collapse

Author Topic: Fed Showdown In Nevada Over Desert Tortoise  (Read 45071 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Fed Showdown In Nevada Over Desert Tortoise
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »
What’s more, they have declared a zone around the area to be free of the restrictions of the Constitution, specifically, the First Amendment right to assemble and speak freely.

Yeah they creates THIS area to protest in

Seems that battle has been won :D

"Before the federal roundup of Bundy’s livestock began, the BLM set up two orange plastic pens as rallying points for demonstrators wanting to protest the ongoing operation on federal land 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The move drew criticism from elected leaders and others. In a statement Tuesday, Gov. Brian Sandoval said the First Amendment areas were “offensive” and called on the agency to remove them.

During a conference call with reporters Thursday afternoon, Amy Lueders, state director for the BLM in Nevada, said the agency heard the governor’s concerns and “made some adjustments” to address them.

“We are allowing people to congregate on public land as long as they don’t inhibit the operation,” she said."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/bundy-vs-blm-interest-cattle-dispute-widens

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 05:52:42 pm »

20 Cowboys Break Fed Blockade in Nevada, Retrieve Cattle

Infowars.com
April 10, 2014

On Wednesday several of supporters were assaulted by Bureau of Land Management agents.

Ammon Bundy, the son of besieged Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, told Infowars reporter David Knight today around 20 cowboys went on land claimed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and retrieved cattle.

“We gathered about 30 head,” said Bundy. “We did have a small confrontation with them, but they didn’t have the forces to do a whole lot. They couldn’t mobilize fast enough and we were able to gather those cattle and get them to the ranch.”

Cliven Bundy and his family are currently engaged in a standoff with the BLM over a long standing refusal to acknowledge a 1993 modification to grazing rights on land that Bundy asserts has been in his family since 1870. On Saturday, hundreds of federal officials, aided by helicopters, low flying aircraft and hired cowboys, began rounding up Bundy’s cattle in northeastern Clark County.

Bundy’s dispute with the feds escalated yesterday when several of his supporters were assaulted by BLM officials.

The BLM is currently rounding up Bundy’s cattle in order to enforce a regulation in order to protect an endangered desert tortoise after 600,000 acres of public land was reclassified as federal property.

During that confrontation, Ammon Bundy, was tasered. His sister, a cancer victim, and a pregnant woman were assaulted by BLM agents.

Cliven Bundy’s sister, Margaret Houston, was also thrown to the ground by a BLM agent.

“I have 11 children, I’m 57 years old and they threw me to the dirt….I was just taking pictures, I just said get out of here,” said Houston, a recovering cancer victim, later telling a news station that she was also hit by a vehicle.

Asserting he was prepared to die for his land, another Bundy family relative stated, “I just saw federal agents throw my aunt on the ground, I saw my cousin get tased three times, I saw them pull dogs and sick it on a pregnant woman….I got hit by multiple vehicles because I wanted a couple of questions….this is America and they are the aggressors, we are not the aggressors.”

Protesters chanted “no BLM” as the standoff came to an end. BLM agents began to leave while being yelled at to “get out of here!”

Ammon told Knight and Infowars state representatives will address demonstrators later today.

The feds have rounded up 352 of Bundy’s animals so far. Armed militia groups are now heading to the area to express support for Bundy while making assurances that they only intend to document the situation and have no interest in sparking violence.

The Bundy family is currently under constant surveillance by around 200 armed federal agents in a military compound near the ranch. Authorities are enforcing a law that forbids grazing rights on federal land under the justification of protecting an endangered desert tortoise.

Bundy and his supporters insist that the spat has nothing to do with unpaid grazing fees or tortoises and everything to do with an out of control big government asserting its power over patriotic Americans.

[youtube]1mKKQUZ5_us[/youtube]

Published on Apr 9, 2014
On this Wednesday April 9 edition of the Alex Jones Show, Alex covers the latest developments on the federal government's persecution of a rancher over grazing rights in Nevada. The rancher, Cliven Bundy, will talk with Alex on today's worldwide broadcast.

Bundy's refusal to recognize federal authority over the land under dispute and his failure to pay tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees stems from his assertion that his family's history trumps Byzantine government bureaucracy. Alex also covers Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval's criticism of the feds after they established a "free speech zone" for Bundy supporters.
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »
http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/291-federal-lands-in-the-us

A point to consider: the "state of Nevada" is almost a fiction, an imaginary place because nearly every square mile is "owned" by the Federal government.  Discussions about this controversy should begin by considering how extreme the situation is - as created by creeping tyranny.

sky otter

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 06:04:28 pm »

can you say armed civil war..can you say marshall law.. :(

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 06:06:57 pm »

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 06:16:39 pm »
Freinds of Cliven Bundy

Facebook
I was asked to post about the service: The Bundy Ranch said this about it: "We are experiencing slow internet and bad cell service, we do not believe the government is shutting us down via cellular towers etc, Once again no proof that they are or aren't, lots of Rumors saying they are. But we have no evidence, could be other issues.....
https://www.facebook.com/support.cliven.bundy

Twitter

If you are heading to the @BundyRanch and you are carrying weapons, please follow state law. Police are cracking down. #RangeWar #2A

https://twitter.com/bundyranch17
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »
Out-of-state groups ride in to stand with Nevada rancher in battle with feds over grazing rights

FOX NEWS

“Our mission here is to protect the protestors and the American citizens from the violence that the federal government is dishing out,” Jim Landy, a member of the West Mountain Rangers, who made the journey from Montana to Nevada, told Fox News Channel. “People here are scared.”

Bundy's family called for support this week after some incidents of violence between the family and protestors with law-enforcement. Bundy’s son was shot with a stun gun on Wednesday and his sister, Margaret Houston was pushed to the ground in incidents caught on video. The protests began to grow last week, after agents from the federal Bureau of Land Management shut off access to a large swath of federal land to round up Bundy’s cattle.

Landy said groups were going to the scene to try to help keep the peace.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/11/militia-groups-come-to-aid-nevada-rancher-in-battle-with-feds/

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:27:37 pm by burntheships »
- Zorgon

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 06:30:18 pm »
"It is not about turtles,
it is about water."

BREAKING: Militia Arrives at Bundy Ranch - YouTube[/url]

Published on Apr 10, 2014

We bring you now the latest from the Bundy Ranch, where the militia has arrived in support of Cliven Bundy in his stand off against the Federal Government, where the Bureau of Land Management has surrounded his ranch with snipers, helicopters and heavy equipment.

Governor Sandoval and Sen. Dean Heller have condemned the actions of the BLM:

The governor has released a statement:

"No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists
nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans."

Sheriff Richard Mack, of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, has declared the Governor's words to be, just that - WORDS - and that immediate action on the part of the Governor should be take to call off the pending Range War.

Radio Host Pete Santilli of Guerrilla Media Network, is standing by on the scene where the Militia has arrived to support the Bundy Family.

Rusty Hill, a former Land Broker who worked in that area for nearly 20 years issued this to our news room, "It is not about turtles it is about water. There are developers working for military contractors that want that land and water for mining weapons grade minerals for industry... they want to sell the land by the highway for real estate development because it's close to I-15 and the Bundy's have been refusing to sell what they actually own directly for over 20 years.

Many buyers sent me out there with crazy offers for that land for many years. It is prime real estate not worthless desert. There is a natural gas pipeline going through there and lots of water under ground too.

Somebody connected to a military corporation is using political power and the BLM to muscle those people out."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:45:48 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 07:53:15 pm »
Hundreds pouring into Bunkerville for cattle rancher protest

KTNV Action News?@KTNV·2 hrs
Hundreds pouring into Bunkerville for cattle rancher protest http://on.ktnv.com/1kf5LnW

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nevada-rancher-tense-standoff-federal-government-article-1.1751348

Ammon Bundy, the son of besieged Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, told Infowars reporter David Knight today(April 10) around 20 cowboys went on land claimed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and retrieved cattle.

“We gathered about 30 head,” said Bundy. “We did have a small confrontation with them, but they didn’t have the forces to do a whole lot. They couldn’t mobilize fast enough and we were able to gather those cattle and get them to the ranch.”
http://www.infowars.com/20-cowboys-break-fed-blockade-in-nevada-retrieve-cattle/

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:21:35 pm by burntheships »
- Zorgon

deuem

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 01:24:44 am »
This is not going to end pretty. The more that show up, the more their hand will be forced to bring in other options. I think that if even one bullet is fired they will gas the lot of them and they will wake up in a camp un-armed and branded for life. And cows don't eat turtles. They just walk by them. The real reason for this is getting to be like finding Flight 370. Will we ever know for sure? Money is in there somewhere.

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 06:48:32 am »
I speculate that some Federal official may de-escalate the situation.  Otherwise, they run the risk of creating martyrs and exposing their police state intentions in a manner that causes mass awakening.  If people are piling up guns and ammo now, imagine what happens after another Ruby Ridge gone big time.

I also note the tragedy of veterans suicides.  Given that, how close to the edge can many in the military get if some aroused by a tyrannical government?  It would contradict the 'fat and lazy' notion of average americans likely held by the elite.

This can end well in regard to freedom but I hope it ends without bloodshed.

Offline Norval

• Gold 161
  • hmmmm what should go here? Ahh, a question!
    • Crater Chains Research
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 07:54:21 am »
, , , , one day CONFRONTATION will be inevitable !  :'(
It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
 What will you know tomorrow? Have a question?
Send me an email at craterchains@yahoo.com

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 08:57:04 am »

Rusty Hill, a former Land Broker who worked in that area for nearly 20 years issued this to our news room,??"It is not about turtles it is about water. There are developers working for military contractors that want that land and water for mining weapons grade minerals for industry... they want to sell the land by the highway for real estate development because it's close to I-15 and the Bundy's have been refusing to sell what they actually own directly for over 20 years.

Many buyers sent me out there with crazy offers for that land for many years. It is prime real estate not worthless desert. There is a natural gas pipeline going through there and lots of water under ground too.

Somebody connected to a military corporation is using political power and the BLM to muscle those people out."

So... military wants the land huh?

... I guess I get to say  "Told you so!" :P

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:21 am »
Official Bundy Facebook

Cliven Bundy is meeting with Sheriff Gillespie this morning.

Clark County Sheriff Douglas Gillespie will be meeting with Cliven Bundy

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch
- Zorgon

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 09:20:05 am »
You guys DO realize the Bundys are going to lose in this?

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]