collapse

Author Topic: Riots in Ferguson, Missouri  (Read 18270 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Riots in Ferguson, Missouri
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:16:57 am »
Why There’s A No-Fly Zone Over Ferguson, Missouri

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/08/12/3470567/why-theres-a-no-fly-zone-over-ferguson-missouri/

Although it's true that perhaps I was just being negative earlier, unfortunately it appears that reality agrees with me.  For those of you who don't know, the current mess in Ferguson, Missouri is a result of a young unarmed black man who was shot dead by police, after he was apparently already lying on the ground, unarmed, with his hands behind his head.  There have been protests and rioting, with the police using teargas.  There have also been calls from the crowd to, "kill the police."

America's police are starting to genuinely get out of control.  As Thor can relay if he likes, a video from Anonymous has been released on this subject, in which Anon are demanding new federal standards for police conduct, including guidelines on how they will be punished if said standards are violated.  From my perspective, that is clearly something that the country needs.

In related news, the state of Indiana has passed a law allowing citizens to defend themselves if their homes are wrongfully invaded by police.  Given how dangerous American police are apparently becoming, this is possibly also a justifiable political response.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
Re: Riots in Ferguson, Missouri
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:18:41 am »
I know Jesus said turn the other cheek - but those pigs have names and addresses....
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:29 am »
I know Jesus said turn the other cheek - but those pigs have names and addresses....

Carefully, Sinny.  We never know when there might be a friendly neighbourhood member of the NSA sitting in the audience.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:01:57 am »
Carefully, Sinny.  We never know when there might be a friendly neighbourhood member of the NSA sitting in the audience.

I'd be a fool to think I'm not already tracked and monitored - I'd be surprised if the TSA didn't pay me a visit on route to the states aha.
I might as well pledge my face to my freedom of speech.

deuem

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 04:45:05 am »
Interesting way to keep the news chopters out of the line of sight. A new tatic I've never heard of. I wonder if they would shot one down if they went within the area.

If the police man really shot dead a man on the ground with his hands behind his head then it would be considered blue murder. Why would they do that? They have him down? I need more info for a reality check. What else happened and is it 100% as told.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:53:28 am »
Man, it seems there is a need for some tough love here...thought I was gone, but as a man who cares, I cannot sit by and watch hate and disjointed opinion foul this once great forum.

One trigger happy moron in fear or embarrassment does not an entire profession make.

Saying all cops are guilty, because one cop might be guilty in an outpouring of pre investigation blamery, is like saying all plumbers are pedophiles, because one happened to bend over too far and showed his butt to a kid in the house at the time.

It's a shame no doubt, whatever happened.

The rhetoric of paranoid dark room non-discipline will not soil Pegasus' true member's hearts and minds, no matter how hard one tries to strike hate, fear, and intolerance into their daily lives.

All encompassing statements show an inner failure to address reason and reality, please, wait until the solid facts are out, and the buildings stop burning.

Then discuss what transpired with love and compassion for truth and humanity and a heart for all those involved.

Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:45 am »
"Those who love peace must learn to organise as effectively as those who love war".

The Evil forces are already in control, there is no room for negotiation.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 11:13:31 am »
Dad gumming...can't stay away....

Adepts and masters have been telling us for millennia, Sinny, who is really in control...ourselves....evil cannot exist, if it is not manifested by those who seek to engender duality based mind sets.

Dig within yourself, and see, you have the tools, to make choices and set boundaries, we all need each other to be thoughtful and clearheaded in these times, and the seeming evil will be but a passing phase of theistic invention.

Inherent good awaits outside your door...will you let it in, or fight someone else's battle to keep it at bay, as has been going on since the golden age ceased?

Your heart will thank you. As will the universe..try it and see.

Le

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 02:50:09 pm »
America's police are starting to genuinely get out of control.

While I agree that some individuals are out of control and perhaps need a nice long vacation or psychotherapy. There has to be more to it. Has something shifted in policy perhaps?

Police Union Commissar: If You Resist, You Should Expect to Die

“We’ve heard a lot in the last number of weeks about what police officers can’t do, and what police officers shouldn’t do,” groused Patrick Lynch, designated spokesliar for the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, New York’s largest police union. “No one’s telling us what we are able to do, and what we should do, when we’re faced with a situation where the person being placed under arrest says, `I’m not going. I’m not being placed under arrest.’”

“What is it we should do?” continued Lynch, his voice colored by theatrical incredulity. “Walk away?”

If the would-be arrestee isn’t involved in an actual crime — that is, an act of aggression against another person — the only morally suitable answer is: Yes. The cop should shut up, go away, and refrain from molesting one of his betters. The experience might encourage him to find honest work.

“We don’t have that option,” Lynch insisted. “Nor would the public that called and complained about these crimes want us to. If they called, it’s important to them.”

In this fashion Lynch attempted to shift the blame for the killing of Eric Garner on merchants in the Staten Island neighborhood where the harmless man was killed through an act of criminal homicide by NYPD officers enforcing a demented “zero tolerance” policy regarding the sale of untaxed cigarettes. Lynch, who has spent his entire adult life as a member of the coercive caste, tried to depict Garner — a micro-entrepreneur — as a menace to the public, and a threat to commerce. Lynch appears to believe that the spectacle of police killing a harmless and unarmed man is less damaging to the local economy than allowing that man to sell loose cigarettes to willing customers.

Lynch resurrected the unproven claim that plainclothes officers had seen Garner commit an act of unsanctioned petty commerce, and that he resisted their efforts to abduct him on behalf of the state’s tax-consuming class. He carefully avoided mention of the fact that Garner, according to eyewitnesses, had broken up a fight while the officers, ever vigilant for economic “crimes,” refused to intervene.

“There is an attitude on our streets today that it is acceptable to resist arrest,” lamented Lynch. “That attitude is a direct result of a lack of respect for law enforcement.”

While it is the moral duty of every decent person to cultivate disrespect for law enforcement, that attitude is not to blame (if that’s the appropriate word) for the growing resistance to officially sanctioned abduction. That inclination is a direct reaction to the impudence, arrogance, and aggressiveness of police officers, their palpable contempt for the public they supposedly serve, their sense of tribal solidarity with officers who commit crimes against innocent people, and the institutional immunity they enjoy.

“The charge of resisting arrest is a very serious and dangerous one,” insisted Lynch. “The charge exists to encourage those being arrested to comply with the lawful orders of police officers so that those officers do not have to use necessary force to make that arrest.”

In other words: If you submit with proper docility to the commands issued by the slave patrol, they won’t have to beat or kill you.

Like most exponents of that view, Lynch assumes that any gust of verbal halitosis that escapes the wet hole at the bottom of a police officer’s face is a “lawful order.” For this reason he insists that resisting arrest “is a serious crime, and must be treated that way by all.”

In fact, resisting unlawful arrest — while considered an actual crime, and prosecuted as such — is an ancient, venerable, and indispensable right of free people. Under the still-valid Supreme Court precedent John Black Elk v. U.S. (1900), a citizen has a legally recognized right to use lethal force to prevent the consummation of an unlawful arrest.

Perhaps, somewhere in the reptilian recesses of what passes for Lynch’s mind, there is an awareness of that fact, and a rapidly coalescing fear of the prospect that the public will come to understand it, as well. This may be why he admonished PBA members to use “all the resources of the NYPD” when they are dealing with a member of the productive class who isn’t willing to endure the indignity and injury of a state-licensed abduction. In other words: Use any means necessary — including lethal force — to insure that resistance is futile.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/police-union-commissar-if-you-resist-you-should-expect-to-die/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylJOK3WCOc#t=35[/youtube]

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »
Saying all cops are guilty, because one cop might be guilty in an outpouring of pre investigation blamery, is like saying all plumbers are pedophiles, because one happened to bend over too far and showed his butt to a kid in the house at the time.

I'm not saying that all cops are guilty at all, Dave.  I am, however, saying that there does seem to be a systemic, institutional problem developing.

The issue is not that all cops are bad.  The issue is that whether good or bad, cops are being issued military ordinance, which is arguably a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, among other things.  The other and more important issue is the fact that, even though good cops do still exist in large numbers, the negative minority are not being adequately punished for their bad behaviour; and as a result of this, we're seeing them growing bolder, and doing worse things.

It may surprise you to know this, but for some time I've been a fan of the comic book character, Judge Dredd.  This is because I recognise the fact that, given the severity of the fictitious scenario that Dredd exists in, a man of his severity is merely proportional to his context.  The other issue is that while Dredd may seem fascist, within his context, he is genuinely honourable.  Although he is empowered to kill criminals, (and given what he tends to be confronted with, that is often unavoidable) if he has the opportunity, he will give them the option of a reduced sentence in exchange for a co-operative arrest.

So, no.  I do not instinctively hate police, and I am not inherently anti-authoritarian, either.  What I want is just authority.

We do not live in an environment like Mega-City One, which means that police are not justified in behaving like the Judges.  Statistically speaking, crime internationally is currently close to its' lowest recorded levels.  The irony is that even if we did have the Judge system, killing an unarmed, co-operative civilian in cold blood is a crime that would be very severely punished.  In other words, despite his apparent severity, Dredd is actually more principled and disciplined than at least some of the real cops that we have right now.

Given this, is it really so hateful and negative, to believe that we need reform?  We need a scenario where politicians are not able to view police forces as, (to quote Michael Bloomberg) "their own personal army."  At the recent gas fracking protest here in Bentley, near Nimbin, we had a squad of police in riot gear present until an actual court judge arrived on the scene, inspected the situation, and then later held a hearing at which said police presence was determined to be unlawful.

I want the police themselves, to respect the law.  I do not want them to have the attitude that said law is only for civilians, and not for themselves.  I also want them to stop viewing the civilian population as the enemy, to the extent that they do.  Most importantly, I want them to stop being used as an illegal and outrageous means of propping up unpopular governments, or preventing the civilian public from obtaining redress from corporate behaviour which directly threatens their livelihoods.

Give me this, and I will have no argument with police.  I have mentioned archangel Michael on these forums before.  The police are supposed to be an extension of his will and character, in physical space.  They are supposed to be his disciples.

He is the exemplar of how they are supposed to behave.

If they start behaving like that, then I will love them to the same degree that you yourself do.  My only grievance at the moment, is with the number of them who do not.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:11:27 pm by petrus4 »
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline jammer2012

• Regular Members
  • Gold 3
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 06:40:51 pm »

First off,let me start by saying that there is really no love lost with me as far as the boys in blue are concerned. However even I will admit that no,it's not EVERY officer. But you have to also admit that cases like this are becoming alarmingly all-too common. There are a lot of officers out there that  do better at breaking the law,than they do at enforcing it. And in my own personal experience they seem to be egotistical,power-tripping a**holes,to be honest. I have a close family member in law enforcement,but that still does not change my view in general of police.                                                                                                                                                               
Seems to me,it is no longer their job to protect and serve the community. Seems more like they are here to harass,intimidate,and subdue the populous. Just imagine how many cases don't make it to mainstream media,how many have had a 9mm in there face,how many have been cuffed and ruffed to just be released and thanking their lucky stars they were'nt booked on some BS charges. I mean come on, a NO FLY  ZONE = WAR ZONE at least in my mind it does. This is just another example of "them",and by "them" I don't just mean law enforcement,I mean your lawmakers proving to the American public that they can do WHATEVER they want.                                                                                                                                   
  I can't  be the only one that sees all this for what it really is. People are tired,angry and frustrated with law enforcement and law makers. And while I can't understand burning down your own community in anger,I can definitely understand their misplaced frustration. Sadly,I have a feeling we will probably see much more of this in the future.                                                                                                                               
I Would Rather Die On My Feet then Live On My Knees

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 02:59:39 am »
I find it worrying that all over the mainstream TV in the UK the Police can been seen acting illegally in almost every instance, and this is braodcast to the massess as if to say "This is how it is, no if's or butts".

In Soap Opera's we have the Police simply walking up to people and shoving them in cars, with no rights read.
In our reality 'Cop' shows, which follow the police around we can see Police illegally stopping and searching and demanding details like the Nazi's Gestepo ..  all of this is glorified as 'their rights'.

They are trained from 'the off' not to trust us, maybe it's about time we didn't trust them

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 05:38:27 am »
Protesters are bringing it upon themselves.  Bunch of idiots.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Shooting-protests-turn-violent-in-St-Louis-suburb-271183131.html

Wednesday saw more tense confrontations and further volleys of tear gas — this time paired with police smoke bombs in response to Molotov cocktails and other objects lobbed from the crowd.

If you're trying to injure or kill a LEO, you're going to get injured or killed.  Rocket science.

http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/news/multimedia/a-fifth-night-of-tear-gas-in-ferguson/collection_393659cd-99cf-50c6-a30b-a7b454f36125.html#9

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:44:42 am by WarToad »
Time is the fire in which we burn.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 05:53:16 am »
Protesters are bringing it upon themselves.  Bunch of idiots.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Shooting-protests-turn-violent-in-St-Louis-suburb-271183131.html

If you're trying to injure or kill a LEO, you're going to get injured or killed.  Rocket science.

http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/news/multimedia/a-fifth-night-of-tear-gas-in-ferguson/collection_393659cd-99cf-50c6-a30b-a7b454f36125.html#9

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Finally, a voice of reason, not tainted by extreme darkroom paranoia...and rampant assumptions and uninformed rhetoric.

Gold for you Wartoad.

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 05:59:28 am »
Finally, a voice of reason, not tainted by extreme darkroom paranoia...and rampant assumptions and uninformed rhetoric.

Gold for you Wartoad.

I don't think your qualified to be calling anyone paranoid, or uninformed - which are your OWN assumptions.

Who wants a riot?
See who came DRESSED for one.

Images from Ferguson.

"We come armed with pickets!"

"Yea well, we come armed like the Third Reich!"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:19:36 am by Sinny »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts