, placing my feet in the foot holes and looking down the observation tubes to see my bones in my feet.

Little did we know than this thing radiated everything around it. It was fun to see the bones of the foot and wiggle the toes and see it in real time. I now can't believe my feet haven't rotted off by radiation exposure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVlEXd9w7vk[/youtube]
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56