Name: "Billy" Eduard Albert Meier
Born: February 3, 1937 (1937-02-03) (age 71)
"Billy" Eduard Albert Meier (February 3, 1937) is a citizen of Switzerland and alleged and self-claimed contactee. He is also the source of many controversial photographs of objects claimed to be UFOs. Meier claims regular contact with the extraterrestrials, and presents much spiritual and philosophical information from these meetings. He describes the Plejaren as humanoid much like the humans of Earth.
A farmer born in the town of Bulach in the Swiss Lowlands, Eduard "Billy" Meier claims that his first alleged extraterrestrial contacts occurred in 1942 at the age of five with an elderly extraterrestrial human man named Sfath. Contacts with Sfath allegedly lasted until 1953. From 1953 to 1964 Meier's alleged contacts continued with an extraterrestrial human woman named Asket.  Meier claims that after an eleven year break, contacts resumed again (beginning on January 28, 1975) with an extraterrestrial human woman named Semjase the granddaughter of Sfath.
In his teens, Meier joined the French Foreign Legion but says he soon left and returned home. He traveled extensively around the world pursuing spiritual exploration, covering some forty-two countries over twelve years. In 1965 he lost his left arm in a bus accident in Turkey. In 1966 he met and married a Greek woman, Kalliope, with whom he has three children. The nickname "Billy" came by way of an American friend who thought Meier's cowboy style of dress reminded her of "Billy The Kid". This anecdote was told by Meier, himself, in an interview with Bob Zanotti of Swiss Radio International in June, 1982. (BZ, 1/08).
Meier has created a large collection of controversial photographs. He claims these photos show spaceships (called beamships) as well as extraterrestrials (humans called the Plejaren). Meier says that the Plejaren gave him permission to photograph  and film their beamships in order to produce some of the evidence for extraterrestrial visitation .
Meier's claims are disputed by both UFO skeptics and some UFO enthusiasts   
Beginning in 1975, Meier allegedly began his official
contacts ("official" in that evidence was to be provided publicly, unlike
earlier contacts), communicating both directly (face-to-face) and by telepathy
with a core group of the Pleiadeans/Plejarens, or Errans as he also refers
to them (Erra being their planet in the Pleiades), who gave their names
as Ptaah, Semjase, Quetzal, and Pleija, among numerous others.
One of Mr. Meier's controversial images.Switzerland,1975
These visitors reportedly hail from a star system beyond the Pleiades in a dimension that is a fraction of a second in the future from our dimension (an alternate timeline). These Plejaren have allegedly afforded Meier a more interesting sampling of evidence than derive from most such encounters, including highly detailed photography, videos, multi-toned sound recordings, the temporary use of a weapon, which he employed for trial on a nearby tree, and metal alloy samples.
Meier claimed the visitors charged him with certain informational and consciousness-raising tasks. As he undertook this mission he allegedly met with a strong deal of scorn and derision, including, his center says, twenty-one assassination attempts, including some by hostile extraterrestrial entities, which were met in significant part with the help of his Plejaren friends. Meier was uncomfortable with the megalomaniacal associations others would attach to his role as a representative, since they employed the term "prophet", but undertook the effort nonetheless.
In 1975 Meier established FIGU (Freie Interessengemeinschaft für Grenz- und Geisteswissenschaften und Ufologiestudien), a German abbreviation for the Free Community of Interests for the Fringe and Spiritual Sciences and UFOlogical Studies, a non-profit organization for the benefit of researchers into this field, and headquartered it at the Semjase Silver Star Center.
Meier claims that he was instructed to transcribe the conversations he has with the various extraterrestrial humans, some of which have been published in the German language. These books are referred to as the Contact Notes (or Contact Reports). Currently there are nine volumes of the Contact Reports (titled Plejadisch-Plejarische Kontaktberichte) published. Some of the Contact Reports were translated into English, extensively edited and expurgated, and published in the out-of-print four-volume set Message From The Pleiades by Meier case investigator Wendelle Stevens.
Meier's claimed discussions with the Plejarens are highly detailed and wide-ranging, affording a body of claims running from religion and the afterlife to human history to science and astronomical phenomena to ecology and environmental dangers and even prophecies of future historic trends and events.
An additional aspect of the Meier case is the highly controversial book the Talmud Jmmanuel. The book was originally published in German in 1975 and is now being prepared for its 4th edition in the English language. It is said to be the translation of ancient Aramaic scrolls that were discovered by Meier and a colleague in Jerusalem in 1963. The book claims to be the original teachings and life events of the man named Jmmanuel. Extensive study has been made of the book by James Deardorff.
Criticism and controversy
The photographs and films
Some of the most important evidence for Meier's claims come from his large collection of controversial photographs. These include images appearing to show UFOs in the Swiss countryside, the Apollo-Soyuz 1975 docking, and distant astronomical phenomena. Supporters believe that the images are exceptionally high quality and that a one-armed man would have been unable to create such remarkable fakes.
Critics such as Stanton Friedman and Jacques Vallee believe them to be fakes. Some critics have provided examples of similar photos and have demonstrated that some appear to be photos taken from science fiction books, paintings and television programs.
Other allegations include:
* Focus and light-direction problems
are consistent with cut-and-paste and model work
* A picture of his Pleiadian alien contact "Asket" was an actress from the Dean Martin TV Show
However, in his detailed computer analysis of pictures Jim Dilettoso did not find any "focus and light-direction problems" and proved beyond reasonable doubt, on the ground of pixelization properties, that those pictures definitely were not made with rope and models and presented sizable objects of about 22 feet in diameter. Meier claims that these photos were altered by intelligence agencies and slipped into his collection in order to discredit his UFO case.
The metal samples
The metal alloy samples are said to have been given to Meier allegedly by the Plejarens and then passed on to Wendelle Stevens, who then had them tested by scientist Marcel Vogel. Vogel said that in his view the samples were impossible to be made with the means of contemporary metallurgy and displayed the properties of cold fusion which were beyond the reach of science by then (and still are). Vogel also states that the metal vanished from the IBM laboratory not long after his work was completed, preventing other scientists from performing their own analysis on it. Which lead to more skepticism and concern.
While supporters believe that Meier is a “prophet”, critics assume that due to Meier’s lack of impact on global affairs, that megalomania may possibly underlie many of Meier’s claims. Among these claims made in Message from the Pleiades (Vol. 1-4) are the following:
- Meier is literally the latest incarnation of Isaiah, Elijah, Muhammad, and Jesus, meaning that Meier is one and the same with these historical figures.
- Meier is the only person on Earth spiritually fit for contact with the Pleiadian race, who claim that all other people cause a "severe shock" to their psyches.
- Meier is among "five people" on Earth (the others are unnamed) who have more spiritual power than all other six billion human beings combined.
- As recounted in the unabridged version of Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 2, translated by Wendelle Stevens, Meier was taken back in time by the Pleiadian Asket where he met personally with Jesus, who told Meier that Meier's evolution was higher than Jesus' himself, saying, "Your spiritual development is truly ... further developed than the mine (sic)" (par. 206). Somewhat ironically, the encounter with Jesus followed Meier punching his friend Jitschi, who also accompanied him back in time, in the face for being belligerent.
- Meier is the instrumental force in ushering humanity into the Golden Age of Aquarius, despite the fact that Meier, currently in old age, is not well-known even in his home country of Switzerland and his writings are obscure and relatively unknown by those not involved in UFO research.
- Meier’s wife divorced him and claimed repeatedly that Meier had fabricated the existence of the Pleiadians and thereby his role as contactee and world-redeemer.
The ET contact person Semjase
'Samjase' is pronounced as 'sanyasi' which is a common Hindu word. Sanjase are those people who leave materialism and opt for spiritualism in their whole lives. Hindu teachings of Sannyasa, "renunciation," explain the meaning more accurately. There is also a potentially disturbing detail concerning the name of the female alien "Semjase", which sounds similar to (and thus some unspecified people feel must be identical with) el Samyaza the heaven-seizer, as described in the Second Temple Book of Enoch, purportedly the one who originated and orchestrated the invasion program recorded in Genesis 6 (See: Nephilim). The Book of Enoch describes how some of these beings, led by Samyaza, decided to interfere with Adamic humanity, giving them arts of magic, writing, and technology. The Nephilim are described in Genesis as "men of renown", an interbreeding of the "Sons of Elohim" with the "daughters of men" (for which, Yahweh floods portions of the Earth to halt Nephilim influence, and, as some Orthodox Jews and recently some Evangelical Christian scholars say, so as to allow the Messiah to be born, suggesting a strategic, historical motive behind this seemingly pointless act of lust). Furthermore, the Watchers appear in other texts regarded as apocrypha, and are sometimes even regarded as a previously-created form of humanity, or "Celestial Sons". Meier fans counter that the spelling is different and that the names' sounding alike doesn't mean that they are the same, just as Robert and Roberta are distinct names. Second, Semjase is a female, and there is also a different being, Semjaza, who is the same as in Enoch, a male completely different human ET who apparently fathered the Teutonic race).
Meier himself speaks of two human males named 'Semjasa' who influence the Earth in much the same way as described in the Book of Enoch, a text that he says was altered for religious purposes. The first Semjasa, who lived around 389,000 years ago, interbred with native Earth-humanity, creating a lineage. The second Semjasa, said to be the same spirit-form in another human male, lived about 11,000 years ago and, as a remnant of Atlantis, seeded an Earth-human lineage, an inter-breeding of the Atlanteans with the wild humans of North Africa, Mesopotamia, and Northern India. Meier also claims that this was the origin of the Three Peoples: the original Armenians, the Ancient Hebrews, and the Aryans.
According to Billy Meier, the name 'Semjase' or 'Semjasa' simply means 'Semi-JHWH', referring to the JHWH, the highest rank and title in Lyran-descended societies. In both historical cases, Semjasa was said to be of lesser rank than the JHWH, being a 'Semi-JHWH', so the name could be associated with the title as well.
World War Three
Billy Meier has repeatedly warned of an impending Third
World War beginning in November of 2006, 2008, 2010, or 2011. He has also
denounced the terroristic activities and vigilante behaviours of various
Muslim extremist groups, which he says only foments the possibility for
war. At one time, Meier reported November, 2006 as the most likely start
of World War III. This has since been revised to November of 2008. In any
case, Meier states that in an upcoming year, four world leaders will die
within seven days of one another as a sign that within merely 2 years of
these events the long-feared world war will indeed erupt, unless terrestrials
finally gain mastery over their reasoning to stop all these ills. He states
these are all prophecies, however, and subject to change, as opposed to
- Sfath - An alien picture of a Pleiadian
- Semjase - An alien picture of a Pleiadian
- FIGU Society USA Web Site
- Spaceships of the Pleiades: The Billy Meier Story. - book reviews | Skeptical Inquirer | Find Articles at BNET.com
- "UFO" Photos by the IIG and Billy Meier
- FIGU Society USA Web Site
- FIGU Society USA Web Site
- FIGU Society USA Web Site
- (Sheaffer 1998:34)
- Billy Meier 101
- (Korff 1995:245-47)
- (Korff 1995:169-93, 208-13, 245-47)
- (Korff 1995:297, 307-9)
- The Contact Reports of "Billy" Eduard Albert Meier: a topical listing, Contact 9
- A Word to Third World War
- Kinder, Gary (1987) Light Years: An Investigation into the Extraterrestrial Experiences of Eduard MeierISBN 0-87113-139-0
- Korff, Kal K. (1981) The Meier Incident: The Most Infamous Hoax in Ufology. Burbank, California: W. L. Moore Publications.
- Moosbrugger, Guido. And Still They Fly ISBN 0-9711523-1-4
- Meier, Eduard Albert, Through Space and Time: A Photo Journal of Billy Eduard Albert Meier ISBN 0-9711523-5-7
- Stevens, Wendelle C., Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 1: The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier ISBN 0-934269-14-9
- Stevens, Wendelle C., Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 2: The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier ISBN 0-934269-24-6
- Stevens, Wendelle C., Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 3: The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier ISBN 0-934269-28-9
- Stevens, Wendelle C., Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 4: The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier ISBN 0-934269-30-0
- Stevens, Wendelle C., UFO Contact from the Pleiades: A Preliminary Investigation Report ISBN 0-9608558-2-3
- Stevens, Wendelle C., and Lee Elders, UFO... Contact from the Pleiades, Volume 1 ISBN 0-937850-02-0
- Robert Sheaffer (1998). UFO Sightings: The Evidence. Prometheus Books. ISBN 1-57392-213-7.
- Kal K. Korff (1995). Spaceships of the Pleiades: The Billy Meier Story. Prometheus Books. ISBN 0-87975-959-3.
- Stuttaford, Andrew (January 17, 2003). Spirits in the Sky. National Review. Retrieved on 2007-05-01.
- Ortega, Tony (March 5, 1998). The Hack and the Quack. Phoenix New Times. Retrieved on 2007-05-01.
- Talmud Jmmanuel: The Clear Translation in English and German (Isa Rashid, Eduard Meier, J. H. Ziegler & B. L. Greene): ISBN 978-0971152335
- In Search of Truth & Freedom (Dietmar Rothe), ISBN 0-9677453-2-2
- King of Travelers: Jesus Lost Years In India (Edward T. Martin): ISBN 0-9672408-3-2
- The Meier Contacts: The Key To Our Future Survival (Michael Horn) (2004) (video)
- Billy Meier - Homepage
- Billy Meier - Figu Website
- Steelmark Books (English Billy Meier Publisher)
- Michael Horn - Exploring the Billy Meier UFO Contacts
- James Moore's Meier Wiki - The Largest Collection of English-language Contact Reports
- Michael Horn's guest appearance on The Paranormalis
- James Deardorff's Talmud Jmmanuel Website
- Bibliography of English-language materials
- 2004 skeptical report on Meier's claims
- James Randi on Billy Meier
- Billy Meier biography, tales and evidence
- "Billy Meier exposed", by Michael Taylor
- In Which A. W. (UK) fakes a UFO photograph just like Meier's
- Independent Investigations Group Billy Meier Case Research
- Pictures analysis