collapse

Author Topic: Economy  (Read 6385 times)

Offline 7redorbs

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 16
Economy
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:11 pm »
For my friend Amaterasu, and for my people.

The Economy

Anything that is worth a lot of money in this world is scarce. The petroleum from fossil fuels is widely used, and so it is scarce. Scarce things cost people a lot of money and they pay it to that certain persons who have it to sell. If the man that had the fossil oil knew that it was more common and less scarce then he would expect to be able to sell it for less, or risk being undercut by one of his competitors.  I have watched people and I have noticed that they do not stop for others. So it is fair to say that no seller would let their competitor undercut their fuel sales any more than any buyer of their fuel would allow themselves to pay for something that is common. It is also true to say that if something is common any good minded selling competitor would want to compete with a high price. This is why the universal rule applies. What is worth anything to anyone is worth the same to anyone else.

For this reason the Economies and business profit has no bearing on anything but scarcity. What is worth selling has to be worthwhile to someone or it is no good for anyone. If the seller doesn’t have something scarce to sell then he will not last any longer than the customers would let them. This is because the universal rule is that people tend to care for themselves first. So the seller naturally cares for themselves more than the buyer, and the buyer more himself than the seller.

This means that the seller and buyer will have a different idea of what is best, but the seller will always want the buyer to think that what is best for the seller is also best for their buyer. As I have said it is obvious that the companies want the customer to think their way and the buyer wants the seller to think their way. Whilst the seller can’t make the buyer pay for something that is not scarce, they can convince the customer it is, or that the best thing for the customer is the same thing as for the company. This means that the seller has an advantage over the buyer, because the buyer is more influencable, has needs and will purchase if he believes it is the best one. As I have said it can never be right. People look after themselves first, and so sellers and buyers, they are rightly skeptical of anything other than their profit. The profit of the buyer is getting more than they thought they deserved, and the profit for the seller is convincing the buyer that they did. As you can see in this game fairness is a token expected but less than often respected.

If a big maker & seller create a good device for their buyers, in Economy it can be their destruction. If the inventive device is too good then there is not much of a business, and there is not much to sell after everyone has one. The kinds of men that value profit have this instinct, and so they are the ones that survive in economy, this in Economy is making them good businessmen and women but it does not make them good or their customers happy.

If men were more focused on what was good then they would not be as interested in money and instruments, they would be poor businessmen too. There is no money in the best of things, the silent genius paves cities and telegraph systems, creates power systems and batteries, and then there is Xboxes. So you can see the devices and instruments may be great fun and of considered great worth now, but it was not them that made them worth what they are, it was the silent genius. So it is always important to know you are always lagging behind the best devices if you ignore the silent genius.

This is something I want to share from my book as it has a special meaning to Amaterasu, and also it is too important an concept to fail to understand. I want to include it freely here, for one reason. IF the electron does not exist and there is ways to create a perpetual power, then the aforementioned text explains clearly what the consequences of this would be in Economy,

Simply stated for the layman there is no Economy without scarcity, and that is why abundance was a good word for my good friend Amaterasu to choose in her thesis on this important matter.

I bid you all a pleasant day,

Best,
A
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:20:06 pm by 7redorbs »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Economy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:19:39 pm »
There is an abundance of petroleum on this planet... more than enough for everyone to use cheaply... Mother nature provides it free of charge.

However that petroleum must be...

a) recovered from the ground  - a really messy dangerous job
b) transported to a refinery
c) refined into useful energy fuels - highly toxic work
d) transported to dispensers...

It is these things that are scarce and what you pay for :D

Hydro electric power... Water flowing downhill from gravity has potential energy. This is free energy provided by Mother Nature...

However that potential energy must be:

a) converted to kinetic energy via a waterwheel or turbine (a water wheel in a box :P )
b) the turbine must in turn spin a magnet in a copper coil to free electrons
c) this power must be converted to allow transport over long distances
d) this power must be reconverted to useful form to plug house into

It is these things that are scarce and what you pay for :D

Solar Power is free from Mother Nature... and so on.

It is one thing to say "Free Energy will Free the World"  but its another thing to implement a practical plan to use that energy. And who will build the devices to make it happen? Very few people I know will work for free :D

Offline 7redorbs

• Gold 16
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »
I am glad I posted this here before publishing my book. Zorgon when I say scarce, it is probably best I mention I mean not infinite.

For instance an atom spins around infinitely so there is nothing scarce about that. I think I will also add "If the wind mill spun as fast as the atom then the price of electricity could be very cheap. Since cheapness is based on the ease of creation, and so if it was easy to create electricity freely, then it is not scarce anymore, and that is why the economy works this way."

I appreciate this feedback, since it is dearly important to me that I am specific and convey accurately what I mean,. It's important to note I am only talking about economy in this passage. The practicalities of infinitely abundant and easily usable energy exists regardless to the operation and the effects of it upon economy. I am sure you would agree. It is important to understand how the economy has value, and how the value is determined first. Then look you can look at how any theoretical device can change that value, for instance if the electrons didn't exist and perpetual power was abstractable from the atom then Economy would be deprecated and space travel would be an inexpensive virtue afforded to everyone who is still using the horse and car. It's important to establish though I wasn't talking about free energy yet.

Whilst I have presented my work in a carefully simple way there is a complex terminology that is being attempted to be conveyed and I hope that this shows,

Best,
A
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:50:57 pm by 7redorbs »

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 05:52:52 pm »
There is an abundance of petroleum on this planet... more than enough for everyone to use cheaply... Mother nature provides it free of charge.
hmmmmmmmmmmm....... Amicus, it ain't about abundance, it's about conditions of oil deposit http://www.spe.org/jpt/print/archives/2011/10/19TTS.pdf  frankly, Mother - Nature provides Nothing 4 free :)
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:40:43 pm »
For instance an atom spins around infinitely so there is nothing scarce about that. I think I will also add "If the wind mill spun as fast as the atom then the price of electricity could be very cheap. Since cheapness is based on the ease of creation, and so if it was easy to create electricity freely, then it is not scarce anymore, and that is why the economy works this way."

What about the part of the story where the atom sued the windmill for copyright infringement and finacially ruined it?
You forgot one important piece of the puzzle here. Theres a duality to the scarcity one based on supply and demand and the other the legal authority to market your product.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:44:58 pm by Ellirium113 »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »
frankly, Mother - Nature provides Nothing 4 free :)

The word 'FREE' is sadly abused...

My tree provides me 'free' energy in the form of firewood...  so I can heat my house (wood stove with water pot as humidifier; add ambiance in the fireplace and cook food on the built in indoor grill attached to the fireplace)

However the tree needs water to grow While it does have deep roots into the water table, I still need to spend money to water the garden because we have had little rainfall in many years

I also have to pay with WORK to cut those trees and stack that wood...

So yeah NOTHING is 'free'

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:41:37 am »
The word 'FREE' is sadly abused...

My tree provides me 'free' energy in the form of firewood...  so I can heat my house (wood stove with water pot as humidifier; add ambiance in the fireplace and cook food on the built in indoor grill attached to the fireplace)

However the tree needs water to grow While it does have deep roots into the water table, I still need to spend money to water the garden because we have had little rainfall in many years

I also have to pay with WORK to cut those trees and stack that wood...

So yeah NOTHING is 'free'
Yep, Amicus, exactly what i'w talking about!  ;D
Quote from: russian proverb
free cheese always been only in a trap
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:47:04 pm »
This is something I want to share from my book as it has a special meaning to Amaterasu, and also it is too important an concept to fail to understand.

Not just to her, my friend.  Amaterasu has been much, much more vocal about it than I have...and my research has taken me in different directions to hers...but I also wait for the dawn.

The Pleiadian Equal Value System; a potential model for something very similar to what Amaterasu proposes, or Jacques Fresco's Resource-Based Economy.  It has parallels with the Hindu concept of Karma Yoga.

A Healed Planet

Another Possibility - My own, somewhat different version of something similar to Amaterasu's Abundance Paradigm.

Autonomy: Freedom of Thought - The writing of another dreamer.

The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity - Dr Peter Lindemann's explanation of Tesla's discovery of the aether, and his resulting impulse power generation, which was apparently also replicated by Edwin Gray in the 1970s.

Amaterasu and I carry a dream in our hearts the likes of which, is not held by too many others, that I know of.  But there are a few; and we can only have faith that, in time, we few will be enough.  It's like trying to light a fire; you keep striking the match over and over again, and the paper smoulders, but you know that, eventually, it will catch.

[youtube]WVXGC896Jdw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:50:38 pm by petrus4 »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »
"Be excellent to each other"
Classic.
 8)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 01:18:10 pm »
Just a quick pop in to let You all know I have not abandoned ship.  I moved and between a number of headaches, house-sitting where there was no interweb, and waiting to get interweb where I am now, I have not had the chance to get on.  I'm on a public computer with limited time at the moment.

When I am hooked up at home, I will discuss this more thoroughly with each of You - and thank You, 7Red, for starting this!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 01:22:18 pm »
Just a quick pop in to let You all know I have not abandoned ship.  I moved and between a number of headaches, house-sitting where there was no interweb, and waiting to get interweb where I am now, I have not had the chance to get on.  I'm on a public computer with limited time at the moment.

When I am hooked up at home, I will discuss this more thoroughly with each of You - and thank You, 7Red, for starting this!

We miss you Amy!!! Be well and hugs aplenty!
Dave
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56