collapse

Author Topic: NASA Forgot How To Go To The Moon!  (Read 7513 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
NASA Forgot How To Go To The Moon!
« on: November 04, 2011, 09:47:32 pm »
NASA Forgot How To Go To The Moon!

Found this today{2-6-2008} and broke out laughing...

With all the renewed talk about "Did they go to the Moon" this is quite timely

Seems they forgot how they got to the moon... You would think they had the notes somewhere but Nope... they don't..

Just like they lost the Moon tapes...

The Saga Of the Lost Space Tapes
NASA Is Stumped in Search For Videos of 1969 Moonwalk

...it seems they don't have the plans on how they built the moon ships... and no one is left working for NASA that remembers how they did it...

so they are REVERSE ENGINEERING Saturn V parts and scrounging in space junk yards to relearn how to do it...

With all the Shuttle delays and accidents... now they tell us they have to figure out how to get back to the Moon

You have just GOT to see this...
NASA scientists going to junkyards to find parts to figure out how to do it
This is the best film I have seen for a long time... its got to be a classic

Wired TV PBS Release - SPACE JUNKYARD
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:52:25 pm by zorgon »

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
  • A fantastic journey begins with curiosity
Re: NASA Forgot How To Go To The Moon!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:13:55 am »
That was an interesting revelation.  It is sad that nothing with regards to engineering is still around.  It becomes wasted time to have to reverse engineer something we have already accomplished.
From the past into the future any way I can...Educating...informing....guiding.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:33:29 am »
Geez, you think one of them would have called up their buddies at Starcraft Boosters for some R&D help?  ;D

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 01:54:53 pm »
i hella like nasa pictures  ;D ;D ;D now, they've adopted baby-musk to invent super cheap & reliable torpedos 4'em  8) but this one is purely magnificent
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVV0S9cNLKI [/youtube]
what a stuff they've smoked????:o
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:28:23 pm »
When they made reality up, they forgot to take in consideration they may have to prove it later on by continuation of the illusion. But they found that to extend the illusion was a little more than fooling people who had no clue as they ate it right up. So to make it tantilizingly digestable, some more foolish make believe reality had to be fed to the inquiring mind.

It was a grand illusion that made the day more exciting and believable to the unwashed. Apollo 13 had the mind held in stunning suspense. Perhaps 13 was a real attempt to reach the moon. Then again, maybe not. Since we will never see the moon landing locations with our own eyes as we fly near, but not over the now restricted zones of the moon, who knows.

Can you be sure it is what they tell you. I doubt the whole affair. They never returned with a publicly announced return. It stalled in 72 and nothing happened now for over 40 years. Unless they did in secret. But then you have to ask who are they.

Its easy to forget the illusion when it never happened as told by the story makers.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:57:02 am »
When it is claimed that they haven't been back because it's too expensive and there is nothing there I always roll my eyes.  I also believe that NASA can't afford it.  There are other possibilities though.

First of all the money has been around.
[youtube]3kpWqdPMjmo[/youtube]

This is what ONE trillion looks like!
[youtube]WBxWdD9YKdY[/youtube]

Then there is the official black budget.  There is plenty more than that of course but I won't go into that here.

Dolan talks about it in this interview.  See 16:25
[youtube]GAFeah-FvUY[/youtube]

So it's the military and black projects that ave the cash.  To them it is easily affordable to fund a lunar project.

Why do people climb Mount Everest?  Because they can.  Only they don't do it in secret.

Over to John and Zorgon.  Have they been going to the Moon (rhetorical question) and if so why are they doing it in secret? ;)

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:52 am »
This thread is full of Gold, great humour and more great humour.  ;D

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 03:05:18 pm »
I reckon they met the clangers and are scared to return??

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 03:52:23 pm »
and if so why are they doing it in secret? ;)

Well one reason is this...

On the mining-thing.  I can only state that in the broadest of senses mining operations have taken place on the lunar surface and are presently being conducted on Mars.  Although the use of terminology, 'mining' has been downplayed (by NASA) and there exists an 'internal memo' <in NASA that 'recommends' non-reference to the terms, 'mining, micro-mining'>  Use of terminology, e.g., 'mining', could be considered (by some countries) to constitute a violation of the International Space Treaty.  Thus, NASA is real-careful about use of terminology that could be considered a breach of 'Policy and Protocol'.  I can give you this stuff as it's 'public information'.  You have to look between the spaces/lines for more info and draw your own conclusions.

Email clip from a NASA contractor ;)

Offline johnlear

• Inner Circle - John's Den
  • Gold 32
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »
When it is claimed that they haven't been back because it's too expensive and there is nothing there I always roll my eyes.  I also believe that NASA can't afford it.  There are other possibilities though.

First of all the money has been around.
[youtube]3kpWqdPMjmo[/youtube]

This is what ONE trillion looks like!
[youtube]WBxWdD9YKdY[/youtube]

Then there is the official black budget.  There is plenty more than that of course but I won't go into that here.

Dolan talks about it in this interview.  See 16:25
[youtube]GAFeah-FvUY[/youtube]

So it's the military and black projects that ave the cash.  To them it is easily affordable to fund a lunar project.

Why do people climb Mount Everest?  Because they can.  Only they don't do it in secret.

Over to John and Zorgon.  Have they been going to the Moon (rhetorical question) and if so why are they doing it in secret? ;)

We 'went to the moon' because we needed the money for the orbiting weaponized satellites that were placed into orbit starting in 1969 Project Aquilla. We faked the mission because (1) we couldn't get through the Van Allen belt and (2) because we needed the actual money for the secret space program. Nobody is going to the money except by invitation by the people who live there. They take thousands a years for week long visits. scientists, educators, businesmen, private citizens just to show what is up there. People are most impressed by the gigantic malls they have which are 10 times larger than ours with unbelievable things to sell.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:39 pm »
Heh...here is a conundrum for you.... how do they accomplish this if they can't get through the Van Allen belt & the moon is a big radioactive dust ball?  :P Who got to find out the hard way it was radioactive?

Moon Poses Radiation Risk to Future Travelers

Rather than blocking cosmic rays, the moon itself is a powerful source of radiation, measurements show..By Irene Klotz

Thu Dec 17, 2009 04:04 AM ET

Astronaut Edwin E 'Buzz' Aldrin Jr. walks on the surface of the moon. Future lunar travelers face a radiation dose 30 percent to 40 percent higher than originally expected from radioactive lunar soil.
NASA/Neil Armstrong

Future lunar explorers counting on the moon to shield themselves from galactic cosmic rays might want to think about Plan B.

In a surprising discovery, scientists have found that the moon itself is a source of potentially deadly radiation.

Measurements taken by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter show that the number of high energy particles streaming in from space did not tail off closer to the moon's surface, as would be expected with the body of the moon blocking half the sky.

Rather, the cosmic rays created a secondary -- and potentially more dangerous -- shower by blasting particles in the lunar soil which then become radioactive.
"The moon is a source of radiation," said Boston University researcher Harlan Spence, the lead scientist for LRO's cosmic ray telescope. "This was a bit unexpected."

While the moon blocks galactic cosmic rays to some extent, the hazards posed by the secondary radiation showers counter the shielding effects, Spence said at a press conference at the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco this week.

Overall, future lunar travelers face a radiation dose 30 percent to 40 percent higher than originally expected, Spence said.

Galactic cosmic rays, believed to be caused by supernova explosions, are fast-moving electrically charged electrons and atomic nuclei. They are found throughout the solar system, though their numbers are particularly high at the present time due to an unusually quiet period of solar activity.

The lack of solar magnetic fields and reduced solar wind pressure means cosmic rays have been able to more easily penetrate the inner solar system.

"We are in a period when the radiation risks are elevated, but still tolerable," Spence said, adding that the levels were about what an X-ray technician or uranium miner might normally experience in a year.

The sun cycles through periods of high and low magnetic activity about every 11 years. The next period of maximum activity, characterized by increasing number of sunspots and other disruptions of the sun's surface, is expected in 2013.

LRO found about twice as many of the highest energy cosmic rays -- those that could punch through the telescope itself -- as expected. NASA plans to use the information to design shelters and operating procedures for future human excursions to the moon.

LRO is about halfway through a one-year primary mission to scout for landing spots, find potential resources and characterize radiation and other hazards.

"The work being done in heliophysics areas is important to keeping astronauts safe," said Michael Wargo, who oversees NASA's lunar research programs. "One of the holy grails would be to be able to predict the sun's activities and give an 'all clear' on how many days astronauts could be on (spacewalks)."

http://news.discovery.com/space/moon-radiation-gamma-rays.html

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:02:45 pm by Ellirium113 »

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 06:41:06 pm »
Lets not dismiss all the radioactive moon dust on the moon taken of and put back on suits that get shaken off in the moonship close quarter habitat. Breath that in and you should come down with moon lung or some such stuff. The moonauts should have a cough upon return.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:42 pm »

Geologist-Astronaut Harrison Schmitt, Apollo 17 lunar module pilot, uses an adjustable sampling scoop to retrieve lunar samples during the second extravehicular activity (EVA-2), at Station 5 at the Taurus- Littrow landing site. The cohesive nature of the lunar soil is born out by the "dirty" appearance of Schmitt's space suit. Credit: NASA

"For instance, the simple large-tolerance mechanical devices on the Rover began to show the effect of dust as the EVAs [Extravehicular Activities or moonwalks] went on. By the middle or the end of the third EVA, simple things like bag locks and the lock which held the pallet on the Rover began not only to malfunction but to not function at all. They effectively froze. We tried to dust them and bang the dust off and clean them, and there was just no way. The effect of dust on mirrors, cameras, and checklists is phenomenal. You have to live with it but you're continually fighting the dust problem both outside and inside the spacecraft. Once you get inside the spacecraft, as much as you dust yourself, you start taking off the suits and you have dust on your hands and your face and you're walking in it. You can be as careful in cleaning up as you want to, but it just sort of inhabits every nook and cranny in the spacecraft and every pore in your skin…I didn't feel any aerosol dust problem at all until after rendezvous and docking when I took off my helmet in zero-g and we had the lunar module cabin fan running the whole time. I did all the transfer with my helmet and gloves off, and I'm sorry I did because the dust really began to bother me. It bothered my eyes, it bothered my throat, and I was tasting it and eating it and I really could feel it working back and forth between the tunnel and the LM [Lunar Module]."
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/lro_environment.html

MMMM Chock full of vitamin R  :P I wonder how many astronauts developed health complications from going to the moon?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:28:32 pm by Ellirium113 »

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:15 pm »
Seems funny!
We forgot how to go to  the moon! We can't build the marvelous contraptions we made back then! Huh?
They will have to dig up Von Braun and his SS Comrades and get them to build another one.

Also, what about all the Space hardened equipment they need for the Mission Computers and Navigation Equipment? Have they forgotten how to build them too?
Sorry to say, but transistors, valves and even chips, just don't cut it in the radiation rich environment of space.
How many of you have heard of the wonderful technology that made up the Analog Computer in the Lunar Lander?
If any of you have heard of Magnetic Amplifiers then NASA needs you. :o
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:47 pm »
Seems funny!
We forgot how to go to  the moon! We can't build the marvelous contraptions we made back then! Huh?

Well here is the latest attempt

Can someone tell me WTF that CHAIR is doing their? Is that the pilot seat? :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]