collapse

Author Topic: Award Winning Manga to be Freely Used, Author Will Not Request Royalties  (Read 31722 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Award Winning Manga to be Freely Used, Author Will Not Request Royalties
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 06:34:10 pm »
particularly after they find out i'm a christian.   lol

Well stop telling them :P

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 06:36:25 pm »
There are interim solutions, Zorgon.  We're already seeing community gardens developing all over America and other countries; I've read about possible vertical farm initiatives, as well.  These are scenarios in which people can contribute to the process of growing food for everyone in a given community, including themselves, and can thus be employed in that process.

[youtube]jV9CCxdkOng[/youtube]

i think the aquaponics are a great idea.  but um, yeah i can see big farming corps giving up all their years of dedication and hard work, and their family businesses, can't you? 
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »
Well stop telling them :P

lol!   too logical. lol  if i can't express who i am, i'm not free.  this either has to be resolved by agreeing to disagree and still be friends,  or admitting that you feel you should be able to do the thinking for me.  and since i'm still perfectly capable of thinking for myself, that's not an option. :D
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 06:45:00 pm »
This is a huge victory for that which is wrongfully called software piracy, and is a major milestone in the progress towards actualisation of the Abundance Paradigm.  We can hope that many other media producers will eventually follow the examples of pioneers such as this man; as the completely free and unrestricted circulation of information, is something that is a necessity, if we wish to achieve an open source based, and truly transparent and accountable society.

Okay so I looked at the site you linked and you are jumping the gun here...
Seems you are quick to justify being a PIRATE :P

Sato is saying that he will not relinquish his copyright, but that he will not enforce it for an indefinite time.

What he is saying that a copyright should have a finite limit of time  just like a patent. This allows the creator to make his/her money THEN relinquish the rights.

In the patent world every time you want to renew a patent, the cost gets higher. The intent is that eventually that patent costs too much to be worth it and then the monopoly is broken

In THIS case he made his 10 MILLION already LOL

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »

Sato is saying that he will not relinquish his copyright, but that he will not enforce it for an indefinite time.

What he is saying that a copyright should have a finite limit of time  just like a patent. This allows the creator to make his/her money THEN relinquish the rights.

In the patent world every time you want to renew a patent, the cost gets higher. The intent is that eventually that patent costs too much to be worth it and then the monopoly is broken

In THIS case he made his 10 MILLION already LOL

he made it, and hes being nice and willing to share, but the everything must be free crowd believe this is a move in the right direction. so what we will end up with is only certain people will be allowed to be successful and everyone else will have to wait around for handouts. 

there aint no way the guys at the top are gonna let the general public be a success enmasse.  then their success would be meaningless and they couldn't convince people to kill each other anymore, etc.

if it happens it will be freakin' miracle
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:49:54 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »
you seemed to have missed the part where i said non-christians do the same thing, particularly after they find out i'm a christian.

Sure.  Christians don't have any monopoly on being pathological.  Absolutely none at all.  Most of the worst people I encounter online are strong atheists.

There is no inherent corrolation between a person's ideology and their degree of mental illness.  The atheists I've encountered can often be just as sick as many Christians; they simply are for different reasons. 

An atheist's sickness tends to be related to their nihilism.  Because they generally believe that literally nothing has inherent worth, it's very difficult for them to derive positive meaning from anything, including an overall purpose for being alive.  This generates more intense rage in them, than I've seen within people of virtually any other group.  The archetypical atheist is a truly incredibly miserable and rage filled human being.

i seem to recall you posting in another thread here that christians are this that and the other thing.  now just to give you some idea how that translates into problems for me, is that those thoughts are in your subconscious mind so when you and i have interactions, every time i do something even remotely irritating, i mean it could be something extremely minute, it will seem bigger than normal to you because you already don't appreciate my world view, even if my world view is not typical and perhaps less offensive to you (?).

I'm already aware of the fact that you are more intelligent than probably 90% of the rest of the people I typically encounter, irrespective of group or ideological affiliation.  You do exhibit some traces of psychopathology, of course.  Literally everybody in this day and age does, myself included, so that does not need to be considered an insult.  Yours seem to revolve primarily around a (relatively mild, admittedly) persecution complex relating to your faith, and an unfortunate degree of sympathy for your own gender, relative to mine.

Both of these issues are completely forgiveable, however, (and in fact are vanishingly minor, in the grand scheme of things) so I do not hold either of them against you.

The fact i resemble something in anyway, that you are already predisposed to despising, is going to interfer with your ability to just treat me like a person and a friend.

I suspect that your perception of my negative bias against Christianity, is actually doing more harm to your ability to perceive that I genuinely do value you as a human being, than it is to my own ability to recognise said worth in you.

Given what I have read about Jesus Christ, I will be sufficiently immodest as to suggest that he and I probably could have been very good friends, had we been alive simultaneously.  My rejection of the religion which bears his name, should not be interpreted as a rejection of the man himself.  Quite the opposite, in fact.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 06:51:19 pm »
lol!   too logical. lol  if i can't express who i am, i'm not free.

Well true to a point... but does EVERY situation require you to say "Oh by the way I am a christian"  :o

Back in the day Pagans wore that pentagram hidden from view because to announce themselves meant instant persecution and maybe death :P

A friend of mine is a Witch... no not a Wiccan but a Witch... not really he just pretends to be one  a wannabe :P but he put bumper stickers all over his car advertizing and wondered why he had issues :D

One does not need to advertize ones religion in normal day to day dealings with life :P

But if ya do, you have to suffer the consequences :P

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »
i think the aquaponics are a great idea.  but um, yeah i can see big farming corps giving up all their years of dedication and hard work, and their family businesses, can't you?

Yes, the psychopaths and the STS polarised members of the population are going to try and hold things back, undo.  Being counter-evolutionary is part of the definition of the STS/negative/entropic polarity.  We could almost say that the loyal opposition would be remiss in their own duties if they did not try to stop us.  That's their job.

Just because they try, however, does not necessarily mean that it immediately follows that they will succeed.  Money is not the only power in the universe.  If it was, then even these few examples I have given you would not have occurred.  I am sometimes surprised myself, to learn of the magnitude and strength of the collective resistance to corporate psychopathy, which currently exists.  Battle has been very much joined, I assure you; it is not for one moment a case of the Lizard Hearted doing whatever they want, and nobody else pushing back.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:43 pm »

Piracy is the corporate term for it.  I prefer to think of it as being somewhat less imbued with corporate mind control.  As far as I am concerned, "intellectual property," is both a morally and rationally illegitimate concept.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 06:58:43 pm »
everyone else will have to wait around for handouts.

Well heck... you can send my welfare checks to Las Vegas :D Then I can go get a nice car to be free to do what I really want to do :D

there aint no way the guys at the top are gonna let the general public be a success enmasse.  then their success would be meaningless and they couldn't convince people to kill each other anymore, etc.

Amy called it "Spotlight"  Here is what Spock has to say about it all

"..it all comes down to POWER"

[youtube]RXV5ciE8ucE[/youtube]

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »
Money is not the only power in the universe.

man you aren't kidding!

as far as the lizard hearted, well, i don't know but i tihnk somebody is just trying to make lizards look bad. lol  i mean what if they are a real, intergalactic race? and this kind of association of evil with lizards is just predisposing a large group of people to prejudicial thoughts so if they encounter them in the future, they will be willing to shoot them or something.   until we can prove, without any doubt, that there are real, significant issues with reptilians, i'm even leery of suggesting they are even as bad as us humans.   we only have people like david icke to look to on this topic.  i mean, afterall, yoda was a lizard  lol  (yeah i know he was just a fictional character, i'm just pointing out that the altnernative community can be manipulated just as easily as any other community, and who the heck knows at this point, what ETs or other sentient races might be like?  i sure don't. haven't met one yet.
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 07:14:42 pm »
As far as I am concerned, "intellectual property," is both a morally and rationally illegitimate concept.

So what have you produced that would give you what Amy calls "Spotlight"?

I have seen many websites around the net that copy AND TAKE FULL CREDIT for my hard work on the Naval Space Command. Now I could take action but seems little point.

It is frustrating though to have people come back and post "Hey so and so has this cool idea about Space Command... ever here about it"

Do you think THAT is right and justified?  I call that outright Piracy... I call that outright plagerism and I call that outright disrespectful. When one of those persons now writes a book and makes money off my work without even acknowledging me... do you consider that to be fair?

"As far as I am concerned, "intellectual property," is both a morally and rationally illegitimate concept."

Yup I guess you do :P Sorry I disagree with you... they have just STOLEN my "Spotlight and I will make sure they are CURSED

And one problem with the "Do as you will" concept. Well TWO really...

The first is those that profess such a plan usually get annoyed when people don't want to follow or listen to it. Back in the "Hippy" days it was "Do your own thing" but if "your own thing" didn't happen to fit their pattern you were called "the man" or worse.

If your going to promote "Do as you wish" then you have to allow EVERYONE to do as they wish... and not complain when their thing is not your thing :P

The other is this... Crowley said "do as you will shall be the whole of the law"

Well that was corrupted from the original...

"That it harm none, do as thou wilt" or "Do what you will, so long as it harms none"

This same principle applies to freedom of speech... you have the right to say what you wish SO LONG AS IT HARMS NO ONE.  This is something most people overlook :P

You can't have it both ways. You cannot say "Everyone is free do do as they wish" without having that "Do no harm" clause. Otherwise you only have anarchy and chaos

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 07:17:14 pm »
I'm already aware of the fact that you are more intelligent than probably 90% of the rest of the people I typically encounter,

*jaw hits floor*

nobody has ever told me that before and i'm nearly 55 years old.
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 07:19:09 pm »
i'm nearly 55 years old.

55? LOL Spring Chicken yet :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 07:25:03 pm »
as far as the lizard hearted, well, i don't know but i tihnk somebody is just trying to make lizards look bad. lol  i mean what if they are a real, intergalactic race?

Been saying that all along :P

And don't forget LIZARDS were the dominate life form on this planet for over 400 million years... think about it... the entire existence of man a mere drop in the bucket

Unless that Christian part of you has issues with accepting the long life span of Dinos :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter