collapse

Author Topic: Award Winning Manga to be Freely Used, Author Will Not Request Royalties  (Read 31722 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: Award Winning Manga to be Freely Used, Author Will Not Request Royalties
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 07:29:57 pm »
So what have you produced that would give you what Amy calls "Spotlight"?

I have seen many websites around the net that copy AND TAKE FULL CREDIT for my hard work on the Naval Space Command. Now I could take action but seems little point.

By saying that there seems to be little point, are you implying that you have not, in fact, really been harmed by what they have done?

Do you think THAT is right and justified?  I call that outright Piracy... I call that outright plagerism and I call that outright disrespectful. When one of those persons now writes a book and makes money off my work without even acknowledging me... do you consider that to be fair?

Yes, but what is never really acknowledged, is the fact that money is really the core of the issue, isn't it?  In other words, if we were not living in a scarcity based society, you would not need to use a monopoly on your own mental output, in order to generate income, in order to live.  So if, at least mentally, we can take ourselves out of that scenario, then we can realise that, if living in such a scenario, it would not be an issue at all.

Our society does not actually reward the production or creation of abundance by the individual.  It really rewards the regulation of scarcity.  Look at the concept of the "Disney vault," as one example.  Disney take steps to periodically increase the rarity of certain of their films, and by doing so, arbitrarily manipulate public demand for them.

As a further result of this social structure, if you yourself wish to eat, you feel that you have no choice to but to also join the game, and engage in similar behaviour with your own creative work, in order to try to ensure paying demand for it.  If we were living in a society that was not organised in such a blatantly psychopathic manner, then while I could definitely understand anger over a lack of attribution, I myself at least would probably not be angry over the use of my own work, if attribution were given.

Yup I guess you do :P Sorry I disagree with you... they have just STOLEN my "Spotlight and I will make sure they are CURSED

That is vindictive.  I do not consider such justifiable; and more to the point, my own karmic profile does not allow me to get away with such, even at such times as I am tempted to engage in such behaviour.  If you have the luxury of being able to get away with such acts, then consider yourself fortunate; although it is a perverse kind of good fortune; and your attitude here is also in conflict with what you go on to say about doing no harm, in the remainder of the quoted post.

Which is it?  Do you consistently do no harm, or do you curse people in retaliation for behaviour which you consider wrongful, and then consider yourself justified?
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 07:32:31 pm »
*jaw hits floor*

nobody has ever told me that before and i'm nearly 55 years old.

My statements reflect merely that which I observe.  I do not engage in flattery, and unless there is some risk of censure, of a particular kind that would cause me disadvantage, I do not particularly care about offending people, either.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 07:36:43 pm »
*jaw hits floor*

nobody has ever told me that before and i'm nearly 55 years old.

I guess that means you missed my advice to Primus about you then.  :P  ;)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:08 pm »
If no one has to do anything differently then nothing will change. This very thread is asking authors to do just that CHANGE what they are doing and give their work away for free.

Ah, f'chissake.  Sure, policy makers and those they direct need to do things differently.  I'm speaking of the cleaning lady in the local hotel.  I'm speaking of the truck driver. I'm speaking of the grocery stocker.  I'm speaking of the bank teller.  I'm speaking of the farmer.  And so on and so on.  Ere Ye really THAT dense then? [grin]

Authors will continue to sell Their works...  But as the need for money dissipates, and with a Conscious awareness of the goals throughout society, when the time comes that the author can live richly whether S/He sells anything or not, the the writing will be done by Those who WANT to write and judged on the merits as perceived by the readership as a whole, and not by some editor or "critic."

Jobs are already being replaced by robots and those effected are NOT having a choice.

Yeah, but what do You think Their choice would be if They didn't NEED the job to survive and could live richly without it?  I am sure that if someOne's bliss is to work 16 hours a day in a sweatshop, We could accommodate Them.

Welfare? Yeah I see how that works just around the corner... all the illegals getting free medical care and all those Cadilacs and HumVees collecting their welfare checks and food stamps, while an HONEST person cannot collect assistance as was meant to be

You're SO seeing this from a scarcity paradigm!  No One will be an "illegal" as all may live richly - "illegals" are only a problem when They're seen to be "taking something away" from Others - and borders will lose significance with sigmergic governance via the web.  AND the money We spend on war presently, as Bill Hicks said, would feed, clothe and house ALL of the world abundantly.

Free energy won't happen until some inventor actually gets a working device into production. If free energy is your ticket to Nirvana, it will be a very long wait

OR if the toadies see They are better off to STOP toadying and release the information to the public, and We collectively spend money developing it.  Individual inventors have already built working devices and been killed and threatened and otherwise shut up. 

China probably has the best chance at getting close to that... I would move but then they are prejudiced against "Whitey"

If the awareness spreads that the whole planet will change and it is to Their advantage to offer it to the world...

Anyway, I believe the tipping point, when reached, will make all the difference in the universe.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
Been saying that all along :P

And don't forget LIZARDS were the dominate life form on this planet for over 400 million years... think about it... the entire existence of man a mere drop in the bucket

Unless that Christian part of you has issues with accepting the long life span of Dinos :P

nope. no problem at all.  at this point, it seems perfectly logical, just based on the info in ancient texts and the statuary before 3000BC
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »

I guess that means you missed my advice to Primus about you then.  :P  ;)

i guess i did! 
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 09:05:57 pm »
Those who WANT to write and judged on the merits as perceived by the readership as a whole, and not by some editor or "critic."

it already works this way. the writer makes money by readers buying their book..  the readership is effected adversely or positively by those who manipulate public opinion.  don't tell me there won't be magazines and other such methods to sway public opinion in abundance paradigm? .  afterall, they would be doing what they want *et.al, writing critical reviews*  will this just turn into a moneyless version of what we already have, complete with pecking order and people who are adept at swaying public opinion and a bunch of people doing nothing while everyone else works?  i mean currently all they'd have to do to negatively impact a book's sales is to say it is christian, democratic, republican, jewish or muslim.   well that is, unless the book was an opportunity to witness one of those people behaving badly. lol 

JOIN THE GAME!

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »
i guess i did!

Go on then Primus... tell her what I said.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »

ok I guess he is not around.

Here is what I said -

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=2567.msg36084#msg36084

...I think Zecheria Sitchin did an excellent job in one of his later books displaying a collection of scriptures that clearly indicated that when various people were speaking to the Lord, they were speaking to a real being, not some disembodied voice.

Also the giants in the early times that took human wives have me very interested in what was going on there, the who what where how and why of it all.

undo11 is extremely well versed in all these subjects and I find all her posts fascinating and educational. She is one of the most devout and at the same time open minded Christians I know of. She is open to and interested in any information related to this and sorts it all in to some great theories, and is ok with not having all the answers yet.

I wish more researchers (of any subject) were ok with not having all the answers, and not get in a big rush and choose some half- baked explanation and run with it.

Anyway... Back to what I think, I think there is much more than meets the eye to all religion.

As petrus mentioned, it is ok to look for other perspectives on what you already know, you will either discard them or look further, depending on the merit you find in them.

My best suggestion would be to read some of Zecheria Sitchin's work, and to keep an eye on what undo has to say, lot of education and experience goes into her posts and she manages to even point out where Zecheria misses the mark on occasions.

At this point I suspect the Bible may be a chapter in a bigger story. 

Cheers

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
thanks A51! what a nice compliment!

what do you think of the abundance paradigm?  it sounds great on paper but will it work?
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 08:20:47 am »
it already works this way. the writer makes money by readers buying their book..  the readership is effected adversely or positively by those who manipulate public opinion.  don't tell me there won't be magazines and other such methods to sway public opinion in abundance paradigm? .  afterall, they would be doing what they want *et.al, writing critical reviews*  will this just turn into a moneyless version of what we already have, complete with pecking order and people who are adept at swaying public opinion and a bunch of people doing nothing while everyone else works?  i mean currently all they'd have to do to negatively impact a book's sales is to say it is christian, democratic, republican, jewish or muslim.   well that is, unless the book was an opportunity to witness one of those people behaving badly. lol

No.  It does NOT work that way now.  Now, an author must be run through the gauntlet of editors and publishers.  Then MAYBE Their book will be published.  And maybe promoted.  And then maybe They will make money to live on.  Authors write to make money (and maybe edify and entertain as well) as a primary motive for the most part.

In the abundance paradigm, there is no monetary motivation, so written works will be strictly for edification and entertainment and social status.  All works will be available.  No One will need to write to put food on the table.  The initial judging will be the readers and not Others that decide whether the book will be published so that readers can read.  There will not be suppression - refusal to publish because content is disruptive...

Even if You consider Self-publishing... If One has no money to get THAT going, the writings will languish in today's world.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »
[youtube]Fw-MFeR8Frw[/youtube]
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:52 pm »
No.  It does NOT work that way now.  Now, an author must be run through the gauntlet of editors and publishers.  Then MAYBE Their book will be published.  And maybe promoted.  And then maybe They will make money to live on.  Authors write to make money (and maybe edify and entertain as well) as a primary motive for the most part.

In the abundance paradigm, there is no monetary motivation, so written works will be strictly for edification and entertainment and social status.  All works will be available.  No One will need to write to put food on the table.  The initial judging will be the readers and not Others that decide whether the book will be published so that readers can read.  There will not be suppression - refusal to publish because content is disruptive...

Even if You consider Self-publishing... If One has no money to get THAT going, the writings will languish in today's world.

but people that want their book promoted by the paradigm critics will still be forced by the people who want to be paradigm editors.  see, everyone is doing what they want to in the paradigm.   to tell a perfectly legit career field like book editors, that they are out of job so sorry get a different one, wouldn't work in the paradigm would it?  imagine how many jobs you would have to axe just to force the world to behave the way you want them to
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 06:11:18 pm »
but people that want their book promoted by the paradigm critics will still be forced by the people who want to be paradigm editors.  see, everyone is doing what they want to in the paradigm.   to tell a perfectly legit career field like book editors, that they are out of job so sorry get a different one, wouldn't work in the paradigm would it?  imagine how many jobs you would have to axe just to force the world to behave the way you want them to

Let's consider editors...  Today, many are editors NOT because They LOVE to edit, but because it puts food on the table.  In abundance, those People will be doing something else with Their time.  Those who LOVE to edit will be honored to be asked to edit works, and do as much as They want to of editing.  And writers WILL want editors often enough, I am sure, to keep Those who LOVE to edit busy.  When books are "spotlighted," when they become popular, the editors will earn social currency.

No One is being forced to to behave any way They don't want to as long as Their behavior does not break the three Laws.

Oh, and there will be no "careers..."  Just People choosing to pursue Their bliss.

EDIT to add:  Critics...  They will be any and all who both read the work and want to speak out about the quality.  They will be most anybody at one time or another.  Some will gain reputations as good critics, and Others will take Their advice to heart, reporting on how good the advice was, and those critics will gain social currency.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:16:19 pm by Amaterasu »

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 06:18:31 pm »
ama

i really do love the idea but it's just not going to work.  people who want to do something that ruins that vision in anyway, such as wanting to continue doing what they know how to do, such as editing texts, or prostitution, drug dealing, writing religious books or books that are subversive in some way, it would require such a high level of micromanagement of everyone's paradigm that people would feel oppressed in the midst of their free stuff.
JOIN THE GAME!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter