Pegasus Research Consortium
The UFO Files

Skyfloating's Collection
Member of
(Edited and Additions by Pegasus)

USO Research ~ by Skyfloating - Page 003
posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM  link   

For those having mentioned water as UFO-fuel...

1949, Russian Military Magazine
Location. Daimiszhe, near Rozhdestveno, Leningrad region, Russia
Date: middle of September 1949         Time: daytime

Militia Major A. Burkov, responsible for this area located about 70 km from the city of Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg), had accidentally run into an old friend from the war, a former pilot, Captain B.I. Surikov. While they talked, two boys came running towards them completely out of breath and told the officers that they were from the village. The boys reported that an unknown flying machine or craft had landed on the banks of the River Oredezh. The craft was of an unknown construction, without any identification marks.

Two “men” walked out of the craft. Both were dressed in strange suits, similar to divers’ suits. Both men then inserted some type of hose into the river. Major Burkov tried to communicate with the city but radio communications were down. Then he took Sergeant N.N. Nechiporenko and they both drove an American-made Jeep to the location of the incident. Captain Surikov also accompanied the men. Since he was familiar with all types of aircraft, both Soviet and German, he thought he could help. The distance to the village was just several kilometers, but the road was difficult with mud in several areas so they arrived 20 minutes later. They had met several agitated, worried villagers who also accompanied the men to the location where the unknown craft had landed.

Armed with automatic pistols, both Major Burkov and Sergeant Nechiporenko carefully approached the location on the banks of the river where the craft had landed. There were no men visible near the machine now, but a shiny metallic hose, the thickness of a human hand (about 10-15 cm thick) stretched from the craft into the water. The witnesses stood about 50 m from the craft. In its outer appearance the craft resembled an inverted aluminum saucer the size of an American-made truck. The craft had neither windows or a hatchway or any identification markings on its surface. The craft also lacked wings and a tail unit. Captain Surikov stated that Russia did not possess such circular aircraft [but] knew that the Germans had tested something similar during the war. At that moment the hose started to slowly move inside the craft. Simultaneously, a quite (sic-quiet) humming sound was heard, as if an engine had been switched on.

The sergeant and the major both fired two warning shots into the air, but the humming sound increased, and a red lighted ring appeared at the bottom section of the craft. After that the craft began to slowly ascend into the air. The main (sic-men) the[n] fired several shots aimed at the craft and seemingly the object wavered for a moment. Then the mysterious object, in a moment, literally jumped up, hovered at treetop height for a couple of seconds, and the[n] shot away at high speed towards Luga. At the landing site, the men found a large circle of grass totally dried out and pressed against the ground. The ground was almost warm. The men did not find any foreign objects but did find several dead fishes floating in the river where the hose had plunged into the water. After reporting the event to authorities, a group of military officers arrived from Leningrad and investigated the landing site.
1950 Argentinian Newspapers
The majority of Argentine newspapers carried accounts of this journey, including the various troubles and problems which he had to overcome but, what he did not relate at that time, through fear of ridicule, he revealed in 1968 due to growing interest shown by official Argentine groups in the consideration of the UFO phenomenon. According to Suarez, 4 or 5 days after his departure from Ushuaia, he was between San Sebastián and Río Grande (still within the territory of Tierra del Fuego) and was walking through a coastal region about 600 meters from the Atlantic Ocean. It was approximately 11:00 PM. Suddenly and breaking the nocturnal silence, he heard something similar to a loud noise of water violently disturbed. Several sheep, who were sleeping in a field, jumped up alarmed and hurriedly ran away. There was no wind, storm, or thunderstorm that might have explained the event. Immediately a luminous object of oval form appeared emerging from the sea about 500 meters from the shore. It rose up vertically to a certain altitude and then made a turn of ninety degrees and disappeared towards the northeast in the direction of Argentine territory.

Some 15 days later, also at night and when he was between Río Gallegos and the city of Santa Cruz (in the neighborhood of Puerto Coyle in the province of Santa Cruz), a similar phenomenon occurred. This time, although he could not determine the exact distance from the coast, four small luminous objects came up out of the waters of the Atlantic. They repeated the same maneuver as the previous object; that is, they gained altitude vertically and then in perfect formation approached the coastline and moved off towards the west in the direction of the Andes Mountains.
1950 Naval Aviation News
USS GARDINERS BAY—While steaming up the channel from Inch’on, Korea, two mysterious missiles trailing long white smoke trails in the sky struck the water at great speed off the ship’s bow. Two huge columns of water rose to about 100 feet in height at the point of contact. No aircraft could be sighted by radar or visually overhead although the ceiling was unlimited. Identification of the missiles remains a great mystery.
1951 Non-Ufology-Source, Ethiopia

Non-UFOlogy sources are good because they double the credibility of a Sighting.
The night fell softly dark and Sheila sailed herself gently across a warm breeze. Mike and I were talking in the cockpit when we noticed a light far out to the southeast. As we watched, it grew more vivid and was seen to be sweeping towards us; it seemed like the beam of a very powerful lighthouse, pivoted in the south and sweeping from one horizon to the other--but under the water. It rapidly came closer, relentless and inexplicable, until it lit up the sails with a greenish light quite bright enough to read by. I watched the defined beam as it passed under Sheila, throwing the dark shadow of her hull momentarily over the sails, and then it fled to the western horizon.

It left us speechless, but another great beam appeared in the east, swung towards us, underneath us, and silently fled into the western darkness. This happened about five times, always the same, at the same regular intervals, in complete silence and with no change in the wind or sea. Mike, a devout atheist, uttered a shaking blasphemy and admitted that one more beam would have put him on his knees.

1951 NICAP Report, Korean Incident
It was a night in '51. Under lowering clouds, a United States task force of fourteen ships was cruising near Korea. Down in the Combat Information Center of a CVE-class carrier, intercept officers and radar men were keeping a routine watch. Suddenly a strange blip appeared on the CIC radarscopes. Some unknown machine, larger than carrier aircraft, was circling the fleet.

In minutes, Navy interceptors were boring up into the clouds that hid the intruder. At first, the CIC men had thought it was some new Red aircraft spotting the fleet by radar. But an hour passed with neither an attack nor message to bring enemy bombers. Even before this the CIC men knew, from the object's speed and maneuvers, it had to be a UFO. As the hours went on, fresh pilots replaced the first group. Again and again, flying by instruments in the misty dark, they risked collision for a look at the unknown craft. But the UFO stayed deep in the clouds.

Down in the CIC, puzzled intercept men watched the mysterious "target." What could explain the hours of circling up in the overcast? Could "they" see through those tight-packed clouds by some unknown device—or a different kind of vision? What was behind this long surveillance—curiosity, or something more ominous?
Near the end of the seventh hour, another squadron was launched. Abruptly, the UFO stopped circling. As the tense CIC men watched, it swung in behind the nearest Navy plane.

"Target joining up on wingman!" the lead pilot reported.
"Close in for visual on target!" ordered the CIC, fearing an attack on the wingman. Though the clouds made it almost hopeless, the leading pilot turned. Swiftly, the UFO speeded up, leaving the plane behind. In less than ten minutes, the radarscopes showed it was two hundred miles away.

The signed report later certified by Board members was given to NICAP by one of the pilots involved, now a lieutenant commander on duty in this country. The unknown machine, officially logged as a UFO, was tracked by radar operators on all fourteen ships. Its long surveillance of the task force remained a mystery.  

UFOs and Water: Physical Effects of UFOs on Water Through Accounts by Eyewitnesses
by Carl W. Feindt ~ Amazon Books

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM  link   

I'm sure I have recounted this story before on here but I'll tell it again as it is a classic case of USO activity being tracked by Radar.

For 14 years I was in the Navy, initially serving as a RADAR operator. Around 1995 I was on board a Navy destroyer operating in the Atlantic ocean on live missile firing exercises. During these events I was working as the surface picture supervisor but due to the nature of the exercise we had a full compliment closed up in the operations room. This meant that (unusually for night time watches during peace time) we had a full ops room gunnery team on watch manning the tracking RADARs that have the capability of giving height readings (important later on in the story). However the Sonar team was not closed up as it was not an ASW exercise and at that time no firings were underway.

It was either a middle or a morning watch (00:00 - 04:00, 04:00 - 08:00) I can't remember which but it is important to note that it was dark outside and there was heavy cloud cover obscuring the moon. Now when I say dark, I don't mean dark like it gets in the city. I mean so dark that you can't see your hand in front of your face. On a ship at sea at night, all lights are turned off except for navigational lights. On the bridge it is dark with only red lighting being used to light the charts and instrument displays (red light does not destroy the all important night vision). I am telling you this so that you understand that anything on the water or in the air that was not lit would be virtually invisible to the bridge crew.

Any way I was on the surface plot when suddenly I get a contact about five miles from the ship slightly to port. It came out of nowhere and so I quickly scaled down the Radar in order to get a good look and put a track on it. I called the Bridge and warned the Officer of the watch of the contact and he immediately began to turn to port and ordered the bridge crew onto the bridge wings (outdoors) to look for whatever it is in the water. As soon as the ship begins to turn the contact begins to move towards the ship and then begins to circle the vessel at less than one mile. at this point it was still on the surface radar and the only thing that I can think of is it being a helicopter. I checked for transponder response but there was nothing. The officer of the watch then calls to say that the looks out can see or hear nothing but that he has it on his raw radar display. He straightens the ship up and then the weirdest thing happens. The contact that had been circling us at less than 60 mph went from less than one mile in to us to thirty miles away leaving a streak of light across my display and a radar track floating uselessly away. Due to the computer losing the track I couldn't track its speed but I was fast enough to leave that trail on the RADAR display. I called the Officer of the watch and was in the process of reporting this to him when it came racing back in, circled the ship once and then flew back out again before returning and repeating the pattern a few more times. Whilst I was discussing the likely hood of it being a helicopter with the bridge team my assistant managed to keep a manual track of it, reporting its speed as fluctuating between 120 mph on its circuit of the ship and 500 mph on its outwards and inwards leg. The weird thing was that it wasn't gradually slowing down at its furthest point from the ship, it was literally coming to a dead stop before reversing direction. Now that speed may not seem fast but remember that this was a surface RADAR and that what ever this thing was it was low and it was dark.

The Bridge was still reporting nothing visual or audible but they could see the same as me on their raw RADAR. I now began transmitting on radio frequencies requesting the aircraft in position (lat and long) to turn on its navigational lights or squawk (turn on transponder) and the bridge crew did the same however we got no reply.

After a few more circtuits and fast approaches of the ship the contact disapeared off the surface RADAR. The bridge now had no way of tracking the contact due to only having surface RADAR and requested a good watch on all RADARS. I switched to a meduim range RADAR and found the contact again, circling the vessel at about five miles out. losing it from the surface RADAR but continuing its tracking on a meduim range meant that what ever it was had gained altitude.I reported this to the Bridge and then the missile desk that had been watching events and listening in came on the line asking if they could have permisson to lock onto the contact with the tracking RADAR (909) in order to ascertain altitude. The reply was a firm negative as locking up the contact could be seen as an act of agression and it was not known if this was a foreign military aircraft or helicopter.

A few seconds later I again lost the contact after it became stationary about six miles ahead of the ship and then disapeared. I ordered my assistant to keep a good eye on surface RADAR for shipping and I switched up to the air and long range RADAR. Sure enough there it was, it appeared to be stationary but I had a feeling that it wasn't as it had left the range of my medium range RADAR and appeared on the air RADAR indicating that it was gaining in altitude. At this point the petty officer on the missile desk called me up on my headset privately. He said that he was going to lock up the contact for a few seconds without anybody knowing in order to see how fast this thing was going and at what altitude. The result from the quick burst was that it was gaining supersonic speed and leaving the stratosphere (don't want to talk altitudes as the ceiling of 909 is classified). At the end of the watch the officer of the watch came in the ops room and discussed what we thought this thing was. He was adamant that there was nothing visual and that even with both bridge doors open he could hear nothing above the sound of the ships engines.

So basically something appeared in front of the ship from absolutely no where. circled the ship, began moving away from and towards the ship at fast speeds and then began to gain altitude before presumably leaving the atmosphere completely (although we can't say that for sure as we could track it only for a second or two with a height finding RADAR) . I haven't got a clue what it was but I strongly lean towards the USO theory as did a lot of other people on watch that night.

Edit to say that I personally was never asked to file a report on the matter. I know that the officer of the watch reported the incident to the captain but I am not sure if it was taken any further. I do know that RADAR tapes were made as it was a firing exercise and the tapes were running throughout the whole period night and day in case of any mishaps regarding wayward missiles etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM  link   
  • Was there any follow up?
  • How was this event filed?
  • How are they explained?
  • Does any procedure or action follow?
  • What do superiors do or say?
I really wonder how this type of stuff is handled in real life.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM  link   

There was no follow up required by myself. I know that the captain was informed but I'm not sure if he took it further or took the view that no harm was done and it was unexplained and therefore not worth reporting due to having more important data to capture.

At the time an engineering officer did wonder if it was a spurious echo that was being produced by weather system etc affecting the RADAR. However it was quickly pointed out that if this was the case then it was a spurious echo appearing on 3 different Radars all operating on different frequencies. So this was ruled out.

There wasn't an air of urgency about the incident more an air of caution due to navigational safety and then curiosity.

I know from working with pilots (as a ship born helicopter controller assistant) that they see many things and never bother to report them. I would think that a lot of things like this occur and then never get reported as those involved simply shrug them off once the incident is over.

Unless a specific threat was implied or a dangerous situation occurred then often nobody bothers to report it.

Related Links
You may use this content as long as you comply with our Creative Commons Deed by properly sourcing the author as owner, source the website as co-owner, do not create a derivative work, and do not use it for commerical purposes.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Pegasus Research Consortium distributes this material without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C § 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
~ MENU ~


Webpages  © 2001-2016
Blue Knight Production